New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 21 of 37 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: New Cannes (IC)

1. - Top - End - #601
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

"Also depends on if he is just feeding the monsters or infecting. If these things can eat dead bodies there are a lot of options there as well. The problem is figuring out where he could hide without attracting attention from people going missing. Homeless does seem the best bet."

2. - Top - End - #602
    Titan in the Playground

Harry takes this all in and says, "We've all had a long day. Why don't we reconvene tomorrow? Grim, you said you're going to check in again with Crazy...umm...Joe was it? And doctor, you can go talk to Aria to see if she knows about anything strange with the homeless shelters. Warden Ranoue, do you have any sort of experience with Potions? Perhaps you might make some in preparation for any sort of battle..."

3. - Top - End - #603
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Glancing at Harry, then at Amber, Grim grinned and nodded. "Sure, you guys need some time alone. Guess I'll head back to the shelter." Standing up and stretching languidly, he walked over to the door and waited for Brando, hoping to get a ride back.
    Life is ... life. As always bot/cut as necessary.
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."

Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!y

4. - Top - End - #604
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"My specialty is spirit magic, conjuration, and veils, but I can try." Amber says with a nod, "Is there no cure for the infected that you were able to see with the bodies? Making that type of potion would be more beneficial than strengthening us, if possible."

5. - Top - End - #605
    Titan in the Playground

"I think those infected can saved by a magic ritual if the ritual is done soon after infection. I think perhaps some Water-based magic potion might be able to strengthen our bodies and extend the time we have to get cleansed. If you are not adept at the element of Water, then you should brew something else to aid in combat."

Is Brando going to visit Aria tonight?

6. - Top - End - #606
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"I'm capable of performing water magic." Amber says with a nod, "I specialize in spirit, but I can manipulate water." She says turning toward her magic room, "You inspected the bodies so I'd need some details on how it works to build the potions, but I can do it."

7. - Top - End - #607
    Ogre in the Playground

"Alright, just come Grim"

Brando takes Grim to his shelter, and does go to the White Court's mansion. He stops to buy a flower first obviously.

Spoiler
    Show
    Are we rolepaying it?

8. - Top - End - #608
    Titan in the Playground

"Well, the potion strength will depend on your understanding of the supernatural. In this case specifically about how the ghoul-infection spreads. How good would you say is your lore of supernatural physiology?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Harry is asking about Amber's Lore rating. And yes, we can definitely roleplaying out Brando's convo with Aria. You're going to look for her at the local WC chateau right?

9. - Top - End - #609
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"Well, I don't mean to brag, but it was one of my highest specialties back when I was learning. Second only to my ability to cast and control evocation spells."

10. - Top - End - #610
    Titan in the Playground

"Alright, you will need an appropriate ingredient for each of the 5 sesnes, one ingredient for the mind, and one for the heard. These ingredients must somehow have metaphorical significance to the effect we are trying to create. We are effectively attempting to supercharge the body's immune system against supernatural agents."

Spoiler
    Show
    DukeGod, you ready to roleplay out talking with Aria yet?

11. - Top - End - #611
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"Ah, right," Amber says thinking, "So we need sight, taste, touch, hearing, and smell." She says rubbing her chin. "Our goal is to increase our immune system, specifically when dealing with an infectious monster." She thinks to herself as she moves towards her magic room, "I'll see what I can find."

12. - Top - End - #612
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm ready. Brando is bringing a bocquet of Blue Camelias as a gift of sorts

13. - Top - End - #613
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    and I'm going to take the chance while he does that to work on ideas for the potion.

14. - Top - End - #614
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    And I shall role-play sitting at the shelter waiting for the next day ...

Grim sat and waited.

15. - Top - End - #615
    Titan in the Playground

Grim goes to the shelter, and he finds Crazy Joe looking rather worried. "It's not like him...not like him at all. Usuaully if I even mention the words "free food" he'd show up instantly like magic. I was gonna share some of the chicken with 'im. But this time, silence. I found the address, so you can check on him yourself if you want. Dunno where he went."

Brando goes to the manor that he knows Aria to live at currently. He reaches the large gates. It's not quite as...gothic as the Wraith manor in Chicago, but there is security...expensive security...nonetheless. There is also a button with a speakerphone next to it. Brando has done this a few times before so he knows the drill. He is to announce himself (push the button first)

16. - Top - End - #616
    Ogre in the Playground

As Brando presses the button.

"Hello? This is Brando. Likely best known as heart-stolen Brando. At least by someone in there."

Ugh, that sounded good in his mind

17. - Top - End - #617
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

"I found the address, so you can check on him yourself if you want. Dunno where he went."

Grim nodded, sighing inwardly. "Alright ... give me the address. I'll check up on him. Any changes to the folks in the kitchen, recently? Just wonderin, since you said they've been low on meat recently."

Once he got the address, he'd head for the bus to get over there ... but not before he texted Brando to let him know where he was headed.

18. - Top - End - #618
    Titan in the Playground

There is a brief silence on the other side. Brand can almost imagine a groan from the other end as crickets chirp and a tumble-weed goes by.

"Aria is expecting you. Please wait there for the limosine to pick you up. You will be deposited at the entrance to the observatory. Proceed inside." Within a minute, the gate opens and a white (of course) limosine pulls up. One of the doors open. Inside is someone that looks much like Aria, except perhaps a bit younger-looking.

"Why hello there...it's been a while since you...visited. Come back to reconsider my...indecent proposal?" says Brie, Aria's sister, her voice dripping with honey. Brie has (unsuccessfully) tried to convince Brando to also be a partner to her. Brando believes that he can't handle more than one vampire draining his life force on a regular basis, no matter how pleasurable a 3-some with two vampire sisters might be. Still, it gets harder to resist each time, and this time she's wearing a completely sheer dress with red high heels.

Meanwhile, Grim texts Brando around this time, and Crazy Joe responds, "The folks are fine. When I ask'em about the meat, they just sez that supply iz short. There seems to be a shortage, like someone is buyin up all the supplies or something."

19. - Top - End - #619
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Nodding, Grim waved good-bye to Crazy Joe and headed out. He texted Brando about the additional news with the meat supplies and looked for the next bus headed in the direction of the address.

20. - Top - End - #620
    Titan in the Playground

The "address" is under a bridge that is near a huge garbage landfill. Great for scrounging things up. Also decent for privacy. There are signs that someone was living here relatively recently. A cardboard box. A chipped mug (on its side. SOme sort of liquid spilled). A few old newspapers.

21. - Top - End - #621
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Grim, eyes wide open, searched around, trying to find anything that might suggest what had happened. There's a chance that Boffo could have been on the Ghoul menu recently. Of course, there was a chance that Boffo had joined the ranks of the ravenous, so best to stay sharp.

Spoiler
    Show
    Awareness: (4d3-3)[3]

22. - Top - End - #622
    Ogre in the Playground

"Oh great" the thought comes fast. Brie. She just had to be there. Brando knew he had countless reasons to reject her. And yet...

And yet, he was somewhat addicted to their Beast. What was inside them made him lust for them. He could keep it under control for he himself had his own beast. But he knew it was completely different. Grim's first message comes. He doesn't look at this phone. It'd be disrespectful to Brie. He couldn't bring himself to that. No matter how wicked they may be he still had to have a measure of respect towards those with a beast.

And it is with that thought that he devours Brie with his eyes. She was gorgeous and they both knew it though only other people could let her now that truly. But not for long. A few seconds. That is more than enough

"Of course I did think. And it's not indecent. I've seen indecent in the worlds where I've been, girl. Even if you of the White Court think you know the meaning of the word, you don't. There is more to it's meaning than just and most does not relate to sexuality. You can call it that to any other fools but not to me."

He enter the limousine and sits by her side. No worries, no fear, no concerns.

"My answer remains no."

And with that, he considers their talk over. So he takes his cellphone and checks the messages. To which he mutters an "interesting"

23. - Top - End - #623
    Titan in the Playground

Grim discovers that there appears to be some drag marks and some signs of struggle. However, there doesn't appear to be any blood, dried or otherwise.

At the Raith mansion, the limosine ride over was a bit...tense, and Brando can feel Brie's gaze on him for the minutes of the ride. Luckily, she does not try anything else. Once at the observatory, Aria is inside, wearing just her nightie, and staring into a telescope. "So honey, I'm glad I was able to get those peky policemen offa you in time. We made a few calls when we heard a squad car were coming by the warden's place."

24. - Top - End - #624
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Sighing, Grim shook his head. Nothing like following drag marks into the dark, when infectious ghouls were on the loose. It was like playing Resident Evil 36, only there was no reset button ...

Keeping his pistol handy, Grim followed the tracks, eyes searching for signs of anything ... or anyone.

25. - Top - End - #625
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Amber sighed as she dug around her lab. What was she supposed to use to help resist being infected. "Hmm...well, it works kinda like those stupid zombie movies..." She mumbled thinking. "Let's narrow this down, sight first." She said opening various boxes in her messy lab.

Spoiler
    Show

Sorry for delay was having a hard time coming up with it and kept putting it off.

So, to clarify since I've not read the books in a while, how exactly are the senses connected to the item? Like an example of one type of item would help. With sight is it something to "block the eyes" or would it be something you see? Smell being an item that "blocks the nose" or a smelly item? etc?

26. - Top - End - #626
    Ogre in the Playground

"Hello Aria. I love you too. The policemen did give me a chill but nothing serious. Now, are you sure that is what you wish to talk about?"

He approaches the telescope and looks up. Obviously he couldn't see as clearly but maybe something would draw his attention even at naked eye

27. - Top - End - #627
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Does Grim have any Survival? If he is actively looking to find/follow any sort of tracks, he must roll his Survival.

For Amber, the items required is specific to each individual's emotional outlook. For the Visual sense, photographs are ver common. For example, a photo of something that, to Amber, *symbolizes* health, vitality, and an ability to resist change would be appropriate for this sort of potion.

Aria has always had astronomy as a hobby for as long as Brando has known her. This rather surprises many people (including some other vampires) as some just assume that the only hobbies for White Court vampires involve sex. "I'm looking for a shooting star. I was told one would be visible tonight. Haven't found it yet though. As for what I wanted to talk about, I just wanted to give you pertinent information. Consider this another gesture of goodwill for dear Amber. God she'll look hot working at the Dancing Dryad, but that's for later. Listen, I've done some digging, and I've got the address of a few other real estates owned by the vampire that fits the description you gave. Interested?"

28. - Top - End - #628
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Grim does have Survival ... just not very much of it.
    Survival check: (4d3-7)[0]

29. - Top - End - #629
    Titan in the Playground

Grim is only able to track the trail into the nearby landfill, where he loses the trail. The trail could lead anywhere after that.

30. - Top - End - #630
    Ogre in the Playground

"If I am interested? Oh yes. But not today. I've had enough of this for today. Enough of vampire politics and plots. Now, I need another kind of attention from one vampire in specific"