New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: No Dungeons, Lots of Dragons, Nowhere to Run - IC

The kobold turns his head sideways momentarily, and his one eye focuses on Ezzerach as she speaks. Again, he half smiles and chuckles lightly for a brief second, before bowing slightly.
    "My words to you were not intended as orders. My apologies if they came off as such. I simply seek to organize those whose nature it is to be a independent loner, and get them to work together. If we do not act properly, it would be a tremendous loss for our kind. "

The bat does indeed do what it's told.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Dwarf in the Playground

Tanras has a look of bored disinterest.

"I do not care which direction I go, but would be willing to teleport those interested in coming along with me. My ability to remain disguised is limited, but I have skill in manipulating sounds. This is of course unnecessary, should we attempt a more... direct route of communication."

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well if your ability to remain disguised is limited, then logically you should go with our Radiant friend to the icelands. How does that sound?"

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

Given the lack of response, I am going to assume the volunteers have dried up.

Salazar spends the next 90 minutes trying to coordinate any efforts, and makes sure the message is to be delivered to Windholme on proper schedule. He then finds a quiet place to himself, and casts several persisted buffs upon himself.

He then transforms into a half elf with a eye patch and a cape, casts greater scrying on his familiar (which auto succeeds), and teleports to meet Ezzerach, bringing with any who are interested.

(1d100)[26]

Edit: Hurray! on target
    Last edited by CowMasterTrojan; 2012-02-28 at 11:52 PM.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

To everyone who rolled checks about the areas:

Spoiler
    Show
    Highlands of Sanscarr
    • Home of the famed human air harbours.
    • Before human settlement of the region some five hundred years ago, it was home to two warring archmages who obliterated and reshaped the terrain endlessly before their deaths. Some say, however, that one or even both archmages live on as undead, preparing to renew their war. Little remains of their domains now.
    • Very high non-human tolerance due to the air harbours.
    • Produces air ships for almost the entire world, both magical and mundane.

Ice wastes of Fel’mass
    • Town hall is built around the skeleton of a Great Wyrm White dragon. The people of the town have a fearsome reputation as dragon hunters, and are one of the reasons there are few White Dragons still in the area. There’s also a particularly vindictive white dragon marshalling her forces to obliterate the town of Akae after the death of a number of her offspring.
    • Only one real town, the trading hub of Akae.
    • Scattered communities of nomads roam the waste, along with a number of savage humanoid tribes, including goblins, bugbears, ogres and giants.

Deserts of A’norr’ae
    • Littered with ruins of fallen cities, the deserts surround ore-rich mountains that once were the centre of the civilized world before the winds changed thousands of years ago and the desert swallowed the old empires.
    • Now all that remains are scattered and isolated mining communities hanging on like grim death in the mountains, clustered around the few water sources left.

Elf city of Winholme
    • Known as the city of winds, Winholme is situated where two canyons cross one another and exists in a near-perpetual crosswind.
    • Technological capital of the world; if there’s a new innovation, chances are it was invented in Winholme, and if it wasn’t they certainly made the first copy.

Before you leave on your appointed tasks, Arculos and the other spell casting dragons target you with a spell that they say will shield you from all divinations but their own.

Your delivery missions are successful, and largely uneventful. But the days tick by and there's no word from the real adventurers. In the mean time, you have to put up with a stream of deluded fools and wannabe heroes.

Eventually, though, you're forced to concede that they aren't going to show up. It's time to regroup and figure out your next steps.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aneurin View Post
    To everyone who rolled checks about the areas:

Spoiler
    Show
    Highlands of Sanscarr
    • Home of the famed human air harbours.
    • Before human settlement of the region some five hundred years ago, it was home to two warring archmages who obliterated and reshaped the terrain endlessly before their deaths. Some say, however, that one or even both archmages live on as undead, preparing to renew their war. Little remains of their domains now.
    • Very high non-human tolerance due to the air harbours.
    • Produces air ships for almost the entire world, both magical and mundane.

Ice wastes of Fel’mass
    • Town hall is built around the skeleton of a Great Wyrm White dragon. The people of the town have a fearsome reputation as dragon hunters, and are one of the reasons there are few White Dragons still in the area. There’s also a particularly vindictive white dragon marshalling her forces to obliterate the town of Akae after the death of a number of her offspring.
    • Only one real town, the trading hub of Akae.
    • Scattered communities of nomads roam the waste, along with a number of savage humanoid tribes, including goblins, bugbears, ogres and giants.

