New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 22 of 51 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313247 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #631
    Banned

Goblin

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing III: I May Not Iron Heart Surge Rule Zero

Quote Originally Posted by ryu View Post
    wouldn't a rogue or bard do that easier?
    Isn't 'int-based fighter' a method of suicide to begin with?
    That's the entire beauty of it.

* Having 6 Charisma doesn't give me an excuse to hit on female monsters
    ** Even if I cut my own eyes out, I cannot make a Gorgon fall in love with me.
    *** It's not railroading when GM is just trying to save himself from mental images to disgusting for him to handle.

2. - Top - End - #632
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing III: I May Not Iron Heart Surge Rule Zero

* nor is he allowed to suplex a collosal dragon
    * or a mountain
    * no matter how hard I try, my monk cannot suplex the planet we are on.
    * the DM will not let me use a homebrew feat that discounts max size for grappling/tripping any more.

3. - Top - End - #633
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

*Suplexing the DM while hilarious is right out.
    Most people see a half orc and and think barbarian warrior. Me on the other hand? I think secondary trap handler and magic item tester. Also I'm not allowed to trick the next level one wizard into starting a fist fight with a house cat no matter how annoying he is.
    Yes I know it's sarcasm. It's a joke. Pale green is for snarking
    Thread wins: 2

4. - Top - End - #634
    Titan in the Playground

In an Evil campaign, if I attempt to Ressurrect my (good) opponent's White Dragonhide armor, expecting an ally, I should first consider the fact that said opponent once had an albino Gold Dragon for a friend, who is now deceased.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

5. - Top - End - #635
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Gareth View Post
    Isn't 'int-based fighter' a method of suicide to begin with?
    I wanted the skill points and the full BAB. Also, I was kind of drunk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Fortunately, a Monk 1/Warblade 19 uses Iron Heart Surge to end the Monk character class, and the day is saved.

6. - Top - End - #636
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    In an Evil campaign, if I attempt to Ressurrect my (good) opponent's White Dragonhide armor, expecting an ally, I should first consider the fact that said opponent once had an albino Gold Dragon for a friend, who is now deceased.
    HA! that's a nice way around the "resercect the armour they're wearing" trick.
    Can't write. Can't plan. Can draw a little.
    Quote Originally Posted by Craft (Cheese) View Post
    "In his free time, he gates in Balors just so he can kill and eat them later!"

7. - Top - End - #637
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

I should also remember most Evil Dragons of all sorts are kind of jerks.
    Last edited by MReav; 2012-06-06 at 11:02 AM.

8. - Top - End - #638
    Troll in the Playground

i gotta remember this trick...
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

9. - Top - End - #639
    Firbolg in the Playground

*Researching and casting an epic spell that annihilates a city at the cost of killing my entire party in their sleep is no longer appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Wow! Not only was that awesome, I think I actually kinda understand Archeron now. If all the "intermediate" outer planes got that kind of treatment, I doubt there would be anywhere near as many critics of their utility.
    My extended homebrew sig

10. - Top - End - #640
    Titan in the Playground

*Using a friend's dirty trick to casting 9th level spells at ecl 7 is banned outright. Especially if it's done in WBL. Even more so if said friend is the dm.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

11. - Top - End - #641

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by planswalker View Post
    *Using a friend's dirty trick to casting 9th level spells at ecl 7 is banned outright. Especially if it's done in WBL. Even more so if said friend is the dm.
    **Improving the trick to work at ecl 1 should be subject to even less approval.

12. - Top - End - #642
    Barbarian in the Playground

* I will never again give the party paladin a sword which contains "the power of the angels" only to play "Fly Away Now" whenever he uses it.
    ** On that note, "Repent, Mother****er" is not an appropriate battle-cry, even for an Inquisitor.
    Last edited by Kira_the_5th; 2012-06-06 at 09:21 PM.

13. - Top - End - #643

*When trapped in a prison cell made entirely of diamond, I am no longer allowed to murder the fighter and then use the wall as the component for his resurrection.
    Last edited by Lord_Gareth; 2012-06-06 at 09:27 PM.

Wow! Not only was that awesome, I think I actually kinda understand Archeron now. If all the "intermediate" outer planes got that kind of treatment, I doubt there would be anywhere near as many critics of their utility.
    My extended homebrew sig

14. - Top - End - #644
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kira_the_5th View Post
    * I will never again give the party paladin a sword which contains "the power of the angels" only to play "Fly Away Now" whenever he uses it.
    ** On that note, "Repent, Mother****er" is not an appropriate battle-cry, even for an Inquisitor.
    That game was awesome.

On that note:

*I may not use balors as grenades, no matter what my strength score is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Fortunately, a Monk 1/Warblade 19 uses Iron Heart Surge to end the Monk character class, and the day is saved.

15. - Top - End - #645
    Titan in the Playground

**neither may balors be used as improvised melee weapons. No matter the strength score of the party warforged. not even the party half-celestial troll.
    *also, trolls may not have half-fiend or half-celestial heritage. Half-dragon is also out.
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).

