New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 223738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 1478
  1. - Top - End - #1381
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Skyrim IV: Oblivion

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Oni View Post
    I think you're going to have to be a bit clearer in what what you're looking for.

Are you only accepting humans?

Are you after fluff only or actually mechanistically different races?

What skin tone will you accept, as I've seen 'ash black' africans before.
    Yes, Humans!
    Badly drawn helmet avatar drawn by me.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miko Miyazaki, Thanh, Durkon- Order of the Stick
    Krunch- Looking For Group
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Soap Mactavish- Modern Warfare 3
    Sandman- Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost and Roach- Modern Warfare 2
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Carmine Brothers- Gears of War series
    Uriel Septim VII- Elderscrolls Oblivion
    Commander Shepherd- Mass Effect 3
    Ned Stark- Song of Ice and Fire
    Apple Jack's parents

2. - Top - End - #1382
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by TheEmerged View Post
    The "Civil War" chain is starting to appeal to me now that I've finished the main quest. I usually put Thieves' Guild and Dark Brotherhood off to last anyway in these games. Given that I'm all-but-committed to a second 'cheater' character, I think what I'll do is go Empire on this character and Stormcloak on the 'cheater'. Why Empire? Because frankly Uhlric torqued me off during the cease-fire talks during the main quest. I caught myself wanting to fanfiction what my character *really* said, which is never a good sign.

Obviously, I would suck as a diplomat
    Quote Originally Posted by Basil Zachary (My Character)
    Now, the way I see it, there are three ways this meeting can go. My personal favorite is if you both show some real leadership and put the "World Eater" before your petty bickering. The other option is that I kill whoever leaves this table first, then proceed to burn their armies to the ground. Maybe you've heard of me, maybe you think you know what I'm capable of. You'd be wrong.

Oh, the third option? Well, I'm hoping at least one of you has the stones to be a proper leader. If not, we'll start from scratch.

So... who wants to help me kill a god?
    Obviously, I would rock as a diplomat.
    Spoiler: My inventory:
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Jammy Dodger (I was promised tea)
    1 Godwin Point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairos Theodosian
    It appears someone will have to saddle my goat, for we now must ride out in glorious battle.

3. - Top - End - #1383
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Calemyr View Post
    Obviously, I would rock as a diplomat.
    I would have loved that. I just wanted to tell Ulfric to sit down, shut up and stop acting like a greedy little **** before I put half a dozen arrows through his thick head.
    "Elephant trunks should be used for elephant things only. Nothing else."

Thank you Geomancer for the Death avatar.

My lets plays:
    Alien vs Predator: marine chapter - Completed
    Singularity - Canceled

4. - Top - End - #1384
    Ettin in the Playground

Wow, I notice that Most OOTS members are pro Imperials.
    Edit: Do you think Ulfric is Viking version of Lelouch (Both are morally ambiguous)?
    Last edited by t209; 2012-05-05 at 12:17 AM.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Apple Jack's parents

5. - Top - End - #1385
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by t209 View Post
    Wow, I notice that Most OOTS members are pro Imperials.
    Edit: Do you think Ulfric is Viking version of Lelouch (Both are morally ambiguous)?
    This makes no sense. OOTS doesn't even have an Empire even closely resembling the one in Skyrim.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

6. - Top - End - #1386
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    This makes no sense. OOTS doesn't even have an Empire even closely resembling the one in Skyrim.
    I mean Forum Members! I should have said Giantitp.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Apple Jack's parents

7. - Top - End - #1387
    Titan in the Playground

I mean Forum Members! I should have said Giantitp.
    Ah. That makes better sense.

But for some reason, I thought most here supported the stormcloaks.

8. - Top - End - #1388
    Firbolg in the Playground

So...I wrote a little fanfic vignette. And I feel kinda unclean about it, really, but I suppose this is the place to share. Jalrissa here is a Dunmer female, and the rest...should be self-explanatory. Warning: liberties have been taken with portrayals of NPCs and combat.

Pragmatism
    The Enemy of my Enemy is my Friend

Spoiler
    Show
    It's too damn cold here. It's too damn cold in this entire province. I want to go home, but I can't be caught trying to cross the border again.

The damn Legionnaire is trying to talk to me. I guess I'd better pay attention.

"Once more into the breach, eh Jalrissa?" he says as I creep up to his position behind a large stone. The fort we're supposed to be taking is ahead, up the mountain from us. His name starts with an 'H', I remember that much, but I wasn't paying much attention when I first met him and I've developed nothing but contempt for him since. I vaguely hope he dies so I can stop having to listen to him.

