Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 92
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground
     
    t209's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Niu's New Resistance Team

    Spoiler
    Show
    Currently, she is the only survivor of the Resistance and on her way to send a sending spell to Hinjo about their demise. After she sends the message, she should assemble a new team. Who should she get? (New Characters)
    - A Mongolian (or Orc) Warrior
    -Some cleric?
    - Some Wizard? (or V in Portal)
    Pony Minecraft Avatar by Dirtytabs
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miko Miyazaki, Thanh, Durkon- Order of the Stick
    Krunch- Looking For Group
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Soap Mactavish- Modern Warfare 3
    Sandman- Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost and Roach- Modern Warfare 2
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Carmine Brothers- Gears of War series
    Uriel Septim VII- Elderscrolls Oblivion
    Commander Shepherd- Mass Effect 3
    Ned Stark- Song of Ice and Fire
    Apple Jack's parents

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    NerfTW's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007

    Default Re: Niu's New Resistance Team

    Most likely after getting a sending spell, she'll simply book passage to the island the rest of the Azurites are on, or the Elven homelands.

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Silva Stormrage's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Niu's New Resistance Team

    From WHERE? Just wondering where she will find allies in a completely hostile area.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazuki View Post
    ...Silva, you are a scary person.
    Awesome Avatar by Derjuin

    My Homebrew: Here
    The Necromantic Codex: A collection of necromancy classes, items and monsters.

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Banned
     
    Dr.Epic's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: Niu's New Resistance Team

    Quote Originally Posted by t209 View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Currently, she is the only survivor of the Resistance and on her way to send a sending spell to Hinjo about their demise. After she sends the message, she should assemble a new team. Who should she get? (New Characters)
    - A Mongolian (or Orc) Warrior
    -Some cleric?
    - Some Wizard? (or V in Portal)
    Starting a completely new resistance group by yourself in enemy lands where the ruling forcing is (a) far more powerful than you and (b) has already squashed just about everyone in the last resistance group is gonna be near impossible.

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2011

    Default Re: Niu's New Resistance Team

    She uses sending and Hinjo will get the Elves to pick her up

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Mutant Sheep's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Chicagolandia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Niu's New Resistance Team

    Quote Originally Posted by skaddix View Post
    She uses sending and Hinjo will get the Elves to pick her up
    What elves? The elves sent a team before to help a good sized group of low-to-mid levels resist a world-threatening regime that conquered one of the strongest bastions of good on the mortal plane, why send another team/person capable of teleporting to the other side of the world JUST to pick up a level, like, 5ish or something fighter/rogue? Waste of time, resources, and unless its a team of 6 epic level elves come to wipe out Xykon, pointless.
    Last edited by Mutant Sheep; 2012-01-13 at 11:53 PM.
    Warning: I'm bad at making sensical statements. Readers of this post, beware.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

    Many thanks piled to Teddy's Skeetches for custom avatar.

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground
     
    t209's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Niu's New Resistance Team

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Epic View Post
    Starting a completely new resistance group by yourself in enemy lands where the ruling forcing is (a) far more powerful than you and (b) has already squashed just about everyone in the last resistance group is gonna be near impossible.
    Maybe Companion to survive in Hostile land (like Need help guys)?
    Pony Minecraft Avatar by Dirtytabs
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miko Miyazaki, Thanh, Durkon- Order of the Stick
    Krunch- Looking For Group
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Soap Mactavish- Modern Warfare 3
    Sandman- Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost and Roach- Modern Warfare 2
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Carmine Brothers- Gears of War series
    Uriel Septim VII- Elderscrolls Oblivion
    Commander Shepherd- Mass Effect 3
    Ned Stark- Song of Ice and Fire
    Apple Jack's parents

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    EvilClericGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Chicago!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Niu's New Resistance Team

    Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    What elves? The elves sent a team before to help a good sized group of low-to-mid levels resist a world-threatening regime that conquered one of the strongest bastions of good on the mortal plane, why send another team/person capable of teleporting to the other side of the world JUST to pick up a level, like, 5ish or something fighter/rogue? Waste of time, resources, and unless its a team of 6 epic level elves come to wipe out Xykon, pointless.
    It costs two level 5 spells to teleport there and back, one level 4 spell to scry the area to get Studied carefully level familiarity, one hour to do said studying, no material cost for teleport, and scrying costs Eye of Eagle, nitric acid, copper, and zinc, and the time to teleport there and back.

    All spells are refreshed each day. So what are the resources getting wasted here?
    Deus Ex Machina - refers to the ending of Greek plays where an actor playing a Greek God is lowered onto the stage and solves all of the problems. It is not a problem solved by a Chekov's Gun, Skill, or Armory. It is not an @$$ pull or whatever solved the plot in all those twilight novels. it is not characters acting out of character, or a twist you don't like.

    Words have meanings. You can't just change meanings to suit yourself. Otherwise born carbon fligaments Xyeon palar.

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Mutant Sheep's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Chicagolandia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Niu's New Resistance Team

    Quote Originally Posted by archon_huskie View Post

    All spells are refreshed each day. So what are the resources getting wasted here?
    I direct you to this neat list of the resources required.
    ...two level 5 spells to teleport there and back, one level 4 spell to scry the area to get Studied carefully level familiarity, one hour to do said studying, no material cost for teleport, and scrying costs Eye of Eagle, nitric acid, copper, and zinc, and the time to teleport there and back.
    This, to get a human level 5 fighter/rogue. Who could be a poly morphed spy.
    Last edited by Mutant Sheep; 2012-01-14 at 12:31 AM.
    Warning: I'm bad at making sensical statements. Readers of this post, beware.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

    Many thanks piled to Teddy's Skeetches for custom avatar.

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Draconi Redfir's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Gobbotopia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Niu's New Resistance Team

    Quote Originally Posted by Silva Stormrage View Post
    From WHERE? Just wondering where she will find allies in a completely hostile area.
    Cliffport?
    Elsee Spiriteye by Cofeee

    Normal Avy by Thormag

    Spoiler
    Show


    Some homebrew i need help with.Fin stuf
    Hear it, love it, live it.

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Newburyport,Massachusetts
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Niu's New Resistance Team

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Epic View Post
    Starting a completely new resistance group by yourself in enemy lands where the ruling forcing is (a) far more powerful than you and (b) has already squashed just about everyone in the last resistance group is gonna be near impossible.
    True. But if Niu does decide to restart the Resistance, it's not going to be as hard to keep the organization safe as it was up until this point. Without Team Evil around, Gobbotopia presumably has very few high-level characters left to scry, spy, and fight, etc.; if it weren't for the fact that many of the tunnels have been collapsed, I'd say that it would be far easier than before for an underground liberation movement to operate. There probably won't even be a roving Wight squad that cracks down on Black Ops activities anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    When Durkon gets hungry, he'll come through the OotS-verse's notoriously fragile fourth wall and dine on the people who have called him something goofy.

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Flame of Anor's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Chicago
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Niu's New Resistance Team

    No one who had gone through what Niu has (and, like Niu, is not a completely hardened type) would turn around and try again, especially without any high-level characters. As a sane person, not to mention one whose best friend sacrificed his life so she could get away, she's going to be leaving the area as quickly as possible, with a good chance of some PTSD to boot.

    Quote Originally Posted by NerfTW View Post
    Most likely after getting a sending spell, she'll simply book passage to the island the rest of the Azurites are on, or the Elven homelands.
    I agree with this.
    R.I.P.

    Quote Originally Posted by WampaX View Post
    It ain't not over 'til the Rich Baker bellows.
    avatar by me. Extended sig here.

