New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 21718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: New Cannes (IC)

1. - Top - End - #781
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

Spoiler
    Show
    Well it's your turn anyways if you want to try anything else like a Maneuver or something to help.

2. - Top - End - #782
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    I think it's assumed with the skill, isn't it? I mean, Guns assumes that you have at least a regular gun of sorts ... So weapons should assume you might have a knife or regular sword, right?
    Life is ... life. As always bot/cut as necessary.
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."

Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!y

3. - Top - End - #783
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Starbin View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think it's assumed with the skill, isn't it? I mean, Guns assumes that you have at least a regular gun of sorts ... So weapons should assume you might have a knife or regular sword, right?
    Spoiler
    Show
    It means you can afford one, yes. Whether you choose to bring it with you somewhere is up to you of course.

4. - Top - End - #784
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    True dat ... I thought maybe there was a question of whether owned a weapon. If she left it at home above the mantle, well that's a different issue

5. - Top - End - #785
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Not sure what weapon I'd carry as a Warden without there being swords. Explaining a weapon on a model would be weird. :P But I can figure that out another time. For now, Amber is just standing there making her earlier comment. Backing up would make me look weak and attacking boss up close is too risky. So, I'll end my turn for now. Question in case he attacks again, does a block require a certain skill? Cause I have my enchanted glove that gives me +6 block twice per session...

6. - Top - End - #786
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I think we need more details on that block. You've spelled out the strength of the block (6) but not the duration if it lasts beyond one round. The way I'm reading it right now, the block lasts one round, and it takes an action to activate so you're really not going to be able to do anything else if you activate the glove. And no, it takes no skill to use the shield. It's just a force field around you that deflects attacks, but it does not help vs mental attacks.

The ghouls attempts to take a BITE out of Grim!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Both ghouls attacking (bite: Weapon (4)) with Great Fists vs Grim's Fists or Athletics.
    (4d3-4)[4]
    (4d3-4)[4]
    Last edited by Frosty; 2013-03-15 at 09:45 AM.

7. - Top - End - #787
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think we need more details on that block. You've spelled out the strength of the block (6) but not the duration if it lasts beyond one round. The way I'm reading it right now, the block lasts one round, and it takes an action to activate so you're really not going to be able to do anything else if you activate the glove. And no, it takes no skill to use the shield. It's just a force field around you that deflects attacks, but it does not help vs mental attacks.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I believe the basic block is just one round. However it has to be used on my turn? Not as a reaction to an attack? Must have misunderstood mechanics. Still useful, just not as good. And damn, not a mental block. Shame.

8. - Top - End - #788
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

As the ghouls attacked, Grim tried to dodge backwards away from their claws. "Hey, not on a first date ... especially if you didn't wash your hands!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Oh joy ... another opportunity to fail based on the luck of the dice. Fists +4 {roll]4d3-4[/roll]

9. - Top - End - #789
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Dagnabbit ... (4d3-4)[1]

SERIOUSLY? WTF is the point of having +4 or +5 to any skill when I can't ever roll average, and our opponents almost ALWAYS roll average or above.

I hate die rollers ...
    Last edited by Starbin; 2013-03-15 at 12:25 PM.

10. - Top - End - #790
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Roll another one. You were attacked by both ghouls, so you must roll two defense rolls. This...is gonna hurt if you fail the second one. As it is, the first one is doing 7 physical stress. Luckily, you can take consequences, and this is kind of the end boss of this adventure. Plus, getting taken out doesn't usually mean Death, especially if you Concede after taking a moderate or severe consequence.

And I apologize for not doing a lot of Compelling to keep you guys stocked up on fat points. The next adventure will definitely have more compels!
    Last edited by Frosty; 2013-03-15 at 03:30 PM.

11. - Top - End - #791
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Sweet ... more opportunities to, uh, succeed. (4d3-4)[4]

12. - Top - End - #792
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Any FP left? If you spend one, you'll avoid the second attack completely. So, how do you want to deal with the 7 stress hit from ghoul #1?

