Page 10 of 37 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 300 of 1109

Thread: New Cannes (IC)

  1. - Top - End - #271
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DukeGod's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    If you change back, you'll probably be naked.
    He tries to approach the girl so he can actually see to her injuries and others aniway.
    This is Doctors Without Borders all over again...

    Spoiler
    Show
    He's got more pressing concerns. Like the girl's health...
    Also, forgot I can roll on an Edited post, here's the roll
    (4d3-3)[4]
    Scholarship (+5)
    Last edited by DukeGod; 2012-06-04 at 08:29 PM.
    Biggest thanks to Dirtytabs for the Ponytar! He's so surturian and got thay ymeronian mane!

    HEXA!

  2. - Top - End - #272
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Frosty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

    Doreen still isn't going to let Brando come near until Amber...or SOMEONE explains what's going on.
    NS2...it's time to evolve again.

  3. - Top - End - #273
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DukeGod's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

    "I can't really explain but let me make this clear, Mrs. Doreen. Your daughter has been bit AND left in this place without food. In a place such as this, with a dead body and the monster, the bite may have gotten infected. Not to mention any other possible wounds. I am a doctor. Step aside and let me treat her
    Biggest thanks to Dirtytabs for the Ponytar! He's so surturian and got thay ymeronian mane!

    HEXA!

  4. - Top - End - #274
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Frosty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

    DukeGod: With that, Doreen finally relents, and lets you examine her daughter. She still holds her shotgun in her hands however.

    Brando finds that the wound has closed, and there doesn't *appear* to be any infection, but who knows what supernatural wierdness might be going on? The girl also looks hungry.
    NS2...it's time to evolve again.

  5. - Top - End - #275
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

    With all the talk going around and around, Grim couldn't take it anymore. He threw his hands in exasperation and stalked back over to the dead body. "Dammit, Doreen, shut up! You asked for someone to find your daughter, we did that. If you don't like how we did it, think back to yesterday when you were sitting around crying about her being missing! Jesus, lady, you've got some nerve to bitch at us about answers ... you got what you wanted, now go home!"

    Kicking the dead ghoul, he waved his pistol at it. "You want to know what's going on? Scary sh*!. You want more? Cuz I guarantee that you step across that line and the things that go bump in the night will be coming for you!"

    Looking at Brando, he shakes his head. "Leave her alone ... let Mommy dearest handle it ... she's got it covered!"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Two things: 1) It's not a lot of fun when the rolling goes sour and what should've been an easy fake out has turned into a Mexican stand-off ...

    2) Grim's not just being a **** (nor am I!), but he's blowing off some steam by way of his aspect "Hard-boiled" ... which means he's not the most sympathetic of sorts
    Posting may be distracted for the next few months - I'm in a bit of transition!
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  6. - Top - End - #276
    Troll in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

    Amber is quiet for a bit, amused at the woman's distress. She nods when Grim snaps, "As he said, you find things out you are risking things that go bump in the night coming for you. But you want the truth? Fine, let's hope you can handle the truth." She says. "I'm part of an organization that exist to keep those things from hurting people and stopping them when they do try. When they succeed I hunt them down for justice." She says. "And most of all when people with crazy powers go crazy, I cut them down. I'm what is known as a Warden and these two are people with special powers, GOOD people with special powers helping me with my REAL job."

    She opens her wallet showing it looks much different this time, "That badge I created, that beam I fired, it's magic. Yes, magic is real. That monster, a ghoul. Yes ghouls are real. That man? A vampire. Yes vampires are real, no they don't sparkle." She vents, "Now, ghouls do NOT infect people like its some video game, they are born. So something is wrong and to be honest I don't know what. Now if you would do me a favor, do you have a cellphone? I'd show you more magic, but if my badge creation, the attack on the ghoul, and the attack on the vampire, and the attack on that chain didn't prove it well then you'll have to wait because right now I'm getting REALLY pissed off due to a headache from overexerting my self trying to save a little girl while a mortal gets in the way and demands and harasses and yells!" She finishes with a yell as she grips her head trying to push the headache away.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Amber's annoyed as hell and yes she's being snappy because of the headache and the stress mixed with the fact that she has a mortal butting in, a vampire that escaped, and a ghoul that might not be a ghoul if it somehow infected the girl. Now she has to get a hold of her boss and admit she can't do it and derp derp her job she sucks at. Given the last part isn't true, but its how she feels being a new warden and already have to get help lol
    Last edited by Major; 2012-06-04 at 09:29 PM.

