New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast

Thread: New Cannes (IC)

1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

Doreen provides Caleg with a picture of her little girl, Priscilla. "Please, promise me that the moment you find a solid lead, CALL me. I *will* be there to help rescue my little. Promise me."

2. - Top - End - #62
    Troll in the Playground

Caleb nods solemnly. "I will, ma'am. I swear it."

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

Doreen nods, satisfied. She gets Caleb's and Brando's cell phone information before she leaves.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Once the group had gathered again to share what details they had learned from the mother, Grim listened quietly, letting the others chat for a moment. When Main Street was mentioned, Grim grunted, "I know a bar there ... might be someone saw something."

Amber's mention of a tracking spell brings about that infuriating grin of his. "You probably could've gotten something like that if you had asked ... might seem kinda strange to ask now. Better off with a little B&E and grabbing something from her room or school locker. Could ask her BFF ... heh, do you think she had a cell phone?

Spoiler
    Show
    Grim will also check the picture, trying to commit the little girl's face to memory. Anything stand out about her?
    Life is ... life. As always bot/cut as necessary.
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."

Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!y

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

Nothing that's out of the ordinary for a 10 year old girl. Short hair in pigtails. Dirty-blonde color. Big eyes. Sweet smile.
    Last edited by Frosty; 2012-02-15 at 05:06 PM.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"Well the picture can work, but it works much better with things connected. Still, if you guys want to go investigate things I can start working on some tracking spells and call you guys later." Amber says with a shrug, "Shame she isn't older I could probably have got her boyfriend to talk." She says mischievously.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Grim nodded sagely. "Yeah, but 'Buh-buh-buh-boobies' probably wouldn't have helped all that much." Grim turned to the other two. "So, Scooby Gang mode activated? I'm always up for a drink if y'all want to hit the bar while our fearless sponsor studies ..."

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

When you all think about this, you realize that out of everyone, the most charismatic is actually the Warden. Also, if you wanted to use any tracking spell, it might be a good idea to try to find something Priscilla actually carried around. Grim knows of the bar, the Wet Clam. He hasn't been there in about a year, since the change in ownership. Grim knows that it's a pretty rough place. Best go in there in force, as a group, just in case.

Spoiler
    Show
    Amber has a Great Presence and a Fair Rapport. Unless you plan to BEAT the information out of the people there, she's probably your best bet. If asking men, she migth be able to Invoke one of her aspects for a +2 on the Rapport roll.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Agreed normally, but I figured a mother might not be the best for a stripper to walk up to and go "so...your daughter..."

"You'd be surprised what buh-buh-buh-boobies can do." Amber said with a grin. "They can stammer and stumble all they want, they will still talk quite easily, you just gotta ask them each question one by one." She shrugs, "I will note that the picture will be very hard to pull off, while not impossible, it is definitely best to actually have something the girl owned."

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Grim shrugged. "Well, let's get you something personal then. We either call her back, check the house, or check her school. I suggest one of the later, so the mom doesn't get too weirded out ... it might sound like some kind of police psychic thing if you ask for a personal affect."

As he finished his coffee, something else occurred to Grim. "Hey, now that I think about it, we should probably go as a group to the bar ... better chance of getting the information if we're all there. Especially since Madam Buh-buh-buh-boobies will have a target rich environment."

11. - Top - End - #71
    Troll in the Playground

Caleb shrugs. "I guess that sounds like a good plan. No sense takin' unnecessary risk, anyway."

12. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground

Assuming the good doctor agrees as well, the group heads over to the Wet Clam. It is a sturdy but somewhat dirty-looking bar, with flashing neon art of 2 clams drinking beer located near the top-front of the building. The bar is located near the north end of Main Street.

You all see plenty of seedy-looking men hanging out outside the bar. The windows are a bit smudged, but clean to see into if you really try.

(Do any of you take the time to change before you come here? Clothes make a statement one way or another as part of the first impression. The people here dress is pretty low-class fashions. Is Amber still wearing her cloak?)

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Amber would fold up the cloak for now. She'd keep it on her or nearby, but at a bar she is DEFINITELY going for the sexy look.

Might as well roll presence.
    Presence: [rollv]4d6[rollv]+3

Edit: Forgot my slash. I'll post in ooc.
    Edit2: SEE OOC cause the possible number changes on what you allow

"Now this is a fun place...any wagers on how many guys come up to me?" She ask with a smirk as she walks in.
    Last edited by Major; 2012-02-21 at 12:58 PM.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

(see ooc thread)

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

"Not really"

Brando simply walks in. He was still in his blazer and wine red shirt
    However he is more alert than usual. His hair still had pink tips after all

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Grim shook his head as they stood outside for a moment. Smirking at Brando's response, he glanced at Amber's dress, then back at the door. "Not sure I can count that high."

As he looked over at the men sitting outside, he lowered his voice a bit. "Might want to lower the vibe just a bit ... these guys look like they're used to skipping the haggle part and going straight to the transaction ...

