New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 51 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303146 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #601
    Bugbear in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing III: I May Not Iron Heart Surge Rule Zero

***Just because I can make a great wyrm prismatic dragon at seventh level, doesn't mean that I should, unless we're in a very high optimization environment.
    Last edited by NM020110; 2012-05-27 at 04:33 PM.

2. - Top - End - #602
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing III: I May Not Iron Heart Surge Rule Zero

*Not allowed to cast Silent Still Blasphemy and blame it on the Druid's animal companion.
    *There is no such thing as a Dire Skunk, and even if there were, it would be in bad taste to polymorph the cleric into one.
    **I'm not allowed to argue that the cleric's been walking around in full-plate for a week and thus actually smells better as a result of this.
    *Casting Fell Drain Fireball at a flock of pidgeons will incinerate them, not animate them as pidgeonwights.
    **Even if I apply the Subdual Substitution metamagic to it.
    ***There is no conceivable way for me to get pidgeonwights, so stop asking.
    *If playing a necromancer, not allowed to start giggling maniacally when asked if anyone can raise the dead.
    Currently DMing: Final Fantasy RPG 3e, Pokémon Tabletop United

3. - Top - End - #603
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Cookie View Post
    *No matter how high my perform modifer is, my Bard cannot summon a burning zepplin of lead.
    *I am no longer allowed to make Bards based on the characters and cast of Brutal Legend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Fortunately, a Monk 1/Warblade 19 uses Iron Heart Surge to end the Monk character class, and the day is saved.

4. - Top - End - #604
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf DW View Post
    *I am no longer allowed to make Bards based on the characters and cast of Brutal Legend.
    **Nor is my bard allowed to take Leadership solely to receive a cohort capable of helping him play "The Greatest Song in the World"
    ***Nor any tribute thereof.

5. - Top - End - #605
    Ogre in the Playground

On an unrelated note, the Age of Metal would be a fantastic D&D setting. There is also the fact that Brutal Legend was way too short...

OK, it's decided. Brutal Legend will be converted to D&D. *Runs to homebrew thread*

PS, Eddie Riggs would probably be a Bardsader or Bardbarian.
    Open the lid and snatch a homebrewed treat from Cookie's Jar

Ponytar by Dirtytabs

Quote Originally Posted by DudeWhyAreAllTheNamesTaken(Imgur)
    Chaotic neutral. Might rob you blind. Might save your life. Might do both.

6. - Top - End - #606
    Banned

Goblin

* If my wizard is wearing blue robes covered in runes, mystical, exotic amulets and rings, large, pointy hat and pair of glasses ahd has a large beard and carries a huge spellbook and magic staff, I'm no longer allowed to complain that every single enemy with more that two points in Int tries to kill me first.
    ** No longer allowed to complain everybody can tell in great detail how they guy throwi fireballs around looks like either.
    *** Both extend to any kind of caster who looks distinguish.
    * If I step foward and throw a spell I'm going to assume every single enemy will try to stop me from doing that again.
    * If the GM uses enemy wizards dressed like normal guys and throwing spells from behind a cover, he is trying to give me a hint, not screw the party over.
    Last edited by Man on Fire; 2012-05-28 at 03:27 PM.

7. - Top - End - #607
    Orc in the Playground

*Yes. The joke where you cast Glitterdust on the vampire was funny once. It does not bear repeating.
    *Casting Bounce on the Dragoon's armor, while hilarious, only works once.
    **Said Dragoon would like me to know that, if it happens again, I will be stabbed.
    ***Using said spell to turn the Throne Room into a bounce house is not going to earn me any brownie points with the king.
    *Contrary to what my wizard insists, there is, in fact, a situation in which casting Bounce is frowned upon. In fact, there are a great many.
    **Combining Bounce with Grease is right out.
    ***I am henceforth forbidden from researching the custom spell Bounce, or any spell with similar effects.
    ****No longer allowed to research my own spells. Ever.
    Last edited by Loxagn; 2012-05-30 at 08:06 PM.

8. - Top - End - #608
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kira_the_5th View Post
    **Nor is my bard allowed to take Leadership solely to receive a cohort capable of helping him play "The Greatest Song in the World"
    ***Nor any tribute thereof.
    **** Trying to summon shiny demons while hitchhiking is similarly forbidden.
    ***** Shiny demons do not manifest by "shining".
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

9. - Top - End - #609
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rockphed View Post
    **** Trying to summon shiny demons while hitchhiking is similarly forbidden.
    ***** Shiny demons do not manifest by "shining".
    ******There is no artifact called "the pick of destiny"
    *******Wielding an axe and a guitar does not constitute "dual-wielding axes" and any attempt to argue such will result in rocks and death.
    Fortunately, a Monk 1/Warblade 19 uses Iron Heart Surge to end the Monk character class, and the day is saved.

10. - Top - End - #610
    Titan in the Playground

*Tattooing the magic missile spell to every slot in your body enough times to fill your body with the spell does not constitute clothes. Especially as a gnome. Especially in the Elf Queen's court.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

11. - Top - End - #611

SwashbucklerGuy

* Having Power Attack and Cleave is good. Having a full party with Power Attack and Cleave is not…
    Proud owner of: 0.36 0.43 0.99 2.00 Internet(s), 2 Win(s), and 3000 Brownie Point(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Welknair View Post
    *Proceeds to google "Bride of the Portable Hole", jokingly wondering if it might exist*

*It does.*

What.

12. - Top - End - #612
    Ogre in the Playground

*I may not activate my moment of persience on a craft (pancakes) check.
    My pancakes turned out flawlessly this morning and I think I may have done this subconsciously.

13. - Top - End - #613

RedWizardGuy

*I am never allowed to possess a Rod of Lordly Might.

14. - Top - End - #614
    Pixie in the Playground

DrowGuy

*I may never play an Ozodrin again.
    ** Said Ozodrin is not allowed to have a split personality, where one refuses to fight and the other murders everything
    *** I am not allowed to have 32 eyes on my head in the shape of a crown
    ****I may not try to grapple eat the party spellcaster thus resulting in his hands falling off
    *****I may not throw my limbs coverd in barbed teeth at the town tailor
    ******I may not look hansom while coverd in tentacles and eyes even if my Cha is 22

15. - Top - End - #615
    Titan in the Playground

*I may not point out flaws in homebrew classes to their creator. Even if they're glaring. Especially if they make it overpowered.
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).

16. - Top - End - #616

SwashbucklerGuy

* Do not threaten the shop keeper who is offering to enchant your weapon.
    ** Especially if that threat involves bodily harm to the shopkeeper.
    *** This goes double after you've already handed the weapon over so they could inspect it.
    **** Even if the shopkeeper decides to enchant it at a discount after said intimidation, I shouldn't be surprised when the weapon comes back cursed instead of enchanted.
    Last edited by Ksheep; 2012-06-03 at 05:45 PM.
    Proud owner of: 0.36 0.43 0.99 2.00 Internet(s), 2 Win(s), and 3000 Brownie Point(s)

*Proceeds to google "Bride of the Portable Hole", jokingly wondering if it might exist*

*It does.*

What.

17. - Top - End - #617
    Banned

Goblin

Quote Originally Posted by planswalker View Post
    *I may not point out flaws in homebrew classes to their creator. Even if they're glaring. Especially if they make it overpowered.
    You can always point flaws in mine.

18. - Top - End - #618
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by planswalker View Post
    Umm...

At least on this forum, pointing out flaws is exactly what you're supposed to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

19. - Top - End - #619
    Titan in the Playground

that's what's said, yes. My experience has been that the creators are very sensitive and take it personally when you do. Not always, no, but quite often.

20. - Top - End - #620
    Ogre in the Playground

I can confirm that statement but I make it a point to accept their advice reguardless.

*May not compensate for a character with an intelligence and wisdom lower than 10 by giving them enough defensive prowess to survive any Darwin Awards they might invoke.
    Last edited by Doorhandle; 2012-06-04 at 01:42 AM.
    Can't write. Can't plan. Can draw a little.
    Quote Originally Posted by Craft (Cheese) View Post
    "In his free time, he gates in Balors just so he can kill and eat them later!"

21. - Top - End - #621

*May not make a character that's sole purpose is achieving Darwin awards in attempted TPK
    **I'm not allowed to have my character volunteer as the party face if he has a CHA of 3 and no ranks in any social skill, especially if it would be IC.
    I have returned, and plan on focusing on world-building. Issues are being dealt with.

Quote Originally Posted by MesiDoomstalker View Post
    Thread won! I don't think I have the authority to do that but whatever

22. - Top - End - #622

*I may not look through this thread for ideas.
    Currently running the Heroes of Circumstance campaign!

In Character

Out of Character

Credit for my awesome avatar goes to the amazing Ceika.

23. - Top - End - #623

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by VGLordR2 View Post
    *I may not look through this thread for ideas.
    ** I may not even casually GLANCE at this thread for ideas.
    *** Looking anywhere in the vicinity of this thread within 48 hours of character creation is strictly prohibited.
    **** The same goes for TVTropes.
    Last edited by Ksheep; 2012-06-04 at 01:46 PM.

*It does.*

What.

24. - Top - End - #624
    Titan in the Playground

* 6 CHA is not going to allow me to seduce anything.
    ** Not anything that I want to seduce, anyways.

