New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast

Thread: New Cannes (IC)

1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

Doreen's voice becomes even more frantic when Brando mentions that someone may have seen her daughter kidnapped. "One you did did? Where? Why didn't you call the police? Can you meet me by the Starbucks on Main Street?" You know that this Starbucks is close to a police station.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

double post

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Grim watched, sipping on his coffee. This was certainly going about as well as could be expected ... given the retarded way they were approaching it. Of course, he didn't have anything to input, and he wasn't the one making the car, so he figured he'd keep his mouth shut for now.

Besides, it would make for an entertaining story later ... at Brando's expense, of course.
    Life is ... life. As always bot/cut as necessary.
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."

Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!y

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Post because I can't see the new post...sorry :P

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

"Because you're not a stripper", Brando covers the speaker and says as if it's the most obvious thing in the world. Plus he had a plan...

"For a variety of reasons, the first being that he doesn't carry a cell phone. In any case the police would be useless, the only way they known how to find someone is tapping phones...oh well, I think there's too much people there, wouldn't fill right"

He picks a random locatio within a 20 minute walk of where they were and asks if she can be there. And sets it to meet there in 30 minutes

6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground

Actually, Doreen seems adamant about meeting in a public place. You know...buncha strangers calls you up and wants to meet you...it's standard operating procedure to meet in a very public place just in case they're nut-jobs. She'll let you choose a publicplace other than the starbucks if you want to, but she doesn't like the idea of meeting in a place with few witneses.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"No, but doesn't mean people don't assume since I model in this town that I am." Amber says with a shrug, "Still, it all worked out. I hope the mother is a magic user...might make things easier."

8. - Top - End - #38
    Troll in the Playground

Caleb gives a soft sigh as he listens to Brando finishing up the phone conversation. "I reckon we could stand to be a mite more discreet than that in the future. Still, at least she's agreed to talk to us, so it ain't all bad."

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"And now you get to come across as a creeper...call up some lady who just had a family member go missing and ask to meet them privately? I'm making the next phone call..." Amber says with a sigh.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

Better be from a telephone booth then..and one of the older ones too, if Amber wants to make a call Anyhow, Doreen is still on the phone, waiting to agree on a place to meet.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

Brando won't have a problem with a public place, as long as it's in somewhere with as little police influence as possible

(He's trying to make Doreen follow his pace. Predatorial instincts and all that)
    (Also, can I have night vision for my Beast Trappings? A superior vision at night and inferior at day is standard for felines IIRC)

12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

You'll have better night-vision when you're transformed. As for the meeting place, Doreen agrees to a shopping center about 20 minutes away.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

Assuming you all go there, Brando sees Doreen sitting on a bench outside a Burger King in the mall. She looks around nervously.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Upon getting the meeting point and heading to the mall with the group, Amber moves a bit a ways from the group due to her not having much time to change. While it was great for attracting male attention she wasn't sure how the mom would react to seeing her.

Taking a deep breath as she looks at the woman from a distance she opens the Sight to quickly look at the mother and try and get a sense of it she might be a minor talent like her daughter most likely was.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Grim shook his head at the interaction of the group. It always devolved into these petty arguements over differences in opinion and style. Sometimes it was funny, sometimes it was detrimental ... what it would be this time remained to be seen.

Heading to the mall with the others, he peeled off from and wandered over to the food court separately. Finding a Chik-fil-a, Grim grabbed a drink and some nuggets and found a seat not too far away from the Burger King area. Leaning back in his chair and checking his phone, Grim sat with his sunglasses on, seemingly oblivious to the world. However, he was keenly interested in what happend with Brando and the missing woman's mother ...

Spoiler
    Show
    Awareness (+5): (1d6)[3], (1d6)[1], (1d6)[4], (1d6)[4] = 4. Super natural senses include Ears Like a Cat and Smells Magic
    Last edited by Starbin; 2012-02-02 at 07:13 PM.
    Life is ... life. As always bot/cut as necessary.
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."

Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!y

16. - Top - End - #46
    Troll in the Playground

Caleb, meanwhile, was of a mind to approach the woman alongside Brando. He was the one who had seen her daughter, after all, and the one able to give the best testimony. Unless someone can point out a good reason for him not to, he'll be right next to Brando when he walks up.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

Brando looks at Caleb to his side, wondering if the whoman will actually believe him. Well, they couldn't go back now. He repeats a bit to himself what could be important. Wether her daughter was walking with any strange people, as sometimes Minor Talents did upon finding someone who were almost equal to them...

Also, he begins to wonder if anyone was interested in him. He wasn't actually magical, or so he believed, but still, his transformation might award a similar place?

No point in that now

"Hi. Are you Mrs. Doreen?"

18. - Top - End - #48
    Titan in the Playground

Amber opens the sight. It is a dangerous thing to do, and luckily for the wizard, this one is more confusing than deadly. Focusing on Doreen, Amber sees a snarling, strong lioness who projects an intensity of will. She's not able to decipher much, but if she had to boil down the experience to one word, she'd have to use the word "unstoppable."