Spoiler
    Show
    Grim didn't change, but he would be packing heat. You just don't go to some places without a little protection ... am I right, or am I right?

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

Grim's decision to pack some heat is the right one, but his comment about turning down the vibe might be a bit off, as can be seen when the group enters the bar together. Inside, there are multiple pool tables, with a few people playing at each. At one of them is a young woman wearing high heels, a snug-fitting daisy dukes, and apparently no top. As she leans over to line up a shot, her large hanging chest reminds Amber of the udders of a certain bovine creature.

Barely 5, maybe 10 seconds has passed before most of the patrons here look up and look at the group. A few of them sneers at Amber.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Amber frowns at the sneers and the lack of interest in her. Seeing someone sneer at her she shoots them the bird before leaning towards Grim and whispers, "Look at that heifer...Does she not realize there is such a thing as TOO big?"

19. - Top - End - #79
    Troll in the Playground

Caleb hadn't changed either, meaning he was still sticking out like a sore thumb in a broad brimmed hat and cowboy boots. Tucked away discreetly, and concealed from casual viewing (but not so that the trained eye could not notice it) at his belt was his own sidearm, which he habitually carried unless the situation (like being at Cortisha's) did not permit it. Here, nothing barred him from having his faithful wheelgun at his side, and he was happy for it. These folks looked like they might be difficult customers, and while he prayed always for peace, he liked to stand ready to face violence.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Grim raised an eyebrow at Amber's comment. "I'm surprised ... I would have thought you'd be in the 'size matters' group."

Glancing around, he shook his head slightly. "Looks like new management means a new set of house rules ... not sure my experiences here will be of much help anymore.

No need to rush this ... let's start with some beverages, and maybe get a game of pool."

Grim sauntered over to the bar and nodded to the bartender. "Can we get a pitcher of Bud Light?"
    Last edited by Starbin; 2012-02-22 at 09:52 PM.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"Size is only a bonus, I much prefer a man who knows how to use it." Amber replies back with a shrug, "But that has nothing to do with overly sized tits that she has to drag around because they can't stay up and perky." However she follows Grim over considering removing her top just to be a smart ass. In the end she decides not to since she would gain nothing and it wouldn't even be that much fun.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground

The bartender is 'cleaning' some mugs with a rag can't exactly be called spotless. He leans forward and says, "I mebbe can get you some booze, but not if you're all with the girl."

The woman playing pool gets up from her bent-over position, the bounciness proving the natural-ness of her udders. She smirks at Amber and points to a nearby sign and says, "Looks like SOMEONE doesn't know the local rules of the Wet Clam..."

The sign says...
    For women:
    No Shirts,
    No Shoes (except for high heels),
    or No Service.

Looks like getting information out of the pepople in this bar might be a bit problematic. On the one hand, following the traditions here may make it more likely for the locals to talk to you. On the other hand, Amber the lingerie model might not want to go topless unless she's being paid. Amber could just leave, of course, but would her pride allow her to do so?

Of course, it might be possible to talk or intimidate your way into ignoring the rule, but that'd be a Social Conflict in its own right.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Grim grinned at the man, glancing over as the woman accosted Amber. Leaning forward, he whispered conspiratorially, "Well I am thirsty. Set 'em up ... if she wants a drink, it looks like she knows what to do."

Grim figured a little 'good will' might help here by staying on the side of the 'house rules.' Of course, it might backfire, but what the hell ... it wasn't like Grim was big into 'forethought.'

24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground

The bartender begins pouring a drink, but doesn't slide 'em over yet. "It's more than that. If she doesn't...ahah...follow the rules, she'll have to leave. It's just the way the bosses want things."

The woman says in a teasing tone, "What's da matter, sweetheart? Afraid your goods can't compare?" Well, her 'goods' are rather impressive.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"Wow...you can read." Amber says mocking being impressed. "Here I thought you sacrificed your brain for other things." Amber says condescendingly.

She looked at the sign and then back at the bartender annoyed, "You're ****ting me." She said trying to figure out what to do. One on hand she hated going topless just for modeling shoots where she was at least getting paid and most of the time censored. And now this stupid bartender and big-breasted hoe wanted to be smug because she wasn't some slut?

A part of her wanted to walk out, but her pride was now insulted. If she walked out it made her look like a prude running away, like a dog tucking its tail and leaving. However, if she removed her top it made her look like some cheap hooker who revealed it all just at a whim of a sign. She'd appear desperate and weak.

"I got a better idea." She says before looking at the woman, "You walk back over and play your pool game before the pool game gets shoved somewhere I'll bet is rather loose and overused." She threatens before looking back at the bartender, "And how about I give you the finger, and just not order anything? As much as I get paid to show off why would I show off for some cheap trashy place like this?"

She was being snappier and more rude than normal, but the catch 22 she was in was annoying her.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

Brando sits to Grim's side. He hadn't said a word up to that point.