13. - Top - End - #793
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Well, I should have 2 refresh points left (since I don't think Grim has done anything with them up until now). If that's the case, then yes, miss please!

As for the consequences, I can honestly say I have no idea how all this works. I've perused the book (that's being generous) and have pretty much hoped to not be in a 'death's door' situation. So, let's see, I have Inhuman Toughness and Inhuman Recovery, so I don't know how that adjusts things. Next, what are my options? Obviously, I have to take some consequences, but I'm not sure how I need to do that ... Maybe Torn Tendons in my arm? Or does it need to be more serious, like Crippled Spine or Missing Head?

14. - Top - End - #794
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Well, you've got 3 Endurance, so you've got 4 physical stress boxes. You can have up to your 4th stress box filled and be fine (and even still have 1, 2, and 3 open), but right now you're taking a 7 stress hit. So you need to reduce the attack by 3 at the very least. Consequences reduce stress from an attack by 2, 4, 6, or 8 depending on the severity of the consequence you wish to take. For this attack, you must take at least a Moderate consequence to reduce the stress by 4.

I am AFB, but if Inhuman toughness gives you more stress boxes, then you may not need to take a Moderate.
    Last edited by Frosty; 2013-03-15 at 04:29 PM.

15. - Top - End - #795
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Inhuman Toughness gives another 2 stress boxes yeah. Grim got 6

If I can recommend somehting, Grim, you can take a mild consequence reducing the stress you take by 2, filling your 5th box. Mild consequences are small things like "Tired" or "Bruised Hand".

After that, on your turn, you can take a suplementary action(giving a -1 penalty to whatever roll you're going to fail do, and use the Shrug it Off power of Inhuman Recovery to remove it. (You can do that, during combat only, for PHYSICAL consequences, once per scene)

I really shouldn't say all that, but let's face it. Starbin could use all the help he can take XD

16. - Top - End - #796
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by DukeGod View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Inhuman Toughness gives another 2 stress boxes yeah. Grim got 6

If I can recommend somehting, Grim, you can take a mild consequence reducing the stress you take by 2, filling your 5th box. Mild consequences are small things like "Tired" or "Bruised Hand".

After that, on your turn, you can take a suplementary action(giving a -1 penalty to whatever roll you're going to fail do, and use the Shrug it Off power of Inhuman Recovery to remove it. (You can do that, during combat only, for PHYSICAL consequences, once per scene)

I really shouldn't say all that, but let's face it. Starbin could use all the help he can take XD
    Spoiler
    Show
    Got a way to avoid mental damage/recover mental stress? :P

17. - Top - End - #797
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Not that I know of, Major. Anyhow, waiting for Starbin. After that, it is back up to his actions anyways.

18. - Top - End - #798
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks DukeGod ... that helps. So let's do all that! We'll call the consequence Bruised hand (left) since the thing tried to bite me, but didn't quite break the skin (or is that a foregone conclusion?)

Then I'll use supplemental action to recover ... can I still move, or am I left with an 'attack' action?

19. - Top - End - #799
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Actually, since the ghouls did their thing on Grim, it's not my turn. Time to unleash the beast!

Brando quickly loses whatever clothing he has on himself, as his shift begins. The wounds were still there, of course. Great. He however starts sprinting towards the vampire with clenched (and menacing) fangs showing, as he withstood the pain of his leg. As he approaches, he lets a roar, and uses his front legs to heave himself up, standing on his hind legs for some seconds, and using his bag leg to support himself on the shoulder of some poor ghoul.

Hopefully, before the thing can collapse from the weight, Brando throws all his weight foward, sliding his paw back as far as he can. It isn't much, since his new anatomy isn't made to support that kind of attack, but its good enough. Then with all the strength of his improved muscles, and the extra power of his weight going forward, he slams that paw into the ghouls's ear in the liger equivalent of a haymaker!

Spoiler
    Show
    skillspread
    Superb: Fists, Endurance
    Great: Might, Athletics
    Good: Intimidation, Awareness
    Fair: Scholarship, Resources, Presence
    Average: Discipline, Driving(lol XD?), Empathy, Conviction, Contacts(lol XD?)

