Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Quest for the Invisible Castle [OOC]

OOC thread for the Quest for the Invisible Castle here.

Players check in!
    Last edited by Falconknight06; 2012-01-20 at 01:15 PM.
    Halfling Monk (Avatar by Miss Nobody)

I might have Carpal tunnel, and so as not to exacerbate it while I wear my brace, I am on Forums hiatus. Sorry everyone. Hopefully it will only be temporary and I'll be back, but my health comes first

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Quest for the Invisible Castle

Just checking in, claiming color will post more later.
    DOUBLE GOLD = DOUBLE DOMINANCE

Twitter: It's a small weapon, aimed indiscriminately at a viewership/readership that has mastered the art of over-reactive hyperventilation at the speed of light. - Ray Ratto

Orlando Magic basketball, everyone. Taking tanking to the next level, where you just say forget it and start scoring on yourself

Thanks to Telasi for the custom avatar

3. - Top - End - #3

So thats what I get for letting you go first...you claim the blue color. Should have known, youre so predictable. So I will just snag purple.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

Linteshar hit points
    1st level = 8
    (11d8)[52] Average = 49.5
    CON (12X4) = 48

Total = 108
    Last edited by MikelaC1; 2012-01-16 at 11:42 AM.

Twitter: It's a small weapon, aimed indiscriminately at a viewership/readership that has mastered the art of over-reactive hyperventilation at the speed of light. - Ray Ratto

Orlando Magic basketball, everyone. Taking tanking to the next level, where you just say forget it and start scoring on yourself

5. - Top - End - #5

Zarabeth hit points
    1st level = 10
    (11d10)[62] Average = 60.5
    CON (12X2) = 24
    Imp. Tough = 12

Total = 108. Now, how did that work out?
    Last edited by Debbie_D; 2012-01-16 at 11:47 AM.

6. - Top - End - #6

Hello Mikela and Debbie. I'll try to get an IC thread up sometime this week ok?

I might have Carpal tunnel, and so as not to exacerbate it while I wear my brace, I am on Forums hiatus. Sorry everyone. Hopefully it will only be temporary and I'll be back, but my health comes first

7. - Top - End - #7

Thats okay with us. We are still waiting on our new laptop (yesterday, we heard that Dell had shipped it) so a few days wait will not be a problem.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground

I juggled a few items on Linteshar (traded +2 dagger for +1, traded +4 gloves for +2) and with the gold saved, took a Veil of Allure instead. Its more suited to the way Linteshar is. And for your reading pleasure, a little story about how she came to possess such an item...

