Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Quest for the Invisible Castle [OOC]

Question: How are we dividing up money from items we sell? Im fine with any sort of system, for instance, Zarabeth got Leaf Blade, so she is going to sell one of her other swords. Does she get all of that gold, or does it go to the common pot, since the only reason she is selling is because she took an item we got.
    DOUBLE GOLD = DOUBLE DOMINANCE

Twitter: It's a small weapon, aimed indiscriminately at a viewership/readership that has mastered the art of over-reactive hyperventilation at the speed of light. - Ray Ratto

Orlando Magic basketball, everyone. Taking tanking to the next level, where you just say forget it and start scoring on yourself

Thanks to Telasi for the custom avatar

2. - Top - End - #92
    Bugbear in the Playground

Don't worry about the two NPC's as far as wealth goes. I added them to your group so I'll cover them. You only need to worry about splitting it between Linteshar and Zarabeth, though I'm sure the boys wouldn't mind getting part of a cut. But I'll make sure they don't slow you down with a lack of wealth or anything

Like I said, I won't hinder you guys because I've saddled you with two NPC's
    Halfling Monk (Avatar by Miss Nobody)

I might have Carpal tunnel, and so as not to exacerbate it while I wear my brace, I am on Forums hiatus. Sorry everyone. Hopefully it will only be temporary and I'll be back, but my health comes first

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ettin in the Playground

I thought of something else after you posted, an idea that fits IC and would allow Kand to pick up some cash. Its something I suggested before.
    I would imagine that Kand is a pretty smooth talking negotiator (high bluff and diplomacy) and Linteshar is, well, Linteshar, +34 on both of them. So the two of them would make a pretty good negotiating team, so anything that they can get over the book price for magic that they bring in, he can keep for himself.

Twitter: It's a small weapon, aimed indiscriminately at a viewership/readership that has mastered the art of over-reactive hyperventilation at the speed of light. - Ray Ratto

Orlando Magic basketball, everyone. Taking tanking to the next level, where you just say forget it and start scoring on yourself

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ettin in the Playground

Ha, a 19 for a total of 53, she really did have him as hot as possible....

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ettin in the Playground

(1d8)[6] Linteshar HP
    (1d10)[1] Zarabeth HP average=6.
    Last edited by MikelaC1; 2012-06-03 at 06:50 PM.

6. - Top - End - #96

Mikela and I have updated Linteshar and Zarabeth.
    With regards to the IC, Zarabeth is proposing she pay the XP cost, I dont know if you use the variant system that allows that, but Mikela says it does exist. I also dont know how much "extra" XP Zarabeth has to spend to make these items, so that might not be possible anyway. If she doesnt, no big problem, she will just use the money when we sell the items to upgrade.
    As well, I wanted to run this little proposal by you. A lot of Zarabeths levels as Battle Dancer are going to waste, she hasnt really used any of her special dances and the chances to use them seem a bit limited. I was wondering if, when they have their next romantic interlude and Linteshar drains Zarabeth's levels, when she restores them, she could restore them as rogue levels. This would give Zarabeth the sneak attack ability (which she could combine with her newly gained Invisibility) to become an even better warrior. That is, after all, her main role in the group. She could also use the rogue skills to become a leading scout for the group and get some other skills to go with them. Im not proposing she lose all the BD levels, Im thinking of a 8/8 or 9/7 split. Again, if you say no, thats not a problem, she'll probably start taking levels there any time she levels, and I'll just work on making the other dances work for me.
    The problem here is between the keyboard and the chair.

Life is full of questions. Chocolate is the answer.

Thanks to Telasi for the custom avatar.

7. - Top - End - #97

Debbie-Changing your levels is ok, though I don't want you to get rid of all of your battle dancer levels. We'll just say in game that Darek taught you some of his roguish tricks in the week you're all staying in the cabin. That is the amount of time for Darek to get completely recovered from his session with Linteshar. He doesn't recover as fast as Kand does, only 3 levels per night. Kand restores all of his levels in 5 minutes at its slowest.

As for magic item enchanting, I'm delegating it as Kand can enchant one item for each person per level up, starting with this latest one. So each person in the party can have one item enchanted, or one enchantment increased, until the group levels again.

I don't like messing with experience points and such, and this should help mitigate any discrepancies with WBL for you guys.

I might have Carpal tunnel, and so as not to exacerbate it while I wear my brace, I am on Forums hiatus. Sorry everyone. Hopefully it will only be temporary and I'll be back, but my health comes first

8. - Top - End - #98

Imt thinking of an 8/8 split, there is one dance I would like to keep, and 8 rogue levels qualifies me for +4d6 on sneak attacks.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ettin in the Playground

As a fluff note, I just thought of something. Instead of Linteshar's item be a full vest, it would fit her character more if it were a bikini top. Cant have the girls all totally covered up.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ettin in the Playground

bump...Linteshar is done for the night

11. - Top - End - #101

Sorry guys, my parents are visiting me and I'm currently on vacation until this Wednesday. I'll post Wednesday night. Sorry again

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, Debbie and I just got back from The Dark Knight Rises...and we werent really impressed. It wasnt really a Batman movie, in our opinion, he was in Batman form for less than 25% of the movie. There wasnt the faintest hint that the twists were going to occur, so there was no way to see them coming. Bane, in our opinion, isnt what we consider a real Batman villain and the Catwoman was mishandled. Robin was very non-canon, and Bruce Wayne isnt supposed to end up impoverished. All in all, it doesnt even come close to comparing with Avengers.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ettin in the Playground

You ruined the surprise I had planned for Tallen. I was actually going to do it during our session, but then discovered that she didnt have Regeneration yet. Next time she gains a spell, she will do that for him.

14. - Top - End - #104

So now you've got yourself an legitimate group to seek the castle whenever you're ready. And am I correct in this loose hierarchy of the "inner circle" (closer to Linteshar's name, more "power")?

Linteshar
    Zarabeth
    Kand
    Darek
    ------------------------
    Lily and Tallen
    ------------------------
    Everyone else
    Last edited by Falconknight06; 2012-08-01 at 05:04 PM.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ettin in the Playground

That list is pretty accurate. Lilly does have a higher status than Tallen, but thats more of a function of her position as Tallen's commanding officer. Lilly might eventually make her way into the first circle (in fact, its almost a guarantee that she will when her crew shows up) and perhaps move a bit ahead of Darek.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ettin in the Playground

Im working on the next post, but I have a question. Linteshar is interested in narrowing down Lily's alignment, so she is going to use detect evil, detect good, detect chaos, detect law in quick order (obviously she might not have to use all of them if she gets a ping on the first) to get a read on her.
    She doesnt care if Lilly doesnt read evil at first, she already has a plan to make her C/E. And if she is, oh well, she'll just be moreso.
    Last edited by MikelaC1; 2012-08-08 at 01:48 PM.

17. - Top - End - #107

Alignments

Tallen-Neutral Evil
    Lily-Chaotic Neutral, leans more evil
    Kand-Chaotic Evil
    Darek-Chaotic Neutral, leans more evil

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ettin in the Playground

Some people make pilgrammages to Mecca. Some to Jerusalem. Others go to famous sporting arenas/events, and others go to natural wonders like the Grand Canyon.
    Debbie and I are on a pilgrammage this week. Our responses might be slower. Are we going to some religious site? No, no, no. Are we going to something sporting? No, no, no. Are we going to a natural wonder? No, no, no.
    Well, where are you going then?

Two words. Behemoth. Leviathan.

19. - Top - End - #109

Yah, I've got lots of field work this week, so the advancing of the game will be slower than usual (which isn't saying a whole lot)

20. - Top - End - #110

THAT WAS EPIC
    Last edited by Debbie_D; 2012-08-16 at 10:59 PM.

21. - Top - End - #111

I'm sorry for being so quiet for the last week or so. I've been in the thick of field season. I should have a chance to post more plot tomorrow. I'm going to fast forward to the capital to give the game a bit of a jump start. Sorry again ladies

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ettin in the Playground

No problem, as indicated, last week, Debbie and I were in Toronto, enjoying Canadas Wonderland, Niagara Falls and a few other things. (plus each others company). So we might not have been able to react quickly to postings anyway.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Falconknight06 View Post
    Note for Linteshar
    You might not want to drain this guy completely (soul wise, other draining is welcome) as it might grab too much attention for your group if he were to disappear. A quick glance says he is probably a mid-level expert

Bah...killjoy

24. - Top - End - #114

Quote Originally Posted by MikelaC1 View Post
    Bah...killjoy
    Feel free to completely destroy him, I was just letting you know what Linteshar would know

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ettin in the Playground

Just to confirm, we have the quarterstaff to sell, along with one of Zarabeths old swords, the one Leafblade replaced. I think everything else got handed out, but Im not sure.

26. - Top - End - #116

I am really sorry about how slow the game is going. I hope to start posting more regularly. Thanks for sticking with me for this long ladies

27. - Top - End - #117

We are still here. Post when you are ready.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ettin in the Playground

Debbie and I were kind of wondering what the status of this game is. If RL has gotten to the point where you cannot keep the game going, thats okay, we do understand that it comes first, but we would like to know for sure. Any answer would be appreciated.

29. - Top - End - #119

I think the game might need to fold. I'm sorry for letting you guys down in a game for the millionth time and I hope you aren't angry and can find other games to play in. I'm in the thick of my final year of my masters which means research and writing and my brain is fried many nights. I am really sorry to both of you and I wish you both well in your future gaming.

Sorry again

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ettin in the Playground

***bump***