  7. - Top - End - #277
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Frosty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

    Doreen is quiet for once. Now that her girl is back with her and doesn't appear to be in imminent danger of dying, she can finally take a few deep breaths.

    After listening to Amber, she nods at Amber's request and digs into a pocket and retrieves her cell phone. "Magic...monsters...what...what is this..." Hmm...maybe a bit of shell shock setting in. "Hey, my phone...it's dead for some reason. But, there's a pay phone a few blocks down I think."
    NS2...it's time to evolve again.

  8. - Top - End - #278
    Troll in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

    "It's probably because electronics don't work around me. I'll need you to make a call for me if it works again once you move further. Otherwise we'll head to my place and use my rotary phone." She says with a sigh, "I kinda screw over electronics. Can I trust you to make the phone call that can save your daughter while keeping it secret. Because I guarantee you that a normal hospital and the police can't handle vampires, magic, and ghouls."

    She list off the number she had for her regional commander. "He runs some detective business or whatever...tell him Warden Amber called and to please meet with her as soon as possible or something because there are some abnormal ghouls that might be trying to turn children." She says not entirely sure it was true, but figured it'd be simpler to give a message she thought was true and then tell her boss she was speculating when talking in person. Amber growled annoyed at having to ask for help so soon after starting her job, but at the same time knowing her pride would have to come second to informing the Wardens of these weird ghouls and saving the girl. She refrained from telling Doreen that she doubted the little girl could be saved and the main goal was to warn the Council for obvious reasons.

    "Oh...and bring one of those two with you if you have to go to the payphone. I don't want him coming back and going after you two."
    She adds. "I'll destroy the body and check for clues while you guys are gone."
    Last edited by Major; 2012-06-04 at 10:34 PM.

  9. - Top - End - #279
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Frosty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

    "I...I'll take the umm...err...what exactly are you, doctor? In any case, please accompany my daughter and I to the pay phone."

    As for Amber and Grim, how will you destroy the body and look for clues?
    NS2...it's time to evolve again.

  10. - Top - End - #280
    Troll in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    "I...I'll take the umm...err...what exactly are you, doctor? In any case, please accompany my daughter and I to the pay phone."

    As for Amber and Grim, how will you destroy the body and look for clues?
    Spoiler
    Show
    There is one beautiful thing in the world...something that purifies, cleanses, and destroys. Something that can both heal and kill. Somethings even more amazing then magic. It's called...

    Fire.

    I'll be burninating the ghoul's body all Trogdor style and trying to burn and destroy anything that looks supernatural. Might as well blow a whole in the roof also so that in the morning sunlight can remove any magic stuff.

    Once the burning is done...uhh...I'll open my sight and look for magic stuff on the inside. Let me know of any rolls, I'll do sight and all those when we get to them.

  11. - Top - End - #281
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Frosty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

    Spoiler
    Show
    Amber's Investigation (as a knowledge skill) roll @ Mediocre: (4d3-8)[0]Okay, Amber will be using fire spells to burn the body and to punch a hole in the roof?
    Last edited by Frosty; 2012-06-04 at 11:07 PM.
    NS2...it's time to evolve again.

  12. - Top - End - #282
    Troll in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Amber's Investigation (as a knowledge skill) roll @ Mediocre: [roll0]Okay, Amber will be using fire spells to burn the body and to punch a hole in the roof?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hmm...sure, was debating spirit for the roof, but it looking like a nice natural fire might be better.

  13. - Top - End - #283
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Frosty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

    Spoiler
    Show
    And how doe sshe plan on controlling the fire? Once it leaves her, fire is fire. It may spread.
    NS2...it's time to evolve again.

