New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 37 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: New Cannes (IC)

1. - Top - End - #511
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

"Maybe after your shift ..."
    Life is ... life. As always bot/cut as necessary.
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."

Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!y

2. - Top - End - #512
    Titan in the Playground

"Well, if you want, I can transport it to your house...is that secure?"

The vampire notices the friendly gestuer from Amber, and giggles in a cute way. "You shouldn't get angry. He's just expression his appreciation of you. As a model, you ought to understand perfectly..."

3. - Top - End - #513
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"My house should be fine. I've kept it off records claiming 'privacy' reasons and made sure not to be followed. As long as your people keep it low key it shouldn't matter." Amber says ignoring the second set of remarks.

4. - Top - End - #514
    Titan in the Playground

"Fine. I'll go and make a few calls. Excuse me..." Aria heads out of the house so that her cell phone will actually WORK, away from the presence of wizards.

From behind the veil, Warden Dresden says, "Good job. You made the right decision. A bit of personal paina nd inconvenience is a small price to pay for saving lives, Amber."

5. - Top - End - #515
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"Even if it means working for those monsters?" She ask glancing back towards the veil, "I was worried I'd look like I was giving into them and being manipulable."

She looks at the other two members of the party, "Sorry about making you guys stand around and watch."

6. - Top - End - #516
    Titan in the Playground

"Well err...maybe not *all* of them are monsters. After all, this one did seem to care about her employees. And plus, Brando here would likely not date the vampire if he considered her a total monster right?"

7. - Top - End - #517
    Ogre in the Playground

"Of course not. She's not a total monster. She's only half a monster. We're both beasts at heart, we hunted together before meeting Amber and Grim here. She is not a total monster. I am not a total monster. WE are"

"Don't worry about the club thing. I'll be there to look after you. Grim will be there to look at you"

8. - Top - End - #518
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Grim simply smiled. "Monsters we are, least monsters we become. So I guess I'll be the monster that likes to watch."

9. - Top - End - #519
    Titan in the Playground

Harry says, "Uhh, don't you mean Grim will also be there to look after her?"

10. - Top - End - #520
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"Oh self-sacrificing Grim, I'm so honored that you would go to a strip joint to watch over me." Amber says with a bit of sarcasm. "Anyways, what's done is done. We need to find out about this infection anyways so hopefully it wasn't all for nothing."

11. - Top - End - #521
    Titan in the Playground

Aria returns. "Alright, a flower-delivery van will arrive shortly. Just give me your home address, and we will meet you there. My people will be here to...clean up the crime scene, get rid of the prints, etc..."

12. - Top - End - #522
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Amber is silent for a minute before she gives her address. She hated doing it, but it was necessary and she knew it.

13. - Top - End - #523
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

"Oh self-sacrificing Grim, I'm so honored that you would go to a strip joint to watch over me."

Grim simply shrugged. "You didn't mind my 'watching' the night we met ... regardless, seems like we should get moving."

When Aria returned, he fell silent, simply watching her with raised eyebrows.

14. - Top - End - #524
    Titan in the Playground

Aria gets the address and then leaves to take care of business. From behind the veil, Harry says, "Firstly, we should be getting to your place and I'll just hide somewhere in your house. Secondly, what exactly were you *doing* the night you and the changeling met? Is there something I as a warden need to know?"

15. - Top - End - #525
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Grim shook his head as he moved towards the door. "No need to bore you with the details. Suffice to say that we find each other's presence ... mutually beneficial. I am sure as long as I have value, your Warden will keep me around."

16. - Top - End - #526
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"It isn't anything like that..." Amber says ignoring Grim, "I had just arrived in New Cannes and was getting the hang of things when I got attacked by a White Court Vampire. He arrived and kicked it's ass." Amber states as she intentionally leaves out various details. "So he's been useful as muscle and despite his annoyances he is trustworthy."

17. - Top - End - #527
    Titan in the Playground

Harry grunts. "Uh-huh. Well, unless there's anything else, whose car are we taking? I hope it's not too new..."

So, advance to next scene?

