New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing III: I May Not Iron Heart Surge Rule Zero

* I may not Iron Heart Surge rule Zero
    * I definitely can't Iron Heart Surge Rule 34 either.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing III: I May Not Iron Heart Surge Rule Zero

*my charecter may not show up just to kick a** and chew bubble gum.
    *especialy if he is out of gum

* while yes, helping the umemployed find jobs is a good act, this does not justify shooting beggars in the knee to help them become guards.
    Warning!! This poster makes frequent use of Sarcasm, Jokes, and Exaggeration. He intends no offense.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    *Even if my club does charisma damage, not to call it the ugly stick.
    *Ommipotent pork swords only exist in my mind and the dungeons of dreadmor.
    *Wands are magical implements of great power, not dildos.
    *Even if that's all a wand of jump is useful for.
    *Not to use enlarge person to bellyflop on people.
    *Same with iron body, wildshape, and form-of-the-X.
    *The lost armlet of whatshisface was not behind the sofa the whole time.
    *Not to drag a cannon around to snipe dragons with.
    * Feather fall as a spell-like ability is not an excuse to launch the party out of catapults instead of walking.
    *If a siege weapon cannot fit into the door of a dungeon, I cannot have it.
    *If I use it to blow a hole large enough for it to fit, I still can't keep it.
    * It is incredibly crass to use reduce object on a pair of cannons so I can wield them like handguns.
    * Cannot use a bag of holding to survive being launched out of a siege weapon.
    *Cannot use ant haul, bull's strength, enlarge animal, and a team of donkeys to haul around a pile of loot the size of a small hill.
    *This does not mean I can do the same with a pile of loot the size of a large hill.
    *If I can survive indefinitely inside the stomach of a creature or construct that has swallowed me whole, not to hide inside there and snipe from inside it.
    *If I use a rope trick and Magnificent mansion to build a house inside of one, I will be attacked by dire tapeworms as thick as treetruncks.
    *Cannot use an undead variation and cut portholes and channels into it so I can fire out of it.
    *My first response to finding a forest, cave, or enemy encampment is not "Set it on fire."
    *This cannot be my second response after a paltry effort to do otherwise.
    * The D.M is still figuring out how I set the forest on acid, the cave on ice, and the encampment on sonic, but it is assumed I am also banned from doing that.
    *Cannot divert a river to clear out the location in question.
    *Cannot create a river with a decanter of endless water in the general direction of the encampment.
    *I AM allowed to use an avalanche, provided I do so in an area where there is actually snow.
    * Cannot abuse stone-to-mud to bury all my enemies in thousands of tonnes of the stuff.
    *Not to abuse the ridiculous wealth-by level of high-powered characters to just buy the place from under them.
    *No, you cannot use a lyre of tunnelling to undermine them.
    *JUST FIGHT THEM ALREADY!
    *Cure wounds or no, I still have to say sorry.
    *My character cannot have the stated goal of sleeping with each and every kind of compatible creature on the planet.
    is there anything left you are allowed to do?
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ettin in the Playground

*A red-and-white orb is not the focus component for Summon Monster Spells.
    *Nor is it used in the Summoner's Call Eidolon ability.
    "For it is in passing that we achieve immortality" - Pyrrha Nikos

Quote Originally Posted by Stu42 View Post
    I used to like called shots. Then I took an arrow to the knee.
    Arvak Avatar by Dirtytabs

5. - Top - End - #155
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Maquise View Post
    *A red-and-white orb is not the focus component for Summon Monster Spells.
    *Nor is it used in the Summoner's Call Eidolon ability.
    *However it is a component for Summon Nature's Ally :P

6. - Top - End - #156
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Succubus View Post
    * I definitely can't Iron Heart Surge Rule 34 either.
    ** No matter how much we all wish you could.
    Imagine if all real-world conversations were like internet D&D conversations...
    Protip: DnD is an incredibly social game played by some of the most socially inept people on the planet - Lev
    I read this somewhere and I stick to it: "I would rather play a bad system with my friends than a great system with nobody". - Trevlac
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelb_Panthera View Post
    That said, trolling is entirely counterproductive (yes, even when it's hilarious).

7. - Top - End - #157
    Barbarian in the Playground

* My ranger's favored enemy cannot be Other PCs.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Socratov View Post
    is there anything left you are allowed to do?
    He's allowed to play and breath, as far as I can tell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Fortunately, a Monk 1/Warblade 19 uses Iron Heart Surge to end the Monk character class, and the day is saved.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf DW View Post
    He's allowed to play and breath, as far as I can tell.
    You mean he's not allowed to eat? Hmm
    * As the DM i'm not allowed to kill my players and reanimate them as Zombies
    Last edited by Burnheart; 2012-01-28 at 07:17 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by flabort View Post
    Burnheart, thanks to you, everyday reality is just a little less desirable. Until this happens, I am just this much more insane.