Deserts of A’norr’ae
    • Littered with ruins of fallen cities, the deserts surround ore-rich mountains that once were the centre of the civilized world before the winds changed thousands of years ago and the desert swallowed the old empires.
    • Now all that remains are scattered and isolated mining communities hanging on like grim death in the mountains, clustered around the few water sources left.

Elf city of Winholme
    • Known as the city of winds, Winholme is situated where two canyons cross one another and exists in a near-perpetual crosswind.
    • Technological capital of the world; if there’s a new innovation, chances are it was invented in Winholme, and if it wasn’t they certainly made the first copy.

Before you leave on your appointed tasks, Arculos and the other spell casting dragons target you with a spell that they say will shield you from all divinations but their own.

Your delivery missions are successful, and largely uneventful. But the days tick by and there's no word from the real adventurers. In the mean time, you have to put up with a stream of deluded fools and wannabe heroes.

Eventually, though, you're forced to concede that they aren't going to show up. It's time to regroup and figure out your next steps.
    OOC Questions
    Spoiler
    Show
    Just for clarification purposes, our attempt to infiltrate the towns and find more out about the heroes also fails?

Also a point; provided only Ezzerach and Salazar go to Winholme, which is unclear due to lack of responses, does that also indicate that Ezzerach levels the city when the real heroes fail to show up?

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

Infiltration of the towns works fine; unfortunately you can't find anyone who can describe the heroes. Lots of people say they saw them, but no two people can agree on their descriptions. One person even swears they were all wyverns.

Ezzerach could try and raze the city if she likes. It's one of the options available at this point. With that said, I'd sort of prefer it if you all regrouped before starting this for my convenience. Having the party doing different things simultaneously in PbP makes it a little tricky to keep the party in the same time frame sometimes.

I can and will work around this, though, if that is what the character would do.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

Returning to the peak, (Regardless of what Ezzerach does), Salazar approaches Arculos.

"I fear we have wasted more days than we had to spare, and we have nothing to show for our troubles. I hope Io has shown you more luck. Have you learned anything new? Any new leads or information about these... heroes?... humans?... people?... Whatever they are.
    If not, I fear our options grow thin."

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

When you arrive, no-one else you know has shown up yet.

Arculos, when he has time to see you, nods solemnly at your words.

"There is a wyvern recently arrived, who was too late for the meeting. She claims to have met the adventuring group. Perhaps she can tell you more; I have no had time to speak with her myself and have been unable to determine the truth of her claim, but have been directing those seeking the adventurers in her direction. She has taken up residence in one of the dwellings outside of the entrance to this cavern if you wish to speak with her.

"She is Cirkes of the Jeweled Brow and you will know her by her name. She is an elder of her kind and not to be trifled with."

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

"You haven't had time?...." The weary looking kobold says with a bit of anger.
    "Arculos... I don't expect you to explain to me what you're doing, but I expected you were able to prioritize your time better than that. We have been chasing rumors and shadows of misinformation, and you may have had the information we needed right around the corner?!! Look at how many have not returned. Io help us, I hope they still will but for as long as I took, I expected a few more back by now. If we are to solve this, we need to work together. And our kind is failing miserably right now. If you have information that is pertinent to our mission, I expect to be informed somehow! By a sending spell at the very least."

Salazar walks a few steps away, turns his back to Arculos, rubs his eye, and takes a few breaths. "No, I have not forgotten my oath to you. I will not.... my anger will not betray it..." He mumbles to himself. Turning back he once again addresses Arculos.

"My apologies Arculos. I have overstepped my place. I did not mean to offend you... However... what I said still had merit. I will find a Kobold capable of casting sending, and I will make sure he is at your side. If a message needs to come to me, he shall be there to ensure that it does. Please use him. Now If you excuse me, I have much to do before I rest this night."

Salazar bows and excuses himself, wandering off to find a grouping of kobolds. Once he has found such, he casts Dominate Person (DC 26) on 3 different kobolds. They are given the instructions; "Find me a kobold who can cast the spell; sending. Bring them to my bat, who shall remain in this spot. He shall alert me. Please ensure they wait until I return, and then you may return to your tasks. This is a top priority."

Having taken care of that task, he shape changes into a young adult silver dragon. He then travels to the outside dwellings, looking for Cirkes of the Jeweled Brow. He will announce his desire to question her about the adventurers she claims to have met to anyone who seems relevant enough to tell.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

As you try and walk away from Arculos, you find your path blocked by a pair of prismatic wings. You're suddenly afflicted with a sensation of crippling dread, and as you slowly turn, you find yourself nose-to-tooth with Arculos who is now right beside you. He speaks in a soft tone.

"Tell me, little kobold, do you think that you are the only one who is seeking these humans? Do you think that with hundreds of other dragons to co-ordinate in the spellcasting research that I can spare the time to talk to every dragon-kin who comes through here? You are most fortunate that I have found the time to speak to you. I have not had the time to see many others, older and wiser than yourself, such as Cirkes.

"If you wish to keep up to date with the latest happenings here, then I suggest you find someone to do so. I, however, am not yours to command!"

His last words are accompanied by his voice rising to a painful volume.

He snaps out a word of magic and you find yourself stood at the entrance to the cavern, surrounded by a surprised band of kobolds.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

Nice. That is at least on par with what I had heard of you

If Salazar was unable to get his apology out, it will be given the next time he speaks with Arculos. (If he is allowed to).

He still dominates the 3 kobolds and goes looking for Cirkes.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

Arculos didn't stop you leaving until after your apology.

Assuming you're at least a little subtle in your domination attempts, you have no trouble dominating three kobolds and they scurry off on their given tasks.

You find the dwelling places of Cirkes without much trouble, although everyone you speak to warns you not to visit her. You get the feeling she's more than a little temperamental - even more so than her notoriously ill-tempered kind.

You find yourself stood outside of a cave that could easily accomodate several Gargantuan creatures. Far inside outside of the reach of light from the entrance, you can hear something moving.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

Still in the form of the silver dragon, Salazar relies on his darkvision and moves towards the back of the cave where the sounds are coming from.

"Cirkes, I am told you reside here. I mean you no harm, but it is important that I speak with you about the adventures you met. The ones that supposedly stopped Pandorym. Please, it would benefit all our kind if you could help me find them..."

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

As you advance through the cave, you become aware of the growing stink of wyvern - the smell is far stronger than any you have come across before, though.

"Stay where you are, Kobold." a voice hisses from outside the range of your darkvision.

"I have no desire to be disturbed by you or any of the other insufferable fools that crawl over the wretched rock. I have answered interminable questions about the humans that invaded my home, why should I talk to you?"

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

"Impressive, I would not have expected a Wyvern to readily be using true seeing... "

"You need to speak to me about them, because I was sent here by Arculos. I am tasked with finding them. And the survival of our kind may depend on finding them. I will try not to bother you with questions that do not matter. If you tell me what you can of them, perhaps I can even make them pay for forcing you out of your cave. So please... just tell me anything you can that would help me find them. Appearances, mannerisms, names, even the last place you saw them."

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

There is a long silence from the back of the cave and the feeling of intense scrutiny washes over you.

"Little kobold, what makes you think I should tell you just because that stuffy old fool sent you? I have lived my life for many, many years with no interference from another. I have seen my children and my children's children and their children in turn go out into the world and outlived them and more like them.

"In my lifetime I have seen more of this world and others like it than you could possibly imagine. So why, little kobold, do you come here and imply that a group of puny humans could oust me from my roost, and then declare you can punish them in my stead? You are bold, little kobold, but bold and foolish are so close you can cross the line without even realising. I do not tolerate the foolish, and only seldom do I tolerate the bold,"

As if to illustrate the point, a wyvern stinger smashed down into the cave floor just in range of your darkvision. It's bigger than you are.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry for the slow post, been a little distracted these last few days. Should be all clear for a long while now, though.

I also promise that you'll meet some characters that are a little friendlier soon! Also some that are a little more impressed by Epic status, too.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    No worries, I actually somehow managed to miss your post yesterday. I only noticed it because I was going to post again.

On that note; its been a week, so I shall be introducing Blight shortly.

Salazar cast a silent & still Ebon eyes, allowing him to see completely in normal and magical darkness. Just to clarify, the stinger was bigger than salazar in his normal form or in his current form?

"My apologies. You said they invaded your home, which implies you were forced out of it. I am sorry for being so presumptuous. And if you do not care for Arculos, fine. But we need to find out why dragonkind is disappearing. And these adventurers, humans, scum, whatever you want to call them, they very likely have the answers. So I must find them. And right now you are the only one we know of that has any clue about them. So we need you. Dragons everywhere needs you. Do you not care at least some what about your kind? Please, I beg of you. Just tell me what you can of them, and I will be on my way."