So, as he sits, puts his elbows on the table, and steeples his fingers, without covering his mouth

And his very first words don't bother to come loud either. But they come strong, each word well pronounced to it's utmost detail. The low tone, forcing other people into making an effort to listen, to lean, slightly bow towards him, by instinct

"And who are these bosses, bartender?"

It wasn't his normal, his friends knew it. He knew it even better. But dating Aria had basically beat some acting skills into him. He mimicked a bit of the Raith, and some other members of the White Court he had met. Without really understanding how it would make any difference, but a child might be in danger. He'd take any advantage he could

27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground

[The woman doesn't look very intimidated by Amber's first threat. After all, she's probably on her home turf, and she can't see any visible weapons on Amber's curvy frame. "Oh look, this one thinks she's too GOOD for us, Cletus..." says the woman to the bartender in a mocking manner. When Amber mentions just how much she gets paid to show off, it is the perfect opportunity to add, "Oh, so you ARE a stripper! You should've just said so! *giggle*" With the giggle, comes a jiggle.

The bartender, Cletus, just shrugs and says to Amber, "I don't make the rules, young woman." To Brando, who has spoken for the first time, Cletus responds, "I don't rightly know, but all I know is that they got some DEEP pockets and backing. They bought this place from the previous owner so quickly it was over in a few days."

So, at this point, Amber looks like she may try intimidate her way through. If the rest of you wish to help, you can, but remember that you're here to get information from the locals. Making them extremely pissed off would not help in that regard, unless you have them SO scared of their lives that they'll tell you so you won't hurt them. Right now, they're more amused than pissed off.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Amber doesn't look at the woman, but speaks. "Model, some of us actually have good looks to go with our cow tits and people WANT to look at us." Amber says with a smirk, "We don't have to go to a bar where the guys are too drunk to see anything but our chest...what's the word? Butterface? Used goods? I hear once you get so loose that the guy can't feel it that's a bad sign." She says finally turning to look at the woman her eyes straight and cold. "Go back to your pool game."

Then she turns back to the bartender, sits down at the bar stool and just watches him while the rest talk, top still on and with no indication she'd be removing it.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

There was a certain amount of poetic justice to Amber's predicament. However, her pride was probably going to write checks that the rest of the group would have to cash ... and if they couldn't get answers, then this was pretty pointless. The question was how to have her save face AND her breasts?

Grim sighed at Amber's response and shrugged to the bartender, who was withholding the alcohol. "I'll let y'all work this out. I gotta hit the head." He started towards the bathroom, then flashed a smile at the half-naked woman. "Hell, I might even use the bathroom while I'm in there!" Chuckling at his own double entendre, Grim headed towards the back, keeping an eye on opportunities for mayhem along the way.

Spoiler
    Show
    Okay, so what Grim is thinking about doing is causing a distraction ... something like a kitchen fire, or explosion or what have you. See, he figures that if Amber and the group is in a position to 'save' the bar, they might get a sympathy pass on the whole topless thing. Is this a well thought out thing? Nope ... but there's the whole "Ready, Shoot, Aim!" aspect. Could someone really get hurt? Sure, it's possible, but it's a cruel world out there ... and these folks don't really look like innocents (Hardboiled).

I'm guessing he'll try to slip away from the bathroom using his supernatural speed and perform the 'distract.'
    However, he's not going to take anything too crazy ... and he wants to make sure there aren't a lot of camera's or folks watching him closely before he does anything (since it would ruin the proposed intent).

Awareness: (4d6+5)[3][6][5][6](25)
    EDIT: Whoops ... didn't do that right ... total is a +8 however. Anything look promising? Any close circuit cameras? Also, Grim has Supernatural Senses (See in the Dark, Ears like a Cat, Smells Magic).

Game on!
    Last edited by Starbin; 2012-02-23 at 03:40 PM.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Titan in the Playground

Grim actually does see a few closed-circuit cameras, which is...surprising for such a run-down place. The new owners must really have spent some money upgrading. In theory, if you could steal the tapes, they might reveal some information about what happened in the past few days, but you have no idea where they're stored.

The...kitchen...or what passes for one, has a few guys busily preparing some snacks like peanuts, and of course carrying barrels of booze. They don't look super attentive, but it might still be hard to start a fire with 3 men int he same room as you. You can definitey try and wait for a chance, but by that time Amber might already be kicked out (or have started a fight).

The bartender puts up his hands says, in relatively polite manner, "Look lady, if you've got problems with this establishment, you can call this number and give your feedback. Dont ask me where exactly it connects to. Some corporate office I bet. But for now, if your friends want to drink or stay, you'll have to wait outside. or be topless." He gives Amber a card. This man seems somewhat reasonable. It may be possible to use Rapport instead of Intimidate, but you'd need to give him a really good reason (which fortunately you have).

The woman does go back to playing pool, but continues to make comments. "Oh, look at miss prude here. You know, lashing out at others is a sign of insecurity. But then, if I had your haircut, I'd be insecure too. Hehehe."
    Last edited by Frosty; 2012-02-23 at 04:31 PM.