18. - Top - End - #528
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Advance works for me. I have a feeling Harry knows there is more to that story than meets the eye! *halo* What? I didn't ignore the already set up ride for myself to go flirt with a boy!

19. - Top - End - #529
    Ogre in the Playground

"Muscle? Don't insult me, he only shoots at things."

Spoiler
    Show
    Advance works here too

20. - Top - End - #530
    Titan in the Playground

The driver over is relatively uneventful, except for the fact that with both Harry and Amber in the car, it wouldn't start untik the 4th try.

Once there, the group sees...

Spoiler
    Show
    Major, why don't you describe Amber's place? Remember that it should probably be in line with her Resources stat.

21. - Top - End - #531
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Before I describe in general what does a resources of +2 equal to? Unsure how to compare.

22. - Top - End - #532
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I would say that 2 resources means a moderately-appointed apartment of comfortable (but not large) size. 1 would be mean a crappy-ass, small, smelly hole in the wall. 3 would be an extreeemely nice apartment.

23. - Top - End - #533
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    So zero means no home? :P How many hobos does the party have?

Outside, Amber's apartment was a moderately sized pretty-blue. It was clear that she had chosen the house to avoid attention as very little stuck out as anything special. The door had just a simple name 'Amber' on it to avoid attracting attention with the use of her last name. Upon entering, one could see a decent living room with a few nice decorations and oddly enough a TV. Surprisingly the TV didn't work, but it and a few other electronic devices served to make the room look like a normal living room to anyone entering it.

Two others doors lead out of the living room, both are shut. One to the bedroom which held the bathroom in it, and one to a side room usually reserved as a guest room.

Amber points at a room to the side and moves over and unlocks it before doing a few minor magic things to deactivate the wards and other forms of magical protection. It was clear that she had set aside one of the guest rooms as her magical lab as it had all sorts of things scattered all over the place. "Ignore the mess, it serves to be functional not pretty." She says with a shrug.

24. - Top - End - #534
    Titan in the Playground

Harry looks around, perhaps a bit jealous if you had to guess. "Hmm...this certainly beats the income of putting oneself under "Professional wizard" in the yellow pages...so where would be a good place for me to hide until Aria leaves? I'll be a good trump card just in case things go reaally bad."

25. - Top - End - #535
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"I'll open up my room, you can hide in there." Amber says moving toward her room and unlocking it. "Just lock it and feel free to listen in or do whatever. The bathroom is in there too, so unless you are hungry there should be everything you need."

26. - Top - End - #536
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Grim stepped into the room, glancing around and sniffing at the air. While he knew where Amber lived, he hadn't actually been here before. When Amber offered her room to Dresden, he smiled. "Wow, boss, only a couple of minutes and already offering up the bedroom ..."

Spoiler
    Show
    Hey, Grim isn't a hobo ... he prefers the term independent transient. Which is why one of frequented spots is the men's shelter

As for Brando, well he's just plan RICH!

27. - Top - End - #537
    Ogre in the Playground

"Should I be wary of anything here making my shapeshifted form even more complicated than it already is?"

As Brando walks around the lab, he does pay attention to the mess

"Also you know, I'm sure a mess like this is hazardous to one's health even when it's all mundane, so, if everything in here is supernatural, I'm not entirely sure I can agree to this place as a doctor..."

28. - Top - End - #538
    Titan in the Playground

Harry raises an eyebrow. "It *is* err...a bit more messy than expected for a woman's place..." Aww...poor Harry and his preconceived notions about females. "Luckily for me I have an assistant who helps me organize things."

29. - Top - End - #539
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"It's only kinda messy..." She comments, "I tossed used stuff in that corner, things that I just got in that corner, and things that I'm working on in that corner." Amber says pointing out corners while being slightly flustered, "Besides, who cares? I have enough room to do my magic and it is quicker if I can get things done and move on rather than waste time keeping it clean." She says annoyed, "And I lack an assistant and/or mistress to organize my things. If you didn't have an assistant slash mistress I'm sure yours would look messy too. I can't be the only wizard that has to rush."

30. - Top - End - #540
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Grim grins at the thought of Amber with a mistress. "Well, if you ever need a pool boy ..."