New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 41 of 51 FirstFirst ... 163132333435363738394041424344454647484950 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1502
  1. - Top - End - #1201
    Barbarian in the Playground

Planetar

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing III: I May Not Iron Heart Surge Rule Zero

Quote Originally Posted by Arutema View Post
    * No party member is allowed to scout ahead alone after the incident with the Red mantis.

* May not seduce anyone named "Eats What He Kills".

* No party member is allowed to scout ahead alone after the second incident with the Red Mantis.
    * The Red Mantis do not have plot-important-NPC bane weapons.

* May not split the party in any way following the third incident with the Red Mantis.

2. - Top - End - #1202
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing III: I May Not Iron Heart Surge Rule Zero

Quote Originally Posted by Ksheep View Post
    * I may not throw a Roc at the party, only for it to grab one of the party members and fly away.
    ** I may not then throw a White Dragon with Snatch at the party, just to have it grab the same party member and fly away.
    *** May not use any monsters with the Snatch feat
    **** May NOT throw Tucker's Kobolds at the party either.
    ***** That's it, no more hit and run tactics from monsters EVER
    ****** No having a phase spider which levels with the party randomly show up through out the campaign, maul the party, and then planeshift away before the party can kill it.
    ******* No using the threat of phase spiders to curb a party's metagaming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Jake View Post
    Kill a PC's father? Well that's just the cost of doing business.
    Steal a PC's boots? Now it's personal.
    Please take everything I say with a grain of salt. Unless we're arguing about alignment. In which case, you're wrong.

Former EMPIRE2! Player: Imperator of the Nihoni Dominion
    Former EMPIRE3! Player: Suzerain of the Phśnīx Estates
    Former EMPIRE4! Player: Margrave of the Margraviate of Rhune
    My Awesome Campaign Setting

3. - Top - End - #1203
    Bugbear in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by BootStrapTommy View Post
    ****** No having a phase spider which levels with the party randomly show up through out the campaign, maul the party, and then planeshift away before the party can kill it.
    ******* No using the threat of phase spiders to curb a party's metagaming.
    ******** Not allowed to make a Phase template to make combat more… interesting
    9x* NO, YOU CANNOT MAKE A PHASE-TARRASQUE!!!
    Proud owner of: 0.36 0.43 0.99 2.00 Internet(s), 2 Win(s), and 3000 Brownie Point(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Welknair View Post
    *Proceeds to google "Bride of the Portable Hole", jokingly wondering if it might exist*

*It does.*

What.

4. - Top - End - #1204

WolfInSheepsClothing

*May no longer specialize in one thing to the exclusion of others.
    **Especially if that one thing is magic.
    ***If the above rules are disregarded, I may not use any variant of an anti-mundane field.
    ****If the above is disregarded, I may not summon magic immune constructs to do my fighting.

*Any form of stealth attacker is not to be used on other players.
    **If said stealth attacker uses suicide attacks, then it is to be considered banned.
    ***Shape-shifting suicide attackers are right out.
    ****May no longer apply the stealth prefix to a construct whose only attack results in the elimination of city blocks.
    *****May no longer hold the ability to make combat constructs remotely.
    ******May no longer hold the ability to make combat constructs.

*Even if it fits perfectly within my philosophy of combat, I may not alpha strike in pvp.
    **I may also not use attacks which will kill without a chance of retaliation, but which are not alpha strikes, in pvp.
    ***May no longer attack other players remotely.
    ****May no longer attack other players from stealth.
    *****I must give at least three round's notice before attacking.
    ******The notice must be clear.
    *******I may no longer attack other players outside of self-defense.
    ********No more self defense for me.

*May no longer leave misleading hints regarding future strategies in this thread to trap metagamers...

5. - Top - End - #1205
    Ogre in the Playground

* Not allowed to make the BBEG of my campaign a Hecatoncheires with 13 levels of Duskblade and a single level in lion totem barbarian.

** Not allowed to have the BBEG wizard cross breed a bodak and a 12 headed hydra and sic it on the party.

*** Cockatrice is right out.

**** Put the Hyd-usa down and step away from the books.

* My Druid/Stormlord/Stormcaster is not Zeus.

** Nor does he have a son named Apollo.

*** When face to face with Zeus, said character is not allowed to threaten to shove a lightning bolt up Zeus's behind.

**** However, after Zeus stops laughing, he WILL proceed to shove one up yours.
    Chrono Crusade avi by Ceika.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Steam Profile

6. - Top - End - #1206
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Antonok View Post
    **** Doubly so if Ricky turns out to be the captains pet Mongoose.

Kudos to who gets that reference.
    That would be Rikki-tikki-tavi, I believe. Kipling FTW.
    Last edited by Dimers; 2012-08-28 at 11:47 PM.

7. - Top - End - #1207
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dimers View Post
    ... How did I miss that? I feel fail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Water_Bear View Post
    That's RAW for you; 100% Rules-Legal, 110% silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by hamishspence View Post
    "Common sense" and "RAW" are not exactly on speaking terms
    Projects: Homebrew, Gentlemen's Agreement, DMPCs, Forbidden Knowledge safety, and Top Ten Worst. Also, Quotes and RACSD are good.

