Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 330 of 1109

Thread: New Cannes (IC)

  1. - Top - End - #301
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Frosty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, I'm going to wait for DukeGod then. Things are about to get time sensitive.
    NS2...it's time to evolve again.

  2. - Top - End - #302
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DukeGod's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

    A bit distrustful, but since Doreen backed away when he gave her good reasons to examine her daughter, Brando sees himself in a similar situation. He agrees but let's her known he'll stay nearby aniway
    Biggest thanks to Dirtytabs for the Ponytar! He's so surturian and got thay ymeronian mane!

  3. - Top - End - #303
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Frosty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

    The ghoul is set on fire, sealing its fate. The walls and ceiling are catching fire as well. Smoke starts filling the warehouse...with Amber going unconscious inside!

    Brando notices nothing unusual for the time being, but please give me an Alertness roll with every IC post for the time being.
    NS2...it's time to evolve again.

  4. - Top - End - #304
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

    As the spell goes off, Grim watches for a moment in fascination as flames erupt and go ... well, everywhere. He started to get a little nervous when he heard Amber moan and stumble. Turning, he caught the Warden before she face planted, trying to support her.

    Lifting the slight woman over his shoulder, Grim made for the door, eyes constantly scanning for any last minute surprises. Once out, he headed for across the street, where he could watch the warehouse from the relative safety of the shadows.

    Looking down at the dazed magician, he shook his head with a grin. She certainly doesn't do things halfway ... Brushing the hair out of her eyes, he stared for a moment, then shook his head and leaned her up against the wall, somewhat unceremoniously.

    "Let's not go down that path ... attraction leads to attachments ... attachments lead to leverage ... leverage leads to the dark side, and we can't have that ..."
    Posting as normal - weekends are limited, weekdays are good!

    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  5. - Top - End - #305
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Frosty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

    (waiting for Brando's Alertness roll)
    NS2...it's time to evolve again.

  6. - Top - End - #306
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DukeGod's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

    Waiting outside, Brando walks around a bit, paying attention to his surroundings. This would've been much easier if he could enter his other form but it wasn't a good idea

    So, his human senses would have to do. He also keeps telling himself not to get overconfident and thinking he'd be able to notice something this way too

    Spoiler
    Show
    (4d3-7)[-3] Alertness (+1)
    Biggest thanks to Dirtytabs for the Ponytar! He's so surturian and got thay ymeronian mane!

  7. - Top - End - #307
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Frosty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

    Brando still doesn't quite notice anything strange quite yet. Doreen looks like she's taking her time to calm down her daughter. It seems like it's working, and Doreen starts dialing.

    Please make another Alertness roll.

    Meanwhile, Amber is still unconscious. She looks absolutely *exhausted* and won't be back up for a little while. The fire grows bigger.
    NS2...it's time to evolve again.

  8. - Top - End - #308
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DukeGod's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

    As he looks into the booth, Brando gets a bit more relaxed. Stacey seemed to be calming down. He still had no idea of what the ghoul's bite might have done, even if it should've been like any normal bite.

    As he strolls around a bit, looking, he begins to list in his mind what kind of tests one should make to find out if she has been..."infected" for lack of a better word

    Spoiler
    Show
    Alertness Roll (+1)
    (4d3-7)[0]
    Biggest thanks to Dirtytabs for the Ponytar! He's so surturian and got thay ymeronian mane!

  9. - Top - End - #309
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Frosty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

    Brando can't be quite sure, but he thinks...he smells smoke? Coming from the direction of the warehouse they were all in. Keep in mind he has no idea about Amber's plan to burn the whole place down.
    NS2...it's time to evolve again.

  10. - Top - End - #310
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

    Sighing, Grim watched the flames and smoke increase. Starring down at Amber, then back to the flames, he shook his head. Finally, he reached down and put the Warden over his shoulder, then started looking for the direction in which Brando, Doreen and the girl went. Shrugging to himself, he started in whichever direction seemed the best, trying to put some distance between himself and the soon-to-be raging inferno

    Spoiler
    Show
    Awareness Check, using supernatural senses (ears like a cat, sees in the dark, smells magic) to determine the direction Brando went (sound, scuff marks, etc): (4d3-3)[5]; not sure what else we might need right now
    Posting as normal - weekends are limited, weekdays are good!

    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  11. - Top - End - #311
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Frosty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

    It is difficult for Grim to use his smell to track currently, as the flames and the smoke takes up much of the smell "spectrum" right now. Grim would need to move further away from the inferno before he might use smell to track.
    NS2...it's time to evolve again.

  12. - Top - End - #312
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DukeGod's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

    Looking at the direction of the warehouse, and sniffing a bit, Brando begins to wonder what the hell is going on there

    He keeps his eye opened just in case
    Biggest thanks to Dirtytabs for the Ponytar! He's so surturian and got thay ymeronian mane!

  13. - Top - End - #313
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Frosty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

    Brando's Alertness roll of Average (+1): (4d3-7)[2]

    Now actually paying attention to that direction, Brando can tell that the warehouse over there is ON FIRE! Doreen appears to be waiting for someone on the other side to pick up.

    What do the PCs wish to do?

    Btw the fire is growing bigger. Does anyone wish to call the fire department? If not, that's fine too.
    Last edited by Frosty; 2012-06-11 at 07:18 PM.
    NS2...it's time to evolve again.

  14. - Top - End - #314
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

    Grim grumbled to himself, carrying the comatose mage over his shoulder. He was so out of sorts, he didn't even try to cop a quick feel ... although against a sleeping target, it wasn't nearly as much fun.

    Glancing back and forth, he decided on walking back in the direction they originally came from. Best to put some distance between him and the building before the fire department showed up.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Not planning on calling the fire department ... Trying to avoid attention, albeit with a woman on my shoulder.
    Posting as normal - weekends are limited, weekdays are good!

    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  15. - Top - End - #315
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Frosty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

    (Ok, who's fine with me NPCing Brando for now?)
    NS2...it's time to evolve again.

  16. - Top - End - #316
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DukeGod's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

    (I'm here O_o. I never saw this post, I tought I was the last one to post)

    Approaching Doreen, Brando opens the booth a bit, and just as calmly states

    "It seems like the warehouse is on fire. Once you're done with that call I think you should also call the Fire Department..."

    He holds fast there. He had to protect those two for now. On the other hand he is already making plans as to wether having them riding him as a Liger will be acceptable(and possible). Sometimes people don't want to be practical
    Biggest thanks to Dirtytabs for the Ponytar! He's so surturian and got thay ymeronian mane!

  17. - Top - End - #317
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Frosty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

    Spoiler
    Show
    Next time, if you don't see activity in a few days, you should check the thread (and the OOC thread) anyways


    As Brando speaks with Doreen, he sees...another Ghoul? This one is moving very, very quickly towards the direction of the fire...or is that towards the booth? The booth is actually in the way so you're not sure what the ghoul's goal is. What does Brando do? If the ghoul is gunning for the warehouse for some reason, Brando can shift into something with high athletics, he might be able to keep up and warn Grim and the unconscious Amber (and perhaps help out if any fight breaks out). Of course, there's always the possibility that the ghoul is here to try to attack you or Doreen directly. If attacking you, brando might also choose to lure the ghoul away from Doreen and Stacy to keep them safe. Last option of course is to just try to fight the ghoul right here, next to the booth. Brando would have the advantage of mom with combat shotgun, but the girl would be in danger.
    Last edited by Frosty; 2012-06-20 at 02:48 AM.
    NS2...it's time to evolve again.

  18. - Top - End - #318
    Troll in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

    Spoiler
    Show
    Just to show that I'm still here...


    Amber remains asleep oblivious to her surroundings.

  19. - Top - End - #319
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm here, too ... Grim started walking back in the direction they came from with Amber, since he couldn't find which way Brando went.
    Posting as normal - weekends are limited, weekdays are good!

    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  20. - Top - End - #320
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DukeGod's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

    And once again, Brando has to annoy Doreen, but this time he stands in front of the booth in the direction the ghoul is coming from, pretty much positioning to intercept in case it's coming after them

    "Incoming enemy"
    Biggest thanks to Dirtytabs for the Ponytar! He's so surturian and got thay ymeronian mane!

  21. - Top - End - #321
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Frosty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

    The ghoul runs past Brando, apparently heading towards the warehouse.
    NS2...it's time to evolve again.

  22. - Top - End - #322
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Frosty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

    (DukeGod, you MUST post more Come on, how long are you going to make us wait to move the story along?)
    NS2...it's time to evolve again.

  23. - Top - End - #323
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DukeGod's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

    (College tests are messing up my times X_X)

    "Not cool"

    Not wanting to leave Doreen behind, he signals for her to hurry and looks around his clothes for his cellphone

    He had to call Grey (cause Amber probably doesn't have a working cellphone)
    Biggest thanks to Dirtytabs for the Ponytar! He's so surturian and got thay ymeronian mane!

  24. - Top - End - #324
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

    Spoiler
    Show
    I will edit if this isn't what actually happens


    Grim felt the vibration of the phone, rolling his eyes as he tried to carry Amber inconspicuously out of range of the burning warehouse. Who the f(*k would be calling me now?

    Pausing in a doorway to prop Amber up in the corner, he reached down and pulled the phone out of his pocket. "Yo."
    Posting as normal - weekends are limited, weekdays are good!

    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  25. - Top - End - #325
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Frosty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

    (the call goes through. Go ahead and roleplay it out, but the ghoul is FAST so you don't have much time to talk)

    Doreen appears to talk more quickly, and the little girl Stacy hugs her mother's leg closely as the ghoul runs by.
    NS2...it's time to evolve again.

  26. - Top - End - #326
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DukeGod's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

    "You got a ghoulf of some sort running towards the warehouse so be wary. Let Amber now, a prepared wizard should be a terrifying sight right? Maybe she can snipe it or something. Will try to catch up once Doreen is done here"
    Biggest thanks to Dirtytabs for the Ponytar! He's so surturian and got thay ymeronian mane!

  27. - Top - End - #327
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

    Grim snorted into the phone, now looking over his shoulder. "Uh, Amber can't come to the phone right now ... she's having sleepy time. I'm rabbiting in the direction we came in. You'd best hurry, or you'll be picking Warden chunks out of our friend's teeth."

    Of course, Grim didn't add that he'd most likely dump the wizard if it meant saving his own a$$, but it was probably best left unsaid. Glancing at Amber, he decided to screw inconspicuous and go for 'Get the Hell Out of Here!' Grunting, Grim threw the woman over his shoulder and put the pedal to the medal, flitting in and out of the shadows like a silver ghost.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Time to go! Grabbing the girl and moving at top speed to avoid an unfortunate choice between fighting a ghoul and dropping the girl as bait
    Posting as normal - weekends are limited, weekdays are good!

    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  28. - Top - End - #328
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Frosty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

    Spoiler
    Show
    Ok, so basiclly you're grabbing the unconscious Amber and heading out the way you came into this district, and letting Brando and Dorren and Stacy catch up later?

    Grim carries Amber with haste, and behind him the fire grows steadily bigger. He does not see the ghoul chasing after him (or see the ghoul at all).

    Meanwhile, back at the phone booth, Doreen seems agitated, but the converastion seems to be winding down. After another minute or so, she hangs up.
    NS2...it's time to evolve again.

  29. - Top - End - #329
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DukeGod's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

    "Sorry Doreen but I'm in a bit of a hurry so, I'm afraid you gonna have to mount my liger form..."

    Brando speaks and once finished starts the shapeshift without caring to remove his clothes. They end up pretty shreded and he gets rid of whatever straps are left that hamper him. Then he lies on the ground waiting for the woman and her daughter to mount.

    It had been one hell of a day...

    Spoiler
    Show
    Superb(+5) Endurance, Athletics
    Great(+4) Fists, Alertness
    Good(+3) Intimidation, Might
    Fair(+2) Scholarship, Resources, Presece
    Average(+1) Discipline, Driving, Empathy, Conviction, Contacts

    The skill spread I'll be using. It focus more on keeping a fast pace and noticing things
    Biggest thanks to Dirtytabs for the Ponytar! He's so surturian and got thay ymeronian mane!

  30. - Top - End - #330
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Frosty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

    Spoiler
    Show
    Have you practiced letting people ride you before? If the mount does npot have experience as a mount and the riders are definitely not trained to ride a feline form...


    Doreen looks reluctant. "Can't we just run? I can carry my daughter."
    NS2...it's time to evolve again.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •