New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 37 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: New Cannes (IC)

1. - Top - End - #541
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

"Well, I fully admit that if I didn't have help I then...wait what? No, I TOLD you...I don't HAVE a mistress! She's been placed *under* me to receive valuable wizard training. An apprentice logically is often at her mentor's place. She's got the brown stole and all." Harry seems to blush a bit whenever Amber mentions this subject.

2. - Top - End - #542
    Titan in the Playground

There is a knock at the front door. Harry ducks into Amber's bedroom.

3. - Top - End - #543
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Amber goes to answer the door.

4. - Top - End - #544
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Grim took a seat, wishing he had some popcorn. Of course, once the experimenting began, it would probably get boring ... especially since the TV probably didn't even work. Glancing at the disappearing Dresden, he grunted to Brando, "So, do you know if your girl and her buddies watch this place?"
    Life is ... life. As always bot/cut as necessary.
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."

Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!y

5. - Top - End - #545
    Ogre in the Playground

"No clue. I don't think they do though, with all the stuff I do in the Court I think they got the idea that anyone who stalks a friend of mine is going to get a seriously big paw in the face"

He thinks a bit

"I'm not so sure they see her as my friend though? I mean, she's a Warden, powerful stuff. Now that I think about it it's possible they think I'm building some crazy sort of harem. That sortof thing is normal for them right?"

Amused sigh

"I think I'll try to spread the word that I'm searching for a way to become a weredragon, and planning on toppling Raith and become White King. Should get them talking about something else."

6. - Top - End - #546
    Titan in the Playground

The idea may be laughable, but there are enough crazies out there in the supernatural world that someone just might try the whole were-dragon thing someday...

In any case, Aria is at the door, wearing a slutty (of course) flower-delivery outfit. "We've got a laaaarge box of deliveries, ma'am. Box of daisies. Pushed, you might say. Where do you want it?"

7. - Top - End - #547
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Amber nods towards the door of her magic room, "In front of that room." She says making sure the door is shut so they can't see or go inside. "I'll move things where I want them after you're gone."

8. - Top - End - #548
    Titan in the Playground

Aria responds, "So...I can come in?"

9. - Top - End - #549
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"I don't know, I rather enjoy the idea of you standing out there or having to stress yourself out, but I suppose I'll invite you in." Amber says, "Come on in."

10. - Top - End - #550
    Titan in the Playground

"Right you are, miss. Two stiff boxes of pushed daisies coming right up." And with that, she DOES push the boxes in. Her small-ish frame does NOT look like it can handle all that pushing of the two boxes...simultaneously...but she doesn't break a sweat. Once the boxes are in position, she says, "Let me know if you find anything useful. We'll catch that uncouth individual and dispense..." She rolls her wrist in a manner that suggests she finds the concept a bit foreign. "...justice."

Aria leaves.

11. - Top - End - #551
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    from phone. so how will doing just general magic test work? and also to other players sorry been doing so muc lately. between social conflict and now the magic test, i feel bad with so much spot light.

"Sure you will..." Amber mumbles as she shuts the door and starts moving things into the magic room.

12. - Top - End - #552
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Grim sat quiet for a moment, then finally spoke. "So ... apparently she delivers ..." With a grin, he stood and stretched, glancing around. "Now, do you have to uninvite her, or can she come by anytime? Also, how long is this gonna take?"

Spoiler
    Show
    No worries ... it's the way these games work. When we need combat or medical expertise, Brando will be center stage. When you need smart ass comments or homeless shelters, well, I suppose Grim will be available
    Seriously, I've got no pride in these games, and it's not like you're purposefully 'stealing' the show - it's just how things are running. I just try to occassionally drop a post here or there to show I'm still around.

13. - Top - End - #553
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Frosty, do I sense future plotstuff?

"You know, I wasn't aware there was suck a thing as a flower deliverer costume...Aniway, yeah, how long"

14. - Top - End - #554
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Spoiler
    Show

Good question, how long? :P

15. - Top - End - #555
    Titan in the Playground

As far as Amber knows, the amount of time is...fluid, just like much of what happens in the supernatural world. The natural energy barrier that build up depend as much on intent as much as the aura of the individuals. The invitation will likely fade over time, or fade if there is some sort of significant change to the individual.