Anyone knows blue is for sarcas'ing in · "Take 10 SAN damage from Dark Orchid" · Use of gray may indicate nitpicking · Green is sincerity

8. - Top - End - #1208
    Titan in the Playground

I love that!
    "I Burn!"

9. - Top - End - #1209

*I may not have a method of destroying dieties with more divine ranks than I have levels.
    **This method must not be reliable

*I am no longer capable of having a one turn attack routine that takes longer to write out than another player's character sheet.
    **especially as a fighter 1
    ***Hell, even as a wizard 20 it's frowned upon.

10. - Top - End - #1210

*My fighter 1 may not do more bonus damage automatically on a hit than the maxed total of the dice.

**If any hit by my fighter 5 automatically forces a massive damage roll I am to make a bard.

***Said bard is required to put strength as their dump stat.

Quote Originally Posted by tuggyne View Post
    ... How did I miss that? I feel fail.
    I too am surprised I missed that.
    Many thanks to Ceika for my Avatar

11. - Top - End - #1211
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

*Just because as a Goliath your Great Crossbow does 3d8 damage and almost weighs as much as the elf does not make it "effectively a Ballista".
    **Just because you crit with it doesn't mean that that gnome "circumnavigated the globe".
    ***Just because the Wizard cast Persistent Greater Enlarge Person on you, doesn't means a Ballista is "effectively a Hand Crossbow".
    ****Or that that watchtower is "effectively a warmace".

*Just because your epic level Knight gets Loyal Beyond Death, doesn't mean your -364 HP walking corpse can continue on a mad quest to avenge the party.

You just blew my mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Jake View Post
    Kill a PC's father? Well that's just the cost of doing business.
    Steal a PC's boots? Now it's personal.
    Please take everything I say with a grain of salt. Unless we're arguing about alignment. In which case, you're wrong.

Former EMPIRE2! Player: Imperator of the Nihoni Dominion
    Former EMPIRE3! Player: Suzerain of the Phśnīx Estates
    Former EMPIRE4! Player: Margrave of the Margraviate of Rhune
    My Awesome Campaign Setting

12. - Top - End - #1212
    Ogre in the Playground

Well I'm just glad SOMEBODY got it.

Bad enough I already feel like the only person in the world thats seen that... (none of my rl friends ever saw it).

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?

Steam Profile

13. - Top - End - #1213
    Ogre in the Playground

Grr stupid internal errors...
    Last edited by Antonok; 2012-08-29 at 09:49 PM.

Steam Profile

14. - Top - End - #1214
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Riverdance View Post
    *My fighter 1 may not do more bonus damage automatically on a hit than the maxed total of the dice.

**If any hit by my fighter 5 automatically forces a massive damage roll I am to make a bard.

***Said bard is required to put strength as their dump stat.
    ****The bard may not go for the Dragonfire Inspiration variant and end up with more bonus damage than the fighter.

15. - Top - End - #1215

BardGuy

* When interrogating an NPC for information, I may not convince the party to dress up as the Ghosts of Christmas Past, Present, and Future.
    ** I may not dress up as the Ghost of Christmas Future.
    *** If above rule is broken, I may not point and glare at said NPC.
    **** If above rules are broken, a nat 20 Intimidation roll will not give said NPC a heart attack.
    ***** I may not point and glare at a crowd of random NPCs.
    ****** I may not point and glare at anyone. Period.

16. - Top - End - #1216
    Firbolg in the Playground

* Double finger points are reserved for FBI agents.
    ** No, you may not play as FBI agents.
    *** Less known federal agencies are out of the question.
    **** Made up federal agencies will be vetoed.
    ***** If you really want to play as federal agents, I know a guy who can hook us up with "Bureaucracy: the Game"
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

17. - Top - End - #1217
    Pixie in the Playground

HalflingPirate

*If I'm playing a cleric and the party rogue needs healing in the middle of combat the proper response is not to throw him in my bag of holding so I can deal with him later.
    **Nor is it to throw him into my portable hole.
    ***If I throw him into my bag of holding while conveniently forgetting he is carrying his portable hole I am not to be surprised when we both get sucked into the Astral Plane and are surrounded by angry natives.
    ****If I throw him into my portable hole while he is carrying his bag of holding I am not to be surprised when he comes back as a major deity leading an army of millions of said natives bent on my destruction.
    *You know what, how about you just heal yourself.

18. - Top - End - #1218
    Ogre in the Playground

* If it annoys me that one of my PCs keeps referring to his manhood as his "Bag of Holding" I am to respond in a mature and polite manner.
    ** Even when he hits on female NPCs by asking if he can get inside her "Portable Hole."
    *** Allowing him to have sex with one of these NPCs and then castrating him with a resulting rift into the astral plane is neither mature nor polite.

19. - Top - End - #1219
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Craft (Cheese) View Post
    * If it annoys me that one of my PCs keeps referring to his manhood as his "Bag of Holding" I am to respond in a mature and polite manner.
    ** Even when he hits on female NPCs by asking if he can get inside her "Portable Hole."
    *** Allowing him to have sex with one of these NPCs and then castrating him with a resulting rift into the astral plane is neither mature nor polite.
    *Having a stilled, Silenced Programmed Amnesia put on him by said NPC to write his whole life story in his mind to be nothing more then to serve her ever again, is also not mature and polite, but more creative then killing him, and fun.
    "I Burn!"

20. - Top - End - #1220
    Ogre in the Playground

I may no longer use more than high school level chemistry while making decisions on how things interact with the world.

I may also not use physics higher than you would find in a fifth grade science text while making such decisions.

21. - Top - End - #1221

OldWizardGuy

Any time I wish to incorporate real world science into fantasy planning, I must be able to demonstrate the science in front of the group.
    If this takes longer than six seconds, it is over a full round action, and provokes attacks of opportunity.

22. - Top - End - #1222
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Acanous View Post
    If this takes longer than six seconds, it is over a full round action, and provokes attacks of opportunity.
    Are the attacks in-game or IRL?
    Avatar by Meltheim: Eveve, dwarven battlemind, 4e Dark Sun

Current games list

23. - Top - End - #1223
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Yes. I would think that's the simplest accurate answer to that question.
    Most people see a half orc and and think barbarian warrior. Me on the other hand? I think secondary trap handler and magic item tester. Also I'm not allowed to trick the next level one wizard into starting a fist fight with a house cat no matter how annoying he is.
    Yes I know it's sarcasm. It's a joke. Pale green is for snarking
    Thread wins: 2

24. - Top - End - #1224

Any time I wish to incorporate real world science into fantasy planning, I must be able to demonstrate the science in front of the group.
    So you need to generate gunpowder in less than 6 seconds in order to produce it in game?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

25. - Top - End - #1225

*Not allowed to mercy kill other PCs and turn the corpse into a walking stick, even if the player is okay with it.

Yes, that actually came up once.
    Homebrew:
    Spoiler
    Show

Misc:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by A Friend Of Mine
    Bloody Mess: The gift that keeps on gibbing.
    Fatigue makes me wax philosophic and/or babble. If I've posted something strange and tangential, that is probably the cause. This entry would be an example.

26. - Top - End - #1226

Daemon

So, if I need to demonstrate that a lightning bolt does indeed turn water into Hydrogen and Oxygen, do I need to acquire a river and a lightning bolt in those 6 seconds? Or are the 6 seconds only after acquiring all materials my PC already has?

Or do you mean explaining the theory? In such a case, up to how technical can I get?
    Quote Originally Posted by SSGoW View Post
    95% of martial problems can be solved by Tome of Battle...

27. - Top - End - #1227

I believe he's not requiring all scientific theories from being expressed inside of six seconds, so much as capping how much jargon and theoretical planning one can fit into a conversation with fellow team-mates while also avoiding getting Inez's face chewed off by assorted gribblies.
    "Not trusting me might be the smartest decision you made since getting off of your horse."

Avatar by Ifni, who is rightly awesome.

28. - Top - End - #1228

SwashbucklerGuy

* I may not give a flock of flamingos a yo-yo
    Proud owner of: 0.36 0.43 0.99 2.00 Internet(s), 2 Win(s), and 3000 Brownie Point(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Welknair View Post
    *Proceeds to google "Bride of the Portable Hole", jokingly wondering if it might exist*

*It does.*

What.

29. - Top - End - #1229

*I may no longer collapse an entire mountain on a dragon's head with a couple hundred gallons of oil and a 7th-level wizard.
    **I am definitely not allowed to quote Heath Ledger's Joker afterwards.

*My solution to destroying an entire enemy fleet should not be intricately designing the magi-punk equivalent of Dreadnought.
    *My solution to killing the king should not be preempted by me designing the world's first IED.

*I am no longer allowed to use anything in game that I have drawn schematics for.

*I am no longer allowed to utter the words "I have a cunning plan". Ever.
    On creating medieval thermobaric detonations:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravens_cry View Post
    *strokes chin*
    Hmmm, I like the way you think.
    On rewriting your own past into a stable time loop of invulnerability:
    Quote Originally Posted by rockdeworld View Post
    Kardar233's Illithid:
    *strokes chin*
    Hmmm, I like the way you think.
    Quote Originally Posted by rockdeworld View Post
    kardar233's Tyr: So ok, it seems to me that your character evades death o_O. Congratulations *fanfare*

30. - Top - End - #1230
    Banned

Goblin

* BBEG does not get villain song to explain his motives
    ** He doesn't summon a rock band from other time to perform it
    *** If that song is Sabaton's We Burn or Carolus Rex I'm buying everybody a beer.
    *** Megadeath's Prince Of Darkness isn't a good way to reveal the bad guy is really the Devil himself.

* Genies aren't fans of metaphors
    ** I'm about to stop calling Gm a killer for that time my bard asked for "heart of fire and nerves of steel".

High five if you get the refference in that last one.