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground
     
    t209's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Niu's New Resistance Team

    Quote Originally Posted by Draconi Redfir View Post
    Cliffport?
    maybe wandering adventurer in trouble!
    Pony Minecraft Avatar by Dirtytabs
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miko Miyazaki, Thanh, Durkon- Order of the Stick
    Krunch- Looking For Group
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Soap Mactavish- Modern Warfare 3
    Sandman- Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost and Roach- Modern Warfare 2
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Carmine Brothers- Gears of War series
    Uriel Septim VII- Elderscrolls Oblivion
    Commander Shepherd- Mass Effect 3
    Ned Stark- Song of Ice and Fire
    Apple Jack's parents

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Banned
     
    Dr.Epic's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2010

    Default Re: Niu's New Resistance Team

    Quote Originally Posted by t209 View Post
    Maybe Companion to survive in Hostile land (like Need help guys)?
    Who? Who is there? All the "companions" are either the resistance members who were just killed, goblinoids, or prisoners heavily locked up. Not many options there.

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2011

    Default Re: Niu's New Resistance Team

    Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    What elves? The elves sent a team before to help a good sized group of low-to-mid levels resist a world-threatening regime that conquered one of the strongest bastions of good on the mortal plane, why send another team/person capable of teleporting to the other side of the world JUST to pick up a level, like, 5ish or something fighter/rogue? Waste of time, resources, and unless its a team of 6 epic level elves come to wipe out Xykon, pointless.
    I said pick up they send in someone with teleport to grab her and bring her to the island. I did not say send a new attack force in. Although they might seeing as the Top 4 and the Most Powerful undead minions will soon be departing leaving paltry resistance that the blues should be able to defeat.

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground
     
    t209's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Niu's New Resistance Team

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Epic View Post
    Who? Who is there? All the "companions" are either the resistance members who were just killed, goblinoids, or prisoners heavily locked up. Not many options there.
    Maybe curious adventurers, risktakers, nomads, exiled warrior clans or dumb dudes.
    Pony Minecraft Avatar by Dirtytabs
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miko Miyazaki, Thanh, Durkon- Order of the Stick
    Krunch- Looking For Group
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Soap Mactavish- Modern Warfare 3
    Sandman- Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost and Roach- Modern Warfare 2
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Carmine Brothers- Gears of War series
    Uriel Septim VII- Elderscrolls Oblivion
    Commander Shepherd- Mass Effect 3
    Ned Stark- Song of Ice and Fire
    Apple Jack's parents

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2011

    Default Re: Niu's New Resistance Team

    Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    I direct you to this neat list of the resources required.

    This, to get a human level 5 fighter/rogue. Who could be a poly morphed spy.
    She sends sending assuming they pick her up quickly enough it should be fine besides u can figure out if a persons a spy if u know to look by playing 20 Questions.

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Mutant Sheep's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Chicagolandia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Niu's New Resistance Team

    Yes, all that to get a complete nobody to the elves. I don't see why they would want to teleport to pick her up when she should be perfectly able to just go to Cliffport and take a boat. She could give more information than the 25 words the sending would be able to, but she's hardly O-Chul in her ability to know spelllists, and the elves do not seem to be invested in the Gates enough (or at all) to spend any more resources to get instantaneous information to help the bunch of homeless hungry Azurites who plopped themselves down on an island near them.
    Warning: I'm bad at making sensical statements. Readers of this post, beware.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

    Many thanks piled to Teddy's Skeetches for custom avatar.

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Dwarf in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jan 2011

    Default Re: Niu's New Resistance Team

    While the elves we've seen do seem to tend towards being efficient to the extant of appearing cold, Niu does have possible value beyond a single sending. Sending can convey a great deal of information in 25 words, used well, but it still requires sacrificing significant information.

    Even so, it would be understandable to leave her to find her own way. Niu is an experienced Fighter/Rogue. She's been fighting as a part of the resistance for a great deal of time, now, in adventuring terms. She should be able to evade encounters she can't handle, and avoid perils more naive NPCs would fall to.
    Last edited by Tulya; 2012-01-14 at 02:28 AM.

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Niu's New Resistance Team

    Add me to the list who don't think another Resistance is going to spring up here. They were at their strongest just now, with Team Peregrine on side and presumably everyone having gained a level or two through fighting, and yet Redcloak crushed them with as little care or effort as someone might spend crushing an ant. And he did that alone! It ought to be pretty obvious to Niu now, even if it wasn't before, that this is an unwinnable war--even if she had the entire Order in Azure City to help her out she couldn't turn the tide against 20 thousand hobgoblins (plus however many more goblinoids have moved in recently) even without Xykon and Redcloak present.