* I do not get a bonus to seducing simply for being female.
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

25. - Top - End - #625
    Orc in the Playground

*I will remember, in the future, that Grafts are a privelige, not a right.
    *No, the verbal components for Animate Objects do not involve a musical number.
    *Taking a fallen opponent's skull is, while frowned upon, not terribly odd. There are worse trophies to take. Immediately casting Animate Dead and Permanencied Levitate on it and naming the resultant creature my familiar, however, is very frowned upon.
    **Awakening my newfound 'familiar' is extremely so.
    ***Giving the skull a wisecracking personality and naming him Murray is right out.
    ****Fine, I can name him Murray. The DM will not allow me to run around his campaign with a familiar named 'Skull****y'.
    *I am not to be offended when an enemy Paladin doesn't laugh at Murray's jokes.
    **No, casting Hideous Laughter on him as a response to this is not funny either.

*Not allowed to poke fun at my fellow Runner's abysmal accent.
    **Even if it's impossible to tell whether his character is supposed to be German, Russian, or Middle Eastern.
    *There is literally no conceivable reason for my character to start the campaign with 100 Gallons of Nano-paste in his wardrobe.

*No matter what the dice say or how many Righteous Furies I just rolled, I can't decapitate Galgaliel with a thrown Progressive Knife.
    *An A.T. Tactician's purpose is to Neutralize the A.T. Field while the rest of the party mops up. Not to solo the world-killing abominations.
    *No, there is no such thing as Positron Cannon Tag, and even if there were, I would be court-martialed for playing it.
    *Just because two of the other Eva Pilots have the Manufactured background and the Replaceable trait, I'm not allowed to argue that using them for cannon fodder is acceptable.

*Yes. A god of music riding a hot pink chocobo at Mach 1 across the plains does, in fact, draw attention. In fact, it draws a great deal of attention.

26. - Top - End - #626
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

*In Pathfinder, my Int-based Fighter may not use Craft (Arms and Armor) to combine a crossbow with any magic item that continually produces water to create a hydraulically powered automatic crossbow.
    **I may not then use Knowledge(engineering) to make large scale siege weapon versions of said weapon.
    ***I may not continue to abuse these skills such that my fighter is out-performing the sorcerer with his latest semi-mundane gadgets.
    ****I may no longer play Int-based Fighters.
    *****I may no longer play Fighters.
    ******Gunslingers are right out.
    *******Your character is not Edgar Figaro.
    ********Wouldn't you rather roll up a cleric?

27. - Top - End - #627
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

wouldn't a rogue or bard do that easier?
    Most people see a half orc and and think barbarian warrior. Me on the other hand? I think secondary trap handler and magic item tester. Also I'm not allowed to trick the next level one wizard into starting a fist fight with a house cat no matter how annoying he is.
    Yes I know it's sarcasm. It's a joke. Pale green is for snarking
    Thread wins: 2

28. - Top - End - #628
    Firbolg in the Playground

Isn't 'int-based fighter' a method of suicide to begin with?

* My multiple-personality wizard is not allowed to be the campaign villain (even when they are).
    * Clerics that I play are not allowed to claim that they are more dangerous than their deity (even and especially when they are).
    * If I somehow find myself in the position of being the party's ethical compass, I cannot roleplay a slow descent into PTSD and madness (this goes double if I am also the IC leader of the party).
    * My position as the party face is not an excuse to persuade succubi to sleep with characters I don't like.
    - Especially not if the whole idea is to tell him/her/it, "Take just a little, I want him to remember not to mess with my stuff."
    * "Don't break the loot!" is not acceptable as an in-character statement (even when it is).

Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Wow! Not only was that awesome, I think I actually kinda understand Archeron now. If all the "intermediate" outer planes got that kind of treatment, I doubt there would be anywhere near as many critics of their utility.
    My extended homebrew sig

29. - Top - End - #629

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf DW View Post
    *******Your character is not Edgar Figaro.
    ******** On that note, when playing in Eberron, I am not allowed to make a monk capable of suplexing a Lightning Rail.

30. - Top - End - #630
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kira_the_5th View Post
    ******** On that note, when playing in Eberron, I am not allowed to make a monk capable of suplexing a Lightning Rail.
    ********* or a Ghost Locomotive.

********** Epecially a Ghost Locomotive.

*********** All playing of Fantasy Six before a session is banned.
    Most people see a half orc and and think barbarian warrior. Me on the other hand? I think secondary trap handler and magic item tester. Also I'm not allowed to trick the next level one wizard into starting a fist fight with a house cat no matter how annoying he is.
    Yes I know it's sarcasm. It's a joke. Pale green is for snarking
    Thread wins: 2