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Go for it. He could be heading up to the cave to speak with Cirkes himself or something if you like, Arculos has been sending everyone he speaks to to her.

By the way, the stinger is bigger than a kobold.

Your spell reveals the cavern, which appears to be empty until you notice the gleaming row of gems high up in the air somewhere ahead of you. Then the gems move and you realise what you had taken for part of the cave is actually a colossal stone-coloured wyvern. As it shifts, stone dust cascades from its bulk revealing gleaming brown scales. Along the wyvern's eyeridges you can see a mass of scar tissue where some horrific wound has barely missed Cirkes' eyes and has torn away a swathe of scales. However, the scars are largely covered by a glittering array of gems and false scales made of precious metals.

The wyvern seems to be preening at your reaction. It also seems to be considering something.

After a long period of silence, Cirkes speaks again.

"Go to the North. In the depths of the highlands, you will find the resting places of the two wizards who made that land their own in the years of my youth. I do not guarantee that you will find those you seek, but you may find those who can tell you where they are. Be wary, for the humans have come to live there in recent times, and they are not welcoming of dragon-kin."

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

"Thank you. I shall do my best to find them. I was unaware that any of them had even died. "

Now able to see Cirkes, Salazar bows in the proper direction and turns to leave, then pauses for a second, contemplating something. Turning back around, he clears his throat and speaks once more.

"Do you have any clue what the wizard's names are? It would make the search much easier."

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground

"They have been gone many, many years and even I do not recall their names. Maybe the humans have it in one of their dull, dusty tomes. It should not be hard to unearth something about the Warring Wizards as they are known now,"

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

"My thanks. The warning wizards, it is a name of sorts at least. More than enough. If you should ever need the assistance of a powerful mystic theurge, do not hesitate to ask..."

Again Salazar bows, and walks out. A smile is on his face.
    Finally a lead. And I doubt this old codger would ever call me on the favor anyway. Even if he did, by the time he tried I likely will be dead. Interesting thought, perhaps I should find a loan shark....

Returning to his familiar, he hopefully finds a kobold capable of casting sending. If he does, his instructions are as follows;
    He shakes the kobold's hand, and says "Greetings, you may call me Salazar. I am a powerful mystic theurge that is currently working closely with Arculos. I don't know what kind of duties you are doing now, but it would be very important if you could be reassigned to work with Arculos. I need someone with him basically at ALL times. I am working on finding the solution to our kind's disappearances, and will be gone most of the time. However If Arculos finds out information that is useful to my mission, having a kobold at his side who could have that information to me in 10 minutes would be crucial. I need you, to be that kobold. Can I trust you to help me help our kind survive it's darkest hour?"

Basic information on the kobold would be gained if he was willing so that sending spells could be sent back.

If the Kobold declines, Salazar will lay on the guilt and then request he at least find someone who could do such a job for him.

If such a kobold has not been found yet, Salazar will proceed to go to bed like he had planned anyway, hoping one will be found by then.

Salazar rests and re-memorizes on his divine side, while putting back up the same persisted buffs he was already using. (Among them being shapechange).
    Last edited by CowMasterTrojan; 2012-03-23 at 01:07 AM.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground

When Salazar awake from his sleep, he checks on anything that needs to be checked on. Once this is done, he will send a message to Arculos via a kobold.

'Cirkes has indicated that two wizards of the group are from the highlands. The warring wizards is the only name she knew. I am headed there now to investigate.
    -Salazar'

From there he turns into a wyrmling force dragon, which is translucent in nature and hard to spot. From there he will fly to the highlands. How long is the journey with a fly speed of 250?

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

You did find a kobold waiting. However, the kobolds you dominated had drugged and kidnapped her and left her tied up at your familiar. She is quite co-operative, however, and seems ready to agree to just about anything if you'll just untie her.

Your message to Arculos apparently has no response; at least there isn't one before you depart.

The journey takes you almost a week. As you near the highlands you notice a large amount of air traffic; some mundane airships and hot air balloons, others sleek magical crash, others are bizarre technological innovations. Most of them are heading in one of two directions - the way you're going, or the opposite direction. You guess that they're headed to or from some sort of airport.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

Salazar will cast remove poison on the kobold, untie her and apologize. Hopefully she will be cooperative.

Spoiler
    Show
    Thank goodness for persisted shapechange, or that would have been a long journey.