    Plus, on a more practical level, where could any new Resistance hide out? The mountain caves have been discovered and collapsed by earthquake. Realistically, the only hope left for freeing Azure City from goblinoid rule is a direct frontal assault by a large army.

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    RedWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Dec 2011

    Default Re: Niu's New Resistance Team

    Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    Add me to the list who don't think another Resistance is going to spring up here. They were at their strongest just now, with Team Peregrine on side and presumably everyone having gained a level or two through fighting, and yet Redcloak crushed them with as little care or effort as someone might spend crushing an ant. And he did that alone! It ought to be pretty obvious to Niu now, even if it wasn't before, that this is an unwinnable war--even if she had the entire Order in Azure City to help her out she couldn't turn the tide against 20 thousand hobgoblins (plus however many more goblinoids have moved in recently) even without Xykon and Redcloak present.

    Plus, on a more practical level, where could any new Resistance hide out? The mountain caves have been discovered and collapsed by earthquake. Realistically, the only hope left for freeing Azure City from goblinoid rule is a direct frontal assault by a large army.
    also cliffport are goblin allies

    more likely a naval invasion but it depends on how much damage they want to do to the city

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground
     
    zimmerwald1915's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Lake Wobegon
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Niu's New Resistance Team

    Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    Plus, on a more practical level, where could any new Resistance hide out? The mountain caves have been discovered and collapsed by earthquake. Realistically, the only hope left for freeing Azure City from goblinoid rule is a direct frontal assault by a large army.
    Interestingly enough, the only large armies we've seen are those in the Empires of Bodily Fluids. The Azurites certainly don't have tens of thousands of soldiers at their disposal. The Elves presumably don't have a large army available either, or they wouldn't rely on inserting commando teams (a classic tactic for a state that wants to fight a war on the cheap). The various humanoid nations on the Southern and Northern continents are divided amongst themselves, and among the most powerful of them recognize Gobbotopia. Nothing can be said of the Dwarves, but they are far away.
    Milk Chocolate Justiciar of the Haley Fanclub
    I hate a song that makes you think that you are just born to lose. Bound to lose. No good to nobody. No good for nothing...I'm out to fight those songs to my very last breath of air and my last drop of blood. I am out to sing songs that will prove to you that this is your world...
    Humanized stick figure Twilight Sparkle by me. Find the full set here.

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Pixie in the Playground
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location

    Default Re: Niu's New Resistance Team

    Quote Originally Posted by skaddix View Post
    also cliffport are goblin allies

    more likely a naval invasion but it depends on how much damage they want to do to the city
    Er no, "recognition" does not equal "allies". Cliffport simply accepted that Gobbotopia is there to stay, and they'll overlook the whole human slavery bit by making half hearted entreaties to change it via "economic engagement"
    Last edited by AniThyng; 2012-01-14 at 06:33 AM.

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Jubal_Barca's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2008

    Default Re: Niu's New Resistance Team

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Interestingly enough, the only large armies we've seen are those in the Empires of Bodily Fluids. The Azurites certainly don't have tens of thousands of soldiers at their disposal. The Elves presumably don't have a large army available either, or they wouldn't rely on inserting commando teams (a classic tactic for a state that wants to fight a war on the cheap). The various humanoid nations on the Southern and Northern continents are divided amongst themselves, and among the most powerful of them recognize Gobbotopia. Nothing can be said of the Dwarves, but they are far away.
    I think it was implied that there were a lot more Azurite troops than died in the defence of the city; the trouble was that maybe half their forces were feudal in style, and then there were a lot of desertions. Without the Sapphire Guard it seems unlikely they can be a major threat, though. We don't really know if the humanoid nations have many troops, not seeing them doesn't mean they're not there - and similarly with the elves. They may just deem that it's not worth sending a whole army to Azure city and suffer heavy losses against an epic-level lich, which would then leave their homelands low on protection. Tarquin doesn't seem to want to bring the elves in to attack him, so they must have some kind of significant force.

