New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: New Cannes (IC)

1. - Top - End - #361
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

Grim shrugged at Brando. "Yeah, but you're not burning warehouses down when you lose your cool ... at least not that I know of. Coffee anyone?" Grim will brew a pot ... not that he needs the caffeine, but it seems like the neighborly thing to do. And it allows him to scope the house a bit more.
    Life is ... life. As always bot/cut as necessary.
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."

Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!y

2. - Top - End - #362
    Ogre in the Playground

"Hey, maybe I'll find a way of becoming a weredragon"

Brando postpones talking to Aria. It was going to be a long and complicated conversation...best to leave it for once everything was accounted for

He picks one of the sandwiches Grim made. He couldn't say much about the girl's possible newfound taste in meat. Not when he was just as carnivorous.

"I'm still feeling particularly feline. Make me some coffee with a lot of milk on it."

3. - Top - End - #363
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Grim nodded. "One cat fancy coming up. Anything for Hot Pants, Kindergarten Cop, or little Regan there?" He whipped up whatever coffee drinks the others requested, taking his with lots of sweetener and a little creamer.

4. - Top - End - #364
    Titan in the Playground

Suddenly, you all hear a SCREAM coming from somewhere else in the house (presumeably towards where the bathroom is). It sounds like Doreen screaming in pain and panic!

5. - Top - End - #365
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Amber growls and mutters something under her breath as the screaming doesn't help her massive headache. "God dammit...how much you want to bet its something to do with the kid and the bite..." She mumbles as she forces herself up.

6. - Top - End - #366
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Grim glanced around, checking to see where Doreen set her weapons before drawing his own pistol and moving forward. "Oh, quick question, Amber ... are ghouls stopped by thresholds?"

Moving towards the screaming, Grim visually checked the doors and windows for signs of entry as he went.

Spoiler
    Show
    Awareness check: (4d3-3)[6]
    Thinking that with all her fatigue, D might have set the weapon down ... of course if she were paranoid of her guests, she might have them still!

7. - Top - End - #367
    Titan in the Playground

Grim doesn't see any signs of doors and windows being forced. He also doesn't see the combat shotgun in the immedaite vicinity. If he wishes to actually take the time, he might use Investigation in order to try to look for it specifically. He'd have to go into the various rooms in the house (like Doreen's bedroom) to make a thorough search.

8. - Top - End - #368
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    No worries ... he'll just continue towards the screaming. More of a quick look, really.

9. - Top - End - #369
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"They shouldn't be able to, but I meant more along the lines of the little girl...she was allowed in I'm sure." Amber says with a sigh, "Whatever, let's go deal with it..."

10. - Top - End - #370
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Waiting for DukeGod now. Btw Amber feels like her powers are not diminished. It is likely Doreen's blanket invitation to you all included you. I think it's intent that matters here?

11. - Top - End - #371
    Ogre in the Playground

Brando simply stuffes the rest of the sandwich and starts to run upstairs

But he's a doctor, so he knows it's not a good idea to run upstairs while eating. That's why he simply swallows it whole. Before speaking

"Damnit, I bet this house won't have enough space for me to go Liger..."

12. - Top - End - #372
    Titan in the Playground

The screams eventually die off. You are all standing in front of the bathroom door.

Brando can go liger...but there may be property damage involved.

13. - Top - End - #373
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Amber sighs as she looks at the door, "Great...can't tell if I'm glad the screaming stopped or worried..." She mumbles rubbing her temple. "Get ready...I got a bad feeling about this."

14. - Top - End - #374
    Ogre in the Playground

Brando nods, then starts the process of his transformation. At least the ones that didn't take a lot of concentration from him.

But he wasn't going to complete it yet. He wanted to avoid it

Taking his hand to the doorknob, he opens it suddenly, and gets in ready for combat

15. - Top - End - #375
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Grim stepped to the side, pistol ready to shoot whatever might be lurking on the other side. His thoughts, however, were on the potential outcome of all this. If the little b*&ch had changed and killed her mother and they ended up offing her, this was going to be a crime scene.

Well done, Grim ... left fingerprints all over the place ... PBJ and coffee? What were you thinking? Dammit, there's a reason why you don't get involved ...

16. - Top - End - #376
    Titan in the Playground

Crime scene? Shoulda thought of that before you all set a fire in the warehouse district! As for here, neighbors probably saw the lot of you walking in too, so things...may get complicated. How's your contacts within the NCPD?

The door to the bathroom appear appears locked (not surprising). If any of you has the tools and skills to lockpick, you may try it. Or, any of you may attempt to use Might to force the door open. You all hear quiet sobbing on the other side.

17. - Top - End - #377
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Amber calls out, "Are you ok in there?" She ask, "We are here for your protection so let us know your safe so we can avoid breaking down the door over confusion."

18. - Top - End - #378
    Titan in the Playground

There continues to be sobbing, and Stacy's voice can be heard quietly, going, "Mommy...mommy..."

19. - Top - End - #379
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Amber steps aside, "Knock the door down boys...I got a bad feeling the mom got hurt somehow..." She quickly adds, "Oh...and just in case its nothing serious boys, back off and let me go in first. If there is something wrong one of you can come in, otherwise let's not have men kicking down and barging in on two ladies."
    Last edited by Major; 2012-07-26 at 02:01 AM.

20. - Top - End - #380
    Ogre in the Playground

"I can't belive I'm actually trying this..."

Brando taps the floor a couple of times with his feet than raises his knee aaaand suddenly kicks the door close to the doorknob

Spoiler
    Show
    Aaand living the cliche it is...
    Fair Might (+2)
    (4d3-6)[2]

21. - Top - End - #381
    Titan in the Playground

The interior door is kicked inwards, revealing the scene beyond. Stacy is on her knees, kneeling besides what can only be Doreen's body. Chunks of it are missing, including the face and big parts of one thigh. There is a large pool of blood on the bathroom floor.

