Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Quest for the Invisible Castle [OOC]

That's right, we're back. I'm done with my field work, and so I'll be close to a computer for a while, may as well make it so my breaks involve running this game. Just tell me when you're both ready to continue!
    Halfling Monk (Avatar by Miss Nobody)

I might have Carpal tunnel, and so as not to exacerbate it while I wear my brace, I am on Forums hiatus. Sorry everyone. Hopefully it will only be temporary and I'll be back, but my health comes first

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ettin in the Playground

And we have rebuilt Linteshar and Zarabeth, and are ready to go. Little post coming up to get the IC thread going again.
    DOUBLE GOLD = DOUBLE DOMINANCE

Twitter: It's a small weapon, aimed indiscriminately at a viewership/readership that has mastered the art of over-reactive hyperventilation at the speed of light. - Ray Ratto

Orlando Magic basketball, everyone. Taking tanking to the next level, where you just say forget it and start scoring on yourself

Thanks to Telasi for the custom avatar

3. - Top - End - #123

Zarabeth is ready to roll
    The problem here is between the keyboard and the chair.

Life is full of questions. Chocolate is the answer.

Thanks to Telasi for the custom avatar.

4. - Top - End - #124

OK, so I'm terrible with what transition will happen to get you guys to the magic item emporium in the town, so I'm just going to fast forward to your group at the shop, selling and buying things. Feel free to RP the diplomacy, but you won't need to roll, as the shop owner will buy your magic items at their listed price, and sell you any magic items you're looking for for their listed price as well.

So no short-changing of you, and no mark-up on the items.

I might have Carpal tunnel, and so as not to exacerbate it while I wear my brace, I am on Forums hiatus. Sorry everyone. Hopefully it will only be temporary and I'll be back, but my health comes first

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ettin in the Playground

Trading the sword +4 and the quarterstaff (+?) for a Cloak of Charisma +6 and Circlet of Persuasion
    Sword +4=32,000
    Staff +?=

Cloak=36,000
    Circlet=4,500

As long as the staff is +2, we have an even trade...and Linteshar and Zarabeth's WBL doesnt go up by any.

Twitter: It's a small weapon, aimed indiscriminately at a viewership/readership that has mastered the art of over-reactive hyperventilation at the speed of light. - Ray Ratto

Orlando Magic basketball, everyone. Taking tanking to the next level, where you just say forget it and start scoring on yourself

6. - Top - End - #126

Shes right...IC, they hadnt discussed it and even OOC I had no idea she was planning to do that. The first I knew of it was when she was typing it out beside me.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ettin in the Playground

I have one other thing to do, after D&L are done buying, so only post up what they want to buy. I'll take it from there.

8. - Top - End - #128

Zarabeth initiative

(1d20+10)[19]

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ettin in the Playground

Okay, Im a bit confused here, the "angels" were able to see her despite the Greater Invisibility cast on her? I'm going to go ahead and post her talking IC, but if you had forgotten about that, I will erase it. As for init

(1d20+5)[9]

10. - Top - End - #130

Quote Originally Posted by MikelaC1 View Post
    Okay, Im a bit confused here, the "angels" were able to see her despite the Greater Invisibility cast on her? I'm going to go ahead and post her talking IC, but if you had forgotten about that, I will erase it. As for init

[roll0]
    Oh, I thought the invisibility was cast on Zarabeth, not Linteshar. Crap.

I wondered why you would fly up all succubus-like in the middle of a crowded market. Well, the angels could have seen you still. You'll find out why IC. This does make the rest of this easier though as no one else saw you. To most, it looked like a catapult shot took out a house in the city.

Sorry, I'll play it with you invisible from now.

Also, luckily no one will bother your fight as all the guards are busy and any near the house are dead or unconcious

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ettin in the Playground

It was cast on me so that I could scout and stay invisible. Guess we go with trying to talk fight our way out of it. I could have gotten a better roll on my bluff check, but since Ive got such a good mod, they might not fight immediately.
    Last edited by MikelaC1; 2012-11-20 at 07:35 PM.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ettin in the Playground

If that angel dies, then Debbie will post up Zarabeths actions, she should arrive at the end of the round and be ready to attack next round.

13. - Top - End - #133

Will save away
    (1d20+28)[34]

Let's see if he suceeds

14. - Top - End - #134

I think the other angel gets her (his?) attack in, then Linteshar acts, and then Zarabeth acts.
    First round
    Angel smacks Linteshar
    Zarabeth flies, casts
    Angel smacks Linteshar
    Linteshar casts

Second round
    Angel starts dying
    Zarabeth flies, casts, arrives

Which is where we are now. Unless I missed something, in which case, Zarabeth will start a beat down.

15. - Top - End - #135

Quote Originally Posted by Debbie_D View Post
    I think the other angel gets her (his?) attack in, then Linteshar acts, and then Zarabeth acts.
    First round
    Angel smacks Linteshar
    Zarabeth flies, casts
    Angel smacks Linteshar
    Linteshar casts

Second round
    Angel starts dying
    Zarabeth flies, casts, arrives

Which is where we are now. Unless I missed something, in which case, Zarabeth will start a beat down.
    Ahh, I see the problem now. Feel free to start the beatdown Zarabeth, there is one angel to hit

16. - Top - End - #136

Just a note to you to say that I am soon going to be shutting down my account. I am not leaving the game, I am still going to be playing Zarabeth, just doing it through Mikela's account. We will continue to post up the PC name in front of the post action, so you know who is doing what.

17. - Top - End - #137

It's up to you guys for a plan, Kand, Lily, Derek, and Cassandra will all go with any plan you come up with. It seems Kand can also teleport out of the city in some fashion as well, but he is defaulting to Lintehsar and Zarabeth for reasons.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ettin in the Playground

So, reaction to the Zarabeth post?

19. - Top - End - #139

Sorry, flurry of spending time with family and travel kept me not posting much. Reaction is coming. Sorry. I'm posting in all of the games I'm in tomorrow as I'm exhausted from traveling all day today.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ettin in the Playground

Not sure if the lake is right up against the wall or not, so Im not posting what happens there. If it is right against the wall, then we go into the water with minor splash and start heading for the other side, hopefully to a spot with the fewest (none?) defenders. Walking on the bottom to avoid being spotted.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ettin in the Playground

Linteshar was going to use a Mass Hypnosis on Casandra, Lily, Darek and Kand until I checked her spell list to find out she didnt have it. That didnt make sense to me, why would she not pick that spell, and I did some research. The reason she didnt pick it, is because it doesnt exist anymore. Hmmm. So Linteshar is going to try and create it, although she wont research it the way a normal sorceress might, she will just practice, practice, practice. I would see it as being about a 5th level spell, Mass Suggestion can affect one person/level, that seems fair to me. It will probably take a little while before she can actually cast it as a spell. This is the sort of large scale affect spell that she would need. Next IC post represents her first attempt with the group.

22. - Top - End - #142

You'll get everyone but Kand, who is immune to most charm and enchantment effects, especially of devils and demons (he'd be pretty bad at his job without that amulets benefits). He would have accompanied Zarabeth to collect firewood though, being leery of any of the party being by themselves after the town debacle. Linteshar will easily get the other three though, with only Darek possibly showing any possible chance of resistance.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ettin in the Playground

So, any results on her alignment checks, and does anything disturb us at night, or on to next day?

24. - Top - End - #144

Sorry, I hadn't gotten a good chance to reply yet. I'll post what you got later tonight, after I go to the gym.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ettin in the Playground

She certainly was quite busy, you have to admit. And got some really good rolls.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ettin in the Playground

Sorry, working on a couple of other game submissions. Will try to have post up later today. Know what she is going to do, just have to get pen to paper (well, fingers to keyboard, but whatever)

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ettin in the Playground

There, thats the first night done. If you want to make a comment on what happens the next day, go ahead (Linteshar will watch the two women to see how they react the next day) and then she will go to work (Zarabeth as well on Casandra) for night #2.
    Night #3, our last night before the city, will be a special on Casandra, since she will then leave us.

28. - Top - End - #148

No, feel free to keep going. All you'll see the next day is that the spell takes an even stronger hold on the two women.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ettin in the Playground

And yes, Lintehsar is expecting a rundown of Darek's skills and classes from that treatment she started him out with.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ettin in the Playground

We deleted the previous post where we tossed out some options for pictures for Zarabeth and Linteshar. One thing, they were not blondes, like both of them. Another thing, the picture for Linteshar was anime, and I detest anime. Lastly, they just didnt feel right. We both feel that they are quite chesty, and neither of those pics seemed right. So we got some different ones. Yes, they are both well known, but its just to get a feel for them. (yes, chesty, yes, we are both bi, we admit it)

Zarabeth
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Linteshar
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by MikelaC1; 2013-02-05 at 08:46 PM.