New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1478
  1. - Top - End - #1111
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Skyrim IV: Oblivion

Bam!

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Enchanting_Effects

If you're looking for guidance, Fortify Destruction will increase the efficiency of fire/frost/shock enchants on your weapons, causing them to consume fewer charges per hit. Water breathing is a crummy pick, imo, since you can just throw it on a 0.3 lb. ring and explore to your heart's content.

2. - Top - End - #1112
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Okay, if I'm reading that link right, let me test an example. I'm going to want to make a set of Fortify Conjure clothing. This will be four pieces (head/neck/chest/finger). With the perk @ 100 enchanting, I can put two different enchants on the same item -- but they have to be different enchants. The page isn't clear on whether I can stack +conjure with +conjure & regen, which would only matter on the chest anyway...

The base increase is 8%. I need to use only a grand soul if I'm serious about the enchant. Without any +Enchant potions but a full spread of the perks & 100 skill, I'm looking at a x3.13 effect - resulting in the 25% figure I keep seeing. With the best possible +Enchant potion, that multiplier is x3.65, which comes up just shy of 30%. So I can (as I've seen around) make 2 schools free to cast, and with a bit of maximizing and twisting I could get 2 schools to 14% cost and a third school to 40% cost.

With the chest piece, I'd be getting only +18% (instead of +29) with 10% mana regen, compared to +73% mana regen (20*3.65) if I used one of the two chest slots for pure regen. Hmm... this also leaves me looking for good hands & feet slots (shield is pretty well marked for +block and +resist magic, unless there's one of those "something that looks better on paper than in practice" things I need to know about).
    Last edited by TheEmerged; 2012-03-14 at 08:56 PM.
    • Sometimes, the knights are the monsters
    • The main problem with the world? So many grownups, not enough adults.
    • Talk less; say more.
    • George R.R. Martin, Kirkman, and Joss Whedon walked into a bar. There were no survivors.
    • Current Project: Fallout 4 "nerd" build (3/7/2/2/9/3/2, PER 9 after boosts)

3. - Top - End - #1113
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The_Jackal View Post
    Bam!

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Enchanting_Effects

If you're looking for guidance, Fortify Destruction will increase the efficiency of fire/frost/shock enchants on your weapons, causing them to consume fewer charges per hit. Water breathing is a crummy pick, imo, since you can just throw it on a 0.3 lb. ring and explore to your heart's content.
    How about Fortify Block on Shield?
    Badly drawn helmet avatar drawn by me.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miko Miyazaki, Thanh, Durkon- Order of the Stick
    Krunch- Looking For Group
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Soap Mactavish- Modern Warfare 3
    Sandman- Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost and Roach- Modern Warfare 2
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Carmine Brothers- Gears of War series
    Uriel Septim VII- Elderscrolls Oblivion
    Commander Shepherd- Mass Effect 3
    Ned Stark- Song of Ice and Fire
    Apple Jack's parents

4. - Top - End - #1114
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by TheEmerged View Post
    Okay, if I'm reading that link right, let me test an example. I'm going to want to make a set of Fortify Conjure clothing. This will be four pieces (head/neck/chest/finger). With the perk @ 100 enchanting, I can put two different enchants on the same item -- but they have to be different enchants. The page isn't clear on whether I can stack +conjure with +conjure & regen, which would only matter on the chest anyway...

The base increase is 8%. I need to use only a grand soul if I'm serious about the enchant. Without any +Enchant potions but a full spread of the perks & 100 skill, I'm looking at a x3.13 effect - resulting in the 25% figure I keep seeing. With the best possible +Enchant potion, that multiplier is x3.65, which comes up just shy of 30%. So I can (as I've seen around) make 2 schools free to cast, and with a bit of maximizing and twisting I could get 2 schools to 14% cost and a third school to 40% cost.

With the chest piece, I'd be getting only +18% (instead of +29) with 10% mana regen, compared to +73% mana regen (20*3.65) if I used one of the two chest slots for pure regen. Hmm... this also leaves me looking for good hands & feet slots (shield is pretty well marked for +block and +resist magic, unless there's one of those "something that looks better on paper than in practice" things I need to know about).
    Actually, don't bother with Conj/Regen. Only the regen gets multiplied, so they tend to suck. Just stuff another Fortify in there.
    Also, don't forget to make a full set of Fortify Smithing/Alch, and potions to match. Results in effective 875 smithing skill. That lets you max out your armor value in Dragonhide with no armor perks (or anything better than Steel, actually, as long as you have the smithing perk). It also makes your weapons pretty ridiculous (+46 base damage, which is triple to quadruple damage, depending on the weapon)
    Last edited by Arbitrarity; 2012-03-15 at 12:38 AM.

5. - Top - End - #1115
    Ettin in the Playground

Do you guys wonder if Dragonborn shouts (Unrelenting Force) are rip off from D&D Shout spell? OR if Wizards decide to put thrown across the room power to shout spell (people says that 4 e is more like WoW).
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Apple Jack's parents

6. - Top - End - #1116
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

No, not particularly at all, ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

7. - Top - End - #1117
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

As Arbitrarity points out, the discount/regen enchant is a bad choice, because the skill bonuses to effect only apply to the mana regen, whose full effect is only applied out of combat.

At 100 enchanting and your centerline perks all chosen, you can put 2 effect on any one piece, as long as they're not different, as TheEmerged says. Each fortify school enchant will be 25% (max skill, centerline perks, grand soul), before taking Fortify Enchanting potions. So four pieces of fortify school will reduce that school's mana costs to zero, making mana regeneration (as well as any characteristic increases to mana) totally redundant for that school.

As for fortify block, given that you can quite easily cap out your physical resistance through armour (567 worn armor rating gives 85%), with the right investments into enchanting and smithing perks, in virtually any suit of armour, I'd say that the marginal gain from fortify block is amazingly low. Instead, I'd drop fortify health and resist magic on the shield, ensuring that you're capped for magic resist and just generally tougher.

Having played a dual weilder and seen how invulnerable you become with maxed armour, maxed magic resist and high health, I don't even know I'd bother to perk blocking at all. Vanilla bash is usually all you need to stagger enemies trying to power attack you, and at that point, all you're carrying the shield for is another enchant slot and bonus armour.

8. - Top - End - #1118
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by t209 View Post
    Do you guys wonder if Dragonborn shouts (Unrelenting Force) are rip off from D&D Shout spell? OR if Wizards decide to put thrown across the room power to shout spell (people says that 4 e is more like WoW).
    Seriously? Not everything in Skyrim has to be based off something DnD related.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM

9. - Top - End - #1119
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    Seriously? Not everything in Skyrim has to be based off something DnD related.
    Oh Well, I just will just ask the difference between Shout Spell and Unrelenting Force. I know that they are voice based attack.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Apple Jack's parents

10. - Top - End - #1120

BlackDragon

Shout does sonic damage to a target. Unrelenting Force throws a target backwards but doesn't necessarily damage it (unless it falls off a cliff). Other than them both having a vague association with the mouth area, not seeing much of a link there. (And along similar lines, this clearly means that Soul Trap is a ripoff of the D&D spell Soul Bind since they both have the word "Soul" in their names... ).

11. - Top - End - #1121
    Firbolg in the Playground

You should've just said that skyrim's fireball is based on dnd's fireball

And flames is definitely based on burning hand!

Hmm... power attack? Is skyrim's power attack is based on dnd's power attack?

Wait, both game also have 'stealth' skill. And they're also used in roughly the same manner, to sneak around undetected!

The point is, there's something called convergent evolution.
    You got Magic Mech in My Police Procedural!
    In this forum, Gaming is Serious Business, and Anyone Can Die. Not even your status as the Ensemble Darkhorse can guarantee your survival.

Disciple of GITP Trope-Fu Temple And Captain of GITP Valkyrie Squadron.
    Spoiler
    Show

The OTP in the playground.
    Awesome Elizabeth Shelley by Hollamer
    My Gallery/My Star Wolves 3 LP

12. - Top - End - #1122
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

As Arbitrarity points out, the discount/regen enchant is a bad choice, because the skill bonuses to effect only apply to the mana regen, whose full effect is only applied out of combat.

At 100 enchanting and your centerline perks all chosen, you can put 2 effect on any one piece, as long as they're not different, as TheEmerged says. Each fortify school enchant will be 25% (max skill, centerline perks, grand soul), before taking Fortify Enchanting potions. So four pieces of fortify school will reduce that school's mana costs to zero, making mana regeneration (as well as any characteristic increases to mana) totally redundant for that school.

As for fortify block, given that you can quite easily cap out your physical resistance through armour (567 worn armor rating gives 85%), with the right investments into enchanting and smithing perks, in virtually any suit of armour, I'd say that the marginal gain from fortify block is amazingly low. Instead, I'd drop fortify health and resist magic on the shield, ensuring that you're capped for magic resist and just generally tougher.

Having played a dual weilder and seen how invulnerable you become with maxed armour, maxed magic resist and high health, I don't even know I'd bother to perk blocking at all. Vanilla bash is usually all you need to stagger enemies trying to power attack you, and at that point, all you're carrying the shield for is another enchant slot and bonus armour.
    Block actually stacks multiplicatively with armor, which is VERY useful. Cutting damage to 3% from 20% is great, especially considering, say, Draugr Death Lords deal something like 300 base damage with arrows on Master. You can shrug that off while blocking, but if you try to tank it, even at armor cap, it chunks your health a fair bit. Of course, you don't need to perk block at all to hit the block cap, with an enchantment, so meh.
    Mind you, I still don't really get that much use out of it. Mostly good for tanking Dragon fire, though I bet Spellbreaker will come in handy when I pick it up.

13. - Top - End - #1123

By the way, for beginners, what are the easiest way to get money in Skyrim?
    In this forum, Gaming is Serious Business, and Anyone Can Die. Not even your status as the Ensemble Darkhorse can guarantee your survival.

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #1124
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fri View Post
    By the way, for beginners, what are the easiest way to get money in Skyrim?
    At low levels, find a Woodcutter's Axe and a woodchopping block. There are people in various towns who will buy chopped wood for a good price. Also, you can use it to upgrade basic bows.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

15. - Top - End - #1125
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    At low levels, find a Woodcutter's Axe and a woodchopping block. There are people in various towns who will buy chopped wood for a good price. Also, you can use it to upgrade basic bows.
    Definitely. Patience is needed, but you can get UNLIMITED money chopping wood. Especially handy when you try to buy good starting gear at the beginning.
    Blizzard Battletag: UnderDog#21677

Shepard: "Wrex! Do we have mawsign?"
    Wrex: "Shepard, we have mawsign the likes of which even Reapers have never seen!"

16. - Top - End - #1126
    Titan in the Playground

Not to make an argument here, but if you delve into the Elder Scrolls lore the entire series is actually derived from PnP games played by several of the original creators. And Ultima Underworld.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Develop...Scrolls_series

Under influences.

17. - Top - End - #1127

Isn't ultima underworld is basically influencing all 3d adventure games beyond that? Tomb rider, elder scroll, you name it.

Aand okay, I'll put the idea of becoming a fulltime woodchopper in my head. After that, any other way to make money in skyrim? Like, I mean, after you chop enough wood to get good starting gear and gain a few level, I guess.

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #1128
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

As the others suggested, upgrading the stuff you find (bows etc) is worth some coin -- there's a reason smithing is probably going to be my second skill to cap out. I also made a fair bit of coin just bulk-producing low-end weapons & armor from the stuff I got walking from place & killing the elks/bears/foxes.

The bulk my my money right now has come from a single clean sweep of a dwarven ruin - the one for the college quest (Nzufelt or something like that). Yes, it took me 4-5 runs with a follower to get everything out. I still have over a hundred bars of dwarven ore to work through, too. Combine that with my recently-earned Banish enchant and the Conjuration perk that has turned me into a soul-stealing machine, and I can't sell those now>2k gold bows fast enough.