Spoiler
    Show
    Linteshar checked her looks in the mirror, pushing one stray hair back into place. Conscious of the bankers eyes upon her, she subtly allowed her robe on one shoulder to slip, exposing the hint of her curves to show. Satisfied when she heard the sound of his breathing quicken, she turned to face him, her robe now swinging open to expose her body to him.
    Do you like what you see? she cooed as she moved forward.
    His breath caught in his throat, rendering him speechless, and he could only nod as he licked his lips.
    “I want you to focus on the sound of my voice” she whispered, as she moved even closer to him “Just listen to me and relax, think about how comforting it will be to snuggle up with me and not think about anything else. Thats it...just relax and let yourself go. Safe and relaxed with me, just relax and let yourself go. Your eyes are so heavy now, you cant keep them open...just let them close, and snuggle close to me” Linteshar continued to spin the web of her spell as she reached the banker, her soft voice and seductive magic reaching out to soothe and hypnotize him. She cuddled him into her body, letting him bury his face into her chest, as she continued “Thats it, youre safe now. Just let yourself go...no need to worry, no need to fight, no need to even think. Don’t try to fight it, it feels sooo good to just let your eyes close, sooo good to just give up, sooo good to just give in to what you’re feeling now. Let yourself go, your arms and legs are sooo heavy, your body is sooo heavy, it feels sooo good to just let yourself be heavy and comfortable, sooo sleepy, let your sleepy mind just go to sleep.”
    Linteshar paused for a moment, confident that he was completely hypnotized and in her power. She went over in her head what she was going to say, and then addressed the banker again.
    “Now Arden, tomorrow a man named Portis is going to come to your bank. You personally will deal with him, not one of your loan officers. Hes not going to have a business plan or anything like that, just a business idea. But that idea is going to sound to you like the best idea you’ve ever heard of. You’re going to be convinced that this business has no chance of failing. You’ll loan him all the money he asks for, at the best interest rate you can manage. Do you understand everything I’ve told you?”
    Still dazed by the hypnotic trance holding him, Arden softly agreed.
    “Very good...youre doing so very, very good. It feels good to agree with me, it makes you feel so very good.”
    A soft moan of pleasure from him told her that her spell was still holding.
    “Now Arden, I’m going to count up from 1 to 3. When I reach 3 and snap my fingers, you will awaken from trance. You will not remember our conversation, it will be as if I am just entering the room. You will forget our little talk, but you will remember when Portis comes in, that his idea is so great, you’re going to support it as I told you. Do you understand.?”
    When he nodded his head, she stood up, moving back to the door.
    “You’re going to wake up now, wonderfully refreshed and energized. We’re going to have the best time of your life. 1...you’re slowly waking up...2...eyes opening...and 3...”*snap*
    Linteshar smiled at the banker from the door, seeing his eyes widen in appreciation of her form. She slowly crossed the floor to him on the bed, and allowed him to take her in his arms, kissing him deeply as he did so. As she began to caress him, her mind cooly catalogued what she had done. Portis had paid her well for her service, the veil of allure that he had given her would mesh with her powers perfectly. And she had no concern as to whether or not his silly venture would work out. If it failed, she hadnt invested a silver coin of her own money in it, and if it prospered, she held 5% of the shares of the company. Arden, as a banker, would be either made or ruined, either way was fine with her. She smiled to herself, today had been another good day in her life.

9. - Top - End - #9

And I was so impressed by Mikela's story about how she got the veil, I decided to write about how we came in contact with Portis in the first place.

Spoiler
    Show
    Light spilled across the floor of The Silver Coin, and Zarabeth looked up from her drink to assess the potential of the newcomer to the hall. What she saw made her smile inwardly. The man was young, barely into his twenties if that, and it was obvious that this was his first time in a dance club, by his nervousness and timidness. What whetted her appetite even more was the rest of his appearance, just by looking at him you could tell that he had money. Maybe it was not his money, certainly by the age of him it had to be inherited, but whatever the source, it was clear he had it, and Zarabeth was determined to get her share of it.
    Alisha was up and moving towards him as well, but Zarabeth was determined not to let this fish get away. Reacting quickly, she cast without a moments hesitation, using a hold on her erstwhile competitor. She breezed past the girl with a swirl of her skirts, who was not even able to grind her teeth in frustration. Zarabeth made a mental note to teach Alisha some manners later on, there was only one top cat in this hall, and she was it. Her smile was dazzling as she approached the newcomer, made even moreso by the fact that she used a splendour spell on herself as she moved.
    Hello, and welcome to The Silver Coin, my name is Zarabeth and if you are interested, I would love to be your dancer for today. We can have a table dance, if you like, but we also have what we like to call a ‘champagne room’, where the dances are much more private...and intimate and by her tone and her suggestive look, Zarabeth left no doubt at to what that meant.
    The man reddened just a little bit, confirming Zarabeth’s suspicions that he was a first timer, and could only stammer back a response Y-y-y-yesss...I-I-Id like that very much
    With even more of a smile, Zarabeth took his arm and lead him to one of the alcoves that were spread along the back walls of the club, with just a hint of a smile at the still paralyzed Alisha. Dazzled by the dancing beauty, the man didnt even notice her, in fact it was likely he didnt take notice of anything else, except for Zarabeth. As they neared the booth, Zarabeth moved a little in front of him, just to give him a little better view of the sway of her hips as she moved, and was rewarded with a quick intake of breath. Continuing to smile inwardly, she pointed to the cushioned bench where he would sit, and then firmly pulled the curtains shut, closing the booth off from prying eyes. She seated herself right beside him, making sure her hip was in contact with his, and placed one of his arms around her, snuggling in as she did so.
    So, I’ve never seen you here before, whats your name, honey?
    P-P-Portis is my name, and this is my first time here
    Well, Portis, Im sure youre going to love it here, and I hope you like my dancing. You just settle back and get comfortable, a new song is starting now and I’ll start with it. You just tell me at the end of the songs when youve had enough, okay?
    Gracefully, Zarabeth rose in front of him and with a quick twitch of her shoulders and a tug on the tie in front, her robe fell away from her, revealing the sweetness of her body to him. She began to sway seductively in rhythm to the beat of the music, moving slowly closer to him. A little tap from her leg on his indicated for him to spread his legs a little wider and when he did so, she moved into the space, getting even closer to him. Her breasts were now swaying right at eye level in front of him, and her hands began to lightly caress his head and face, stroking his hair as she did so. As his breath quickened, she moved even closer, her knees just lightly brushing against his groin, and as he lay back into the couch, her breasts gently covered his face while her hands continued their caress.
    She held the position for a moment, and then pulled back, favouring him with her wickedest “bad girl” smile, and turned her back to him. She let take a good look at her ass as it swayed in front of him for a moment and then she lowered herself into his lap, pressing her back against his chest. She felt his arms timidly and uncertainly encircling her waist, and took his hands in hers, guiding them to her breasts. As he cupped her bosoms, she began to softly rub her rear into his lap; through the thin material of his pants, she could feel his manhood firm up and stiffen. She sighed in happiness as he began to play with her nipples, his touch wasnt skilled but it wasnt rough like she was used to with many of the louts she danced for. She reached one of her hands down and easily reached his balls, rubbing them through the light covering of his pants. Her other hand reached up and took one of Portis hands and brought it down to her womanhood, and when he began to finger her, she sighed once again, leaning back into him even more.
    Zarabetb’s experience with men told him when he was nearing a climax, but she was in no way finished with Portis yet. Her grinding and caressing slowed and then came to a stop, allowing him to relax just a little. She turned once more to face him, and a light tap from her got him to bring his legs back together again. She knelt on the cushioned bench with one leg to each side of him, her womanhood swaying so temptingly close to his bulging pants and began to run her hands down his sides and across his chest. As he squirmed in pleasure and strained to get his groin to touch hers, she bent forward, engulfing his face in her breasts once again, letting him breathe in the intoxicating perfume in her cleavage. She held the position for a minute, then drew back from him, giving him her most seductive smile yet.
    Would you like me to pull down your pants?
    Barely able to breathe, barely able to speak, Portis could only beg yes
    Zarabeth looked to the money pouch tied to his waist, and following her eyes, Portis freed it quickly, tossing it beside him on the couch Take whatever you want
    Zarabeth smiled, both to herself and to Portis. She knew a long term customer was much better than a ripped off first time customer, and had no intention of taking more than she usually did. And she had one more trick to make him feel even better. Oh Portis, Im not like those other girls, I dont rip guys off. And because youre such a nice guy, Im only going to take half of what I usually do Of course, since he didnt know what her usual amount was, he had no way of knowing if she was really taking half, which, of course, she wasnt; taking her usual rate.
    With a deft move, Zarabeth undid the tie at his waist, and parted his pants, allowing his stimulated manhood to spring free. Slowly, she lowered herself, taking him fully into herself. Using her hips, strong from her dancer work, she began to ride up and down on him, working him completely on her own. Watching him carefully, Zarabeth covered his lips with hers in a kiss just as he climaxed, making sure that she muffled any noise he would make.
    Zarabeth lifted herself up from him, pulling her robes back around herself, while he put his pants back in place. So now what, Portis. Whats your plan for the rest of the day?
    Well, Ive got to talk to another banker or two. Ive got this idea for a business, but I cant seem to get any backing from bankers. They want everything written down, and I just dont have the head for all those things. Its a great idea, but my plans will change as the business goes along
    Zarabeth smiled once again. A client making money was better for her, because their money quickly became her money, and she had the perfect idea.
    Oh Portis, honey, I think theres someone you should meet. Shes very good at convincing men to do what she wants. I think she could be able to help you

If we have time later tonight or early tomorrow, we'll do the story of Portis meeting with Zarabeth and Linteshar and making the deal. By the way, our new computer arrived today, and yours is the first thread we posted to.
    Last edited by Debbie_D; 2012-01-17 at 08:44 PM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ettin in the Playground

And now we complete our little trilogy, a co-authored work between the two of us.

Spoiler
    Show
    It was a large couch and should have been comfortable enough, but Portis still fidgeted. He looked at Zarabeth, who smiled at him and tried to reassure him that everything would be okay, but it wasnt enough. This idea, this business, it was something that he had thought about for a long time, in fact, he could think of doing nothing else in his life, and this “Linteshar” was his last hope. Every bank had turned him down, and even though Zarabeth assured him that Linteshar could change things, he had doubts. And not just about getting the money, what sort of rate would he have to pay? Even the best results could be crippled by paying off creditors too much and that might be even worse to have to live with.
    The door to the room suddenly opened and in a swirl of silks, Linteshar entered. Zarabeth watched Portis out of the corner of her eye, always amused by the reactions of mortals to the sexy succubus. Portis was no exception, in fact, his jaw literally dropped at the sight of her, and as she entered the room, he couldnt even find words to speak. She seated herself on the couch to the other side of him, smiling as she did so, which caused Portis to redden even further.
    So Zarabeth tells me that you need our help with some obstinate bankers, how can we help you? Tell me all about it.
    Zarabeth smiled as she listened to the musical voice of the succubus, it was always funny to watch men attempt to negotiate with Linteshar, they didnt stand a chance. Even if she were dressed in a parka, negotiating with Linteshar always made them about sex most of the time, and when she was just in her silks, it was the only thing on their minds. Even she could feel a warmth and wetness stirring in her loins, just by being in the same room with her, and she wasnt even the target of Linteshar’s charm right now. Looking at his body, Zarabeth could tell he was having the same reaction as well, although likely a lot more intense.
    His mouth was moving but no sounds were coming out, and Linteshar’s musical voice continued to soothe and relax him. Just take your time and relax honey, we’ve got all the time in the world. Why don’t you just lie back a little and relax her hand began to softly stroke his hair doesnt that feel so much better, just relax, the words will come
    Zarabeth smirked, something else was far more likely to come, but finally Portis was able to find his tongue.
    Its this business idea I have planned. I’ve thought about it for a long time and I need a loan to get it off the ground. But when you go to a bank, they want a business plan and a budget and all the details and Im not good with that sort of stuff. I know it would work out great, but they wont take a chance without all the other things in place. I could explain it to you, if you want...
    Theres no need for that honey, I trust you, I know you’ll make a wonderful businessman, and I’d love to be your partner. So would Zarabeth, wouldnt you honey, we’ll be your partners, keeping you safe and warm
    Zarabeth, hearing her cue, snuggled in close on the other side of Portis, just as his body began to sag into Linteshar’s, helpless under the effect of her spell. His gaze feel longingly on Linteshar's breast, so temptingly close to his lips, and seeing it, Linteshar smiled once again, and shrugged her shoulders slightly, causing the silk to part, and expose the breast fully.
    Go ahead, honey, I know you want to, and I want you to be happy and content with me. Unable and unwilling to resist Linteshar, Portis leaned in and began to kiss and lick at her breast, eventually beginning to suckle on it. Now Portis, dont worry, I happen to know a banker, his name is Arden, he works at the Citizens Bank, and 2 days from now, youre going to go and talk to him, hes going to arrange a loan for as much as you want, and hes going to give you the best interest rate he can.
    Muffled by the breast, Portis mumbled But I already talked to them once, and they said no, how can you...
    Hush honey, dont worry about it, we'll take care of everything, you dont need to know all our secrets...isnt it fun knowing we have secrets from you...isnt that a turn-on
    It probably helped that Zarabeth was subtly massaging his groin as Linteshar said this, it might have turned him on anyway, but that just made it for sure. Portis could only groan with pleasure, falling even more under Linteshar and Zarabeth's spell.
    But Portis, honey, if we are going to do this for you, do you have something special you could give to us. Something to show how much you appreciate what we are doing for you?
    Portis nodded his head, and reached into a pouch that he had beside him, and pulled out a gauzy looking veil, handing it to Linteshar. Zarabeth looked at it a little unsure, but the succubus nodded to herself and hooked it over her eyes. Somehow, the look made her even more intriguing to Zarabeth, whatever it was, it was clearly magical and the succubus knew how to use it.
    Its very nice Portis, really nice, but...maybe something more? We are being very nice for you, and getting you a really good deal
    Zarabeth had to suppress a snicker, the poor sucker didnt stand a chance against Linteshar's charms, he was not going to be able to refuse her anything.
    Portis thought for a moment, although it was a bit difficult for him to think and continue to pay the attention that Linteshar's breast was demanding, but he finally continued How about I give you a share of my company. Like maybe....5%?
    Linteshar stroked his head some more. That would be fine Portis...but then, my friend Zarabeth here, shes going to be helping me and she did introduce you to me, maybe she deserves something too?
    His willpower long since destroyed, Portis handed the pouch that had held the veil to Zarabeth. Its a Hewards sack, Im sure you can find a use for it
    Linteshar smiled as Zarabeth moved the haversack to the other side of the couch Thats just perfect Portis, we accept your deal. Now Portis, I just want you to relax. Youre getting so relaxed, soo very relaxed, feeling sooo gooood, so nice and heavy, youre heavy, heavy, sinking down into the couch, it feels soo good to relax, just relax and let yourself go. Youre safe with us, no need to struggle, we'll take care of you, we always have and we always will, just relax, give up control to us, it makes you feel so good to relax with us, let us control you, just let yourself go Linteshar watched as his body sagged even more and his eyes closed, satisfied that he had succumbed to her spell. Okay Portis, youre not going to remember anything else about this meeting, other than what I tell you. Two days from now, youre going to go to the Citizens Bank and ask to speak to Arden about a loan, ask for as much as you need, and he'll give it to you. No need to worry about why. You will remember that you have given me 5% of your company, and thats all you will remember. Do you understand, Portis An answering groan told her that he did. Im going to count to 3 Portis, when I reach 3, you will wake up feeling refreshed and energized. We're going to have the time of your life Portis, but you will be remembering to forget, and forgetting to remember all that we just talked about, remembering to forget and forgetting to remember, okay, Portis, 1...waking up slowly...2, stretching and coming back to awareness...3 wide awake
    Portis opened his eyes, once again taking in the sexy succubus and her equally sexy sidekick. Both women smiled at him as they gently relieved him of his robes...and then the caressing started.

11. - Top - End - #11

Default Re: Quest for the Invisible Castle [OOC]

IC Thread has begun.

It is here

Also, roll needs to happen correctly, so

Kand's Perform
    (1d20+33)[39]

12. - Top - End - #12

I'll post responses tomorrow afternoon after my test. Sorry about this.

13. - Top - End - #13

No problem, we'll be waiting.

14. - Top - End - #14

Gah, you guys have the same avatar now.

Now how will I tell you apart...aside from your forum names that is

15. - Top - End - #15

Mikela is having a new avatar made for her specifically, it will be more succubus-ish, and then I will be able to keep the dancer avatar.

16. - Top - End - #16

I want this to be a good post, so it might not be up until tomorrow. I'm trying to make a good post

EDIT: Wow, I really spoke up that post. Sorry. Shouldn't be as large a gap in posts until around February 20th (My next test).
    Last edited by Falconknight06; 2012-01-26 at 11:39 PM.

17. - Top - End - #17

Next level I am putting all my skill points into Diplomacy. Nice CHA bonus but no skill points in it. I'll probably have to pay delivery charges now.
    Last edited by Debbie_D; 2012-01-27 at 08:00 AM.

18. - Top - End - #18

Oh, the stablehand is there all right.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ettin in the Playground

In one of the books, not sure which, there is an application of Sense Motive that lets you use it to tell what level a person is. While the stablehand might not have adventurer levels, he might have "levels" in his chosen profession. Or just has a really good 'handle animals' score. Anyway, lets see if we can find out.

(1d20+15)[29]

20. - Top - End - #20

I've seen the sizing a person up use of sense motive, so here is what you get from it.

He seems to have some rogue-like abilities, and possible some ranger ability too. He does have an amazing handle animal score as well.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ettin in the Playground

(1d20+34)[47] Perform: Sex (Linteshar)
    (1d20+14)[20] Perform: Sex (Zarabeth)

Yep, he dies happy. Funny, the forum never registered that you made that post, and so I didnt bother to check before writing out my post. I was thinking about bringing him down to 0th and making him beg for the last kiss, and then doing it but since I thought you hadnt responded, I just went ahead and drained him totally. Oh, well, something for the bag of tricks next time. (And a reminder to check thread instead of relying on post history)
    Last edited by MikelaC1; 2012-01-31 at 03:51 PM.

22. - Top - End - #22

Yes he does die happily

Also, the boards were acting weird last night when I tried to post. That might be why it didn't register. I'll post Kand's appearance later tonight

23. - Top - End - #23

It was an okay roll with her bonuses for Zarabeth but the forum roller hasnt been totally friendly to her. A bit annoying when you put in a chunk of work into the post. Hopefully it will be nicer when shes doing attacks.

24. - Top - End - #24

Hey, give me a heads up if you guys want to fast forward something. Pretty easy to do when I've only got two characters

25. - Top - End - #25

I think we can skip forward through the travel, unless you plan to waylay us with some sort of random encounter.
    The problem here is between the keyboard and the chair.

Life is full of questions. Chocolate is the answer.

Thanks to Telasi for the custom avatar.

26. - Top - End - #26

I'm not a big fan of random encounters, unless they make sense. I like games to be a bit more story driven

27. - Top - End - #27

Mikela has pretty much given up on them as well. In PbP, they take too long to resolve, and if they arent important to the quest, theyre just a waste of time.

28. - Top - End - #28

Well this is an interesting interlude. Gonna have to admit that I'm not sure anything else I could write could add to it, so just give a waking up post when your done with your story and we'll continue

29. - Top - End - #29

Further to the discussions that have come up in the Demon game, I was wondering if I could do some ret-con on Zarabeth, since we havent actually battled yet. I want to switch Extend for Somatic Weaponry and Force of Personality for Eschew Materials. This will allow me to cast while still having my weapons in hand (which is her thing); she doesnt need Extend, and not having the boost to Will saves is more in line with the way Linteshar can effortlessly beguile her.
    Also, I want to point out a standard operating procedure for Zarabeth. Her Greater Mage Armour lasts for 12 hours, so basically twice a day (8AM and 8PM), she has made it a habit to renew her GMA, so its always active. If we have an encounter before 8AM, she has all of her 3rd level slots, between 8 and 8, she has used one slot, and after 8 to midnight, shes used two slots.
    Last edited by Debbie_D; 2012-02-14 at 11:01 AM.

30. - Top - End - #30

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie_D View Post
    Further to the discussions that have come up in the Demon game, I was wondering if I could do some ret-con on Zarabeth, since we havent actually battled yet. I want to switch Extend for Somatic Weaponry and Force of Personality for Eschew Materials. This will allow me to cast while still having my weapons in hand (which is her thing); she doesnt need Extend, and not having the boost to Will saves is more in line with the way Linteshar can effortlessly beguile her.
    Also, I want to point out a standard operating procedure for Zarabeth. Her Greater Mage Armour lasts for 12 hours, so basically twice a day (8AM and 8PM), she has made it a habit to renew her GMA, so its always active. If we have an encounter before 8AM, she has all of her 3rd level slots, between 8 and 8, she has used one slot, and after 8 to midnight, shes used two slots.
    All approved as far as switching out feats, and I believe you guys would be prepared, so your super long spells I can assume you've cast.