New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus]The Dancing Fox Inn IV: Strangely, More Wolves Than Foxes

"Thein! I thought you left because you were afraid of Naku!"
    "By the way, I'm getting married to her!"

"Wanna be my ringbearer?"
    He was excited to see Thein, so excited that everything just tumbled out.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

2. - Top - End - #752

OOC: Strange, I remember more threads than 4, especially while it was still ACRO.

A wild adventuring party appears!
    Thank Saradomin that's over. I thought we'd be in that resistance movement for weeks!
    Agreed.
    Bartender! Can we get 2 Manticore Martinis, a Banana Beer, 6 packs of peanuts, a curry, a Thunder Ale, and a Dwarven Brandy?
    Yessum. Comin' up.
    Feels nice, being back here.
    Everyone in the party nods and grunts in agreement.
    Yer order, and if you need anything else, call me. 7 gold, 6 silver, and 5 copper.
    Elendro hands 8 gold over.
    Ya change.
    Thanks.
    Everyone spends a few minutes nom'ing and drinking.
    I wonder if anyone from those years are still here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Savage
    Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down.

3. - Top - End - #753
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

[Out by the Stable]

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    "Thein! I thought you left because you were afraid of Naku!"
    "By the way, I'm getting married to her!"

"Wanna be my ringbearer?"
    He was excited to see Thein, so excited that everything just tumbled out.
    "Huh?" the lad's initial response is confusion, as he tries to sort out all of the words that came tumbling so quickly from Songdancer's mouth.

"Oh, we left sooner because of that... we had to go find work. Lady Raennall says that we just saw... how did she say it? ... "One page of the story." Anyhow, she said we need to come back to talk to Sorry about a job and we should, "Withhold judgement until we've read the whole book." Anyhow, what did happen? And you're getting married?" His eyebrows go down into a focused look as he tries to figure out how a pony and a vampire can get married.

"What is a ring bearer?" He finally decides that this, too, is a vital question.

The big warhorse waits for Banana Cream Pie's answer to his greeting.

((The player knows Sorrow's name, Thein just messed it up.))

[In the Inn]

A woman is standing at the bar, clearly a customer and not an employee. She nods to the adventuring party pleasantly as they come in and order. She looks like she is either back from or heading out to an adventure of her own.
    Last edited by LadyOfWar; 2012-02-19 at 01:04 PM.
    Expect my character 'Wanderer' to simply vanish. Please always err on the side of continuing without me. My schedule makes my posting patchy at times and I don't want to hold up other folks' fun.

Former alias: wingrae, Wooly Winged Wonder

I'm officially back! Whee! I should be able to post regularly for a few months :-)

4. - Top - End - #754

Quote Originally Posted by PallElendro View Post
    OOC: Strange, I remember more threads than 4, especially while it was still ACRO.

A wild adventuring party appears!
    Thank Saradomin that's over. I thought we'd be in that resistance movement for weeks!
    Agreed.
    Bartender! Can we get 2 Manticore Martinis, a Banana Beer, 6 packs of peanuts, a curry, a Thunder Ale, and a Dwarven Brandy?
    Yessum. Comin' up.
    Feels nice, being back here.
    Everyone in the party nods and grunts in agreement.
    Yer order, and if you need anything else, call me. 7 gold, 6 silver, and 5 copper.
    Elendro hands 8 gold over.
    Ya change.
    Thanks.
    Everyone spends a few minutes nom'ing and drinking.
    I wonder if anyone from those years are still here.
    Well, considering Naku's the bartender, and she talks more like this:

Quote Originally Posted by LadyOfWar View Post

[In the Inn]

A woman is standing at the bar, clearly a customer and not an employee. She nods to the adventuring party pleasantly as they come in and order. She looks like she is either back from or heading out to an adventure of her own.
    "Hallo! Can I get you anything?"

Though she does happily pocket the 8 gold.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

5. - Top - End - #755

"Well you see...there was a jerk and Naku got frustrated with him..."
    "Also, since you left me and Naku have been dating and I proposed to her yesterday actually!"
    "And a ringbearer holds onto the rings for the bride and groom until the wedding day comes were he presents them to them!"

Banana Creme Pie smiles at the warhorse.
    "Wooooooah...how did you get so big?"
    Busy with Life

6. - Top - End - #756
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

[In the stable]

"I would be honored to keep your wedding ring for you until the day of the ceremony." He replies, with a proud smile. "But I still do not understand what happened before. Naku was frustrated with him, and then he died? How did that happen?" He is still focused on making sure that Naku doesn't go about draining the life-blood from people. Perhaps why he is so concerned with this will someday be revealed.

The horse does not seem surprised by Banana Creme's question. He is very large for a Northland horse. He replies in Equine, "I am Bheerente, and at your service, ma'am." the name is not replicable in human speech, as it requires being able to make the deep, rumbly neigh of a horse. "I am the warhorse of Raennall of the Raemmar, the Lady of the Nine People. My ancestors have been carefully chosen throughout generations to serve the leaders of the Northlands in battle." So that is the secret behind being 16 hands tall.

[In the Inn]

((Sorry! I hit submit without this half of the post by mistake.))

"A glass of water please." Lady Raennall requests from Naku. She watches the vampire very carefully, analyzing her with a look that is difficult to read. Someone with an eye for fine detail in human expression may note that the Lady's look mixes mistrust with curiosity.
    Last edited by LadyOfWar; 2012-02-19 at 01:35 PM.
    Expect my character 'Wanderer' to simply vanish. Please always err on the side of continuing without me. My schedule makes my posting patchy at times and I don't want to hold up other folks' fun.

I'm officially back! Whee! I should be able to post regularly for a few months :-)

7. - Top - End - #757

[In the Inn]

((Sorry! I hit submit without this half of the post by mistake.))

"A glass of water please." Lady Raennall requests from Naku. She watches the vampire very carefully, analyzing her with a look that is difficult to read. Someone with an eye for fine detail in human expression may note that the Lady's look mixes mistrust with curiosity.
    ((Perfectly fine. It happens. ))

"Of course."
    Naku says, getting a clean glass to fill with water.

Let's see, what would the analyzation get?
    Well, she looks tired, but happy.

"Anything else?"
    She asks as she brings the glass of water over.
    Show

I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

8. - Top - End - #758
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

[In the Inn]

"Thank you." Lady Raennall says as she takes the water. The motion causes her sleeve to pull back, revealing wide scars around her wrist.

She decides to take a direct approach with this. "If you do not mind, I would like to clear up something that I hope is a misunderstanding."

9. - Top - End - #759

[In the Inn]

"Thank you." Lady Raennall says as she takes the water. The motion causes her sleeve to pull back, revealing wide scars around her wrist.

She decides to take a direct approach with this. "If you do not mind, I would like to clear up something that I hope is a misunderstanding."
    Naku was just about to ask about the scars, when Raennall asks her own question.
    "Of course, go ahead.
    What's up?"

She asks, taking a seat.
    Show

10. - Top - End - #760
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

The lady perches on a chair across from Naku. She seems wary, and her words will soon reveal why.

"The last time I came here with Thein, the white haired lad you might have seen before, he witnessed what appeared to be a murder victim. He specifically feared that you may have been involved. I had hoped this inn might be a safe place to conduct my business and allow Thein to roam freely, especially since he is quickly becoming friends with the pony Songdancer. It is that hope, and my obligation to another that I met here, that has brought me back to hear your side of the tale."

11. - Top - End - #761

The lady perches on a chair across from Naku. She seems wary, and her words will soon reveal why.

"The last time I came here with Thein, the white haired lad you might have seen before, he witnessed what appeared to be a murder victim. He specifically feared that you may have been involved. I had hoped this inn might be a safe place to conduct my business and allow Thein to roam freely, especially since he is quickly becoming friends with the pony Songdancer. It is that hope, and my obligation to another that I met here, that has brought me back to hear your side of the tale."
    "You mean the time he was going past, saw me standing over some," Naku pauses to find the right word, fails to find it, and leaves it as "man who was bleeding out on the floor? And then he ran away before I could tell him anything?"
    She doesn't mean for the last sentence to sound bitter, but it was still a painful subject.
    Show

12. - Top - End - #762

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    Well, considering Naku's the bartender, and she talks more like this:

"Hallo! Can I get you anything?"

Though she does happily pocket the 8 gold.
    OOC: My mistake! Just that before I came back, the inn was NPC run.
    Last edited by PallElendro; 2012-02-19 at 02:33 PM.
    Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down.

13. - Top - End - #763
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

"Yes," she replies softly. "That was the time. I do apologize for leaving without taking the time to ascertain the true nature of the situation. It seemed best to allow some time to pass before handling the subject as cool heads make for deeper understanding, and I must admit to allowing my own prejudices and fears in this new place to override my better judgement." Her tone is even, reasonable, and honestly apologetic without being defensive. However, she still seems on edge, though that may be her natural disposition.

