New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 51 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323348 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #661
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing III: I May Not Iron Heart Surge Rule Zero

Quote Originally Posted by Man on Fire View Post
    * There are more ways to Intimidate somebody than just telling him I will take something, shine it really nice, turn it sideways and stick upon his candy a*s.
    * My bard cannot spontaneously starts singing "The Game" whenever Barbarian walks into the room.
    ** Or "King of Kings"
    *** Same goes for Dragon Disciple and "Slow Chemical"
    **** And Dread Necromancer and Graveyard Symphony
    ***** And even if that could be climatic, "Rolling" is just silly.
    ****** All of it goes double if they're sneaking into that room.
    * Cannot break through the wall just to give somebody a wiener.
    * Character who is Staight Edge is okay. Character who thinks it makes him better than everybody else is acceptable. Character who won't shut the f*** up about it is vetoed.
    * When we come to save sacrifical virgin from evil cultists, I cannot kill her for them and attack other players because I decided to turn Heel.
    ** After killing all my friends I cannot then stab cult's leader in the back and murder remaining cultists because I realized being a Face is better for my carrer.
    * Cannot ask question just to yell the answer doesn't matter.
    * Cannot base character on Santino Marella.
    * There must be 48 hours time gap between the game and the last time I watched wrestling.
    *Not allowed to respond to every line spoken by an NPC by simply saying "What?" over and over.
    *Not allowed to give beer to NPCs and then randomly attack them while drinking.
    *Pinning an enemy for one round (or even three) does not mean I win the fight.
    *Not allowed to put on a sock puppet before grappling opponents.
    *Not allowed to base a character off of Mankind.
    **Or Dude Love.
    ***Or Cactus Jack.

2. - Top - End - #662
    Banned

Goblin

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing III: I May Not Iron Heart Surge Rule Zero

Quote Originally Posted by Velaryon View Post
    *Not allowed to respond to every line spoken by an NPC by simply saying "What?" over and over.
    *Not allowed to give beer to NPCs and then randomly attack them while drinking.
    *Pinning an enemy for one round (or even three) does not mean I win the fight.
    *Not allowed to put on a sock puppet before grappling opponents.
    *Not allowed to base a character off of Mankind.
    **Or Dude Love.
    ***Or Cactus Jack.
    I need to try that last one.

3. - Top - End - #663
    Firbolg in the Playground

* "We eat well tonight!" is not an appropriate battle cry for a paladin (even if he technically worships the god of laughter).

Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Wow! Not only was that awesome, I think I actually kinda understand Archeron now. If all the "intermediate" outer planes got that kind of treatment, I doubt there would be anywhere near as many critics of their utility.
    My extended homebrew sig

4. - Top - End - #664
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Velaryon View Post
    ** If an NPC does the above to me, I may not respond by threatening them with bodily harm.
    *** I may ask "Do they speak English/Common/Basic in What?" exactly once per campaign.
    Revan avatar by kaptainkrutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrylius View Post
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

5. - Top - End - #665
    Bugbear in the Playground

*My battle cry is not allowed to be "This Is LASTWALL"
    **Nor am I allowed to fix this by replacing lastwall with another country's name.
    *Nor is my battle stratagy allowed to be kicking people into giant pits.
    **I may not find a way to do so with a penguin animal companion.
    **Breakdancing is likewise an invalid way of defeating enemies.
    *I am not allowed to use 300 or Meet the Spartans in any form for my character model.
    **Doubly so when creating monsters while DMing.
    I have returned, and plan on focusing on world-building. Issues are being dealt with.

Quote Originally Posted by MesiDoomstalker View Post
    Thread won! I don't think I have the authority to do that but whatever

6. - Top - End - #666
    Titan in the Playground

Omeganaut: Well, you MIGHT get a chance to do 1 and 3 in our current campaign without breaking character...if you weren't playing a sorcerer. Not sure you have the CMB to bull rush anyone into a pit consistently.

7. - Top - End - #667

I don't know. He has cast a fire spell at an undead who attacked with fire, so that very well might be next.
    I have returned, and plan on focusing on world-building. Issues are being dealt with.

Quote Originally Posted by MesiDoomstalker View Post
    Thread won! I don't think I have the authority to do that but whatever

8. - Top - End - #668
    Orc in the Playground

*My character may not discover the existence of skill points

**Or the DM.

***My character may not have a vision telling him the exact core rules of 3.5, and that everything he knows is a lie

****If this does happen, I'm still not allowed to metagame.

*Nonlethal damage is to take enemies that we need alive captive, not so that I may walk out of a dungeon with two dozen prisoners in tow, with plans to sell them into slavery

*Any video game made by Rockstar may not be a campaign model.
    Spoiler
    Show

No I did not make my own banner, it was created by a very talented person who I've lost contact with.

I just started playing D&D, and love the game

Spoiler
    Show
    First level paladin.
    STR:14
    DEX: 8
    CON: 10
    INT:13
    WIS: 12
    CHA: 16

9. - Top - End - #669
    Titan in the Playground

*No matter how the rules allow it, I may not use the WBL off of chaining the leadership and landlord feat to purchase a city. Building by building.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

10. - Top - End - #670
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

* Going to the mayor or king with one lump sum is right out.
    Most people see a half orc and and think barbarian warrior. Me on the other hand? I think secondary trap handler and magic item tester. Also I'm not allowed to trick the next level one wizard into starting a fist fight with a house cat no matter how annoying he is.
    Yes I know it's sarcasm. It's a joke. Pale green is for snarking
    Thread wins: 2

11. - Top - End - #671
    Orc in the Playground

*If my wish is that my wish would not be granted, I have to walk on everybodies d4's
    Last edited by newBlazingAngel; 2012-06-12 at 12:24 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

No I did not make my own banner, it was created by a very talented person who I've lost contact with.

Spoiler
    Show
    First level paladin.

12. - Top - End - #672

Quote Originally Posted by newBlazingAngel View Post
    *If my wish is that my wish would not be granted, I have to walk on everybodies d4's
    ** I am not to be surprised when nothing happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

13. - Top - End - #673
    Titan in the Playground

***I am also not to be surprised when that wish is not granted. A different wish that kills my character horribly is.
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).

14. - Top - End - #674
    Orc in the Playground

*If I am the dungeon master, I am not allowed to throw d4's at my players to represent dart traps.

**I may not weigh down d6's and 8's to represent heavier damage.

***My dice may not be heavier than half a pound

****Heating up titanium dice to represent fire damage is just taking it too far.

*****It is not roleplaying to make the cleric really 'feel' magic missle that just hit him.

******Baseballs are not magic missles.

*******Nor are apples

********Footballs, softballs, rocks and anything of the sort is right out.

*********Somebody else is DMing from now on.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    First level paladin.

15. - Top - End - #675
    Ogre in the Playground

- If I am asked to provide a skirt-length backstory, I am not allowed to argue over the hypothetical lengths of skirt to avoid the work.
    - I am NOT allowed to wear a miniskirt to the game to prove my point.
    Homebrew!
    5e: Expanded Inspiration Uses

Spoiler: 3.5/P Stuff. Warning: OLD
    Show

16. - Top - End - #676
    Orc in the Playground

***I may not use said skirt to get the DM to fudge a few rolls in my favor.

****The DM is a straight male and so am I. It's just weird.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    First level paladin.

17. - Top - End - #677
    Ogre in the Playground

***** If I do have the appropriate equipment, that makes it even more uncomfortable. Don't do it.

****** Eschewing pants altogether to take advantage of this is right out.

******* Using either of these tactics while you're the DM to encourage the players to stay on the rails makes you a horrible person.
    Last edited by Craft (Cheese); 2012-06-13 at 02:30 AM.

18. - Top - End - #678
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Craft (Cheese) View Post
    ******* Using either of these tactics while you're the DM to encourage the players to stay on the rails makes you a horrible person.
    ******* Especially if it works.

19. - Top - End - #679

But blackmail is a long-standing gamer tradition. To the man with the least shame fall the spoils.

Please excuse me while I bleach my brain.
    Rockphed said it well.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

20. - Top - End - #680
    Troll in the Playground

***** If I do have the appropriate equipment, that makes it even more uncomfortable. Don't do it.

****** Eschewing pants altogether to take advantage of this is right out.

*Eschew clothing is NOT an apriopate feat, no not even when roleplaying a hooker
    **Craft(innuendo) is not a valid crafting skill, using it will result in double xp costs
    ***Boobs are a female only lvl 80 epic spell. for the love of all that is holy and sane, don't try to overuse it...
    ****Really? You just went ahead either way? have it your way, now anyone with noticable secondary sexual characteristics will have to wear a burka. happy now?
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

21. - Top - End - #681

*Shouting, "You activated my trap card!" is not appropriate (no, not even when I readied an action to draw a card from my deck of illusions or a deck of many things).

Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Wow! Not only was that awesome, I think I actually kinda understand Archeron now. If all the "intermediate" outer planes got that kind of treatment, I doubt there would be anywhere near as many critics of their utility.
    My extended homebrew sig

22. - Top - End - #682

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Gareth View Post
    *Shouting, "You activated my trap card!" is not appropriate (no, not even when I readied an action to draw a card from my deck of illusions or a deck of many things).
    ** I may not make a spectator sport whereby two duelists summon monsters from decks of illusions and have the illusions fight in the arena.
    *** If I do make this, I may not swap out my opponent's deck with a deck of many things when he isn't looking.
    Last edited by Ksheep; 2012-06-13 at 10:08 AM.
    Proud owner of: 0.36 0.43 0.99 2.00 Internet(s), 2 Win(s), and 3000 Brownie Point(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Welknair View Post
    *Proceeds to google "Bride of the Portable Hole", jokingly wondering if it might exist*

*It does.*

What.

23. - Top - End - #683
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Gareth View Post
    ** If, as a DM, you point out that you have priority, your players reserve the right to set you on fire.
    *** If, as a player, you respond that priority rules were removed, your DM reserves the right to feed you to rats.

24. - Top - End - #684
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Socratov View Post
    ***Boobs are a female only lvl 80 epic spell. for the love of all that is holy and sane, don't try to overuse it...
    ****I may not have an enchanted item to get around this rule.

*****A breastplate of boobs is just sad.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    First level paladin.

25. - Top - End - #685

GnomeWizardGuy

*****A breastplate of boobs is just sad.
    ****** Pants of Thunderbuns is right out.
    Spoiler: Those That Came Before
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

26. - Top - End - #686
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hipho View Post
    ****** Pants of Thunderbuns is right out.
    ******* Any sort of armor/clothing/magic items to compensate for deficiencies in your anatomy are just plain too pathetic to live.

27. - Top - End - #687
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by planswalker View Post
    ******* Any sort of armor/clothing/magic items to compensate for deficiencies in your anatomy are just plain too pathetic to live.
    ******** Telling this to the Artificer with a magical clockwork replacement arm is likely to get you strangled to death.

28. - Top - End - #688
    Orc in the Playground

*********For the last time, we're playing spycraft.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    First level paladin.

29. - Top - End - #689
    Ogre in the Playground

*.....you put a WHAT in your WHA- screw it. No more cyborgs or magic items for you.

*There is no such spell as Xeuclid's cold shower.
    Can't write. Can't plan. Can draw a little.
    "In his free time, he gates in Balors just so he can kill and eat them later!"

30. - Top - End - #690

Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    *.....you put a WHAT in your WHA- screw it. No more cyborgs or magic items for you.

*There is no such spell as Xeuclid's cold shower.
    ** There is also no "Archimedian tub of nudity".
    * "Socratic Method" is not an exalted charm.
    ** Neither is a "Swiss Patent Office" a valid manse description.
    * "Apples as Inspiration" does not allow random fruit to be used to boost intelligence.

* A spell called "Tesla's Revenge" should use lightning or electricity in some fashion.
    ** "Edison's Inception" might be more versatile.
    *** "Carver's Creation" will not summon a peanut butter golem.
    *** "Mario's Mayhem" might involve pipes or monkeys, but it won't involve a pizza golem.
    Rockphed said it well.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.