Stacy is sobbing, looking absolutely devastated, her face covered with tears and blood...but definitely not from any of her own wounds. "I'm sorry, mommy...I...I was just so...hungry...I'm sorry..."

When you appraoch, she trusn around, and performs what you swear can only be described as a jump-dive through a window, shattering glass as she passes (think the Matrix movie, except unlike Trinity, Stacy didn't need a running start to get through the window). The window is just large enough for a child to pass through, so unless you want to make a hole in the bathroom wall to chase her, you'll have to head out through the backdoor. Stacy likely landed in the back yard.

22. - Top - End - #382
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Blinking, Grim stared for a minute at the broken window, then back to the pieces of Doreen. Shaking his head, he grunted. "Well that's not something you see every day. I knew we should have shot her ..."

Looking around, he glanced at Amber. "This is not going to look good when the police come around. We've left evidence all over this place ... if y'all don't have connections with the police, we need to either clean quickly or burn it down."

The Sidhe outcast doesn't even want to think about the ramifications of White Court vamps creating ghouls ...

Spoiler
    Show
    First off, Grim didn't burn down the warehouse, and there aren't many links back to the group, except the vamp. Second, he's ALWAYS thinking about numero uno, and this puts his a$$ directly on the front burner.

23. - Top - End - #383
    Titan in the Playground

If you hurry, it *might* be possible for the fastest of you to get out of the house and try to follow the girl. Y'know...before the recently-ghoulified and very confused and HUNGRY girl goes amongst the general populace.

Amber should feel very alarmed at this. Based on her knowledge of ghouls, ghoul-hood is NOT an infectious disease. Ghouls...breed.

24. - Top - End - #384
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

With a curse, Amber quickly runs to the window and points her finger out, but hesitates. Was this girl still considered a mortal or was she a creature of the never-never? How did the rules of magic apply to her?

With a curse she lowered the finger and turned to the group, "Quick! We have to stop her before she hurts someone else." Amber said stumbling to race to the door from the headache. "Something is very wrong, ghouls DON'T do this!" She swore.

As she raced downstairs she stopped next to the phone, "You two go after her, I'll try and make some calls." She said picking up the house phone since she always screwed with cell phones. She tried to punch in the number to her boss.

Spoiler
    Show

The serious headache is just an aspect that people can tag on me right? It has no stat detriments? Other than also filling up a severe mental consequence box?

If the phone works and Harry answers she'd ask "Little girl turned into a ghoul, how does that work with using magic to kill? They a never-never monster and thus no longer protected or still a mortal?"

Heh, heh...asking Harry about killing a little girl, THAT should go over well.
    Last edited by Major; 2012-07-27 at 02:37 PM.

25. - Top - End - #385
    Titan in the Playground

The phone works. A teenage female voice picks up. "Hello?"

Spoiler
    Show
    No stat penalties. People can compel the consequence, and your severe slot is filled up.

26. - Top - End - #386
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Confusion fills Amber at first, "Who is this?" Amber ask confused. Was her boss off flirting with some bimbo when this child had to be addressed, "This is Warden Ranoue, I need to speak to Co--" She stopped mid-rank realizing that if this was some bimbo she wouldn't know what the Commander was, at least, she'd better not. "Mr. Dresden about an earlier call I made him for uhh...advice."

Spoiler
    Show
    Oh jumping to the wrong conclusions :D

27. - Top - End - #387
    Titan in the Playground

"Umm...Harry left about 15 minutes. Said something about going a place called New Cannes...you'll have to leave a message."

Harry? They're on a first-name basis?

28. - Top - End - #388
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

With a deep breath, Amber rubs her temple. If her boss was into teenage girls that was between him and the cops, that wasn't what mattered. Besides, there were a lot of explanations on why he might be keeping teenage girls on a first name basis around him.

"No, no, that's fine. If Harry's heading to New Cannes he is on his way to see my anyways." Amber finally says with a slight smirk as she thought about the amusing reaction that would occur when he got home and his teenage lover heard he was going out of town to see other women who were calling him on his phone.

29. - Top - End - #389
    Ogre in the Playground

Brando starts moving downstairs. The steps in his mind, going over them again and again. Reach into beast spirit, form the image of a new form, pretend to be the beast, fell its life, and then become the beast. Magic happened somewhere in the middle of that, not that he cared much

"Amber? I'm gonna leave my cellphone on the kitchen deks, Aria might call and she can know something about this insanity"

As he opens the front door, without waiting much for Grim, he lets the magic happen at last, having been holding out on his shapeshifting...

"I bet I'm gonna hit the headlines as "Gargantuan Beast on Killing Spree" again..."

ten heartbeats after he spoke, before he notices, he's already on four legs, covered in fur and larger than he should be...

Spoiler
    Show
    Chasing I guess. I'll keep the same configuration from before
    I think I'll roll, just in case. This is one of thsoe cases where Hulking Size helps me, +1 to Athletics
    ...I hope Grim can catch up

(4d3-2)[4]

Superb(+5) Endurance, Athletics
    Great(+4) Fists, Alertness
    Good(+3) Intimidation, Might
    Fair(+2) Scholarship, Resources, Presece
    Average(+1) Discipline, Driving, Empathy, Conviction, Contacts

30. - Top - End - #390
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Amber looks at the phone as he leaves it, "I can't..." She starts to say before he runs out. "Damn it...the hell am I supposed to do with a cell phone?"