"I suppose so," I say quietly. "The Legate said this one was going to be complicated. What do you have for me?"

He points up the mountain, "Up that way is a grate that we think leads directly into the prisons. If you can get in there, you can take out the Stormcloaks inside and free the prisoners to coincide with our assault."

Stealth. Finally, an Imperial who speaks my language. A ghost of a smile crosses my lips, making the man in front of me laugh lightly.

"Are you ever going to wear your uniform, Jalrissa? All that black makes you look like some kind of assassin."

The ghost of a smile broadens, "All the better to make those Stormcloaks fear me then, eh?"

He gives me a nervous chuckle as I settle against the rock next to him and put on a blanket. He looks at me, puzzled, and says, "What do you think you're doing?"

"Waiting until nightfall. Tell your men not to disturb me or I start cutting out tongues."

Quickly and easily despite the cold, I drift off to sleep.

I dream of fire, of the Sanctuary burning, of the screams of my Brotherhood. I can taste smoke and feel the sting of sword wounds and the hard, cold body of the Night Mother pressing against me as I shelter in her coffin like a rat.

I am there, and I am elsewhere, opening the throat of the Oculus agent responsible for harming my brothers and sisters. As I send him into the Void, I feel a sense of cold satisfaction.

I am on board the Emperor's sailing vessel, speaking to a man many would kill for just to get a chance to meet. I am here to kill him, and I am very surprised that he seems intent on letting me. He says that he knows the way of emperors and assassins. He asks me to kill the man who hired me.

I am far away, in a cheap tavern in a strange city. My employer has just given me the payment I was promised, information on a dead drop containing twenty thousand septims. In return, I give him a knife, burying it to the hilt in his skull. The look of incomprehension on his face is curious, and I think about it for awhile.

I am in the new Sanctuary, thinking about the nature of assassins, of law and order and the people whose place it is to oppose us. I hear one of the students complain bitterly about the Empire and I think.

I am all of these places. I am none of them. Perhaps it is fitting that my dreams go dark places, or perhaps they are simply the only place outside of the Sanctuary where I can truly be honest. Perhaps they are a gift from Sithis. There is much I do not care to know.

I am training an apprentice, and I have slapped her for speaking ill of the Empire. She looks at me with that same confused face I saw once before, and I say quietly to her, "Killers for hire do not thrive in states ruled by chaos. The Empire opposes chaos."

Months later, I am in Solitude, the city that I have shamed so many times with my arts of stealth and murder. I am speaking to a man who knows me only as a prisoner lucky enough not to be executed. He is asking for my oath to serve the Emperor with my life. I say to him, "I swear," and incline my head with great solemnity. Perhaps I even mean it.

My 'friend' shakes me awake. I restrain the automatic reflex to attack and open one eye to be sure it's him. The stars twinkle at me from the clear sky above. Damn, I'd been hoping for some cloud cover for this.

"Try not to make any noise," he advises me, and I hold a hand up to silence him.

"I trust you to do your job. Trust me to do mine," I say quietly as I get up into a low crouch. I stretch a little, staring at him with a flat expression, "An Imperial's idea of stealth is not blowing the horn before you fire the catapults, so I'm not about to take your advice on it."

He chuckles, "Fair enough. How will we know the battle is joined?"

I smile cruelly, "When they start noticing how many of them are already dead."

It isn't much warmer in the prison than it is outside. Don't these damn Nords know how to build anything? I slip out of the grate tunnel and land silently on the stone floor, glad it isn't wood but cursing the fool that didn't include wood. Wood makes noise, helps you detect intruders. Whoever this architect was, I hope Sithis is tormenting him eternally.

I draw my bow and string it quietly, then rest an arrow on the string. Padding quietly, I put my head around the corner and see two Stormcloaks standing at an idle guard on opposite sides of one room. I draw the arrow back smoothly, take aim, and let the string fall off of my fingers; the force of the shot sends the arrow into the soft, unprotected neck-flesh of one of the Stormcloaks, and he falls forward into a loose pile of straw.

"I told you you shouldn't drink so much!" his companion exclaims in exasperation. When he goes over to help, another arrow sends him, too, into the Void. I move in closer, checking the corners of the room with a quick sweep of the eyes, and pluck the key rings from their waists, sliding both into pouches in my belt. Stairs invite me to move upwards, but I check the balconies first and find that my professionalism is rewarded - another Stormcloak is eating dinner at a table.