  14. - Top - End - #284
    Troll in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

    Spoiler
    Show

    A good question, to which I point out the third of Amber's three elements. Another one that, while not as cool as fire, is useful. It's necessary to live, it thrives on the love of white t-shirts, and it enjoys the taste of unsuspecting people being pushed into it. What is this element you might ask?

    Water!

    ...damn, making a fun poetic fire reference was much more fun then for water.

    If we need a fan I'm afraid I can't help with that one...Air is closed to me. As is earth.
    Last edited by Major; 2012-06-04 at 11:50 PM.

  15. - Top - End - #285
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Frosty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

    Spoiler
    Show
    You know you're still tired fromt he fight right? Are you sure you want to take this route? Also, the White Court may have an opinion on you burning down one of their warehouses.
    NS2...it's time to evolve again.

  16. - Top - End - #286
    Troll in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know you're still tired fromt he fight right? Are you sure you want to take this route? Also, the White Court may have an opinion on you burning down one of their warehouses.
    Spoiler
    Show

    *ponders* Ugh...I'm going to hate and regret it...but as evidenced by one of my aspects "girls just wanna have fun" she definitely enjoys the thought of burning down their warehouse and burning a goal.

    Honestly, the only reason she's not leaving the fire (after we've searched for clues) is because of fear of hurting innocents.

    Plus she's more thinking of the escaped vampire. He might have escaped but she'll take his ghoul and his warehouse as payback. She's a bit unhappy with his trying to trick and manipulate her and take advantage of her newness. His escape annoyed her cause she's a sore loser.

    Plus the headache has her pissed and wanting to blow some steam. All in all I think the combo of "Ends Justify the Means" "Headache" and "Girls just wanna have fun" are all creating a rather destructive environment :P

    So I'll be stupid and do something I'm probably going to regret...And I've got a justification if the White Court or the Council get upset. It's justifiable actually if argued a certain way... >:)

  17. - Top - End - #287
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Frosty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

    Spoiler
    Show
    Alright, start your spells...
    NS2...it's time to evolve again.

  18. - Top - End - #288
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

    Grim rolled his eyes as the women came to an 'understanding.' What started as a Mexican stand-off quickly turned into something from the Lifetime channel. At least Doreen wandered off with Brando as her male escort for the evening.

    Standing next to Amber, he glanced down at the ghoul, then around the warehouse. "I suppose I'll take a look around ..."

    With a burst of movement, he rushed through the warehouse, looking for anything that might earn him a Scooby Snack ... or in Amber's case, a Booby snack.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Investigate: (4d3-6)[3]. Awareness: (4d3-3)[4]
    Posting may be distracted for the next few months - I'm in a bit of transition!
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  19. - Top - End - #289
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Frosty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

    Grim's quick search does not turn up anything of value as far as solving this case is concerned. There are also no other monsters found, although he did find a skeleton of a cat. Looks like something ate it and picked its bones clean.
    NS2...it's time to evolve again.

  20. - Top - End - #290
    Troll in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

    Spoiler
    Show
    Just roll as normal? Just curious how long it takes for stress to go away or if I'm going to REALLY mess Amber up lol.


    Amber walks over to the ghouls body and glances down. It had seemed to be still alive barely after Doreen was done and she wanted to check before she got too close.

  21. - Top - End - #291
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Frosty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

    Spoiler
    Show
    My rule of thumb is a 15 minute rest to clear the stress track.


    It's not getting back up. Killing it now would be a mercy really.
    NS2...it's time to evolve again.

  22. - Top - End - #292
    Troll in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

    Spoiler
    Show

    *ponders if Amber is that patient* On one hand...I got two options. One, light **** on fire and then be too exhausted to use the water thus burning **** down and be all like "opps".

    OR

    Wait for fifteen minutes and help explore in the meantime...choices, choices.


    Seeing the ghoul still alive she grinned. "Oh...this is too good to be true." She says as she gets a dark fire in her eyes. "Hey, Grim how much destruction should I cause to hide things? Bare minimum or should we give the finger to that *******?"
    Last edited by Major; 2012-06-05 at 01:16 AM.

  23. - Top - End - #293
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

    "Hey, Grim how much destruction should I cause to hide things? Bare minimum or should we give the finger to that *******?"

    Grim shrugged his shoulders, glancing around the warehouse. "I don't give two craps about the vamps ... your people will have to live with the consequences.". Of course, that could mean Grim might also get those consequences, but he was a little preoccupied.

    Having found no overt clues, it was time to blow this Popsicle stand ... and apparently, Amber meant that literally.
    Posting may be distracted for the next few months - I'm in a bit of transition!
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  24. - Top - End - #294
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DukeGod's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

    "I'm human. But I learned to shed this form and assume my other one. If you're not interested into that, just call me a Wereliger. Your daughter seems good enough, but if we find some in the way we should get her some snacks."
    Biggest thanks to Dirtytabs for the Ponytar! He's so surturian and got thay ymeronian mane!

    HEXA!

  25. - Top - End - #295
    Troll in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

    Upon hearing Grim's words, Amber hesitates for a moment before shaking her head, "Unlikely, he was by himself so most likely he was rogue and even if he wasn't it would be in the White Court's best interest to claim that he was." Amber comments, "Otherwise, they have to explain why a Warden was investigating a kidnapped girl who was NOT a willing target. She clearly didn't want to be there which means she wasn't one of their willing cattle. It's my job to stop them from attacking regular, unwilling mortals." She states with a shrug, "Plus he tried to throw a mental against Doreen according to her...and what all of us will say, thus meaning we came to investigate, he lied to a Warden about her being a willing cattle in his area, and then he threw an attack at us first. Clearly it was an act of self-defense on our part and the warehouse was unfortunately caught in the cross-fire." She smirks, "I don't know about you, Grim, but I think lying outweighs the chance to destroy some Vampire territory and get away with it due to technicalities."

  26. - Top - End - #296
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Frosty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

    Doreen, Stacy and Brando reach the payphone. It is one of those old-fashioned ones with an actual decent-sized booth and everything! Doreen suggests, "We shouldn't all squeeze into the booth. Too vulnerable if we're all in one confine space. You should watch from elsewhere." She takes her daughter with her inside the booth.
    NS2...it's time to evolve again.

  27. - Top - End - #297
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

    Grim smiled that overly wide smile of his. "You know, I'm pretty shallow, Amber. I don't really need much of an excuse to f(*k up some vamps. Blast away!"
    Posting may be distracted for the next few months - I'm in a bit of transition!
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  28. - Top - End - #298
    Troll in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

    "Sweet, alright then," She says lifting her hand and waving it all over "Feu" She says simply as fire burst from her hands and aims everywhere.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Shifts of power: 5 (divided out to spread the fire all over to hit multiple targets so its a weak fire but all over. Perhaps three on the ghoul then one and one? Or two, one, one, one?)
    Control:
    (4d6)[2][4][3][5](14) +5
    Need: 5
    Total: 5

    If I can I'm taking that stress damage, thus I'm taken out and she passes out from too much magic use. If I can't cast the spell and take damage at same time then moderate consequence: extremely exhausted


    As she tried to control the spell she suddenly stumbled backward confused. "What the..." She said surprised. "I can't..." She gripped her head and nearly stumbled over.
    Last edited by Major; 2012-06-06 at 01:17 AM.

  29. - Top - End - #299
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Frosty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

    Spoiler
    Show
    You are allowed to cast the spell then pass out, but then who's gonna put OUT the fire? You just gonna let it burn on its own?
    Last edited by Frosty; 2012-06-06 at 01:21 AM.
    NS2...it's time to evolve again.

  30. - Top - End - #300
    Troll in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    You are allowed to cast the spell then pass out, but then who's gonna put OUT the fire? You just gonna let it burn on its own?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Opps too tired to put out the fire anyways :P I either take a moderate consequence and a severe, or just pass out. If there was someway I didn't know about that could let me cast two spells at once or something maybe. But I think I'm going to accidentally burn **** down and then have Amber freak out later and get a bit worried that she just accidentally caused a massive fire >.>

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •