New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast

Thread: New Cannes (IC)

1. - Top - End - #301
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

Spoiler
    Show
    Well, I'm going to wait for DukeGod then. Things are about to get time sensitive.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Ogre in the Playground

A bit distrustful, but since Doreen backed away when he gave her good reasons to examine her daughter, Brando sees himself in a similar situation. He agrees but let's her known he'll stay nearby aniway

3. - Top - End - #303
    Titan in the Playground

The ghoul is set on fire, sealing its fate. The walls and ceiling are catching fire as well. Smoke starts filling the warehouse...with Amber going unconscious inside!

Brando notices nothing unusual for the time being, but please give me an Alertness roll with every IC post for the time being.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

As the spell goes off, Grim watches for a moment in fascination as flames erupt and go ... well, everywhere. He started to get a little nervous when he heard Amber moan and stumble. Turning, he caught the Warden before she face planted, trying to support her.

Lifting the slight woman over his shoulder, Grim made for the door, eyes constantly scanning for any last minute surprises. Once out, he headed for across the street, where he could watch the warehouse from the relative safety of the shadows.

Looking down at the dazed magician, he shook his head with a grin. She certainly doesn't do things halfway ... Brushing the hair out of her eyes, he stared for a moment, then shook his head and leaned her up against the wall, somewhat unceremoniously.

"Let's not go down that path ... attraction leads to attachments ... attachments lead to leverage ... leverage leads to the dark side, and we can't have that ..."
    Life is ... life. As always bot/cut as necessary.
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."

Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!y

5. - Top - End - #305
    Titan in the Playground

(waiting for Brando's Alertness roll)

6. - Top - End - #306
    Ogre in the Playground

Waiting outside, Brando walks around a bit, paying attention to his surroundings. This would've been much easier if he could enter his other form but it wasn't a good idea

So, his human senses would have to do. He also keeps telling himself not to get overconfident and thinking he'd be able to notice something this way too

Spoiler
    Show
    (4d3-7)[-3] Alertness (+1)

7. - Top - End - #307
    Titan in the Playground

Brando still doesn't quite notice anything strange quite yet. Doreen looks like she's taking her time to calm down her daughter. It seems like it's working, and Doreen starts dialing.

Please make another Alertness roll.

Meanwhile, Amber is still unconscious. She looks absolutely *exhausted* and won't be back up for a little while. The fire grows bigger.

8. - Top - End - #308
    Ogre in the Playground

As he looks into the booth, Brando gets a bit more relaxed. Stacey seemed to be calming down. He still had no idea of what the ghoul's bite might have done, even if it should've been like any normal bite.

As he strolls around a bit, looking, he begins to list in his mind what kind of tests one should make to find out if she has been..."infected" for lack of a better word

Spoiler
    Show
    Alertness Roll (+1)
    (4d3-7)[0]

9. - Top - End - #309
    Titan in the Playground

Brando can't be quite sure, but he thinks...he smells smoke? Coming from the direction of the warehouse they were all in. Keep in mind he has no idea about Amber's plan to burn the whole place down.

10. - Top - End - #310
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Sighing, Grim watched the flames and smoke increase. Starring down at Amber, then back to the flames, he shook his head. Finally, he reached down and put the Warden over his shoulder, then started looking for the direction in which Brando, Doreen and the girl went. Shrugging to himself, he started in whichever direction seemed the best, trying to put some distance between himself and the soon-to-be raging inferno

Spoiler
    Show
    Awareness Check, using supernatural senses (ears like a cat, sees in the dark, smells magic) to determine the direction Brando went (sound, scuff marks, etc): (4d3-3)[5]; not sure what else we might need right now

11. - Top - End - #311
    Titan in the Playground

It is difficult for Grim to use his smell to track currently, as the flames and the smoke takes up much of the smell "spectrum" right now. Grim would need to move further away from the inferno before he might use smell to track.

12. - Top - End - #312
    Ogre in the Playground

Looking at the direction of the warehouse, and sniffing a bit, Brando begins to wonder what the hell is going on there

He keeps his eye opened just in case

13. - Top - End - #313
    Titan in the Playground

Brando's Alertness roll of Average (+1): (4d3-7)[2]

Now actually paying attention to that direction, Brando can tell that the warehouse over there is ON FIRE! Doreen appears to be waiting for someone on the other side to pick up.

What do the PCs wish to do?

Btw the fire is growing bigger. Does anyone wish to call the fire department? If not, that's fine too.
    Last edited by Frosty; 2012-06-11 at 07:18 PM.

14. - Top - End - #314
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Grim grumbled to himself, carrying the comatose mage over his shoulder. He was so out of sorts, he didn't even try to cop a quick feel ... although against a sleeping target, it wasn't nearly as much fun.

Glancing back and forth, he decided on walking back in the direction they originally came from. Best to put some distance between him and the building before the fire department showed up.

Spoiler
    Show
    Not planning on calling the fire department ... Trying to avoid attention, albeit with a woman on my shoulder.

15. - Top - End - #315
    Titan in the Playground

(Ok, who's fine with me NPCing Brando for now?)

16. - Top - End - #316
    Ogre in the Playground

(I'm here O_o. I never saw this post, I tought I was the last one to post)

Approaching Doreen, Brando opens the booth a bit, and just as calmly states

"It seems like the warehouse is on fire. Once you're done with that call I think you should also call the Fire Department..."

He holds fast there. He had to protect those two for now. On the other hand he is already making plans as to wether having them riding him as a Liger will be acceptable(and possible). Sometimes people don't want to be practical

17. - Top - End - #317
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Next time, if you don't see activity in a few days, you should check the thread (and the OOC thread) anyways

As Brando speaks with Doreen, he sees...another Ghoul? This one is moving very, very quickly towards the direction of the fire...or is that towards the booth? The booth is actually in the way so you're not sure what the ghoul's goal is. What does Brando do? If the ghoul is gunning for the warehouse for some reason, Brando can shift into something with high athletics, he might be able to keep up and warn Grim and the unconscious Amber (and perhaps help out if any fight breaks out). Of course, there's always the possibility that the ghoul is here to try to attack you or Doreen directly. If attacking you, brando might also choose to lure the ghoul away from Doreen and Stacy to keep them safe. Last option of course is to just try to fight the ghoul right here, next to the booth. Brando would have the advantage of mom with combat shotgun, but the girl would be in danger.
    Last edited by Frosty; 2012-06-20 at 02:48 AM.

18. - Top - End - #318
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Just to show that I'm still here...

Amber remains asleep oblivious to her surroundings.

19. - Top - End - #319
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm here, too ... Grim started walking back in the direction they came from with Amber, since he couldn't find which way Brando went.

20. - Top - End - #320
    Ogre in the Playground

And once again, Brando has to annoy Doreen, but this time he stands in front of the booth in the direction the ghoul is coming from, pretty much positioning to intercept in case it's coming after them

"Incoming enemy"

21. - Top - End - #321
    Titan in the Playground

The ghoul runs past Brando, apparently heading towards the warehouse.

22. - Top - End - #322
    Titan in the Playground

(DukeGod, you MUST post more Come on, how long are you going to make us wait to move the story along?)

23. - Top - End - #323
    Ogre in the Playground

(College tests are messing up my times X_X)

"Not cool"

Not wanting to leave Doreen behind, he signals for her to hurry and looks around his clothes for his cellphone

He had to call Grey (cause Amber probably doesn't have a working cellphone)

24. - Top - End - #324
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    I will edit if this isn't what actually happens

Grim felt the vibration of the phone, rolling his eyes as he tried to carry Amber inconspicuously out of range of the burning warehouse. Who the f(*k would be calling me now?

Pausing in a doorway to prop Amber up in the corner, he reached down and pulled the phone out of his pocket. "Yo."

25. - Top - End - #325
    Titan in the Playground

(the call goes through. Go ahead and roleplay it out, but the ghoul is FAST so you don't have much time to talk)

Doreen appears to talk more quickly, and the little girl Stacy hugs her mother's leg closely as the ghoul runs by.

26. - Top - End - #326
    Ogre in the Playground

"You got a ghoulf of some sort running towards the warehouse so be wary. Let Amber now, a prepared wizard should be a terrifying sight right? Maybe she can snipe it or something. Will try to catch up once Doreen is done here"

27. - Top - End - #327
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Grim snorted into the phone, now looking over his shoulder. "Uh, Amber can't come to the phone right now ... she's having sleepy time. I'm rabbiting in the direction we came in. You'd best hurry, or you'll be picking Warden chunks out of our friend's teeth."

Of course, Grim didn't add that he'd most likely dump the wizard if it meant saving his own a$$, but it was probably best left unsaid. Glancing at Amber, he decided to screw inconspicuous and go for 'Get the Hell Out of Here!' Grunting, Grim threw the woman over his shoulder and put the pedal to the medal, flitting in and out of the shadows like a silver ghost.

Spoiler
    Show
    Time to go! Grabbing the girl and moving at top speed to avoid an unfortunate choice between fighting a ghoul and dropping the girl as bait

28. - Top - End - #328
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Ok, so basiclly you're grabbing the unconscious Amber and heading out the way you came into this district, and letting Brando and Dorren and Stacy catch up later?

Grim carries Amber with haste, and behind him the fire grows steadily bigger. He does not see the ghoul chasing after him (or see the ghoul at all).

Meanwhile, back at the phone booth, Doreen seems agitated, but the converastion seems to be winding down. After another minute or so, she hangs up.

29. - Top - End - #329
    Ogre in the Playground

"Sorry Doreen but I'm in a bit of a hurry so, I'm afraid you gonna have to mount my liger form..."

Brando speaks and once finished starts the shapeshift without caring to remove his clothes. They end up pretty shreded and he gets rid of whatever straps are left that hamper him. Then he lies on the ground waiting for the woman and her daughter to mount.

It had been one hell of a day...

Spoiler
    Show
    Superb(+5) Endurance, Athletics
    Great(+4) Fists, Alertness
    Good(+3) Intimidation, Might
    Fair(+2) Scholarship, Resources, Presece
    Average(+1) Discipline, Driving, Empathy, Conviction, Contacts

The skill spread I'll be using. It focus more on keeping a fast pace and noticing things

30. - Top - End - #330
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Have you practiced letting people ride you before? If the mount does npot have experience as a mount and the riders are definitely not trained to ride a feline form...

Doreen looks reluctant. "Can't we just run? I can carry my daughter."