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Devil

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: Niu's New Resistance Team

    Her new resistance team will include:

    1 Dashing Swordsman and his airship crew
    1 Dwarven female cleric of Loki
    2 Contract killers (1 human 1 dwarf)
    1 Gnome Druid and 1 Half elf wizard
    1 Human wizard girl and her ghost dad
    1 Human male cleric of Loki
    2 Lawyers
    1 Paladin without a bard servant

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Draconi Redfir's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Gobbotopia
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Niu's New Resistance Team

    Quote Originally Posted by skaddix View Post
    also cliffport are goblin allies

    more likely a naval invasion but it depends on how much damage they want to do to the city
    Already been said but yeah cliffport isn't actually allied to Gobbotopia, it's just not it's enemy. And it really only recognized it as a nation and opened trade with it due to the Elvin infiltrators harassing the place, Cliffport and Gobbotopia share a disliking of Elves, so if Gobbotopia is being attacked by elves, that both means they are not working with the elves, and they do not like the elves. The enemy of my enemy is my friend and all that.

    Quote Originally Posted by thisisnotspam View Post
    Her new resistance team will include:

    1 Dashing Swordsman and his airship crew
    1 Dwarven female cleric of Loki
    2 Contract killers (1 human 1 dwarf)
    1 Gnome Druid and 1 Half elf wizard
    1 Human wizard girl and her ghost dad
    1 Human male cleric of Loki
    2 Lawyers
    1 Paladin without a bard servant
    Ohhh now that would be fun
    Elsee Spiriteye by Cofeee

    Normal Avy by Thormag

    Spoiler
    Show


    Some homebrew i need help with.Fin stuf
    Hear it, love it, live it.

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    RangerGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2010

    Default Re: Niu's New Resistance Team

    Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    What elves? The elves sent a team before to help a good sized group of low-to-mid levels resist a world-threatening regime that conquered one of the strongest bastions of good on the mortal plane, why send another team/person capable of teleporting to the other side of the world JUST to pick up a level, like, 5ish or something fighter/rogue? Waste of time, resources, and unless its a team of 6 epic level elves come to wipe out Xykon, pointless.
    They can get information from her. Much more so than they can get from a single Sending spell. It would be way easier to just scry the place, sure, but that doesn't work because of the Cloyster. So rescuing someone with info is a valid strategy, specially now that infiltrating a new team would mean building the whole "resistance" infra-structure from the ground up again.

    They're "wasting" an easily renewable resource (spells) that would probably go to waste anyways (unless we assume every idle wizard finds a way to burn all of their spells every day) to get potentially important information. That sounds like a fine trade, to me. In fact, it sounds like an effortless way to get an edge on your enemies. And, assuming Team Peregrine's view on goblinoids is any compatible with the elven government's, Gobbotopia is their enemy, the whole deal was not just a way to help the Azurites.
    Last edited by Roland Itiative; 2012-01-14 at 08:47 AM.

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground
     
    BlackDragon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Niu's New Resistance Team

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    The Elves presumably don't have a large army available either, or they wouldn't rely on inserting commando teams (a classic tactic for a state that wants to fight a war on the cheap).
    It's also a classic tactic for a state that is thousands of miles from its target and thus can't easily send a full-sized army! Xykon isn't taking the hobgoblins with him to the Western Continent for the same reason...just too impractical to *get* them there, unless you happen to have an epic-level teleportation specialist like Ganonron available.

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Oct 2011

    Default Re: Niu's New Resistance Team

    I figure it's more likely for Niu to go solo for now. Missing presumed dead until someone is being attacked by goblins when a well-timed backstab signals her return.

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Ron Miel's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Niu's New Resistance Team

    Surely there are at least two other resistance cells.

    They formed a unified residence here, but that doesn't mean they were all in the same place. And small, separate cells is a basic technique for resistance fighters. There are, therefore, likely still to be other resistance cells she can join.
    .
    -.____________________
    ./___________________()-------Ron Miel
    |...___________________--------sits down
    |..| |_________________()-------and starts
    |..|/__________________--------singing
    | ___________________()-------about gold

    .

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •