New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 37 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: New Cannes (IC)

1. - Top - End - #391
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

Spoiler
    Show
    Waiting for Grim's next action before updating and continuing the phone call.

2. - Top - End - #392
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Grim ahook his head in frustration. "Fine, but if she tries to bite ne, I'm shooting her, right between her big, anime eyes."

Letting Brando take the lead, Grim followed, chuckling at the doctor's comments. "At least it'll be in the National Enquirer ... and only the MIB read that."
    Life is ... life. As always bot/cut as necessary.
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."

Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!y

3. - Top - End - #393
    Titan in the Playground

The phone conversation continues, "Well alright. I hope he'll be back soon. He says my training will be very *intense* from now on and I have a lot to learn in my new position, but...I'm looking forward to it."

Outside, Brando is in luck...sort of. He arrives just in time to see Stacy forcefully smash her own head against a large block of cement. Her last comment was, "So sorry mommy...I...I can't live like this." before her skull splits open and her brains splatter all over the back yard.

So what to do now? In the past few minutes, there has been screams, glass shattering, and two people who apparently died in very cruelsome ways.

4. - Top - End - #394
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"Yes...good luck with that." Amber says hanging up before gagging.

5. - Top - End - #395
    Ogre in the Playground

Brando freezes. He was too late...But he had to go back to the world. Being shocked by a death wasn't exactly possible anymore. While working on Africa he had seen plenty of those in the civil war. He had been held hostage and worked for other sides...

No, he definately would not allow himself to simply not act...

So, he grabs Stacey and drags her back inside, shifting back into human. No yelling this time, he goes to where Amber is

"We got a problem. The girl killed herself"

6. - Top - End - #396
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"What?" Amber says turning away from the phone, "You are ****ting me? Son of a bitch!" She said cursing and swearing, "I can't afford this. This is not a good thing, not on my watch and by god my boss is coming and we don't ****ing now or have anything on this ****ing ghoul infecting ****!"

7. - Top - End - #397
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Grim found little surprised him anymore. It was a dog eat cat kinda world ... or in this case a ghoul eat Mommy one. So when he caught up to Brando, the dead girl didn't phase him ... he assumed the liger had something to do with it, but upon returning to Anber, he reported she had killed herself. Amber's responding tirade was at least amusing, if overly dramatic.

Staring at the dead body, Grim shrugged. "Yeah, besides the body for an autopsy and the vamp running this game, you've got nothing."

Looking around the house, Grim shook his head. "Sooo....are you going to burn this house down, too, or should we start cleaning up? Police will be coming soon, and our prints and fabrics are all over this place."

Spoiler
    Show
    Got caught with my virtual pants down - spotty to crapy internet. Should be back to 'normal' tomorrow.
    Last edited by Starbin; 2012-07-31 at 09:48 AM.

8. - Top - End - #398
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Amber shoots Grim a bird at his comment about burning the house down, between the headache and the stress she wasn't amused by much at the moment.

"No, we can't burn the house down and we need this damn girl's corpse to find out what's going on. We need to get it back to my house while avoiding getting arrested." She paced, "And with call records from the phone that'll add problems for my boss. A girl is dead and then we call a private investigator in another city? On top of that people might have seen us. Ugh...alright, first things first we need to get the little girl out of here. She was already reported missing so that's not a big deal." Amber mumbles as she thinks out loud, "That will get one of you two out of here. Probably best for liger form or something so getting spotted won't get an arrest warrant for you." She looks around the room. "The problem is explaining the dead body up in the bathroom and our presence here." She growled.

9. - Top - End - #399
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

At Amber's gesture, he winked and murmured "Promise?" After her rundown, he shrugged. "Yeah, well let's hope nobody saw us come in with her. As for the body, we've got issues there, since it's obvious someonr was chewing on dear Doreen. Unless you can work your mojo to change the wounds, cause of death will either be psycho ... or wild animal."

Grim looked at Brando pointedly. "Tony here might be the best fall guy ... which is GRRRRRREAT! But we'd still need a clean-up on ailse five for the girl's head.

And here's hoping the ghoul flu ends at death, or Momma will be up soon."

10. - Top - End - #400
    Titan in the Playground

You guys have NO clue whether the "disease" ends at death or not. Given this, you should be careful in your considerations of what to do with the bodies. If you leave it for the police and then it suddenly gets up...

11. - Top - End - #401
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

The massive headache was making it hard to focus and it was showing due to the stress. "Right, right...mom getting up. That's bad." She said with a groan. "I'll have to destroy the body which means getting another body out of here which then makes it weird when we are at a crime scene with no body..." She says with a sigh, "Damn it, this is a mess. Why did that stupid little brat have to kill herself? All that trouble to rescue her and she makes us look like murderers!"

12. - Top - End - #402
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Grim shrugged. "Well, I'd blame her Mom, but she's not around to defend herself. I hope. Regardless, Brando needs to skeedadle out of here with two bodies, and hope that neither one goes all Night of the Living Dead on him. We can either clean up this place or leave them the quickest CSI episode ever. But let's get a move on."

Spoiler
    Show
    You'll notice that Grim is always a little passive aggressive ... not really telling anyone what to do, but often insinuating that it would be dumb not to do something. I just wanted to be clear on that ... it's not just me not wanting to make a decision

13. - Top - End - #403
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Trying to think Amber finally gets an idea, "Alright...screw it. We can't lose access to this scene and we can't let the police find it. We don't know for sure if the police are even coming and we got time. The only way police would know to come would be from a scream and unless this lady gets cops over all the time us being here wouldn't matter." She states as she thinks. "Police can't just bust in and search because someone said they heard a scream. You two take the bodies and find the attic." She says as she tries to think, "I'll jump in the shower and if the cops come grab a towel and answer the door as if nothing is wrong. Having just got out of the shower I doubt they'll be able to just bust around and start searching on the grounds of hearing a scream. They'd need more of a warrant and I'll try and act normal and come up with reasons not to let them in...such as I'm naked and just got out the shower."

She smirks, "Not like they can just kick the door down and demand ID when its just a report with no evidence or anything. Hell worse case if they demand to know the scream I'll claim I saw a roach or something."

14. - Top - End - #404
    Ogre in the Playground

"Okay, me getting out and running around is going to be pretty insanely hard, I need a place that is pretty remote to go and hopefully that doesn't involve going through places filled with people. They'll only take so many drunk people calling on a "gargantuan lion-tiger thing" before someone gets a patrol car after me and I can't outrun those"

He starts to see how he'd carry the two women. This is gonna be ugly

"Alright, I can take the girl in my mouth, and maybe we can tie Doreen somehow? Once I get wherever I'd go some precaution would be good so you don't end up with a ghoul liger around...would drawing a circle around them do something?

15. - Top - End - #405
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Grim shook his head. "You two are talking past each other, I think. Sounds like Brando's ready to move out and Amber's talking about taking a shower. Naked.

I'm always partial to the plan that has her naked."

Grinning, Grim started rooting around for some heavy blankets to start gathering the bodies up, and cleaning supplies to at least reduce the amount of blood all over the place. He'll use gloves, just to limit the possibilities that some of the blood infects him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Focus on clean up will be anything Grim touched, then the blood inside, then the blood outside, if Amber's okay with him cleaning up. If not, he'll still try to wipe down the kitchen first, then head upstairs with Brando

16. - Top - End - #406
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"Yeah, I'm thinking a different plan. We are panicing about a clean up and all this when really we don't even know the police know and can always stall anyways." She says ignoring Grim's remarks. "So, let's start cleaning up, get the girl and mother somewhere out of sight just in case, and IF the cops show up THEN we do the 'I'm alone it was just a roach, I'm naked you can't come in' thing."

17. - Top - End - #407
    Titan in the Playground

Alright, so who does what? Right now there's a little girl's corpse in the backyard with brains scattered all over the place. Inside the bathroom there's a big pool of blood and a half-eaten corpse, and it might start smelling really soon.

18. - Top - End - #408
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Grim shrugged. "So how long until your boss man gets here?"

Spoiler
    Show
    When the group finally starts moving, he heads to the kitchen to look for rubber gloves and cleaning supplies. Grim will start in the kitchen, and areas where the three of them had been moving through. He'll then help with the bathroom, leaving the outside spot to Brando.

19. - Top - End - #409
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"No idea...he's out of the city so it could be a bit." Amber says turning to head to the bathroom, "Get the two bodies moved to the attic or the basement or whatever this house has. I'll shower so my cover works and then create a magic circle just in case." She says, "If police show up, you guys hide and I'll answer the door and pretend it is just me. If not, then cool. We got it cleaned up for later."

20. - Top - End - #410
    Titan in the Playground

Grim manages to get the kitchen clean while Brando moves the corpses to the basement. Getting the bathroom clean will take more effort however, and besides Amber is taking a shower at this point. The outside will also take some effort, but Brando does make good progress. In the middle of this, about 20 minutes later, there is a knock at the door.

Amber is currently just getting out of the shower.
    Last edited by Frosty; 2012-08-03 at 02:37 AM.

21. - Top - End - #411
    Ogre in the Playground

Brando signals Grim and goes towards the basement with the corpses.

Showtime it seemed...

22. - Top - End - #412
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Grim followed the doctor, glancing around for additional exits before posting himself at the door to listen ... just in case things got hairy.

Spoiler
    Show
    Awareness: (4d3-3)[3]

23. - Top - End - #413
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Wrapped up in a towel, Amber comes downstairs and looks out the peephole.

-If it is the police she will open it partially just enough so that they can see she is wet and in a towel. "Sorry it took me a minute, was in the shower. What's up officers?"

If not check these other options
    Spoiler
    Show

-If it isn't the police she'll simply ask, "Who is it?"

-If it is somehow Harry in that short amount of time she'll open it up, "Errr sorry about the towel. Long story, girl and mother are dead and it's a cover in case of cops."

24. - Top - End - #414
    Titan in the Playground

Amber looks through the peep-hole. It does appear to be Warden Dresden. Remember that the Ways can be traversed very, very quickly as two geopgraphical locations on Earth that are very far apart can be connected via just a few feet of space in faerie. Still, it IS a rather quick response time.

The one who appears to be Harry raises an eyebrow at the sight of young Amber...who is not *that* much older than his apprentice...wet and in a bathrobe (this brings back memories for Harry)...and he also frowns. "I see, Warden Ranoue. There is no one left to invite me in then?"

25. - Top - End - #415
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"Only if you count myself." Amber says, "Sorry for questioning you, but this is White Court Territory. Can you prove you are the Commander?"

26. - Top - End - #416
    Titan in the Playground

"A White Court Vampire can cross thresholds just like wizards can, although it would leave either bereft of most of his power. Still, lookie here...not pink."

Harry takes out a knife and cuts himself slightly, letting a few drops of normal-looking blood drop onto his palm below (he makes sure none hits the floor). Then, he steps inside the door with no apparent difficulty.

27. - Top - End - #417
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"Yeah, still. Less power is better than full power since I'm rather drained of power myself." She said stepping to the side and nodding towards where the group was, "I got a shape-shifter and a changeling assisting me. They've hidden the bodies." She moves towards where the group went while explaining things, "The girl had been kidnapped and we found here with a White Court Vampire and a Ghoul. We intruded and he claimed it was a violation. At first I hesitated thinking if I got involved it'd start another war, but then I realized that the girl had not volunteered, as such she had been kidnapped. With that in mind he had violated the accords and I had no obligation to walk away. Unfortunately a human woman showed up at the time, the mother who had told us about the missing daughter. I tried to use my magic to make her sleep, but she barely resisted and started shooting at the ghoul and vampire. The Vampire fled after I severely damaged his face, we took out the ghoul and freed the girl." Amber pauses at this point, "However, the girl said some weird things about the Vampire wanting her to 'eat' a corpse and other things that implied she was somehow converted into a ghoul. That is when I called you and we headed here." She indicates the house and points towards the bathroom, "The mother headed to the bathroom to clean up the girl and we heard a scream. Upon investigating we found the mother dead and the girl sobbing saying she had an uncontrollable hunger. The girl fled and the Changeling and the Shape-shifter followed while I tried to call and give you an update in case you hadn't left yet. Your mistress answered the phone and told me you were on your way. After I hung up I learned that the girl had smashed her skull open and killed herself. We were cleaning up and coming up with an alibi, thus my appearance, and then you showed up."

28. - Top - End - #418
    Titan in the Playground

Commander Dresden is man who looks weary beyond his years. Right now it looks like h e probably hasn't slept in a day, but he still examines the scene and the situation with a detailed eye. He goes "I see. Uh huh. Gonna need to see the corpses. What's your theory so far?" etc as Amber relays the information to him, until near the end.

"Wait, hold up there. Mistress? What mistress? Are you sure you dailed the right number?"

Amber sees Harry give her what *appears* to be a genuinely-confused look, but some men can act very well.

29. - Top - End - #419
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"Well, the only theory I can think of is that this Vampire has figured out how to make ghouls capable of infecting people. It doesn't seem possible, but it's the only explanation." She says rubbing her temple, "It's a terrifying though, but the girl was bite and then next thing we know she's hungry and super strong and fast."

Amber heads to where the group is, "And it was the same number I had the mother call before. Your love life is none of my business, just mentioned because they answered."

30. - Top - End - #420
    Titan in the Playground

The Commander seems rather...flustered. Blushing slightly, he says, "Well umm, so, you see, she's my apprentice and..."

Great, so he's banging his apprentice? "It's not what you think, ok?"
    Clearing his throat, he turns to the other two and says, "Greetings. Allow me to formally introduce myself. I am Warden Dresden, Commander of the eastern part of North America. To whom do I owe thanks for rendering aid onto Warden Ranoue?" He is basically asking for introductions.