10. - Top - End - #160

*When travelling with the most wanted person/criminal in the world (wanted literally everywhere), I´m not allowed to go straight to the capital city of a nation that is searching for her the most, ask the ruler of said nation (also a brother of the said criminal, who she tried to kill on a number of occasions) for hospitality... and recieve it.
    (For those interested, said ruler os a nation is Zuko, criminal is, naturally, Azula. What can I say? Turns out a dragon really *does* solve all your problems)
    That which does not kill you made a tactical error.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Burnheart View Post
    You mean he's not allowed to eat? Hmm
    * As the DM i'm not allowed to kill my players and reanimate them as Zombies
    *Players not to kill themselves and reanamate as undead.
    Can't write. Can't plan. Can draw a little.
    Quote Originally Posted by Craft (Cheese) View Post
    "In his free time, he gates in Balors just so he can kill and eat them later!"

12. - Top - End - #162
    Halfling in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

*I may not use dating site profiles for character concepts.
    *I may not post a character's profile on a dating site.
    *I must not post my DM's profile on a dating site without his knowledge or permission.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Pixie in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

*Keen scimitars, falchions, and rapiers are off limits. So is the improved critical feat. I've exhausted my critical hit privileges.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ogre in the Playground

* I will not use my fellow party members as ammunition.
    * I will not defeat the boss monster with a religious debate - especially if the boss is a demigod.
    * If my character's actions would cause the political borders of half the setting's contients to be redrawn, they are all vetoed.
    * I do not get XP for destroying the GM's faith in humanity.
    * I will not abuse the social influence rules to get a major NPC to pay my bar tab.
    * If my character devotes an entire session to getting a rebate on an "unfair border toll", he does not get any XP for the next three sessions.
    * Being a thief does not mean I get XP for ripping off copyrighted songs.
    * I do not get XP for killing the potential for plot advancement.
    * "Public decency" can not be my Favoured Enemy.
    * It is not a competition to see who can make the most NPC enemies.
    * Assassination attempts are not my primary form of communication with the elves.
    * Dwarven is not "just Spanish with the sex appeal taken out".
    * I will not become the messiah figure of a new religion, just so it can be horribly twisted into an oppressive theocracy during offscreen downtime.
    * My bard will not burn a feat on Leadership, just so he can get groupies.
    * I do not lose sanity points from reading anything by John Ringo.
    * I get XP for ENDING lives, not BEGINNING them. So my character should stop getting women pregnant.
    * I will not attempt to loanshark the king, regardless of the potential for war profiteering.
    Last edited by Shoot Da Moon; 2012-01-29 at 04:52 AM.
    Anachronism will never high-light the folly of my convictions!

15. - Top - End - #165
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Greywolf View Post
    *When travelling with the most wanted person/criminal in the world (wanted literally everywhere), I´m not allowed to go straight to the capital city of a nation that is searching for her the most, ask the ruler of said nation (also a brother of the said criminal, who she tried to kill on a number of occasions) for hospitality... and recieve it.
    (For those interested, said ruler os a nation is Zuko, criminal is, naturally, Azula. What can I say? Turns out a dragon really *does* solve all your problems)
    Wait, are you playing an Avatar: The Last Airbender RPG? If so, you win the Internet.
    Revan avatar by kaptainkrutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrylius View Post
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Terracotta View Post
    *Keen scimitars, falchions, and rapiers are off limits. So is the improved critical feat. I've exhausted my critical hit privileges.
    You forgot keen kukris

17. - Top - End - #167
    Orc in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

May not use adamantine armor spikes to burst through walls and yell "Oh Yeah".

Just saw this in a thread

18. - Top - End - #168
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

if my plan involves more than 3 of the folowing:
    e
    π
    ∫a∆m (integral of (a x change in mass))
    .5mv^2
    k
    g

µ
    Ω
    it is automaticly vetoed

My plan may not require the use of a calculator, slide rule, physics textbook, trigonometry, calculus, or theory of relativity

My plans may no longer use math or physics

I may not set the world on fire

I may not freeze the world to put out said fire

I may not go to the forest moon of endor to take out a large battle station's defences and kill the entire garrison of storm troopers by donning a fireproof suit, lureing them out of their base, and starting a forest fire

If I do the above (again) I will be locked in a cage with smokey the bear

dammit already! no more F=ma

I may not defeat the zombie apocolipse by pointing out that the average corpse decays in less than a month and then holeing up in a bunker for 3 months (just to be safe)

my emergancy survival kit may not contain just a gun and ammo, so that I can take the supplies of someone who spent more time and effort preparing.

If my chareceter can kill everyone in the room with a free action, I may no longer play him.

Especialy if the room in question is the hall of the Norse gods
    Warning!! This poster makes frequent use of Sarcasm, Jokes, and Exaggeration. He intends no offense.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Shoot Da Moon View Post
    * I get XP for ENDING lives, not BEGINNING them. So my character should stop getting women pregnant.
    Yet the more lives the more lives there are to end so your creating opportunities to gain even more XP so it's still okay
    *Being targeted by dominate person is a WILL save not a Reflex save no matter what your DEX is you can't dodge the BBEGs will
    Last edited by Cormag81; 2012-02-01 at 01:21 AM.

20. - Top - End - #170

BlackDragon

Sorry I can't fix my Fd up quote you'll just have to deal guys sorry

21. - Top - End - #171

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Cormag81 View Post
    Sorry I can't fix my Fd up quote you'll just have to deal guys sorry
    Add a "/" to the beginning of the second [quote]

*May not turn the dungeon of my keep into the Tomb of Horrors
    *Especially if I haven't told the rest of the party
    *May not suggest that we have a meeting in the treasury, at the back end of the dungeon
    Proud owner of: 0.36 0.43 0.99 2.00 Internet(s), 2 Win(s), and 3000 Brownie Point(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Welknair View Post
    *Proceeds to google "Bride of the Portable Hole", jokingly wondering if it might exist*

*It does.*

What.

22. - Top - End - #172

Quote Originally Posted by Shoot Da Moon View Post
    * However, if playing a Female character, and you become pregnant, you do get XP for the birth.
    * No having an Abortion, or Miscarridge does not count for XP.
    Last edited by Silverscale; 2012-01-31 at 10:58 AM.
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, unless you brought someone bigger and tastier along with you.

Spoiler
    Show

Go HERE for a look at the Ishka (CWBP) Wiki.

Go HERE for a look at the Dragon-World (CWBP) Wiki.

Quote Originally Posted by newD&Dfan View Post
    I hereby give you the title of Wiki Editor SilverScale. (in deep booming voice)

23. - Top - End - #173

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Cormag81 View Post
    *Being targeted by dominate person is a WILL save not a Reflex save no matter what your DEX is you can't dodge the BBEGs will
    * If I manage to get the Dexterous Will feat the DM is allowed to throw books at me.

* This goes double if I manage it before epic level.

24. - Top - End - #174

Quote Originally Posted by Sith_Happens View Post
    Wait, are you playing an Avatar: The Last Airbender RPG? If so, you win the Internet.
    Yes, i am, in fact. Incidentally:

*There is no such thing as bearsharctopus.
    **Not even in Avatar: tlA universe.
    *The aerial move where I get on my dragon after falling off is not called a "Nutcracker".
    **I am no longer allowed to name any moves, especially since I thought up a female version of the aforementioned one. (Azula was not amused)
    *I can get away with pranking firelord with a pet turtleduck one time, and one time only!
    That which does not kill you made a tactical error.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

*May not use skills in magic, biology and/or biotech to create chimeric entities. Or any new creatures period.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ogre in the Playground

*by the gods of probability, i am not allowed to build a gatling gun that fires 10 fingers of death per round
    *even if the save DC is 2
    *nor can i mount the gatling gun on a wagon
    *charging into battle against a dragon, finger-of-death-gun firing madly is considered bad form
    *doing the above while screaming, "YOU WILL FAIL EVENTUALLY!!!!!" is right out

27. - Top - End - #177

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kymme View Post
    *by the gods of probability, i am not allowed to build a gatling gun that fires 10 fingers of death per round
    *even if the save DC is 2
    *nor can i mount the gatling gun on a wagon
    *charging into battle against a dragon, finger-of-death-gun firing madly is considered bad form
    *doing the above while screaming, "YOU WILL FAIL EVENTUALLY!!!!!" is right out
    If the DC is two, chance of them failing is next to null, unless they've got no save modifier. Fairly certain that natural 1s only count for attacks, not saves.
    Proud owner of: 0.36 0.43 0.99 2.00 Internet(s), 2 Win(s), and 3000 Brownie Point(s)

*Proceeds to google "Bride of the Portable Hole", jokingly wondering if it might exist*

*It does.*

What.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ksheep View Post
    If the DC is two, chance of them failing is next to null, unless they've got no save modifier. Fairly certain that natural 1s only count for attacks, not saves.
    Attacks and saves, nothing else.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

29. - Top - End - #179
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ksheep View Post
    What the rules say:

Quote Originally Posted by System Reference Document
    A natural 1 (the d20 comes up 1) on a saving throw is always a failure (and may cause damage to exposed items; see Items Surviving after a Saving Throw). A natural 20 (the d20 comes up 20) is always a success.
    Quote Originally Posted by Newtkeeper View Post
    Dude, we're geeks. Overanalysis is our job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tingel View Post
    You are funny, ideasmith.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vadskye View Post
    I really like the way the Awareness school came about. I created a Detection subschool, which you reinterpreted into a conceptually distinct Awareness subschool. Then I misinterpreted what you meant and created yet another conceptually (slightly) distinct Awareness subschool. Teamwork!
    My Extended Signature

30. - Top - End - #180

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Attacks and saves, nothing else.
    Ah, guess my previous DM ignored the saves part, only allowing crits on attacks. Carry on.

*It does.*

What.