New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 37 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: New Cannes (IC)

1. - Top - End - #571
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

Spoiler
    Show
    Honestly not sure what would be a good consequence, I assume mental, I already got one mild mental consequence, am I still able to take another mild mental?

2. - Top - End - #572
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Grim nodded at Joe, glancing around the place idly. "Weird, hunh? Normally, the food's not bad. What, too much cumin this time?" He smiled at the joke. "Oh, and where's Boffo? Sure as sh*%tin', he don't miss a meal ... not if it's free! Unless the food is that bad!"
    Life is ... life. As always bot/cut as necessary.
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."

Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!y

3. - Top - End - #573
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Well, have you updated your sheet? It still shows you as having one mild social and one mild mental (which is fine because you have 5 conviction). I know you got Flustered from last scene so that still stays. How long has Headache been around?

Crazy Joe responds, "Not funny when yer the one eatin' crap, I tell ya! At least that's how it feels like. The meat they put in their meals have been drastically cut. There's barely any scraps in the meals they're servin' lately! And yeah, Boffo does like ta eat, but no one has heard a peep from 'im for a little while. Hadn't checked in on him sinced the police swept from out from under his usual bridge. Dunno where he's been holed up since."

4. - Top - End - #574
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Grim raised his hands up. "Now don't go all crazy on me, Joe," chuckling inwardly at the little joke. "I was just asking. No meat, eh? Strange ... mebbe they think vegans last longer on the streets!"

He glanced around the shelter, then back to Joe. "Well, I got some time, and Boffo's usually good people. Where's some of his other hidey-holes? I know you know where his back-ups are, Joe." At the ****-eyed look Joe started to give him, Grim raised his hands. "I'm not poachin' ... I just want to check on him. Promise."

5. - Top - End - #575
    Titan in the Playground

"Can't tell ya. I actually don't know rightfully. I ken ahh...try to find *out* for ya, if yer willing to get me a nice roe-tiss-ery chicken for me from the Costco's. Say...once every week for the next four weeks?" There's a glint in his eyes. He sure loves his meat.

6. - Top - End - #576
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    I got it from burning the warehouse down. So one scene ago? Got it two scenes back, but had it for one

7. - Top - End - #577
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Headache is now gone. You now have your Extra Mild Mental Consequence free to use. Maybe something like "Extra Tired" because you're putting in 110% on the circle preparation? But be warned. When you actually try to make those Discipline rolls to control the power, that Extra Tired might be compelled by me to lower your efforts by 2 for at least one roll.

8. - Top - End - #578
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

"Can't tell ya. I actually don't know rightfully. I ken ahh...try to find *out* for ya, if yer willing to get me a nice roe-tiss-ery chicken for me from the Costco's. Say...once every week for the next four weeks?"

Grim snorted. "Yeah right. Do I look like I've got a membership? Make it Walmart for the next three weeks."

9. - Top - End - #579
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Well don't got much other choice, so bring it on :P

10. - Top - End - #580
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Sigh, RL keeps interrupting. Ok, time to make the first discipline roll. How much Power do you want to channel on the first try? Remember you can channel up to your Conviction without taking stress, but if you fail yor Discipline roll, ALL the power contibuted thus far in the rituals comes back to you as backlash. Each time segment could be an hour or more of game time, so if you wanted to be totally safe you can just channel one each time and the two of you could reach the 10 required power in 5 time segments.

11. - Top - End - #581
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Well, I got +5 discipline and conviction, so let's go for 4 shifts of power. Still in my favor, but fast.

(4d6)[6][2][3][6](17) +5
    Total: 6
    Edit: Dang, could have done 5. Ah well.
    Last edited by Major; 2012-10-17 at 02:35 PM.

12. - Top - End - #582
    Titan in the Playground

Harry, wanting to test the effectiveness of this new circle, starts off with one shift of power, easily controlling it. "Well, so far so good..." says the warden commander. As you channel for the next time period, sudden there is a knock on the door! "Police! Open up!"

Cripes! What do you do? You can either let the energies flow off harmlessly or try to finish this off all in one go and only have the police wait a *little* bit. There is no middle ground. Release or get 5 shifts of energy between the two of you. However, that "Extra Tired" is starting to take its toll on you. Your next Discipline roll will be at a -2. How much do you want to contribute, if at all?

13. - Top - End - #583
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"Knew we shouldn't have trusted that bitch..." Amber growls, "I'm frying her next time I see her." She says clenching her fist and trying to focus on the spell.

Spoiler
    Show

Let's see, I did 4 last time, Harry did 1, that's 5. He should be able to get 3 if I go for 2.

2 shifts of power
    (4d6)[3][4][3][5](15)+5 -2
    Total: 4
    Last edited by Major; 2012-10-17 at 04:48 PM.

14. - Top - End - #584
    Titan in the Playground

"Just focus for now...deal with the police after we finish...very delicate last parts..."

The two wardens manage to successfully finish the ritual, sweat dripping down their cheeks. "Warden Ranoue, I will need to analyze the findings. Please go answer the door."

Spoiler
    Show
    Harry attempts to control 3 shifts of power with a Discipline of 5. (4d3-3)[4]
    Last edited by Frosty; 2012-10-18 at 12:23 AM.

15. - Top - End - #585
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Amber nods as she gets up and quickly moves to the door making sure to shut and lock the magic room as she leaves. With a deep breath she opens the door a crack and flashes a charming smile, "Yes officers? Can I help you?" She asks trying to give them a good starting impression.

Spoiler
    Show

Not sure if rapport or presence. Presence is +3, Rapport is +2
    (4d6)[1][4][5][1](11)
    Edit: ouuuuuch...
    If presence: 2
    If Rapport: 1
    Last edited by Major; 2012-10-18 at 02:23 AM.

16. - Top - End - #586
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    What is Amber currently wearing?

17. - Top - End - #587
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    That is a good question...Damn it, considering current events I'm probably in my magic clothing default outfit which according to my sheet is...

"a black mini-skirt and a black sleeveless top that exposes her midriff, but covers her cleavage" "She also wears black leather gloves on both hands (see enchanted and focus items). In regards to jewelry she tends to wear very little, just a necklace and earrings. Her ears have a few piercings, two in the normal spots and one up at the top. She also has a belly-button piercing, but doesn't wear it as often as her other pieces of jewelry. " "missions she wears a sports bra"

So...
    Black mini-skirt, black sleeveless top that exposes midriff, black leather gloves, her ears are pierced, a necklace, belly button ring, sports bra. I'd assume she'd have left the cloak in the magic room.

Glove description btw:
    Right glove: the glove is meant to look like a normal glove to avoid drawing attention and only people focusing hard on it will notice the tiny magical rune ( rune on tip of pointer finger)

Left glove: This gloves rune is on the inside palm otherwise the same as the right

18. - Top - End - #588
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Awww ... I was hoping you were still in the bathrobe assemble from the last house!

And what happened to your nurses outfit!

19. - Top - End - #589
    Titan in the Playground

Two officers, one male, one female, appear standing at the door, dressed int he standard police uniforms. "Hello, Ms.Ranoue, we'd like to ask about a vehicle parked out front that atches the description of..."

It is at that time that there is radio chatter. The male answers the radio. "This is unit 24. Uhh huh. Yeah. We're at the model's place. Should be done in...wait what? Can you repeat? Are you SURE? Alright, ten four, copy that."

Putting the radio away, he says, "There appears to be a misunderstanding. We will not need to be questioning you after all. Have a good day, Ms. Ranoue."

As the two officers leave, they look confused. "What was that?" "I dunno. Higher up just said we're barking up the wrong tree..."

It is about this time that the rest of you get back to Amber's place as well. You all see the police officers walk out.

20. - Top - End - #590
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"Oh, no problem. Let me know if you need anything!" Amber says waving good bye to the officers with a friendly smile. Once they were gone, she shut the door and went back inside rolling her eyes and mumbling about being stupid pawns.

21. - Top - End - #591
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Not sure if Joe gave me any more info after my last offer ... did I find out where Boffo hole's up?

Grim had been walking for a bit, since amazingly enough, Amber's house wasn't right in front of a bus stop. As he neared the house, he slowed as he watched the cops leaving the premises. He kept walking past her house as they pulled away, only going back once they were around the corner.

"Hey, what kinda party were y'all having while we were gone? And did I miss the nurse's outfit?" He pouted as he waited for her to answer.

22. - Top - End - #592
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"Yep, we even had the guys in the police outfits too." Amber says with a shrug as she heads back to the magic room.

23. - Top - End - #593
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Crazy Joe said to check back with him the next day.

At this time, Harry also emerges. "I think I've got a better sense of what these...monstrosities are, or at least some of their qualities. What I've learned disturbs me. Physically, they are like ghouls in that they are very strong, and very agile. The main difference is that they appear to spread via a supernatural infection or taint of some sort. If they take a bite out of you, you start slowly turning into one of those creatures over time, probably a few days. From what you've described to me and what the ritual revealed, the victims initially keep full use of their brains, but the hunger they feel for massive amounts of meat eventually turns them into...what you saw. I think that when they lose enough of themselves, they become docile enough to control. At the rate these ghouls can propagate, one can raise a small army within weeks. If someone is indeed doing so, the main issues would be keeping the new ghouls in check, and hiding the army and keeping it fed until the mastermind is ready to attack."

24. - Top - End - #594
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"Well the boss is a White Court Vampire who got half his face burnt to hell." Amber says with a smirk, "Though finding him might be a problem, he'll probably end up hiding knowing we are looking for him."

25. - Top - End - #595
    Ogre in the Playground

Brando shows up with Grim, and a Starbucks cup that apparently belonged to some "Zoey" girl

"Hi. Anyone want some coffee? I stole it from an intern who messed up her stitches. I usually don't drink coffee, but since I might need to stay awake a bit more. It tastes as horrible as I remember..."

He also throws a can of energy drink into the garbage can. Brando wasn't exactly a good person to pull all-nighters.

After the explications by Harry are done,

"Well, we saw two of them so far. One that got killed ,and another ran into the burning warehouse so I guess those two are down. Any chance this infection is gone? Also, how easy was to make the first one? If we eliminate them all could they be repllicated by some other annoying vampire?"

26. - Top - End - #596
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Grim glanced at Brando with a raised eyebrow. "You don't get out much, do you? No body, no dead. Which means, if the big bad is in hiding, you've got a hungry, infectious beastie running around New Cannes. 28 Days Later, anyone? Twelve Monkeys? Doomsday? Outbreak? Doesn't matter what evil plan Mr. GQ had, if he's not in control, this will be out-of-control in a couple of days."

Reaching out, he took the coffee Brando offered and took a long sip. "So, I hear Aruba's nice this time of year ..."

27. - Top - End - #597
    Titan in the Playground

Harry continues, "It could be more than one. A lot more than one. So, the question is, where might one hide and feed monsters that need massive amounts of meat each day?"

28. - Top - End - #598
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Grim stared at Harry for a long moment, then growled. For a moment, the facade that normally hid his real face slipped, revealing an almost alien visage beneath - bright, angry emerald green cat's eyes looked out from a feline face with a fanged mouth. As quickly as it appeared, it was gone and Grim stood, eyes half-lidded again.

Sighing, Grim shook his head. "I suppose you'd go someplace where you had a nearly limitless supply that nobody would report ... because they couldn't or because they didn't care.

Like a homeless shelter."

29. - Top - End - #599
    Ogre in the Playground

"Unless normal animal meat can be used too, in which case I think Aria would call the homeless shelter as impractical. Then, I supposed she'd say you should create a fake buffet service or restaurant so you could order large amounts of meat without suspicion. But of course, you don't ask all your meat from the same place, you'd take about...10%, maybe 20 from each of the main dealers in the town. Not really the same amount from each, as I guess you could just order more of the low-quality meat and the monsters wouldn't care"

Obviously, he didn't think of all that right now. He tought of the first part, and the last was something he'd do when he couldn't quite resist his primal urges as a Liger. Having a were-form based on your bestial, animal spirit did quite a bit to one's mind. Being a were-something probably did that, but since he was more tightly connect to his other form he assumed he had to deal with it a bit more...

30. - Top - End - #600
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Grim shrugged his shoulders. "Well, Aria knows more than I do about homeless shelters. I mean, at the one I just visited, folks said there's not as much meat in the food anymore ... and at least one regular is missing. But I'm sure that's coincidence ..."

He found a seat and sat down. "So somebody gonna call the meat-packing plants?"