New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 22 of 37 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: New Cannes (IC)

1. - Top - End - #631
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

Spoiler
    Show
    While I dread the consequences, can I spend a refresh point to tap my aspect "What the Luck?" to stumble upon trail (or a clue)?

Grim searched around, but it was in vain, it seemed. While he could see in the dark, he couldn't follow the tracks much further than the nearby landfill. As curious as he was, he wasn't about to dig around there for a dead hobo.

He texted Brando, grinning at the irony of his message: No luck finding the missing person With a sigh, he turned to leave, heading back to the shelter ...
    Life is ... life. As always bot/cut as necessary.
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."

Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!y

2. - Top - End - #632
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Spoiler
    Show

How about some of these? I'm feeling so bad at this. Glad I'm not a real wizard :P

Sight: Woman's Health Magazine (tell me she wouldn't get flooded with those in the magazine)
    Hearing: A CD with the song "Staying Alive" (:P)
    Smell: Shampoo/Conditioner (that kind with the "healthy hair, healthy body, blah blah blah. Loreal I think?)
    Taste: Apple? (Apple a day keeps the doctor away)
    Touch: *still working on it*

3. - Top - End - #633
    Titan in the Playground

Brando's busty babe smiles and licks her lips. "Well, I suppose I can leave the stargazing for later. I know you find our...activities to be stimulating...in more ways than one. I wonder which of our beasts will get fed tonight." It doesn't seem to matter that you two are in the observatory. She does this thing that resembles a small shrug of her shoulders, and somehow her garments just fall off completely, revealing her alabaster, beautiful form completely. She leans in for a kiss.

Spoiler
    Show
    Aria is referring to the Hunger/demon that is a White Court's perpetual co-pilot, and of course Brando's own beastial half. WC vamps do not often feed upon were-forms, and I got this awesome idea for my version of the Dresdenverse. When the feeding does happen, there is basically a metaphorical warring (albeit pleasurable warring) between the beast and the demon, to see who gets the upper hand in the exchange. I'd like to do this as a full-fledged Mental conflict, although for the sake of moving things along we can always do it separate from the main story. We'll just keep it in spoilers.

The loser gets some sort of mild consequence and the winner gets some sort of temporary beneficial aspect that can be free-tagged. What do you think?

Grim, even if he expends extra effort, is unable to to find the tracks he needs (he just didn't roll well enough for the +2 to matter), so he returns to the shelter. Amber is able to find appropriate ingredients for all but the sense of Touch thus far.

4. - Top - End - #634
    Ogre in the Playground

"You all but too often make it sound like a competition. The feeling of life that comes with victory of mine is indeed awesome, but I often find the battle more entertaining..."

Brando takes the invitation, and within seconds pulls her closer and holds her as they kiss

Spoiler
    Show
    Sounds fun enough.

5. - Top - End - #635
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Aria, being the initiator of feeding, always goes first. As she kisses Brando, Brando could feel the pleasure spread from his lips immediately downwards, to the rest of his body.

Aria performs a Mental attack
    using Deceit
    vs Brando's Discipline

(4d3-4)[3]

Brando can use Conviction as his attack skill vs Aria's Discipline. Oh btw, since Aria is doing battle with Brand's beast, you can reshuffle Brando's skills to represent his inner Beast form, who may or may not have more Discipline than Brando as human.

6. - Top - End - #636
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I sortof doubt it would be any higher. Too bad for me >.<
    I might just as well keep them all the same
    (4d3-7)[1] Defending against Aria, Discipline Average(+1)

As soon as he feels the pleasure Brando makes his best to mitigate it. He doubted he could come any close to actually rendering it's effects void but he could hold.

At the same time, he is more direct. His beast jumps in, sending it's feelings into her, trying to overwhelm Aria's mind.

(4d3-5)[4] Mental attack using Conviction (+3)against Aria's Discipline

I'm not sure I should be rolling the attack aswell or if you needed to resolve something in-between...
    Last edited by DukeGod; 2012-11-26 at 01:31 PM.

7. - Top - End - #637
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    I feel dirty ... hey, Amber, wanna make out with the homeless guy?

Last edited by Starbin; 2012-11-26 at 04:57 PM.

8. - Top - End - #638
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    How much? :P (kidding)

OH! CONDOMS! Does that work for touch?

9. - Top - End - #639
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    OH! CONDOMS! Does that work for touch?
    Umm, sure, in this case I'll allow it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Major
    How much? :P (kidding)
    Heh, I KNEW Amber would fit right into the culture of the Dancing Dryad...

The next day, everyone is gathered back at Amber's place...

Spoiler
    Show
    The mental conflict should not slow the game down. We will skip to the next day, while playing out the conflict concurrently. Win or lose, Brando will feel a bit tired (although no consequence unless Brando loses), so you can roleplay that. Oh, after the feeding, Aria gives the location of some warehouses in the meat-packing district. The warehouses have refrigeration capabilities too, and are apparently distribution hubs that *usually* supply meat to various places in the city, like restaurants or soup kitchens.

Aria's Discipline defense: (4d3-4)[7]

Aria performs a Maneuver
    using Deceit
    vs Brando's Discipline
    in order to place an aspect of "Very distracted" on Brando

(4d3-4)[3]

Aria's lips curl in pleasure and hunger herself as she dives into the battle. Beast energy always tastes good, but she has to WORK a lot harder to get it compared to taking a human's energies. In order to help her succeed, she tries to distract Brando by reaching down with a solft, delicate hand and rubbing somewhere along his pants...
    Last edited by Frosty; 2012-11-26 at 08:03 PM.

10. - Top - End - #640
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Grim nodded to Amber, strolling over to flop on the couch. He wore ripped jeans and an open flannel shirt. The brown tee underneath read, "Remain calm, and bring grenades." Sniffing the air, he looked hopefully at the Warden. "Got any coffee?"

Once they were all gathered, Grim relayed what he had learned from the night before. Glancing at Brando, he raised an eyebrow. "I suppose you could've sniffed the trail out ..."

11. - Top - End - #641
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"In the kitchen." Amber said moving back and forth between rooms to work on the potions now that she had the supplies. She made sure to keep the condom box out of sight.

12. - Top - End - #642
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    How many potions did you make, and how strong do you want them to be? Aka how much of a bonus on any contested Endurance rolls do you want themt o grant?

13. - Top - End - #643
    Ogre in the Playground

"Wrong animal Grim. I'm not THAT good at sniffing things out"

Brando was sitting on the couch.

"Aria gave me the adresses to some more White Court warehouses. They're pretty close to the meat stuff. Oh, and I checked your messages Grim, guess I was right after all"

Slightly tired or not, Brando's problem right now is that he is hungry. His weariness would go away. Maybe he could use that coffee

"Hey Grim, get me some coffee too. And Amber, what are the odds your kitchen would have actual supplies so that I could make a healthy breakfast for us?"

14. - Top - End - #644
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Ooops, forgot about the mental battle

As Aria reaches for his pants, Brando starts to think fast. This was not going well for him. So, he focus really hard on resisting that, and coming up with a plan...
    (4d3-7)[1]

And the idea comes, mid-stalling. Abandoning his attempts at it, Brando quickly sweeps his girlfriend's leg, and he himself goes to his knees into the ground, stopping her from falling any hard. He does however press her while giving a passionate kiss

Using Conviction to pay that maneuver back. He's attacking against her Discipline
    (4d3-5)[2]

The dice are against me >.<
    Last edited by DukeGod; 2012-11-28 at 09:18 PM.

15. - Top - End - #645
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Hmmmm...well I want at least one for each party member. As for strength, however high I can safely make. I'd rather go for weaker but guaranteed than risk failure for stronger. Amber believes better safe than sorry :)

16. - Top - End - #646
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

At Brando's announcement that he was right, Grim simply glanced at him and headed to the kitchen. Smug, vamp-humping bastich ...

Rummaging around, Grim brewed a pot of coffee, making three mugs and bringing them back out. His own was sweet, but he left the other two black.

"So what now? It'd be nice to know what happened to Boffo ..." He leaned back on the couch, sipping his coffee, wishing again that TVs and wizards did mix.

17. - Top - End - #647
    Titan in the Playground

Warden Dresden strokes his slightly-stubbly chin, after having worked most of the night to prepare some potions. "Well, we need to go check out those warehouses. That might be whre Boffo was taken. It makes sense. A big place where a growing ghoul army can hide and have access to large quantities of meat."

Spoiler
    Show
    Aria's Discipline defense vs Brando's maneuver to distract: (4d3-4)[6]

Having already distracted you, Aria's Hunger shovves aside your mental defense, wanting to eat its fill. Your succulent, nourishing energy awaits its hungry jaws as Aria uses her own jaws to lightly bite you even as she kisses you back! Her own nipples grow extremely hard in this animal act.

Aria performs a a Mental Attack
    using Deceit
    vs Brando's Discipline
    [roll]4d3=4[/roll]

18. - Top - End - #648
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Let's try the attack roll again.
    (4d3-4)[4]
    If Brando's defnese roll ends up totalling 4 or less, Aria will tag the aspect she created earlier for an additional +2 on the attack.
    Last edited by Frosty; 2012-11-30 at 11:04 PM.

19. - Top - End - #649
    Ogre in the Playground

"Okay, we're gonna walk into the ghoul army that can infect us? Wait, my just aswell call them zombies if they can do that"

Spoiler
    Show
    Defense roll
    (4d3-7)[3] Discipline Average (+1)
    Seeing his defenses break one after one, Brando's mind gets a bit desperate
    He had to do something REALLY fast
    So, he reaches deep into his animal soul ,and let's it ROAR! Lust crying out, trying to get Aria off-balance for just a second too

Maneuver to place a "Shocked" aspect on Aria
    (4d3-5)[1] Conviction Good (+3)

20. - Top - End - #650
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"Well, that is why I was working on potions..." Amber says with a shrug. "It'll be fine...hopefully."

21. - Top - End - #651
    Titan in the Playground

Dresden says, "Either way, it is our responsibility as wardens to assess how big of threat this potential ghoul-pocalypse is. If it's too much for us to handle, we'll call in backup. Otherwise, we eliminate the threat."

Spoiler
    Show
    Total of 3-stress hit on Brando's mental stress track.
    Aria'a defense roll using Discipline: (4d3-4)[1]
    Sensing the lust building up and threatening to overwhelm you, your...energetic reaction to it actually shocks her momentarily. Nonetheless, Aria goes for another direct attack, rubbing her body against you sensually.

Brando places a fragile aspect of "Shocked" to Aria. The aspect is lost after your turn.

using Deceit
    vs Brando's Discipline
    (4d3-4)[6]
    Last edited by Frosty; 2012-12-04 at 03:39 PM.

22. - Top - End - #652
    Ogre in the Playground

"Potions is what you're doing? In a big cauldron and everything?"

Spoiler
    Show
    I'll tag my aspect to enhance my defense
    (4d3-7)[1] Come ooon Random Number God... Average Discipline (+1)

Taking alll he can on his new advantage, Brando does his best to resist Aria's new attack, and instantly strikes back!

(4d3-5)[4] Good Conviction (+3)

23. - Top - End - #653
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"I'm a wizard, not a witch." Amber says with a frown. "It isn't like that. It is more like making a type of medicine that will help us against supernatural things."

24. - Top - End - #654
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Brando takes another 3 stress hit, which fills in his 4th box. He is dangerously close to being Taken Out (to dinner, as dinner).

Aria's Defense using Discipline: (4d3-4)[6]

Aria senses just how desperate Brando is now. The doctor's last attempt is all savagery and no finess...and it felt GOOD. Aria WANTS to feast on that energy. It would invigorate her for days!

using Deceit
    vs Brando's Discipline
    (4d3-4)[4]
    "So, are we ready to go investigate those warehouses? Bring all your weapons. I hope it doesn't turn into a big fight, but knowing my luck..."

25. - Top - End - #655
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Amber grins and points her finger at Harry and makes a fake bang motion like a gun, making sure to not actually channel any magic in the gesture. "Bang, I always got my weapon." She says with an amused smirk.

26. - Top - End - #656
    Ogre in the Playground

"There is no weapon that I can wield"

Spoiler
    Show
    As yet another defense falls, Brando. Once more he tries to block away every thought that does not concern protecting himself
    (4d3-7)[0] Discipline Average (+1)

(only if it works I suppose)
    If Aria wants it that way so be it. She wanted his energy? She'd get it. All he could muster, into an attack!

(4d3-5)[3] Good Convicion (+3) against Aria's Discipline

27. - Top - End - #657
    Titan in the Playground

"And you, Grim? Do you have some fae powers to bring to bear?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Unfortunately (or fortunately from a pleasure standpoint), his Discipline folds and Aria is able to Take Him Out, feasting on his beast's energies. He now has a minor mental consequence of, "Sucked Dry" which will clear out by the end of the day and he also feels a bit more inclined to see sexy and lust as good things.

28. - Top - End - #658
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Grim looked up from the coffee he had been sipping. "What? Oh, yeah ... I've got all sorts of fairy powers, but this is my favorite." Reaching behind his back, he pulled for his Glock, the weapon an odd choice for one of Faerie blood.

"Yub, got my BOOM stick!"

29. - Top - End - #659
    Titan in the Playground

"Well, most beings with fae-blood shy away from anything with metal, but whatever works man. Alright, let's head out. Umm...we'd better use my car. Anything...newer than that will likely crash and burn with two wardens of the council riding it." If there are no objections, off you go to the meat district, where super-chilled warehouses normally store lots and lots of meat!

30. - Top - End - #660
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Grim just grinned at the comments from Dresden, putting away his piece. Joining the others in the car, he sat in the back, slouched down, gazing out the window as they headed towards the meat-packing district.