Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
Hey Saph,

I don't want to browse through this thread too much in order to avoid being tempted by spoiler tags so I'm sorry if this came up before, but I saw mention of your series in the Dresden Files thread and wanted to go check out your first Alex Verus novel -- thing is, I was trying to buy the Kindle edition and it will only let me do that through amazon.de. Do you happen to have an associate link for that version of the site, too? I'd rather support a fellow GITP user as much as possible.
Don't have one to hand, unfortunately. But as long as you like the book, I'm happy!

Quote Originally Posted by Partysan View Post
This thread smells rather zombiefied...

Anyway, I followed the link in your signature and got myself all three books by now. I'm having a good time with them and your worldbuilding articles are an enjoyable extra. Put one of my own stories on hold for being too similar though, but yours is better anyway. Guess I'm a fan now. Love Arachne, by the way.

One question I have: How difficult is it for an elemental mage to use AoE attacks? It seems that once your opponent dodges any attack you'd resort to attacks that cover too large an area to be dodged, however Alex is still alive. So, is it difficult to cover a lot of ground with offensive magic, or does it take longer and thus give time to exit the area?
Elemental mages can do AoE attacks very easily, but the bigger an area they spread the attack over, the more diffused it gets, which means they tend not to use it against single targets. You're right that they're harder to dodge, though, which is one of the reason Alex tends to break off fights as quickly as possible, before an opponent can get the chance to figure out that they need to change tactics.

Glad you like the books, and yes, Arachne does seem to be popular. :)