My arrow pins the apple to the inside of his mouth, half-bitten and bleeding juice. The shot doesn't kill him, but choking out on his own blood and the fruit certainly does.

I creep up the stairs and find a hallway with weapon racks and shelves bolted to the walls. Heading down it takes me to a storage room and a new set of stairs that goes downwards. I move down it patiently, careful to avoid crunching on the light snow that's blown inside onto it, and peer around the corner. A Stormcloak is almost on me, but I have enough time to draw my knife, rise, and drive it into his eye before he can react. I catch him before he falls and lower him gently to the ground before extracting my blade.

I bent the tip. Damn. That's going to take forever to fix.

There are no more guards that I can find, and the cells are just another room away, so I step through and begin unlocking the doors. "Didn't expect to see a Dunmer here," one of them quips, earning him a slap on the shoulder from me. I point to the racked weapons and armor and wait while the prisoners dress.

"We're going to attack the fort from the inside," I explain quietly as they strap on the last of their armor. "You men punch through directly, I'll follow up behind and take out the archers on the walls. Stay quiet if you can. If you can't, at least be very loud. I can't survive being filled with holes any more than you can."

They nod and we creep to the door of the fort, opening it gently and letting a harsh wind inside the prison. Of course, it's just our luck that one of the Stormcloaks is looking right at us and screams, "Prison break!" before one of my men sends him to the Void.

"Kill them all," I say quietly before turning sharply left to do my job.

Assassins cannot thrive in chaos.

I take cover behind a crate and feel a barrage of arrows slam into it, but I can't reply because there are Stormcloaks on this side of the keep charging at me. I grit my teeth as a dozen blades converge on me, suck in a breath, and summon the power of the Thu'um within my blood. The dragon-tongue sings in my veins with addictive intensity, needing only the Voice to shape it, and I scream out the words of my intention - "Fus ro da!" The Shout picks up the Nords and hurls them off of the battlements, and I smile darkly as I hear bones snapping and the screams of dying men.

I draw back on my bow, rise from cover, and snap a shot off. A helmeted Stormcloak from across the fort is very surprised as the arrow leaps into his eye-slit and ends his life, but I can't savor the kill because everything is moving much, much too fast. The attack on both fronts is filled with blood and gore and screams, and I can't process all of it at once. I sling my bow over my shoulders and draw my knives, feeling the comfort of their hilts in my hands. I roll forward to avoid a trio of arrows and come up behind a Stormcloak archer taking aim at one of my men. A quick push of the shoulder sends him tumbling down to the battle below, where he lands on one of his fellows. Both die instantly.

Assassins do not thrive in chaos, because we require secrecy. Chaos makes secrecy irrelevant, puts all of your enemies out in the open. When 'do as thou wilt' is the only law, we wither and starve, a redundant service in a world where murder is only technically a crime. There is no secrecy on this battlefield, and it is no place for an assassin.

I take an arrow in the shoulder and the force knocks me back. I go with it, let it spin me to the ground, and tear it out roughly. It hurts and sends bright spots swimming in front of my eyes, but I can't have it stuck in me when I drink my potion. The healing brew is bitter and foul but it works, staunching the flow of my life's blood and filling me with vigor. I crawl a few feet before springing up and sprinting along the wall. The Stormcloak I'm running at thinks I'm charging him and raises his shield to receive me, but I spin around him and sink my knife into the back of his neck, and I feel the Blade of Woe drink his life. I grab him and use his armored body to absorb a few more arrows and grit my teeth in angry rage.

This is not what I am supposed to be doing, and these clumsy oafs may well be the death of me if I continue like this.

"Lucien, kill them," I order harshly, and the ghost forms at my side. I point at the archers on the battlements and he nods once, charging forward in utter silence. I hop off of the battlement onto a stack of crates and from there leap onto the back of a charging Stormcloak. Two knives descend into either side of his neck, and I literally tear his throat out. Blood flies across the snow and is then lost in the crimson already painted all over the ground.

I am no stranger to the scent of death but this isn't it. Death is a small, quiet smell - a coppery tang, mixed with the smells of the body's last few convulsions. This is not death. This is slaughter, a charnel house just like the last two forts I helped take. I look at my cheering men, and then look away. Their barbarism disgusts me.

"Victory for the Empire, eh Jalrissa? Jal? Are you alright?"

"I need to report," I reply, not looking at whatever-his-name is. "Hail the Emperor."

As I walk away I hear his confused, "Hail the Emperor." He thinks I am his friend.

I am the Listener. I have many things - a family, a Mother, a Lord, wealth, power, and allies.

But I have no friends. Only allies, and tools. I have not hidden that fact from him, and his repeated attempts to be warm with me only confuse and frustrate me. I briefly consider killing him myself and weigh it against the oath I made to the General.

I sheathe my blade and keep walking away. I need to set a good example, even if no one that matters can see me. Assassins cannot thrive in chaos, and discipline starts at the top.

The night swallows me as I leave my men behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Wow! Not only was that awesome, I think I actually kinda understand Archeron now. If all the "intermediate" outer planes got that kind of treatment, I doubt there would be anywhere near as many critics of their utility.
    My extended homebrew sig

9. - Top - End - #1389
    Titan in the Playground

Yes, Humans!
    I did ask another two questions about your requirements...

Are you after fluff only or actually mechanistically different races?

What skin tone will you accept, as I've seen 'ash black' africans before.

10. - Top - End - #1390
    Ettin in the Playground

I did ask another two questions about your requirements...
    I was trying to find RPGS that avert the "Human are White" Trope (Any skin tones, as long as it is not drow and non realistic skin color (Blue, green and orange).
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Apple Jack's parents

11. - Top - End - #1391
    Titan in the Playground

Well, a large portion of RPGs now have character generators, meaning that you can make your player black if you want.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM

12. - Top - End - #1392
    Titan in the Playground

Well, a large portion of RPGs now have character generators, meaning that you can make your player black if you want.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM

13. - Top - End - #1393
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

True, but the people in the world are rarely black - such that they're token examples, such as Dynaheir and Valygar from the Baldur's Gate trilogy, if they even appear at all. T209 makes a fair point, I think. That said, a lot of it has to do with setting. The whole melting pot philosophy, where race isn't considered equivalent to nationality, is a fairly modern idea. Even today it isn't fully matured or integrated into society. Fantasy games are usually representative of eras where any racial intermingling in the real world was the result of conquest, such as the Moors in Spain. Even the Elder Scrolls games display that mindset - the Empire itself pays little attention to race, but the splinter factions (the Thalmor and Stormcloaks, but also the Ashlanders of Morrowind) almost exclusively define themselves by it.

On a completely different topic, I was just looking to start up a fresh game of Skyrim. (Quinn, a Breton arcane monk who specializes in fisticuffs and magic.) As I was trying to pick out the stable of followers I might use this time around, it got me wondering what were the most popular ones. So I want to ask: What followers are your favorites (modded or vanillia)?

Here are mine. I image some of them will be pretty common choices. I tend towards the female followers - not only do I find them to be more interesting, the modding community does more to make them even more so.
    Spoiler
    Show

Lydia - One of the few followers that actually has a place in the story itself. As a housecarl, she's a tank and quite effective, but also easy on the eyes and ears. Given her relative importance, however, she has a lot of bugs tied to her...

Aela - A lot like Lydia, Aela's a fairly pleasing lass. Unlike Lydia, however, she's a stealthy sort who is very good with bows, light weapons, and light armor. Of course, not every dragonborn is a match for the Companions, which can easily lock her away if you're a roleplayer.

Illia - Very powerful, but also pretty bugged, this reforming witch has a lot of frost magic backing her up. Of course, frost magic isn't a great option for fighting undead or half the dragons, but most of the time enemies fall quickly and bristling with icicles. Probably one of the more interesting followers in the game, backstory-wise, but the bugs make her hard to keep around for long.

Mjoll - I can never tell whether I'm fascinated with the Lioness's constant commentary or annoyed by it. The fact that you can't recruit her until you're in the mid-teens is also slightly annoying, albeit only slightly. She's a great combatant and an outspoken companion, though.

Farkas - It's a pity he's so bugged. Farkas has got to be one of the coolest guys in Skyrim - powerful, friendly, and loyal. A bit simple, but completely okay with that. Unfortunately his class and AI keep telling him he's two very different things, rather curtailing his effectiveness.

Cicero - Never played him myself - I always destroy the brotherhood, my brother always sides with them. His voice and style are very interesting, and his re-introduction as a recruitable follower is priceless ("Just screwing with ya!") Not worth becoming a nihilistic murderer for, however.

Faendal - I don't really like Faendal any more than Sven, but at least the bosmer is useful - both as a trainer and an archer. I usually take him with me after the Golden Claw, and then leave him to flirt with his girl.

The Dogs - The dogs rock, especially if you have a mod that makes them essential. It's just a pity Vigilance isn't yours, Stray is unreliable, Barbas is annoying, and Meeko is hamstrung by a low level cap.

Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Godwin Point.

It appears someone will have to saddle my goat, for we now must ride out in glorious battle.

14. - Top - End - #1394

I....don't use followers. I honestly never understood the appeal of having someone around all the time cramping your style, but then again I've always been a sneaky sort of person, and they have a tendency to engage well before I'm ready to. I like my ambushes planned.

Wow! Not only was that awesome, I think I actually kinda understand Archeron now. If all the "intermediate" outer planes got that kind of treatment, I doubt there would be anywhere near as many critics of their utility.
    My extended homebrew sig

15. - Top - End - #1395
    Titan in the Playground

I never had any followers. But that's because I was afraid that taking them with me would be a death sentence on their part. So I always went alone and killed EVERYTHING!!!!

16. - Top - End - #1396
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

I tried using followers, but found that they got in my way more often than they helped. It also annoyed me the way they'd run right into damaging obstacles and then turn on me as though it were my fault. As such, I've mainly used them to help me carry loot back to town if a second trip back to the dungeon was warranted -- I've heard Lydda's moan about being sworn to carry my burdens until I got sick of it, actually
    • Sometimes, the knights are the monsters
    • The main problem with the world? So many grownups, not enough adults.
    • Talk less; say more.
    • George R.R. Martin, Kirkman, and Joss Whedon walked into a bar. There were no survivors.
    • Current Project: Fallout 4 "nerd" build (3/7/2/2/9/3/2, PER 9 after boosts)

17. - Top - End - #1397
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Yeah, I've been running around solo as well. I've considered making token available companions and outfitting them, but haven't really felt it.

I'll note that J'zargo is the best-scaling companion in the game. He continues to get stronger right up to the level cap, while Lydia and the other housecarls only scale to 50, and others scale to 30 or 40.

18. - Top - End - #1398
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

I'm an avid fan of mods, though. It's not hard to find a mod that makes your allies essential or removes their level cap or rearrange their skill setup.

Personally, I find the followers to be unnecessary, but they also add something to the game in my book. A much absent feeling of not being alone. Some settings are enhanced by desolate isolation, but Skyrim never felt like that for me. Besides there's not a great deal to differentiate your character normally (you're pretty much the omni-hero in any case), so it's your choice of companions/spouses that really add some much needed definition to the dovahkiin.

It should be said that compatibility is a fairly important thing, here. A thief/assassin/sniper wouldn't want to take Lydia along, as she's got no stealth. Aela, Cicero, Eola, and Faendal all have good amounts of sneak skill, with Aela and Cicero capping at level 50 and Eola and Faendal at 30. Not that it matters much to a mod-user. Brelyna, Marcurio, Adelaisa, and Ogol all have it as a minor focus as well, though they all cap at 30.
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Godwin Point.

19. - Top - End - #1399

Well, to be fair, I've imagined my one-and-only Skyrim character as kind of a loner anyway - just read the snippet to see why. She's not really people-friendly, so the isolation helps me along.

My extended homebrew sig

20. - Top - End - #1400
    Ettin in the Playground

Do you think Dawnguard will have cavalry warfare?
    P.S- How many of you said goodbye to this part (0:49)
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Apple Jack's parents

21. - Top - End - #1401
    Titan in the Playground

I hope so, though like always, I'm not expecting it until I've been playing a month or so. I'd love to see mounted combat. I've had a couple characters who for RP reasons would have worked well with mounted combat.

It'd also make Wars in Skyrim, or Civil Wars more playable. Particularly the latter.

22. - Top - End - #1402
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Triaxx View Post
    It'd also make Wars in Skyrim, or Civil Wars more playable. Particularly the latter.
    Wars in Skyrim has been removed from the nexus, which is a shame because I lost it from NMM somehow.

Did anyone have any of the latest versions of Wars in Skyrim saved on their computers? Since I have a copy of version 4 difficulty: Dark Rainbow, Heroes and Villains easy. Which I don't think is the newest version.
    My extended signature.
    Thanks to the wonderful Ceika for my signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chained Birds View Post
    Just one of those guys vs girls things. Guys like giant, fighting robots that shoot lazerz out their eyes while girls like pretty jewelry that sparkle in the moonlight after having a romantic interlude with a charming gentleman.

Completely sexist, yes! Completely true, pretty much...
    I have Steam cards and other stuff! I am selling/trading them.

23. - Top - End - #1403
    Titan in the Playground

Didn't know that. Then again, I seem to recall hearing something about there being a major bug with it, so he removed it to fix the bug. Might be wrong.

On followers: I tend to go two ways on it. If I'm going for sneaky, I don't use them. At all. Mostly because my sneaky characters tend to rely on the ability to sneak up behind enemies and retreat from groups of enemies to engage in sneak mode. Followers seriously disrupt that. Namely Lydia charging straight into the fight instead of hanging back and waiting for me to take out that one super strong enemy. And there's not even a middle ground. It's either wait here, or charge full speed.

On the other hand, as a melee character, I want a follower, for more damage, and distraction and to have someone to help in larger fights.

And as a mage, I need a melee character to come along and stab people in the face and absorb damage for me.

24. - Top - End - #1404
    Ettin in the Playground

Do you guys notice that Stormcloaks are portrayed more as bad guys (Well, grey and dumbass actually) as the story progresses?
    This part haunts me when I played as a nord (to see stormcloak ending)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tulius told Ulfric that their rebellion was stirred up by Thalmor , and they even broke the fourth wall when they talk about moral ambiguity of their intentions.
    Tulius: "We're not the bad guys, you know".
    Ulfric: "You're certainly aren't the good guys either."
    Tulius: "What does it make you?"
    Ulfric: "The same".
    It's even worse when you discover Thalmor Dossier, even though they don't want stormcloaks to win (Tulius was right or might be genre savvy).
    The ending didn't make you feel like a hero since it is heartwrenching to see a general being butchered.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Apple Jack's parents

25. - Top - End - #1405
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

This part haunts me when I played as a nord (to see stormcloak ending)
    Spoiler
    Show

The ending didn't make you feel like a hero since it is heartwrenching to see a general being butchered.
    How is that different from the Imperial ending?

Spoiler
    Show

You get to butcher Ulfric rather than Tullius, but other than that, it plays out pretty much the same way.

26. - Top - End - #1406
    Titan in the Playground

Do you guys notice that Stormcloaks are portrayed more as bad guys (Well, grey and dumbass actually) as the story progresses?
    Of course. I do find it funny when watching so many let's plays where the player takes the execution personally, sides with the Stormcloaks for that reason only, and then are irritated because the game keeps hinting that they made the "wrong" choice.
    Blizzard Battletag: UnderDog#21677

Shepard: "Wrex! Do we have mawsign?"
    Wrex: "Shepard, we have mawsign the likes of which even Reapers have never seen!"

27. - Top - End - #1407
    Ogre in the Playground

Didn't know that. Then again, I seem to recall hearing something about there being a major bug with it, so he removed it to fix the bug. Might be wrong.
    It was removed since the author felt he was flamed and trolled in the comments.

28. - Top - End - #1408
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    How is that different from the Imperial ending?

Spoiler
    Show

You get to butcher Ulfric rather than Tullius, but other than that, it plays out pretty much the same way.
    nah, didn't hit me that much.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Apple Jack's parents

29. - Top - End - #1409
    Titan in the Playground

Ah. Figures. Oh well.

I don't know how you mean wrong choice, but I found the Stormcloak ending far more satisfying than the Imperial one. I suspect it was him saying that elisif would be allowed to remain as Jarl of Solitude, where I figure that Tuillius would have killed her for siding for the opposition if he were in Ulfric's place. Tuillius just strikes me as a worse person for following openly the orders of the SS elves. As opposed to Ulfric supposedly being their agent, something of which we have only their word for.

Interesting fact. If you take long enough early on, Alduin will drop out of the sky, and kill you for taking so long. If you try to shortcut their set piece at the start, Alduin is waiting in the castle courtyard. He can be avoided, but I found it funny.

30. - Top - End - #1410
    Titan in the Playground

Ah. Figures. Oh well.

I don't know how you mean wrong choice, but I found the Stormcloak ending far more satisfying than the Imperial one. I suspect it was him saying that elisif would be allowed to remain as Jarl of Solitude, where I figure that Tuillius would have killed her for siding for the opposition if he were in Ulfric's place.
    Well since siding with the Stormcloaks makes you betray the Arl of Witherun... That alone is enough for me to say no thank you.
    Blizzard Battletag: UnderDog#21677

Shepard: "Wrex! Do we have mawsign?"
    Wrex: "Shepard, we have mawsign the likes of which even Reapers have never seen!"