14. - Top - End - #764

"Yes," she replies softly. "That was the time. I do apologize for leaving without taking the time to ascertain the true nature of the situation. It seemed best to allow some time to pass before handling the subject as cool heads make for deeper understanding, and I must admit to allowing my own prejudices and fears in this new place to override my better judgement." Her tone is even, reasonable, and honestly apologetic without being defensive. However, she still seems on edge, though that may be her natural disposition.
    "Nah, it's fine. I'm sorry, really.

However, before I tell you my side, I'd like to share a story, if you're amenable?

I . . . well, I was also instructed never to tell anyone, but I think those rules are gone."

Then she pauses again, obviously trying to figure out where to start.
    "The very simple version of this, is I grew up as a, and surrounded by paladins.
    Helping others, following the rules, and honesty, are all very important to me. Even though yes, I've been bitten and now have a daily struggle to stay sane, they are still important to me.
    So please believe me when I say: I don't know where that man came from. He stumbled in through the door with that wound; I still don't know what caused it, nor why he came here.
    Heck, I only know your companion was even there because it was impossible to miss the scent of the fear he was producing; then when I did try to talk to him later, he ran away."

Naku sighs again.
    "Sorry, I . . . just . . ."
    She appears to be apologizing for explaining; because Naku is silly.

((And Elendro, actually it was PC run. But the player at the time had given people permission to godmod him when he wasn't online.))
    Show

15. - Top - End - #765

[COLOR="Indigo"]
    ((And Elendro, actually it was PC run. But the player at the time had given people permission to godmod him when he wasn't online.))
    OOC: o rly? Well, that explains a lot to me.
    ---
    Damn. I think my bow has fractures on it. That war took its toll on our stuff.
    And I could've sworn this staff's tip was shinier.
    Ok. Pack it up, head to the smithies.
    Elendro places a few silvers for a tip at the table.
    Temp deadtime.

16. - Top - End - #766
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

"Nah, it's fine. I'm sorry, really.

However, before I tell you my side, I'd like to share a story, if you're amenable?

I . . . well, I was also instructed never to tell anyone, but I think those rules are gone."

Then she pauses again, obviously trying to figure out where to start.
    "The very simple version of this, is I grew up as a, and surrounded by paladins.
    Helping others, following the rules, and honesty, are all very important to me. Even though yes, I've been bitten and now have a daily struggle to stay sane, they are still important to me.
    So please believe me when I say: I don't know where that man came from. He stumbled in through the door with that wound; I still don't know what caused it, nor why he came here.
    Heck, I only know your companion was even there because it was impossible to miss the scent of the fear he was producing; then when I did try to talk to him later, he ran away."

Naku sighs again.
    "Sorry, I . . . just . . ."
    She appears to be apologizing for explaining; because Naku is silly.

"Your story fits better with what I have seen than the conclusion Thein and I had originally lept to." Lady Raennall replies. "It also fits with that elf shouting at me about you being a paladin." she is starting to smile.

"Please do not apologize. It is I who owe you an apology. Please try to understand that I too have a history in a very different place than this. We have legends of vampires, and they are incapable of battling their need for blood. That at first caused great wariness. That was compounded by a peculiarity of my race. In my land the women are Talented. They wield a very strong form of magic, but it comes at a price. The more they use their Talent the more of their minds they loose. A peculiar side-effect is that their hair color changes from stark white to deep blood-red as they use the magic. By the time a woman's hair has gone completely red, she could easily kill her best friend purely by mistake when her mind breaks." She doesn't point out Naku's deep-purple locks, but it is pretty clear that is where this bit of the story is coming from. "Combine these two facets of my past, and I hope you will be able to understand my unwarranted fear well enough to accept my apology." Odd that the Lady herself has brown hair, when she said the women usually have white hair sometimes streaked with red.

17. - Top - End - #767

"I'm sure she didn't do that. Naku is the nicest person ever, Thein. It's why I'm marrying her."

Banana Creme Pie tries to hop onto the warhorse's back.
    "Can I ride you?":D
    Busy with Life

18. - Top - End - #768
    Bugbear in the Playground

Fade still stands behind the bar, now that Naku does the bartender thing he really wonders why she searched for on. After all he doesn't bother and keeps standing there since she cared for all. Nothing to complain when he still get's paid.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

19. - Top - End - #769

"Your story fits better with what I have seen than the conclusion Thein and I had originally lept to." Lady Raennall replies. "It also fits with that elf shouting at me about you being a paladin." she is starting to smile.

