New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 25404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,500 of 1502
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing III: I May Not Iron Heart Surge Rule Zero

Quote Originally Posted by Socratov View Post
    Things I May No Longer Do While Playing IV: No, I can't make a Healing potion IV
    ... What?
    Quote Originally Posted by Water_Bear View Post
    That's RAW for you; 100% Rules-Legal, 110% silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by hamishspence View Post
    "Common sense" and "RAW" are not exactly on speaking terms
    Projects: Homebrew, Gentlemen's Agreement, DMPCs, Forbidden Knowledge safety, and Top Ten Worst. Also, Quotes and RACSD are good.

Anyone knows blue is for sarcas'ing in · "Take 10 SAN damage from Dark Orchid" · Use of gray may indicate nitpicking · Green is sincerity

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing III: I May Not Iron Heart Surge Rule Zero

Quote Originally Posted by tuggyne View Post
    ... What?
    IV stands for IntraVenous Drip, I believe. you know, those bags of stuff you see patients wandering around hospitals with on steel poles that have needles going into their arms?

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by jaybird View Post
    IV stands for IntraVenous Drip, I believe. you know, those bags of stuff you see patients wandering around hospitals with on steel poles that have needles going into their arms?
    Ah, now I see. He and I both read IV as four both times. If it had been written I.V. it would've been clearer.

Punctuation is our friend.
    I am not seaweed. That's a B.

Praise I've received
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ThiagoMartell View Post
    Kelb, recently it looks like you're the Avatar of Reason in these forums, man.
    Quote Originally Posted by LTwerewolf View Post
    [...] bringing Kelb in on your side in a rules fight is like bringing Mike Tyson in on your side to fight a toddler. You can, but it's such massive overkill.
    A quick outline on building a homebrew campaign

4. - Top - End - #1474
    Firbolg in the Playground

Kobold

* Not allowed to use the transport helicopter as a weapon in an assassination mission.
    ** Especially if it means we have to ram it into the hotel penthouse.
    * Yes, the hotel is on an artificial island in the middle of the ocean and there probably is a military harbor nearby. No, it does not mean we can go there to hijack any ship.
    ** That goes double for nuclear submarines with ballistic missiles.
    *** Aircraft carriers are still ships and I may not circumvent this rule by hijacking anything on the carrier.
    * Kidnapping the obvious enemy agents that are pretending to be a couple and tying them up in their own room is fine. Killing them afterwards is unnecessary. ESPECIALLY after finishing the mission.
    ** No, I cannot dispose of their corpses by chopping them up and dissolving the chunks in a bath tub filled with acid.
    *** No, I cannot have acid anyway.
    **** If I have to kill the enemy agents, I will do it with a lethal injection or other subtle way, not by shooting them with their own pistols.
    ***** Throwing the bodies out the window afterwards will not help us make it look like a suicide, especially when they have bullet holes in their heads and no weapons nearby.
    * Taking control of the security station and reprogramming the sentry guns to kill our targets is a good idea. Shooting the VIP that has to survive just to wound him and divert suspicion from the faction he represents is questionable.
    * If I play poker with the president of the North American Republic, I will not convince him to sell me fighter airplanes cheaply. Especially if the mission involves killing him the next day.
    * No more heavy drinking during assassination missions.

* Not allowed to call our party the B Team.

God, we had the best black ops EVER.
    **** Photobucket ; RIP avatars

5. - Top - End - #1475

So, looking at the thread titles that have received two votes:

• Things I May No Longer Do While Playing IV: Discord is NOT the BBEG
    • Things I May No Longer Do While Playing IV: This Thread Powered by Decanters of Endless Water
    • Things I May No Longer Do While Playing JJJ: It Doesn't Work That Way

Shall we commence voting, now that we've hit 50?

My vote goes for "Discord is NOT the BBEG."
    Last edited by Balmas; 2012-10-08 at 04:47 PM.
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

6. - Top - End - #1476

Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post
    So, looking at the thread titles that have received two votes:

• Things I May No Longer Do While Playing IV: Discord is NOT the BBEG
    • Things I May No Longer Do While Playing IV: This Thread Powered by Decanters of Endless Water
    • Things I May No Longer Do While Playing JJJ: It Doesn't Work That Way

Shall we commence voting, now that we've hit 50?

My vote goes for "Discord is NOT the BBEG."
    Seconded!

7. - Top - End - #1477
    Pixie in the Playground

HalflingPirate

Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post
    Things I May No Longer Do While Playing IV: This Thread Powered by Decanters of Endless Water
    This one gets my vote.
    Also
    *May not dig a shaft from the top of a mountain almost to a planet's mantle, create a diving bell with Decanters of Endless Water on the bottom and launch into orbit on a steam powered cannon.
    **May not use it as a base while I work with the party wizard to teleport large sheets of steel into orbit in order to make an interstellar ship.
    ***May not name said ship the spellship Enterprise, use alter self to give my gnome large ears, and start quoting the rules of acquisition.
    ****If I do I will have a run in with the Ferengi Commerce Authority who will have all my possessions confiscated, without returning me to the primary world in our campaign first.
    Last edited by Flemkopf; 2012-10-08 at 05:18 PM.

8. - Top - End - #1478

My vote goes for the JJJ one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

9. - Top - End - #1479
    Troll in the Playground

Mine to the Decanters one.
    Steam account. Add me to argue about philosophy whatever!
    Advertized Homebrew: Fire Emblem 4's Holy Blood as Bloodlines
    Extended Signature.
    Using a different color of text for sarcasm is so original.

10. - Top - End - #1480

I also vote Things I May No Longer Do While Playing IV: This Thread Powered by Decanters of Endless Water.

*My tendency to snark requires that I find a signal for OOC.
    **Failure may result in...interesting circumstances.
    ***Supplanting the more diplomatic paladin as party face due to this may not be the wisest move.
    Games I'm in:

Spoiler
    Show
    Askaretha's Ascension as Vaishirth

11. - Top - End - #1481
    Titan in the Playground

Throw mine in for decanters too.

Praise I've received
    Spoiler
    Show
    [...] bringing Kelb in on your side in a rules fight is like bringing Mike Tyson in on your side to fight a toddler. You can, but it's such massive overkill.

12. - Top - End - #1482
    Ettin in the Playground

Vote for the JJJ one.

Also

*My intimidate bonus does not work on the DM
    **It most definitely will not get me extra exp
    A few odds and ends.

13. - Top - End - #1483
    Barbarian in the Playground

Another vote for Endless Decanter of Water.
    Thanks to Teutonic Knight for letting me adopt my Pikeman Avatar.
    A Tricking Website

14. - Top - End - #1484
    Titan in the Playground

A possible variant is "... Decanters of Endless Bad Ideas".
    Quote Originally Posted by Water_Bear View Post
    That's RAW for you; 100% Rules-Legal, 110% silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by hamishspence View Post
    "Common sense" and "RAW" are not exactly on speaking terms
    Projects: Homebrew, Gentlemen's Agreement, DMPCs, Forbidden Knowledge safety, and Top Ten Worst. Also, Quotes and RACSD are good.

Anyone knows blue is for sarcas'ing in · "Take 10 SAN damage from Dark Orchid" · Use of gray may indicate nitpicking · Green is sincerity

15. - Top - End - #1485
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tuggyne View Post
    A possible variant is "... Decanters of Endless Bad Ideas".
    Me likey. Variant submission:

Things I May No Longer Do While Playing IV: The Decanter of Endless Bad Ideas
    Revan avatar by kaptainkrutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrylius View Post
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

16. - Top - End - #1486
    Titan in the Playground

My vote also for Decanters.

*I may no longer homebrew while playing a session/campaign.
    **I may no longer propose said homebrew to be used by the BBEG against us
    ***I may no longer be suprised when the fight suddenly gets a lot harder as the BBEG shows up with a lackey possessing my homebrew in tow.
    ****I certainly may no longer counter this with more homebrew for the party
    Roll for it
    5e Houserules and Homebrew
    Old Extended Signature
    Awesome avatar by Ceika

17. - Top - End - #1487

And it's decanters by a landslide!

So, do we want Decanter of endless water, or decanter of endless bad ideas?

*My character may not lay plumbing throughout the entire kingdom and call it the internet.
    **Even if he is a plumber.
    ***Traveling through the pipes is out as well.
    ****Even if you're a plumber/druid, you can't have a dinosaur animal companion.
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

18. - Top - End - #1488
    Banned

Bad ideas. I want bad ideas.

19. - Top - End - #1489

SwashbucklerGuy

I agree, bad ideas.

* The Deck of Illusions is NOT a Yu-Gi-Oh deck
    ** No, the gnomes do NOT have a series of arenas to play Yu-Gi-Oh in
    *** No, you may NOT replace your opponent's deck with a Deck of Many Things and hope he doesn't notice.
    Proud owner of: 0.36 0.43 0.99 2.00 Internet(s), 2 Win(s), and 3000 Brownie Point(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Welknair View Post
    *Proceeds to google "Bride of the Portable Hole", jokingly wondering if it might exist*

*It does.*

What.

20. - Top - End - #1490
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ksheep View Post
    I agree, bad ideas.

* The Deck of Illusions is NOT a Yu-Gi-Oh deck
    ** No, the gnomes do NOT have a series of arenas to play Yu-Gi-Oh in
    *** No, you may NOT replace your opponent's deck with a Deck of Many Things and hope he doesn't notice.
    **** We cannot face off the fiendbinder and the illusionist to settle "Which is better pokemon or yu-gi-oh."

21. - Top - End - #1491
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morithias View Post
    **** We cannot face off the fiendbinder and the illusionist to settle "Which is better pokemon or yu-gi-oh."
    *****considering the question is rigged, as the correct answer is MTG
    ******No, just because we got better acquainted with them as kids, and they had TV shows does not make them better
    *******Pokemon even moreso, because the card game was nigh-unrelated to the TVshow
    My Homebrew: found here.
    When you Absolutely, Positively, Gotta Drop some Huge rocks, Accept NO Substitutes

PM Me if you would like a table from my homebrew reconstructed.

Drow avatar @ myself

22. - Top - End - #1492
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by toapat View Post
    *****considering the question is rigged, as the correct answer is MTG
    ******No, just because we got better acquainted with them as kids, and they had TV shows does not make them better
    *******Pokemon even moreso, because the card game was nigh-unrelated to the TVshow
    ******** I was more refering to the fact that the fiendbinder captures fiends and summons them to do battle for him rather than anything card related. On that note.
    * I am not allowed to say "I choose you" whenever I summon a fiend.
    ** I am not allowed to create tiny balls to hold fiends inside for portability.
    *** I am not allowed to learn a demonlord's truename and command him into one of those tiny balls.

23. - Top - End - #1493
    Titan in the Playground

******** I was more refering to the fact that the fiendbinder captures fiends and summons them to do battle for him rather than anything card related. On that note.
    * I am not allowed to say "I choose you" whenever I summon a fiend.
    ** I am not allowed to create tiny balls to hold fiends inside for portability.
    *** I am not allowed to learn a demonlord's truename and command him into one of those tiny balls.
    ****** I will not bind any of the demon princes or archdukes of hell, even if I do find their truenames, because that's kind of like putting a saddle on a tornado. It'll be a hell of a ride (forgive the pun) but it's just not going to end well.

Praise I've received
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #1494
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kelb_Panthera View Post
    ****** I will not bind any of the demon princes or archdukes of hell, even if I do find their truenames, because that's kind of like putting a saddle on a tornado. It'll be a hell of a ride (forgive the pun) but it's just not going to end well.
    ******* I am not allowed to bind Glasya and Fierna in order to have a private three person party. (I pray I do not get in trouble for writing this)

25. - Top - End - #1495
    Titan in the Playground

******* I am not allowed to bind Glasya and Fierna in order to have a private three person party. (I pray I do not get in trouble for writing this)
    You're probably in the clear. There's a clean way to look at that sentence after all. (Probably more not so clean ways to look at it though.)

Praise I've received
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #1496

You're probably in the clear. There's a clean way to look at that sentence after all. (Probably more not so clean ways to look at it though.)
    Kelb, that sentence contains both Glasya and Fierna. Even if he said, "in order to kill them and banish their souls forever," it'd manage to be unclean :p

Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Wow! Not only was that awesome, I think I actually kinda understand Archeron now. If all the "intermediate" outer planes got that kind of treatment, I doubt there would be anywhere near as many critics of their utility.
    My extended homebrew sig

27. - Top - End - #1497
    Ogre in the Playground

Completely flew over my head and I didn't notice it until Kelb and Gareth made me think about it

(last 3 comments of the thread... leave us with something funny...)
    Larloch, The Shadow King (w/ Ioun Stones) avatar by Iron Penguin

28. - Top - End - #1498
    Titan in the Playground

Don't worry, you're like the fourth person to suggest truename-binding Glasya and/or Fierna for "recreational purposes."

******** I may not bind Asmodeous using his truename for the purpose of borrowing the Ruby Rod and using it to "spice up" the above party in any fashion.
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

29. - Top - End - #1499
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sith_Happens View Post
    Don't worry, you're like the fourth person to suggest truename-binding Glasya and/or Fierna for "recreational purposes."

******** I may not bind Asmodeous using his truename for the purpose of borrowing the Ruby Rod and using it to "spice up" the above party in any fashion.
    That one may be crossing the line.

It triggered my squick detector and mine's not particularly sensitive.

Praise I've received
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #1500
    Titan in the Playground

That one may be crossing the line.

It triggered my squick detector and mine's not particularly sensitive.
    * Craft (Squick) is not a valid skill.
    * There is no such spell as Detect Squick.

(P.S.– first post after this one is page 51.)