16. - Top - End - #646
    Titan in the Playground

*I may not have Craft (Insult).
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

17. - Top - End - #647
    Ettin in the Playground

*Despite your bonus to diplomacy, if you insult the king, he will have you thrown out into the street.
    **Don't try it. That old guy next to the King is the pre-eminent wizard in the kingdom.
    ***Don't even think it.
    ****Fine! Go ahead, and when you've been turned to ashes, don't blame me!
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

18. - Top - End - #648
    Banned

Goblin

* Just because Chose One of Godess of Death is four years old child it doesn't mean I can give her spanking for talking back to me.
    ** Even if I'm evil.

19. - Top - End - #649
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Man on Fire View Post
    * Just because Chose One of Godess of Death is four years old child it doesn't mean I can give her spanking for talking back to me.
    ** Even if I'm evil.
    I'm not sure what you're saying. Clarify?
    *When trapped in a prison cell made entirely of diamond, I am no longer allowed to murder the fighter and then use the wall as the component for his resurrection.
    Why not? That's brilliant!
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

20. - Top - End - #650
    Banned

Goblin

I'm not sure what to clarify, which part you don't get?

21. - Top - End - #651
    Barbarian in the Playground

-getting the Hand and Eye of Vecna does not make me eligile to complete the set.

-I will not become Vecna if I collect them all.

-volunteering Vecna as an organ donor is right out.

-not allowed to play Mr. Potatoe Head with Vecna especially if I can.

Before I volunteer to be an organ donor I will check if they need a free musical instrument or vital organs.

22. - Top - End - #652

Why not? That's brilliant!
    To be fair, I was a priest of Lastai (goddess of pleasure and joy, BoED) and I kinda strangled him to death without warning in order to enact said plan. There were...words...exchanged with my deity over that one.

My extended homebrew sig

23. - Top - End - #653
    Titan in the Playground

To be fair, I was a priest of Lastai (goddess of pleasure and joy, BoED) and I kinda strangled him to death without warning in order to enact said plan. There were...words...exchanged with my deity over that one.
    that's because you forgot to give him a *proper* way to die...

24. - Top - End - #654

WolfInSheepsClothing

* I may no longer write backstories which I can not proof-read due to nausea.
    Last edited by NM020110; 2012-06-08 at 12:40 AM.

25. - Top - End - #655
    Titan in the Playground

*No matter how intelligent I or my characters are, I may not find ways to perform a feat without actually using the required feat.

*Iron Heart Surging pregnancy may not be evil, but it is heavily frowned upon.
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2012-06-08 at 02:22 AM.
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

26. - Top - End - #656
    Orc in the Playground

*If my bard is lieing to the party about his name and class, I eventually need to stop and tell them.
    **If my bard has gone through more than one identity and at least three levels without the party noticing, they need to be informed.
    ***If my bard has had more than five identities and more than 8 levels with the party, I need to tell them right away
    ****If my bard has had more than a dozen personas and reaches epic level with the party, they deserve whatever they get.
    Last edited by newBlazingAngel; 2012-06-09 at 03:28 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

No I did not make my own banner, it was created by a very talented person who I've lost contact with.

I just started playing D&D, and love the game

Spoiler
    Show
    First level paladin.
    STR:14
    DEX: 8
    CON: 10
    INT:13
    WIS: 12
    CHA: 16

27. - Top - End - #657
    Ogre in the Playground

Rightfully so if you didn't ask permission. Seeing your cleric's goddess, he/she should really know all about safe, sane, and consensual.

Can't write. Can't plan. Can draw a little.
    Quote Originally Posted by Craft (Cheese) View Post
    "In his free time, he gates in Balors just so he can kill and eat them later!"

28. - Top - End - #658
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Rightfully so if you didn't ask permission. Seeing your cleric's goddess, he/she should really know all about safe, sane, and consensual.

... that's what she said...

29. - Top - End - #659
    Troll in the Playground

*"COMMON, MOTHERFORNICATOR! YOU SPEAK IT?!" is not an appropiate way to discern wether the other discussionparty speaks common
    **no, neither it is for othe rlanguages
    ***maybe for abyssal, BUT WHY IN THE NAME OF ALL THAT'S HOLY SHOULD AN ANGEL SPEAK ABYSSAL!
    ****no more partyface for me, no, not even then
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

30. - Top - End - #660
    Orc in the Playground

*I am not to burst out laughing after a 15 minute description of the BBEG

*If I am the onlly one familiar with the monster manual, I need to explain to the other players that zombie bites will not infect people

*I may not duplicate anything I saw in dorkness rising.
    Spoiler
    Show

No I did not make my own banner, it was created by a very talented person who I've lost contact with.

I just started playing D&D, and love the game

Spoiler
    Show
    First level paladin.
    STR:14
    DEX: 8
    CON: 10
    INT:13
    WIS: 12
    CHA: 16