Harry pokes his head back out. "Good, looks like she's gone." he grunts. "Now, Amber and I will be performing the umm...magical equivalent of a chemical spectral-analysys. But, we don't have everything here that we need. In order to facilitate things, I'd appreciate your help in acquiring these items. In the meantime I'll start drawing the necessary circles." He hands you guys a list.

For Brando and Grim, harry wants you to use your Contacts and your Resources to quickly acquire certain materials that aren't easily found at your local walmart. Amber can choose to help with material gathering OR choose to help out with drawing the necessary magic circles.

Spoiler
    Show
    Brando and Grim should both roll their Resources and Contacts. What you guys get will help determine what kind of bonuses Harry and Amber get in their Thaumaturgy in this case. Amber can also do the same, OR if she feels that her skills at magic circles are better, she can attempt to give bonuses by rolling a Lore roll instead.

16. - Top - End - #556
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    I think they meant how long for the magic test and such

As orders are given out, Amber gets to work helping with the magic circles and arcane dealings. She had a few contacts and resources in the city, but with the White Court in control they were few and limited so she was sure Bando and Grim would have an easier time.

Spoiler
    Show

(4d6)[5][4][4][3](16) +4
    Total: 5
    Last edited by Major; 2012-09-26 at 02:57 PM.

17. - Top - End - #557
    Ogre in the Playground

"...Fine I guess. I'll call up some friens from the country club and some of the people I do family practice for. But I'm somewhat new in town..."

He starts the calls from his own cellphone and leaves his work one in a safe place far from the wizard duo

Spoiler
    Show
    Contacts Fair(+2)
    (4d3-6)[1]
    Resources Great (+4)
    (4d3-4)[4]

18. - Top - End - #558
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Grim glanced at the list, staring at Dresden with a look that clearly said, "You've got to be sh!*&ing me!" Sighing, he stepped over to the phone and made a call, not really expecting anything to come of it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Calling a contact at the homeless shelter to see if they have a clue about any of the stuff.

Resources 0: (4d3-8)[3]
    Contacts 1: (4d3-7)[4]

Whee ... what the heck? Wowsers ...
    Last edited by Starbin; 2012-09-26 at 04:49 PM.

19. - Top - End - #559
    Titan in the Playground

For Amber:
    Spoiler
    Show
    As Amber helps Dresden prepare a magic circle, and do so quite expertly, her warden-commander confides to her, "Things are pretty bad right now in other cities. Warden resources are stretched thin. We're lucky that I happened to be available today, but there will be times in the future when you have to accomplish tasks without much warden support. And that is why, as hard as it may be for you, you have to make other allies out there...even ones that may be distateful. I've done the same in Chicago. They're the lesser of evils right now. You made the right decision to agree to help. You may very well save more lives."

When the rest of you get back, Dresden is impressed by the quality of the items acquired. "You got more items ont he list than I had anticipated. These will greatly help Warden Inoue and I concentrate. You may have saved us a few hours. Good job. While we are busy, if there's a way for you to keep an eye out for reports of...similar injuries or perhaps reports of strange behaviors, that would be of great aid. Perhaps the doctor can go check hospital records on the down-low, and the changeling can umm...get chummy with some vagrants? They sometimes can see a lot."

20. - Top - End - #560
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Spoiler
    Show

"It just feels dirty...I'm glad you think I at least made the right choice. I was worried the entire time that working with them would make me look horrible and get me in trouble." She says as she works.

Upon everyone's arrival, she nods and grins, "This is why you guys rock and I love having your help." She says, "Seriously, rock on." She says.

21. - Top - End - #561
    Ogre in the Playground

"Strange stuff? Okay, I know just the place to go do it, I'll see if I can talk my boss into letting me get a day off today in exchange for taking and ER shift right now. Should be done by...9 or 10 AM. Cya"

Brando leaves, picks his cellphone and calls his boss.

22. - Top - End - #562
    Titan in the Playground

Brando calls his boss, and is in luck. His boss is currently in a good mood for some reason, and grants Brando's request. Harry asks, "So where are you going to go?"

23. - Top - End - #563
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Grim watched Brando leave, then looked back at Harry. "Oh, you wanted me to go now? Sure ... I'll check for vagrants, did you say?"

