New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: New Cannes (IC)

1. - Top - End - #421
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

Grim looked back and forth for a moment, then finally said, "Oh, you mean Amber? Um, probably him," pointing at Brando. "Unless you mean owe as in money ... Then me too. I'm Grey. But you can call me Grim."

He grinned that impossibly wide grin, and stood to the side.
    Life is ... life. As always bot/cut as necessary.
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."

Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!y

2. - Top - End - #422
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Amber just shrugs and steps to the side as he introduces himself. She notices that he never said it wasn't true, just that it wasn't what she thought. She refrains from commenting due to not wanting to know her boss's sex life and just waits.

3. - Top - End - #423
    Ogre in the Playground

"Guess that depends on what you mean by helped"

Brando picks his cellphone and puts it far from the wizards...

"Sorry, but I'm gonna bet Amber didn't call Aria so she'll call once she finds out the warehouse burned

I'm Brando"

4. - Top - End - #424
    Titan in the Playground

"Pleasure to meet you both." says Harry gruffly as he goes down into the basement to look at the bodies. Upon seeing the mulitated body of the mother and the de-brained body of the child, Harry looks down and says, "Hell's Belles...shouldn't have to die like this. We'll need to do more research and study on these bodies, but we can't do it here. No equipment, and my magic is limited while in this threshhold."

5. - Top - End - #425
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Grim shrugged. "So what do you suggest? Wrap 'em in blankets and carpets and lug them out to a car? Call the local Body Transport Service? Wait and see if they rise from the dead and let them chase us?"

Subtlety is not Grim's forte ...

6. - Top - End - #426
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"If we can get these bodies out of here without drawing too much attention we can head to my place. I have all my things there that would help." She says with a nod, "I would have taken them already, but I didn't want you walking in on a crime scene with no way to find me."

7. - Top - End - #427
    Ogre in the Playground

"I could call Aria. I think she could get us a van to load them into. But then again, that is going to bring it's own set of problems...

8. - Top - End - #428
    Titan in the Playground

Harry rubs his forehead. "I've got a headache from this already. Who's this Aria person? Can we trust her?"

It is at this time that Brando's cell phone rings!

9. - Top - End - #429
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"His white court vampire girlfriend..." Amber says crossing her arms. "Personally I'm against using a White Court Vampire to help us. Especially considering it was a White Court Vampire who infected the girl and definitely since all it takes is them to tip off the police and they get to inconvenience some Wizards."

10. - Top - End - #430
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Grim nodded sagely. "Thank goodness we didn't give them any reason to be pissed with us ... B&E, trespassing, arson ... we are TOTALLY safe."

Hearing Brando's phone ring, he simply smiled. Given who had been calling on that phone, he figured this should be good.

11. - Top - End - #431
    Ogre in the Playground

"She knows I'm here, so I get invocenienced too. I doubt Aria would just do that."

He answers the phone

"Yes?"

12. - Top - End - #432
    Titan in the Playground

"Honey-buns, it's me..." oozes a sweet, almost cavity-inducing voice on the phone. At least, that's how it starts out as. "...would you mind telling me WHAT IN THE WORLD happened to our PROPERTY? You do NOT make me look good when you ask for White Court locations and a location suddenly burn down. It might make those...invitations and promises of treating you like a Guest more...DIFFICULT in the future."

It's the strangest thing, as Aria manages to both shout and whisper and sound both sweet and angry at the same time.

13. - Top - End - #433
    Ogre in the Playground

"Wait, so part of the family still treats me like food? I wish I could change that by out-beasting them..."

He spends some time thinking, eyes closed. Then he smirks

"Okay, I found a good way of telling how that insanity happen. Once we arrived there, we engaged against your cousin or whoever he was in combat. He tried to use the Accords, but a minute later he fled cowardly from a duel. Upon that point, I considered him defeated and claimed the warehouse as our. Seeing as what happened within was an insult to the pride of our territory we decided that the place was better gone, so now it's burned down."

He was of course embellishing A LOT everything that wasn't a downright lie. But hey, their game, don't hate the player...

14. - Top - End - #434
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"Technically he was in violation of the accords. He had claimed that he had rights to the girl, but the cattle has to volunteer he can't kidnap and harm anyone he wants. That's why we Wardens exist..." Amber mumbles.

15. - Top - End - #435
    Titan in the Playground

"You KNOW it doesn't work that way. You don't own a piece of property just because you beat up someone related to the owner, or even if you beat up the owner!"

Aria takes a deep breath. "WHY...were you fighting one of ours anyways?"

16. - Top - End - #436
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Grim didn't exactly chuckle at what Brando said, but he did grin from ear to ear ... literally.

Glancing over at Amber's boss, he wondered what this ragged excuse of a wizard thought of all this. At least New Cannes got the hot Warden ...

17. - Top - End - #437
    Titan in the Playground

The ragged-looking commander who looks like he has gone without sleep for a day or three, scowls...but no more than the situation calls for and no more than before he found out about Aria. This is probably a surprise to Amber as most Wardens adamantly dislike WC vamps.

18. - Top - End - #438
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Amber had been quiet on the call expecting the Commander to comment about the call to the White Court and siding with her about not doing that. When he didn't she seemed surprised, "Commander, do you agree that the White Court getting involved would just add more trouble and that we don't need help from such filthy monsters?" She ask casually hoping to probe him.
    Last edited by Major; 2012-08-14 at 03:44 AM.

19. - Top - End - #439
    Ogre in the Playground

"Wait, I tought it DID work like that love. You're all sort-of medieval on some areas and then civilized on others. Who exactly allows for taking places through combat then?"

But before he trails too far from the actual conversation Brando goes back

"I told you, he kidnapped a little girl. And he was at the warehouse with her and a ghoul bodyguard of some sorts"

20. - Top - End - #440
    Titan in the Playground

"Sweetie, you know how much we civilized folks do find direct violence...DISTASTEFUL. The White Court would never encourage rules for taking ownership through brawls like that. Now, courtly duels and other even subtler ways...those can be an art form. In any case, what you told me doesn't *sound* like on of ours, but we should probably talk in person. Where are you right now?"

Harry Dresden puts a finger to his lips while making a signal that conveys somehing about super-hearing. Then he makes a gesture for Amber to folow him into another room. Once there, he says, "Are you trying to make a point, Warden?"

21. - Top - End - #441
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"Not so much a point as much as I'm saying that I don't think it is a good idea for us to trust the White Court. Asking them for help means that they can try and exploit us as well as they know about things they can use to their advantage. With both a Warden and a Warden Commander here I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to make us look really bad. And it isn't hard to make us look bad when we got a dead little girl with her skull smashed open and a dead mother that was torn to pieces." She comments, "On top of that you got a warehouse burned down and anything else the Vampire's make up or set up themselves to frame us."

22. - Top - End - #442
    Titan in the Playground

The Warden-Commander responds, "The White Court is already involved, as evidenced by the fact that one of them has been kidnapping people and...somehow turning them into ghouls or ghoul-like creatures. Our first priority is to protect the people of this town, and if talking to a rival faction...and there *always* is one within the White Court...will help us catch the monsters more quickly, then I'm willing to swallow the distaste."

23. - Top - End - #443
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Watching the two Wardens walk out of the room, Grim waved at Brando and pointed to the other room. He mouthed, "Mom and Dad are talking ..." then moved to glance out the peephole in the front door.

As a wise man once said, I got a bad feeling about this ...

24. - Top - End - #444
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Amber is silent for a minute, "Sir, I'll take your advice and you make a good point, but it still seems risky to put ourselves in their debt." She says with a sigh, "I'll go get dressed while they wrap up the phone call."

25. - Top - End - #445
    Ogre in the Playground

"I feel like I'm back in Somalia...okay, let me check the adress"

Brando looks for the house's adress and tells Aria where they are

26. - Top - End - #446
    Titan in the Playground

The phone call is wrapped up and Aria is on her way. Amber goes to get dressed, probably much to Grim's disappointment. Harry stays in the basement to continue to study the corpses. When Amber gets back, he says, "So, from what you said, it appears that the transformation is gradual, and that the victim has some form of control over him or herself, and can even feel remose for actions brought upon by this...gnawing hunger. Sound like any other creature type you might be familiar with?"

27. - Top - End - #447
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"You've seen something like this?" She states surprised. She tries to think of what he said when he worded it the way he did.

Spoiler
    Show

Lore:
    (4d6)[6][4][3][1](14)+4
    Total: +4

OOC: I'm guessing Were-ghoul?
    Last edited by Major; 2012-08-18 at 12:41 PM.

28. - Top - End - #448
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

"What, like a Twihard, waiting for the next movie? Or do you mean vampires in general?"

29. - Top - End - #449
    Ogre in the Playground

"No clue, I'm just a normal wereliger with no knowledge of magic man"

30. - Top - End - #450
    Titan in the Playground

The warden-commander shakes his head. "It actually sounds like a Red Court vampire, but that *could* just be coincidental. In any case we'll want to move the body surreptitiously to a safe place to study. Have you any ideas on where is such a place around here? I do not think we should hold the coprses at any White Court location."