"Please do not apologize. It is I who owe you an apology. Please try to understand that I too have a history in a very different place than this. We have legends of vampires, and they are incapable of battling their need for blood. That at first caused great wariness. That was compounded by a peculiarity of my race. In my land the women are Talented. They wield a very strong form of magic, but it comes at a price. The more they use their Talent the more of their minds they loose. A peculiar side-effect is that their hair color changes from stark white to deep blood-red as they use the magic. By the time a woman's hair has gone completely red, she could easily kill her best friend purely by mistake when her mind breaks." She doesn't point out Naku's deep-purple locks, but it is pretty clear that is where this bit of the story is coming from. "Combine these two facets of my past, and I hope you will be able to understand my unwarranted fear well enough to accept my apology." Odd that the Lady herself has brown hair, when she said the women usually have white hair sometimes streaked with red.
    Naku nods.
    "That does make sense, yes.

You're welcome to stay here as long as you need,"

She says, standing.
    "you, and whoever you bring with you are safe as long as you're here, but for right now I'm afraid I have some memories to go squash back down.
    Later, though, would you like to share more stores?"
    Show

20. - Top - End - #770
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

"Yes, later, I would like that a greatly." she replies to Naku's invitation to share stories. "I am sorry if I caused you pain." she says, honestly apologetic if her words caused Naku's bad memories to surface.

As Naku leaves Lady Raennall settles back in her chair and begins sipping her water. Again the bend of her elbow exposes her scar-encircled wrist. She stares out through the window across from her, thinking.

[Out at the stables]

((Yipes! How did I miss your post?))

"I know you wouldn't marry someone that would hurt others, I know that. It is just that what I saw was so... awful." He twists the loose ends of the horse's reins in his hands as he speaks.

The war horse shies sideways in surprise when Banana Cream tries to hop onto his broad back. In spite of his sudden motion, there will still be plenty of horse-back for her to land on. He turns his head around to look back at her in confusion. "I suppose you could." He replies. Why she would want to is the confusing part for the big horse.

He nudges Thein's shoulder, to get the boy's attention so the white-haired lad will drop the reins and let him go for a bit.

"What do you want?" Thein asks, trying to interpret the nudge.

Bheerente nibbles at the reins with his big soft horse-lips.

"Ok...." Thein says tentatively. "But if you run off, I'll be in trouble for the rest of my life."

The war horse nuzzles the boy reassuringly before he turns and heads out of the barn, presumably with Banana Cream in tow.
    Last edited by LadyOfWar; 2012-02-19 at 03:51 PM.

21. - Top - End - #771

"I know it was horrible Thein, but you can't blame Naku for it. We should go inside so you can hear the full story. Naku would probably set you at ease better. Banana Creme Pie will watch over your horses."

Banana Creme Pie goes into a human like pose to ride the warhorse.
    "Giddy up!"
    Busy with Life

22. - Top - End - #772

"Yes, later, I would like that a greatly." she replies to Naku's invitation to share stories. "I am sorry if I caused you pain." she says, honestly apologetic if her words caused Naku's bad memories to surface.

As Naku leaves Lady Raennall settles back in her chair and begins sipping her water. Again the bend of her elbow exposes her scar-encircled wrist. She stares out through the window across from her, thinking.
    Fade sights. Time for him get more of these small talk experience people seem to tell him. What was it again. Try to point something obviouse to start the talking.

He goes over to the Lady pointing at her wounds.

"Your a fighter?"

Good Fade real well start.

23. - Top - End - #773
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

[Stables]

"More like Bheerente will watch over Banana Creme." Thein mutters, as he squashes a smile at the sight of the pony eagerly riding the huge horse around the yard. He mimics the horse's equine name surprisingly well for a human.

Bheerente goes from walking to cantering. His gait is light footed for such a large animal. As the pair circle the yard the breeze whips back the horse's great white mane, tail and the thick feathering at his fetlocks.

"Just let me make sure there is a stall open for Caramel." He runs and opens one of the stalls, quickly checks that there is plenty of straw down for bedding, and dumps some water into the bucket. He doesn't have to lead his pony inside, the animal knows that Thein prepared this spot just for him and enters on his own. "I'll be back soon, ok?" Thein says.

Caramel nickers his understanding.

"Ok, Songdancer. Let's head inside." Thein heads toward the inn.

[In the Inn]

The lady turns her head quickly toward Fade as he speaks, then relaxes as she sees he wants to chat.

"Yes, I am a warrior." she replies, caressing the hilt of her sword with her free hand to emphasize that point. Then her eyes flit to where he is pointing. "Sometimes, when one is protecting one's people, their way of life, and their dignity, fighting a vastly more numerous force is worth the price, both the price of the lives lost in battle, and the price of the aftermath for the survivors."

Upon closer inspection, he may note that the wide ring of scaring around her wrist is no battle-scar. It is the kind of mark left by rope and iron manacles digging into flesh, opening the wounds repeatedly so they form fibrous scar tissue when they heal.

24. - Top - End - #774
    Dwarf in the Playground

There is a slight increase in the air pressure in the main room. Those paying attention would now notice a pale young woman standing in the center of the room. She is wearing a dark blue military like uniform her shoulder length blond hair is pulled tightly back and most of her face is obstructed by a rather compact gas mask with no visible straps holding it in place.

She takes quick stock of the portion of the room in front of her, and turns fast to look behind her, eyes darting from corner to corner as she watches empty space more than the patrons and workers. She seems . . . cautious, yes cautious that’s the right word, not frightened in the least, who would ever think that.
    We love plural first person personal pronouns.
    Rejoice in the bosom of white text our child.
    Avatar by Gnomish Wanderer! (::) invisible cookies (::)

25. - Top - End - #775

"Hey! Hey Naku! Thein's back!" Songdancer exclaims as he walks into the inn with Thein.
    "You also need to fill him in about that thing that happened that made him scared!"

Banana Creme seems to be trying to make Bheerente go faster!
    "Faster! Go faster! As fast as you can!"
    Busy with Life

26. - Top - End - #776
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

[Outside]

"Are you sure?" He asks her, as he heads off of the Inn's property and on to the street, where there is more space on the straight-away for him to build up speed.

[INNside] ((buh-dum tish!))

The Lady is at a table just inside the inn, and she motions for Songdancer and Thein to come over toward her.

"Naku needed to go and take a few minutes for herself. We discussed what happened the last time the two of us where here, and she explained that the man came in injured and died on the floor. Her version fit well with the facts." she says calmly.

Thein listens closely, and nods as she speaks.

"Does it also fit with what you know?" the Lady asks him.

"Yes, and with what Songdancer says." Thein replies. A smile is spreading across his face. Now that he knows Naku didn't bite that man, he can really be happy about his new pony friend's engagement.

The new arrival in the gas-mask is noted by Lady Raennall with a suspicious glance. Anyone that looks that wary is probably running from something, and that raises the warrior woman's guard.

27. - Top - End - #777

"Yay! Now we all can be friends and have fun!"
    Victory pump of friendship happens with him!

Banana Creme nodded.
    "Yes! Faster! Fast as possible!"
    Busy with Life

28. - Top - End - #778

Fade notes that and since he isn't tactfull he will mention it.

"It seems your not that good in it. I note you wore manacles for some time. I heared that this is also a sex thing, but due to your wounds I bet for you beeing caught in some way."

Oh and Fade is the guy who is covered in strange clothes only his eyes aren't covered.

It's good to have a char that doesn't need plotclones. Fades shadow slides over to the newcomer with the gas mask animating himself to a copy of Fade.

"Can I do something for you?" he asks with an echo.

29. - Top - End - #779
    Dwarf in the Playground

The woman calms slightly as the initial thought of an ambush seems to be untrue.

Her voice is muffled by the mask as she speaks “No, it’s quite alright Fade.” It may or may not be odd that she knows his name. “I’m told I am to meet someone here today, normally that is one of my elders and you know how they can be.” It’s more likely he doesn’t know that she is referring to an older version of herself that has gone insane.
    We love plural first person personal pronouns.
    Rejoice in the bosom of white text our child.
    Avatar by Gnomish Wanderer! (::) invisible cookies (::)

30. - Top - End - #780
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

[Inside the Inn]

"Indeed we can." the Lady replies to Songdancer.

Thein replies the way excited boys do, with a "Woot!" and a fist-pump to match Songdancer's.

While Thein turns to Songdancer and starts inquiring about how he can help prepare for the wedding and what all he needs to do to be a good ring-bearer, the Lady turns her attention back to Fade.

((I know who Fade is :-D ))

"I was captured, yes. There are three types of people living in the southern plains of my homeland now. Those cowards who joined the Empire to save themselves pain, the brave who resisted when they could and surrendered only to protect their children, and the strong who bear marks like mine. As I mentioned, fighting a battle we could not win was still worth the price. Sometimes, it is better to be beaten than to surrender."

[Outside]

The horse heads down the street, picking up speed with every hooffall. He is soon galloping at a dizzying pace, his hooves thudding like thunder on the street. The sound of his pounding feet is his namesake, for in the Lady's language his name means 'Like thunder on the plains'. Even so, the great horse has a surprisingly smooth ride, and Banana Cream should have no trouble staying aboard his back.