Standing up, he glanced around for a minute, then grinned at Amber. "Have fun playing mystic doctor. See ya around ..."

Grim stepped outside, looking around for the inevitable attack he expected. Not seeing anything, he saw Brando heading towards his car, on the phone. Waiting for a moment, he gestured at the lycanthrope. "Hey, can you drop me off in town?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Just need a ride to downtown, so Grim can head to the Healing Place (remember, the ol' "homeless shelter that's a good place to sleep when you don't have a home, provides lots of scuttlebutt (some good, some bad), and is frequented by drug users (which limits the amount of vampire targeting)" ... Grim will check with Crazy Joe and the others to see if there's any info there.

Not sure that the gun range will have anything (especially at this time of night).

There's also Cortisha's Coffee ... by the way, did that take the place of our proposal: "Magic, Mysteries and the Metaphysical (usually called M3P by the regulars), a local book shop that tailors to the occult and mystical side of things - the perfect place to research what's out there and how to survive an encounter with things that go bump in the night."? If it exists, we should probably check there, too.

Here's a couple of rolls ... Contacts (+1): (4d3-7)[3] to find info
    Investigation (+2): (4d3-6)[3] to think of other places to search
    Awareness (+5): (4d3-3)[6] to avoid getting ambushed

24. - Top - End - #564
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

As Grim made his remark about a mystic doctor, Amber shrugged, "Yeah I will. I'll have to dig out my nurse outfit. Shame you're going to be gone." She said before getting ready to place things.

25. - Top - End - #565
    Ogre in the Playground

Brando waits for Grim to get in before taking him wherever he needs to be and then goes to the hospital

Spoiler
    Show
    Brando will check everyone who comes into the ER for strange stuff. Rolling my Scholarship for that I guess, with some Investigation to make connections?

(4d3-3)[6] Scholarship Superb(+5)
    (4d3-8)[0] Investigation +0

26. - Top - End - #566
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    M3P does exist, but it has fallen into hard times recently, and its...library has been dwindling. Still can do research if you need to.

Brando does his best to examine all the wounds coming into the ER. To his surprise, not one of the ER wounds show any sort of biting or claw damage. The coroner's report has been pretty quiet as well.

Grim avoided a mugger on the way to the shelter, and manages to find out from Crazy Joe that the grub has been...less than satisfying lately at the local soup kitchen. Something about running out of ingredients. Also, he hasn't seen Boffo the Buffoon (another homeless man) in a while, but that might not be too unusual given Boffo's bi-polar disorder.

Meanwhile, at the beginning of this, Harry turns to Amber and asks, "Now, I can probable do the thaumaturgy on my own, but I've never done a magical autopsy on...this sort of body before. It's a completely new breed of...something, and who knows what sort of psychic imprints are left behind? If you want to just sit this one out and keep watch, I'd understand, but if you help, we may get this done a bit faster." There goes Harry and his male chauvinism once again.

27. - Top - End - #567
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"You're the boss, sir. I'm here to assist and get the job done. If I just ran and hide anytime something was difficult, I wouldn't be a Warden." She says, "I'd prefer to help, sir."

28. - Top - End - #568
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Grim can actually do followup questions if he wants. The food at that kitchen has always been good. they're known to be very caring towards the transitory folk. And Boffo is a bit wacko, but he usually doesn't like to miss free meals either.

Alrighty, onto the actual spellcasting! Thanks to Amber's help, she has placed an aspect on the scene of "Well-prepared" that Harry can tag to increase his effective Lore to compare against the Complexity of the spell. This spell seems somewhat difficult, with a Complexity of 8. Harry's current Lore of 5 has been enhanced to 7 with the aspect, and if one of you decides to take an appropriate minor consequence OR spend a fate point to invoke an appropriate aspect on yuor character sheet that'd make snese in helping a magic ritual, then the complexity requirement will be met. What does Amber with to do?

29. - Top - End - #569
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Well I'm running low (maybe out gotta check my sheet) of fate points, so minor consequence is my only option.

30. - Top - End - #570
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    What consequence would you like take on? Something that'd make sense to help with a magic ritual of the divination sort.