In other news, scored the Muffle and Speech enchants so that leaves Resist Disease, Resist Poison, Water Breathing, and some obscure "off of one item" type enchants for my collection. I used the first Grand Soul from my Black Star to make a +20% alchemy ring I don't want to do too much yet, since I'm 2 pts of Enchant Skill shy of the +100% perk.
    • Talk less; say more.
    • George R.R. Martin, Kirkman, and Joss Whedon walked into a bar. There were no survivors.

19. - Top - End - #1129
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah. Even if you don't perk Smithing, making stuff with all the hides you get from random animals is good. Hide gear and random potions/poisons you make (but have no use for) are a source of money that nearly builds up on its own.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

20. - Top - End - #1130
    Ettin in the Playground

When I first played Skyrim (the only WRPG I played), I found the unique things.
    1. The Empire is not portrayed as Star Wars Galactic Empire. They're pretty Benevolent even though they sold out their own emperor god instead of keep fighting (sold out redguards who kicked the high elves asses after leaving Titus "The Man") but The Riverwood Blacksmiths said that The Empire ignore their Emperor god worship
    Spoiler
    Show
    Until Ulfric started his rebellion in skyrim.

2. The rebels are like Viking William Wallace and Rebel alliance but their tactics also weakened the crumbling empire. They're also racist
    Spoiler
    Show
    Their leader is an unwitting pawn to the elves. Possible to end them like Azurite Resistance in 827 except I soultrap Galmar Stonefist (is it possible to use atronach to execute Ulfric?)

3. Evil Elves that is all.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Apple Jack's parents

21. - Top - End - #1131
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Arbitrarity View Post
    Block actually stacks multiplicatively with armor, which is VERY useful. Cutting damage to 3% from 20% is great, especially considering, say, Draugr Death Lords deal something like 300 base damage with arrows on Master. You can shrug that off while blocking, but if you try to tank it, even at armor cap, it chunks your health a fair bit. Of course, you don't need to perk block at all to hit the block cap, with an enchantment, so meh.
    Mind you, I still don't really get that much use out of it. Mostly good for tanking Dragon fire, though I bet Spellbreaker will come in handy when I pick it up.
    It's true that block stacks multiplicatively with armour, but that doesn't mean it's worth doing. So to take your 300 base damage arrow example, you'll take 60 damage. Sure, max blocking will knock another 51 points off that, making your character functionally immortal. Except that blocking precludes attacking with your weapon, and your Draugr Deathlord will drop in a few hits of that weapon.

And the tradeoff to enchanting for block is that you're passing up the other two choices I recommended as better: Magic Resist and Health. Given that magic/elemental attacks hit harder and are harder to avoid than your Draugr Deathlord shooting arrows, and that Magic Resist is harder to cap, I don't think anyone is going to argue that that's the no-brainer pick for the shield. So it really comes down to health vs. blocking. So, at capped 80% armor reduction, the blocking enchant will shave off 51 points of your putative 300 damage arrow. But since 80% armor also quintuples the effect of a health enchant, the 62 health you get from the health enchant counts as 310 health added to your base, meaning your Draugr Deathlord needs to stick you 6 times with before you're at break-even. I don't know about you, but I have no intention of letting him live that long, and even if he does, getting that 62 health back is just a matter of quaffing a single health potion. And most importantly, extra health just WORKS, all the time, versus physical and elemental damage.

22. - Top - End - #1132
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Doesn't Unarmed scale worse than everything ever?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhBiNx749Zw That's why only vikings can handle it.

Hey guys, I've been playing Skyrim for about a month.

I

*disappears into the shadows*
    ____

23. - Top - End - #1133
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonAngel View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhBiNx749Zw That's why only vikings can handle it.

Hey guys, I've been playing Skyrim for about a month.

I

*disappears into the shadows*
    I thought it is better with Thundercats.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Apple Jack's parents

24. - Top - End - #1134
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

It's true that block stacks multiplicatively with armour, but that doesn't mean it's worth doing. So to take your 300 base damage arrow example, you'll take 60 damage. Sure, max blocking will knock another 51 points off that, making your character functionally immortal. Except that blocking precludes attacking with your weapon, and your Draugr Deathlord will drop in a few hits of that weapon.