Physically, Doreen looks like a woman in her thirties in terrific physical shape. Through her tshirt and jeans, you can clearly see muscle definition. She looks extremely worried, and alternates between checking her watch and looking around.

Grim doesn't see anything unusual about the woman, although he sees perhaps an unusual bulge in the woman's purse.

When Brando approaches and speaks, Doreen stands up and offered a hand to shake. "Yes, yes I am. Are you doctor Brando? You're with the people who saw my daughter get taken?"

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

"Fiammavolpe, but that hardly matters. I am with the person who saw your daughter yes

Brando looks to his side at Caleb. He wonders how the man will explain the whole thing, having some doubt that Doreen will take them seriously if he just stays it was a vision from god

20. - Top - End - #50
    Troll in the Playground

Caleb tipped his hat to the woman. "Hello, ma'am. I'm Caleb Shaffer. I saw something, and I'm hoping you can help me figure it out. Now, it was in the bad part of town, and...."

Caleb relates his vision in brief, although he never mentions when he saw this and how. Not yet, anyway. He told it simply and directly, with an appreciation for the seriousness of the matter. That being said, it was still Caleb Shaffer telling the story, and he looked and sounded a bit backward and antiquated, like the remote son of the countryside that he was.

"...And that's what I saw, ma'am. From the descriptions I heard, I reckon this girl I saw might be your daughter. Do you have any idea who this man I saw might be?'

21. - Top - End - #51
    Titan in the Playground

Doreen puts a hand hand to her forehead as she closes her eyes for a moment, appearing in deep thought. "No, I don't think I know that man. And you've given the description of this man to the police? Perhaps that man is already a criminal?" She opens her eyes again. "Wait, what street did you say that happened on?"

Caleb knows that it is Main Street. He saw that much, but Main Street is pretty long. Grim knows about a bar frequented by the lower-class and criminals on that street. Could be worth a visit. But first, maybe ask the woman a few more questions about the circumstances before the disappearance.
    Last edited by Frosty; 2012-02-08 at 11:11 AM.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Troll in the Playground

Caleb nods. "Yes, ma'am, I've told the police. I don't think they knew this feller, either. And this all happened on Main Street."

"Ma'am, can you tell me some more about what happened before your daughter disappeared? Had you noticed anything suspicious or out of the ordinary at that point? Anything at all?"

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

"Well, my daughter is 10 years old now. She wanted to go to visit a friend's house, but my car was in the shop and I was busy with something. She begged me to let her take the bus alone and I decided that, at 10 years old maybe it was alright to let her try taking the bus alone for once. The bus route goes along Main Street, but she shouldn't have gotten off anywhere on that street at all! If she was grabbed on the street, then she must've gotten off the bus first, but why would she do that?"

24. - Top - End - #54
    Troll in the Playground

"I can't say, ma'am. I didn't see her get off. I just saw her in the street." Now, there's an interesting tidbit. Maybe the gang should take a bus tour later on, see if they can't find any clues there. "This friend you mentioned... have you known them long?"

25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh, ages! My daughter and their daughter have been friends since pre-school. They're just as devastated and shocked as I am."

26. - Top - End - #56
    Troll in the Playground

"And how far from Main Street is their place?" Caleb was just about out of questions, and he glanced at Brando, to see if the doctor had anything to add.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground

"Well, the bus route takes it off of Main Street to go to the bus stop closes to the Lougherty's place. If you wanted to walk from thier apartment all the way onto Main Street itself, maybe 30 minutes?

Doreen takes a look at the other people in the group. "So umm..care to introduce me to your friends? Do they know something as well? Will they be helping?"
    Last edited by Frosty; 2012-02-11 at 01:08 PM.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

After closing the sight Amber rubs her temple and tries to push away the headache. Luckily it fades quickly and only left her confused as opposed to too much mental stress like it did from time to time.

Sadly the Sight hadn't helped much with such a short amount of time and she didn't want to use it too much. After watching the two talk for a bit her eyes started to wander around the area as she grew more and more bored. She realized it was important, but at the same time with little to do on her end at the moment she was growing impatient.

I hope its some monster or something I can blast with my magic... She thought to herself as she sat there.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Troll in the Playground

Caleb nods. "I see. Well, ma'am, I reckon that's all the questions I had for you. If you can think of anything else, get in touch with the doc, here. If I find anything else out, I'll make sure you and the police get informed." He tips his hat to her, and unless there is anything further, will leave to discreetly meet with rest.

"I figure we ought to see if we can find the driver of that bus, find out what he saw. Maybe there's a clue there."

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Amber appears to be thinking but nods, "Right...not a bad idea." She mumbles as if distracted by something. "You know if we could get something that belongs to the girl...something that has meaning to her, I might be able to track her with magic. The stronger the connection to her, the stronger the tracking spell."