If you are not opposed, this is where Blight will be entering the scene. I will type a whole bunch of monologue out later

Salazar casts invisibility on himself, shapechanges into a wyrmling shadow dragon (tiny) and lands on one of the airships that appear to be landing. Once it has landed, he shall leave the ship via kobold form and look around.

Casting lore of the gods to know any locations of important note
    Knowledge (local) (1d20+10)[27]
    Last edited by CowMasterTrojan; 2012-03-24 at 11:09 AM.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

The kobold, somewhat grudgingly, accepts.

Spoiler
    Show
    That's fine by me.

The town is built around an immense spire of rock that juts almost vertically from the ground. The houses, homes and businesses are established at the base of the spire, while the walls are given over to airship docking. At the peak of the spire, however, is a very impressive looking building

You learn that the docks are the main focus of Sky City, with most of the city built to support them. There are a number of notable structures, inns, bars and the like around the place. The dockmaster's office is the impressive building on top of the spire, which doubles as the mayor's office - the jobs being synonymous in this city. There is a famous library in the city, the scholars buy up every scrap of information that passes through at premium prices, so it is considered to be one of the best-stocked in the world, despite being less than a century old.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

It occurs to me I forgot about his SLA Shadow walk, a result of his dragonpact with blight. So he would be traveling via the shadow plane to get there, which I suppose makes even more sense that Blight would appear now.

Just some random numbers for you
    Miles traveled in one hour by normal person (30ft move, non hustle)= 3 miles/4.82803 km

Miles traveled in one hour by normal person on shadow plane (30 ft, non hustle)= 50 miles/80.4672 km

Miles traveled in one hour by wyrmling force dragon (250 ft fly, non hustle)= 40 miles/64.3737 km

So assuming 8 hours travel each day, that's 320 miles/514.990 km a day by flight.

Theoretically by flying in the shadow plane, one could move normally.
    So 50 miles shadow/3 normal= 16.67 times normal movement

40 miles flight*16.67 shadow plane speed up=666.67 miles/1072.901 km an hour. Or 5333.33 miles/ 8583.162 km a day.
    o.O

Blight and Salazar meet again
    Spoiler
    Show

"SO.... Kobold! We meet again....." Hissed the quiet voice from the shadows. Although he couldn't see him, Salazar knew immediately who it was.

I Should have expected him to show up if I took the shadow plane Salazar thought.

"Blight, I should have known you would come around eventually. What happened? You were supposed to stay with me on the prime material plane!"

"Your plane... it boors me sometimes.... The shadows may be lifeless for the most part, but they imitate the interesting. An imitation of a interesting thing is always more interesting than the real version of a boring thing"

"Right... well you agreed to help me. That was part of the bet. And right now I need it. So when I exit the shadow plane, you are coming with me"
    Salazar said boldly.

"Kobold, you may be bold while you take that form of a force dragon... but a simple dispel magic and I would tear you to shreds" Laughed the dragon in the shadows.

"Blight! One, you're not a strong enough caster to dispel my magic, and you know better than to disrespect my power like that. Secondly... you wouldn't dare lay a claw on me. Our souls are bonded and it is a key component to stopping your weakness to the sun. You wouldn't dare touch me. Finally, you gave me your word Blight. You told me there was nothing stronger than your word, so no backing out! Come with me, we will be leaving the shadow plane in about 3 hours."

Salazar says this with no sign of fear in his voice, but inside his fears run wild that he has misinterpreted how bold the shadow dragon really is, and he knows it could cost him. But all he gets is cold, red eyes staring at him for several minutes. Finally the dragon concedes that Salazar cannot be bullied, and says "Very well, tell me what interesting things are going on in the prime material plane"

Smiling because he stared a vampiric shadow dragon in the face and didn't even blink, Salazar crosses his arms and begins to speak. He tells blight of the missing dragons, and how a great meeting is being held to protect the remainders. Finally he explains how none came back, and now he is looking for the waring wizards. Blight remains silent for another moment.

"So the race of all dragons are in danger unless you can catch the culprit. Well that will at least keep me occupied. Very well... Salazar.... I shall come with you this time. Let me gather my things and I shall return."

With that, Blight disappears and only returns a few hours later.. They travel together and when they leave the Shadow plane, Blight takes the form of a pasty looking scrawny elf.

Salazar, accompanied by his elf companion, enter the city and immediately head to the library to research the waring wizards,
    Last edited by CowMasterTrojan; 2012-03-25 at 07:37 AM.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by CowMasterTrojan View Post
    Just some random numbers for you
    Miles traveled in one hour by normal person (30ft move, non hustle)= 3 miles/4.82803 km

Miles traveled in one hour by normal person on shadow plane (30 ft, non hustle)= 50 miles/80.4672 km

Miles traveled in one hour by wyrmling force dragon (250 ft fly, non hustle)= 40 miles/64.3737 km

So assuming 8 hours travel each day, that's 320 miles/514.990 km a day by flight.

Theoretically by flying in the shadow plane, one could move normally.
    So 50 miles shadow/3 normal= 16.67 times normal movement

40 miles flight*16.67 shadow plane speed up=666.67 miles/1072.901 km an hour. Or 5333.33 miles/ 8583.162 km a day.
    o.O
    How about we just say that you arrive in an unspecified amount of time? That way I don't have to got cry in a corner as you make mockery of space and time

As you leave the ship, you're aware of hateful looks, muttered curses and people going out of their way to avoid Salazar. It's more than a little obvious that people don't think much of him.

As you walk through the town, you see that the buildings are all fairly recent constructions of white limestone. The stares and mutterings seem to follow you through the streets, until you at last reach the street running up to the library.

There's a change here; the buildings are different stone here, granite or something like it and are much more richly ornamented. The street is also much wider. The buildings seem to be religious; most, if not all, have the symbols of various deities hanging over their doors.

The most striking thing about these buildings, however, is the almost unmistakable signs of neglect. The buildings are shabby and run down, and the decorations are worn and faded. Members of the various clergies are sat outside their churches in raggedy robes, clutching bowls full of copper coins. At the far end of the street, several buildings even seem to stand empty.

At the end of the street stands the library. Unlike the other buildings, it is in good condition and is obviously being kept well. On the dome of the roof stands a statue of a dragon, cleverly inlaid with glittering metals that when they catch the light take on the gleam of platinum.

You stand before the double doors of the great library that was once the Holy Temple of Bahamut. Do you dare to enter?

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

Salazar, used to being looked down upon for being a lone kobold, is completely unscathed by the glares and hateful looks. Blight on the other hand, is very amused and once he notices, he begins laughing harder and harder every time they walk by someone who gives him a hateful look or mutter. Finally when a woman crosses the street to avoid them, Salazar speaks up.
    Spoiler
    Show

(For reference, Salazar is whispering while Blight is talking at a normal level)
    "Do you really have to laugh so hard? Humans are notoriously racist, you get used to it. All you're doing is making a bigger scene out of something that doesn't have to be a big thing."

"Salazar... Hiding among these... these worms, it has really weakened you. I know what you are capable of doing. I know the countless dragons you killed over the years. And compared to me, you are like a rat. No offense, it's not easy being around a being as dangerous as me. But compared to you, these people are... worms. And you are the hungry bird who decides whether their insignificant life is spared today. They are literally beneath you. But you choose to simply not eat the worms, and instead let them belittle you because of their ignorance."

"They are not worms. I remind you of those we are looking for and what they have accomplished. They are human. Many rise to great power."

"Sure, sure. When 1 out of 100 thousand of them amount to something, I suppose that changes something. Oh wait, it doesn't! Lets say I cast consumptive field right now. How many people do you thing would die before someone actually resisted that? I'm willing to bet no less than 100. And even then it would be a guard that I just hit once, and then he would be dead. They're just a bunch of worms.

Seriously... she would be dead... she would be dead... The one with the 3 children, all four would be dead... That old guy would be dead..."

"Would you keep it down and remember where we are? We have more important things to do than argue this in the open street!"

"You fear too much. I would welcome anyone who tried to kill me." Turning to some random guy "You got a problem? You want some of this?"
    (1d20+17)[31]
    They continue down the street with Blight cheerfully laughing at people.

Upon finding the library, Salazar stops and audibly gulps when looking upon the building. Blight elbows him in a joshing mannerism and whispers:
    "I'm sorry I didn't show up sooner. Your humiliation alone makes this ordeal interesting enough to come along."

The two attempt to enter.
    Spoiler
    Show

Just a note. If you remember Salazar's background, his soul is owned by Tiamat. He no longer serves her, but she still has ownership of his soul. I don't know what kind of effect that will have, but it's fun to think about considering...
    Last edited by CowMasterTrojan; 2012-03-26 at 01:23 AM.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    What was the roll, and why'd you make it?