And the tradeoff to enchanting for block is that you're passing up the other two choices I recommended as better: Magic Resist and Health. Given that magic/elemental attacks hit harder and are harder to avoid than your Draugr Deathlord shooting arrows, and that Magic Resist is harder to cap, I don't think anyone is going to argue that that's the no-brainer pick for the shield. So it really comes down to health vs. blocking. So, at capped 80% armor reduction, the blocking enchant will shave off 51 points of your putative 300 damage arrow. But since 80% armor also quintuples the effect of a health enchant, the 62 health you get from the health enchant counts as 310 health added to your base, meaning your Draugr Deathlord needs to stick you 6 times with before you're at break-even. I don't know about you, but I have no intention of letting him live that long, and even if he does, getting that 62 health back is just a matter of quaffing a single health potion. And most importantly, extra health just WORKS, all the time, versus physical and elemental damage.
    Well, I have Block/MR. Since I switch between training 2h, dual wielding, backstabbing, bow, Destruction, and S&S, I suspect health wouldn't be that useful. Not like it matters. I don't even use (very low cost) potions to buff my stats for fights, I forget to use shouts, haven't used racial power in ages. Game is just too easy once you get properly made gear, regardless of difficulty setting. Kinda makes sense though, since if you equip wrong, you die.

25. - Top - End - #1135
    Titan in the Playground

Not me. Shouts have with the exception of sneak attacks, and there an exception for Throw Voice, become a part of my combat style to the point I keep tapping Z while playing New Vegas.

And my favorite racial still has to be the Orc berserk. When it just needs to die. NOW. Though against that Death Lord, combining block, armor and Berserk means it does perhaps four or five damage, and then you can kill it with a single shot.

26. - Top - End - #1136
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Just got the game, and have been playing my first char very RP-Heavy. Loosely-defined backstory and all.

Spoiler
    Show

Adama, Imperial, Warrior-skill focused. Former Imperial Blade, sent to Skyrim off the books to try to destabilize the Stormcloak Rebellion. Name struck from the books, declared dead, Blade gear destroyed/redistributed, the whole deal. Absolutely ready to do anything and everything necessary to accomplish his goal, followed by a quiet life in Imperial Skyrim.

That is, until he got caught sneaking across the border and was sentenced to die for the crime of being near some Stormcloaks while they were doing the same. As a result, he's basically abandoned the mission and fallen in with Ralouf and the people of Riverwood, where he's staying until he figures out what he wants to do with his life. As far as anyone outside of his Blades superior is concerned, he's a nobody, so he can't exactly go back to Cyrodiil with no identity. As of my latest save, he's making a living in Riverwood by chopping wood, hunting, and selling the potions he makes from stuff he harvests.

Loving it so far, and so does my sister. She had me roll up a Wood Elf Rogue today. Could be a while before I get to go back to Adama...
    Before you ask, I didn't know what it meant when I put it in my username. Do NOT ask.

27. - Top - End - #1137

Was running around the south today on my unarmed character, looking for Autumnwatch Tower to kill the dragon on it. Naturally, I got sidetracked by some guy's shack, who told me to go kill a superskeever. Then it turned out there was a way up the mountain behind the shack, so I followed that, and after engaging in battle with a Blood Dragon and a Draugr Death Overlord (who used up all of my potions!) I followed the rest of the path, climbing a bunch of stairs and towers to get...Withershins, which I already read and didn't get the bonus. What a letdown.

Then I fast-travelled back to Autumnwatch, thinking I had already killed that dragon back in the mountains. Nope! Not only was there a new dragon, but Alduin showed up, and was flying around observing how his underling was doing, so there were two dragons swooping around. Pretty epic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

28. - Top - End - #1138
    Ettin in the Playground

Interesting glitch I've discovered. However spoilers on the Dark brotherhood quest.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ok so after you complete Innocence lost, and get kidnapped. once you kill the people in the shack, if you strip them, raise them with a staff of zombies, and then change areas (Walking through a door or gate that loads, fast travel doesn't seem to work.) Their inventory respawns. For as long as you keep raising them.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarZero View Post
    I like the "hobo" in there.
    "Hey, you just got 10000gp! You going to buy a fully staffed mansion or something?"
    "Nah, I'll upgrade my +2 sword to a +3 sword and sleep in my cloak."