And thankfully, I'm one of the high rollers!
    (4d3-3)[2] Superb(+5) Fists.
    Oh, I do think you know this, since the ghouls usually drop quickly, but Claws and Inhuman Strength means I do an extra 3 stress per hit

20. - Top - End - #800
    Titan in the Playground

(Oh yeah, if you have consequences, could all of you post them at the beginning (or end, if you prefer) of every post? I forgot whether the leg is a mild or moderate. Been too busy with work to think about much of anything )
    Last edited by Frosty; 2013-03-18 at 02:50 PM.

21. - Top - End - #801
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Starbin View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks DukeGod ... that helps. So let's do all that! We'll call the consequence Bruised hand (left) since the thing tried to bite me, but didn't quite break the skin (or is that a foregone conclusion?)

Then I'll use supplemental action to recover ... can I still move, or am I left with an 'attack' action?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Without your supplemental, you cannot move *and* attack in the same round. Although, with your Supernatural Speed, with your supplemental you could actually move 2 zones with no penalty and 3 zones with a -1 and still do something else. Scary really.

22. - Top - End - #802
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Grim shook the huge ghoul off that was clamped down on his left hand. "Bad doggie! No bite!" As soon as he had freed himself, he was across the room, standing next to Amber, shaking his hand in pain.

"Sunnuvabiatch ... who the f*&k bites you? I mean really?" Taking a deep breath, he watches the battle continue, getting ready to give another shot at one of their opponents.

Spoiler
    Show
    Okay, so I may be misreading this, but I figured I'd Recover and move, if that's okay. Grim will move back to be next to Amber, if possible.

If he can't do that, then he'll stay in place and Recover and try to dodge the next blow ...

23. - Top - End - #803
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    You can do that. Because it's only one zone, you don't even need to roll athletics.

24. - Top - End - #804
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Vampire defends against the haymaker using Athletics of Good + Inhuman Speed.
    (4d3-4)[4]

I'll get the rest up later today. going to work now.
    Last edited by Frosty; 2013-03-19 at 07:51 AM.

25. - Top - End - #805
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    We suck :P I'm the best we got and I can only attack like four times without knocking myself stupid lol.

26. - Top - End - #806
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    sorry ... I thought +4 was supposed to be good. Apparently not that good.

27. - Top - End - #807
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    It *is* good...when the dice rollers are being fair. You can keep casting, you know. Amber can take a consequence instead of taking mental stress when casting a spell. If you all focus down the vampire, it could work...

28. - Top - End - #808
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    It *is* good...when the dice rollers are being fair. You can keep casting, you know. Amber can take a consequence instead of taking mental stress when casting a spell. If you all focus down the vampire, it could work...
    Spoiler
    Show
    And how many mental consequences can I take again?

29. - Top - End - #809
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Do go for the ghouls first, I'm about to try something with the vampire that should keep him busy enough with just me
    Last edited by DukeGod; 2013-03-19 at 07:15 PM.

30. - Top - End - #810
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Major View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    And how many mental consequences can I take again?
    Each person has 1 Mild, Moderate, Severe, and Extreme consequence. Since Amber has 5 Conviction, she has one EXTRA Mild consequence slot that can *only* be used for Mental consequences.

Now remember, casting a spell up to your Conviction (+ specialization + focus slots) for only one stress, but you *can* go over that to cast a more powerful spell. If you over-channel by 1, you can take one mild mental consequence in order to avoid the 2 stress.
    __________________________________________________ ___________

Annoyed at the liger that just tried to...punch him? What the? And thinking that the Warden is too sexually aroused to bring much to the fight right now, he switches targets. Cooly pulling out a desert eagle pistol, he shoots it ONE-HANDED at the doctor!

Spoiler
    Show
    Jamelle draws his weapon as a supplemental action, and then uses his GUNS skill @ Good, with a -1 penalty from the supplemental action, shooting at Brando. (4d3-6)[3]

Brando needs to defend with Athletics against this Weapons: 2 attack.
    Last edited by Frosty; 2013-03-19 at 07:45 PM.