Non est salvatori salvator, neque defensori dominus, nec pater nec mater, nihil supernum.

Torumekian knight Avatar by Licoot.

Note to self: Never get involved in an ethics thread again...Especially if I'm defending the empire.

29. - Top - End - #1139
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

And now for the update on Day 5 played.

Smithing remains on pace to be my 2nd skill to 100, thanks to being sent to a second dwarven ruin for one of those "nifty ability" quests (Unfathomable Depths). I've been emptying merchants of iron ingots & ore to keep up with the number of dwarven ingots I need to make bows with. My one-handed skill (the bulk of my damage) is currently in 3rd at 91, with enchanting in the mid-80's. Enchanting will probably be the 3rd skill to 100, though, as I have more control over it...

I'm officially calling the Conjuration perk to automatically soul-trap things with bound weapons a mixed blessing. Has it done wonders for my collection of petty/lesser/common soul gems, and therefore been a boon to my efforts to train Enchanting as well as my bank account? Oh heck yeah. Has it caused my Azura's Star to get stuck with sub-grand souls when I didn't realize I was out of gems? Yes. In fact, I created a sword with the Absorb Stamina enchant explicitly so I'd have something to recharge if that happens again.

Restoration has hit the 'magic' number of 70 for the perk I want (Necromage), and I'm not far from earning the perk point for it. This will, of course, assure that I never run into an undead mob again Okay, yeah, those dragon priests are undead, so maybe I'm due for a Shearpoint rematch...

I nearly doubled my Alchemy score over the last day played, which isn't as impressive as it might sound. I spent my Sunday night gametime going down the list of alchemy reagents and making potions solely in the interest of unlocking all four effects for every ingredient I could. There were 2 I simply didn't have (I understand 1 exists as a single quest drop) and one I messed up on (Daedra Hearts). I have the perk up to +60% and I have the +25% bonus to skill potions perk. I get +86% from +alchemy items right now, and I won't be making more of those until enchanting hits 100.

I'm starting to consider when I should pick the main quest back up. My original plan read: "Get to level 50. Get my main combat skills (Conjuration, One Handed, Light Armor) all to 100 with the capstone perks." Conjuration is there, One Handed is on the way, and 50 could happen just from leveling alchemy right now.

It's Light Armor that's giving me fits at the moment, at all of 75 or so. Apparently I'm doing too good a job of killing things before they hurt me... I've confirmed that this skills up based on the damage dealt (before reduction) not the damage taken (after reduction) from multiple sources. As an experiment last night, I let a bear beat up on me while I healed whenever I got low. This handily got me my last point to the Resto talent (#70), but wasn't as passive as I'd hoped. I got a couple of skillups in Light Armor before a spider joined the fight and killing was called for.

My armor right now is all light, but is something of a hodgepodge (the boots are scaled +sneak, the gloves are glass +lockpicking, the chest is elven +conjure,and the helm is glass +regen) - essentially whatever I've been able to find that is light armor and at least halfway useful. I didn't want to put too much work into it until I had the full spread of perks I wanted.

Well, last dungeon I scored not one, not two, but THREE glass shields. One was Resist Magic, one was Fortify Block, one was blank (for the future!). I was struck with a bit of inspiration, so I did a little checking and right now a fully-improved Elven armor set will have more armor value than I could improve a Glass set to (I don't have the Glass Smithing perk yet, it's planned as a post-50th level perk). I'm pretty sure I have the mats for some Elven pieces stored at home... So I'm thinking of making an Elven set, improving it, enchanting it for +Light Armor, equipping my Glass Shield of Blocking... and finding a bear and letting it beat on me while I read a book or something. I wonder how many Block points I'll get along the way.
    Last edited by TheEmerged; 2012-03-20 at 06:17 PM.
    • Talk less; say more.

30. - Top - End - #1140
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Archpaladin Zousha View Post
    Yeah he rebels against authority. The Empire counts as an authority.
    I forgot to give you a quote from Tiber Septim,
    "The Empire is the law, The law is sacred".
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3