Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 120 of 1109

Thread: New Cannes (IC)

  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

    Amber throws the card on the floor over her shoulder and shrugs, "I don't have a problem. And it says if WOMEN aren't topless then no service. These are guys. Serve them." She says ignoring the woman other than to shoot her a bird. "It doesn't say anyone who is with a clothed woman gets no service. So don't serve me. I'll just sit here."

  2. - Top - End - #92
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Frosty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

    "The sign is intended to contain some small value of humor, but the real policy is indeed that any woman between the ages of 18 and 50 here must be topless." Cletus flips over the sign, and it does indeed say so in somewhat small print. Anyone who hasn't been in town for very long may be surprised at the policy, but given the presence of certain brothels and the influence of the White Court, this policy might be for real. In fact, is it possible that this policy was instituted merely to stymie the Wardens? After all, the only Warden in town is female.

    "Why is it so important for you to be here anyways? If you're not going to be here for the drinks, then why bother coming here at all? There are other bars you can go to..."
    Last edited by Frosty; 2012-02-23 at 04:43 PM.
    NS2...it's time to evolve again.

  3. - Top - End - #93
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DukeGod's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

    "You are snooping around too much, mister...I'm sorry, I didn't catch your name...

    He doesn't bother to look at the bartender. Brando's mind rushes here and there. It was hard playing mysterious and dangerous. Real hard. He believed he was doing well though.

    "Either way, perhaps you should occupy your mind with something other than our existence? I'll have a glass of scotch. My friend there will want milk. On a dirty glass yes?"

    He lets a few seconds pass. Then turns his eyes slightly at Amber

    "Would you be so kind as to pick the card for me?"
    Biggest thanks to Dirtytabs for the Ponytar! He's so surturian and got thay ymeronian mane!

    HEXA!

  4. - Top - End - #94
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

    Grim thinks for a moment, then heads to the restroom, checks for anyone else and pulls out his cell. He texts Brando and Caleb real quick, then rethinks his decision to start a fire ...

    Spoiler
    Show
    Text will say "Place stinks like W/C ... keep ur eyes open"


    Walking back out, he joins the others. He stands near Amber, casually putting an arm around her and leaning in close for what looks like a kiss or nuzzle on the neck. He whispers, "Remember when we met? That jerk you were with? I think the folks around here are no better. 'Sides, the bartender's got a point ... who would come to this place and not strip?" Grim glances at her pointedly for a moment, then straightens up and checks the bar for peanuts.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Trying to give Amber the warning without being too obvious ...
    I'm in the middle of a move! No steady internet, so posting will be sporadic and short. Bot me as necessary ... I will return!
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  5. - Top - End - #95
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Frosty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

    The bartender responds, "Name's Cletus, and I'm only involving myself because I'm trying to be friendly while enforcing the rules. Look, if you tell me that you're not with the lady, then I'll serve you some drinks, but she'll still need to wait outside either way unless she strips off her top."

    If Amber doesn't do as the bartender asks, he'll say, "Please, let's not make me call on the bouncers..."

    You've seen quite a few rough types in here. Maybe a few of them also help do the bouncing around here of the non-female kind.
    NS2...it's time to evolve again.

  6. - Top - End - #96
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

    "Bouncers an innuendo for the cow over there?" Amber ask crossing her arms. She gets Grim's message and nods, but just pulls away. "They aren't with me. There." She says with a shrug.

    She wanted to argue with the bartender more. But he made a good point, if she wasn't going to get a drink then she had little reason to be here. However, if she wanted a drink she'd have to take her top off.

    Finally she gets up, "Whatever, this place is a dump anyways. I'm going to wait outside so that your bouncers don't get hurt." She says before turning and walking out without looking or saying anything to anyone.

    However, on the way out she looked over at the lights, the cash register, and pretty much anything electronic she could find and attempted to hex as much as possible on the way out.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Looking over the hexing ability I can hit pretty much anything that's not super old. Hell I could hex some guns if I saw any. Do note she's walking out slowly giving plenty of time to hex as much as possible...

  7. - Top - End - #97
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Frosty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

    Amber sees a few security cameras and lights she can hex, but remember, each deliberate hex counts as a spell for the scene, and you'd have to make spellcasting rolls (and take Mental Stress for each spell).

    As Amber starts walking out, Cletus starts serving everyone the drinks they ordered. How do the rest of you plan on gathering the information you want?
    Last edited by Frosty; 2012-02-23 at 11:17 PM.
    NS2...it's time to evolve again.

  8. - Top - End - #98
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

    Spoiler
    Show
    Book says hexing doesn't give the mental stress. Not sure what you mean by "spell for the scene" how does that work?

  9. - Top - End - #99
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Frosty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

    Hexing as a deliberate action counts as a spell, which does at least one Mental stress. Stress track clears out at end of scene, so your mental track is basically a spell slot counter.

    I am AFB right now, but trust me it's in the book.
    Last edited by Frosty; 2012-02-24 at 03:16 AM.
    NS2...it's time to evolve again.

  10. - Top - End - #100
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    Hexing as a deliberate action counts as a spell, which does at least one Mental stress. Stress track clears out at end of scene, so your mental track is basically a spell slot counter.

    I am AFB right now, but trust me it's in the book.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I checked the book before I did it...let my copy paste.

    Page 258:
    While a spellcaster normally hexes technology
    as an accident of being a wizard (page 228), he
    can also do it on purpose, focusing his energies
    to disrupt electronics and other devices. This
    is significantly less taxing than performing
    other forms of evocation—you don’t even need
    access to the Evocation power (page 180) to do
    it, so long as you are some sort of practitioner,
    because it doesn’t require command of any
    particular element or force. In addition, the
    normal 1-stress cost for summoning power up
    to your Conviction is waived, giving you a “free
    shot” at most forms of technology.
    As such anything up to 5 shifts of power I get a free shot on. Five shifts is quite a bit which would include lights, cameras, TVs, etc. Pretty much anything electronic in this bar. Only thing requiring more is SUPER old technology. Hell, fancy cameras would allow me to probably take out 5 at once using the 1, 1, 1, 1, 1 division...
    Last edited by Major; 2012-02-24 at 05:52 AM.

  11. - Top - End - #101
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Frosty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

    Spoiler
    Show
    Right you are, but I'm counting security cameras as Power requirement 2, so you can only hex two of them with one action. Still, if you're walking slowly, you can hex all the security cameras no problem.
    NS2...it's time to evolve again.

  12. - Top - End - #102
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Right you are, but I'm counting security cameras as Power requirement 2, so you can only hex two of them with one action. Still, if you're walking slowly, you can hex all the security cameras no problem.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Works for me, I figured 1 or 2. So two at a time and any one things in sight? What about the bartender's cash register? Or the lights >:) I'm throwing a temper-tantrum here :P
    Last edited by Major; 2012-02-24 at 03:10 PM.

  13. - Top - End - #103
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Frosty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

    Spoiler
    Show
    The Lights and the Cash register are not very complex, so one turn each.
    NS2...it's time to evolve again.

  14. - Top - End - #104
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Lights and the Cash register are not very complex, so one turn each.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Works for me. So I take three turns leaving, the camera's first, then the register, then the lights. Screw these guys.

  15. - Top - End - #105
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Frosty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

    The security cameras' shut-down went mostly unnoticed. The cash register jams. The lights on the ceiling kind of throws a shower of sparks (Amber is really angry) before going out completely.

    The customers all look around, wondering what is going on, obviously annoyed. Now, what will you all do in order to gather the information you want? It may even be harder now, with the customers annoyed.
    NS2...it's time to evolve again.

  16. - Top - End - #106
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

    Grim sighed to himself, rolling his eyes at the blackout. Turning back to the bar, he grabbed his beer and walked over to one of the pool tables to watch Ms Bouncy play. He'd let the other two do their thing for a bit while he enjoyed the view.

    Besides, he needed to get a feel for the crowd, let it cool down a bit after the 'fireworks.'

    Spoiler
    Show
    Trying to watch the crowd and get a feel for who might be the most willing to talk ...
    I'm in the middle of a move! No steady internet, so posting will be sporadic and short. Bot me as necessary ... I will return!
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  17. - Top - End - #107
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Frosty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

    (Ok, I'm going to try to move things along and try not to let this die...)

    With the lights out, it's hard to do much of anything, including play pool. After Amber leaves, she seems less biting and might be willing to talk, but a brute of a man, with tattoos all over his body (you can see them because he's only wearing a wifebeater and his jeans sag) walks over to the topless woman and says, "Psh, this day is turning out to be worse and worse. F**k it. Let's go and have some fun. That's what ya do when it gets dark isn't it toots?"

    The man grabs the woman by the upper arm, and the woman starts struggling. Whatever talking is to be done by her, it probably won't happen until the man is gone. "Hey, let GO of me. I told you my friends and I aren't interested in your gangbang parties!" shouts the woman.

    What do you all do?
    NS2...it's time to evolve again.

  18. - Top - End - #108
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

    Grim considered letting the woman go to 'enjoy' an evening alone with Mr. Tattoo ... it wasn't like she was an innocent bystander caught up in events. Any other time, he probably would have drank deeply and let nature run it's course. However, there was a job on the line, and that meant money, and money meant a roof and food.

    Besides, there was no way Caleb was going to let this go ... so he had back-up. Clearing his throat, he nodded at the big man. "Hey date rape, let the ... ah ... lady go. I was hoping to chat with Twin Peaks there, and I don't need your paw prints all over them." Taking a sip of beer, he waited and watched. His posture screamed "SLACKER" but his half-lidded eyes shined bright even in the dark, and never lost sight of the man who was about to find out 'no means no' hard way if he kept this up.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Intimidate: (4d6)[1][1][5][2](9)+2= +0 ... oh well, it probably suits me to not be taken seriously ...
    Last edited by Starbin; 2012-03-06 at 08:29 PM.
    I'm in the middle of a move! No steady internet, so posting will be sporadic and short. Bot me as necessary ... I will return!
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  19. - Top - End - #109
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DukeGod's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

    Brando approaches. He could try to fight a bit, but he was at his best in his Liger form. Of course that was obviously off-limits.

    At least for now. It might change soon enough

    "Just let go of her"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Unlikely to succeed but I'm trying to Intimidate too
    Come on, Lady Fortuna. Please
    (4d3-8)[-1]Pfft. Should've known
    Last edited by DukeGod; 2012-03-09 at 03:19 PM.
    Biggest thanks to Dirtytabs for the Ponytar! He's so surturian and got thay ymeronian mane!

    HEXA!

  20. - Top - End - #110
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Frosty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

    The large, tattooed man turns around to look at you two, obviously not impressed. He spits on the floor and cracks his knuckles. "Oh, and what are YOU going to do about this, pip-squeak?"
    NS2...it's time to evolve again.

  21. - Top - End - #111
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

    Spoiler
    Show
    Are we still assuming Caleb is present? If so, is he going to do anything useful, or are we on our own? Grim only mouthed off cuz he thought Caleb would jump up and say something!


    Grim looked at the man, never rising from his seat. "Um, amd I 'pip' or squeak?' I don't know what I'm going to do ... I can't think that far ahead. But you're gonna look like a punk when you get your a$$ kicked by a dude with pink highlights in his hair. After that? I think I'll laugh.

    A lot."


    Grim took a long pull on the beer, waiting to see what happened. Sure, he put Brando's ass on the line, but assuming this didn't get too crazy, he figured the liger could hold his own.
    I'm in the middle of a move! No steady internet, so posting will be sporadic and short. Bot me as necessary ... I will return!
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  22. - Top - End - #112
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Frosty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

    Spoiler
    Show
    We'll pretend that Caleb never existed.


    "You won't be doing much laughter after I rupture your diaphram!" The brute slips on what appears to be brass knuckles...but upon closer inspection they have SPIKES on the knuckles!
    NS2...it's time to evolve again.

  23. - Top - End - #113
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

    Grim shook his head. "Don't do that ... I might end up pregnant! And seeing as how we just met, you'd better buy me a drink first ..." Watching the man, he waited for the fool to get closer before doing anything. It would give Brando a chance to react and emphasize his unconcerned attitude.

    Besides, he figured he could rip this dude up if necessary. But the blood might get on his jeans ...
    I'm in the middle of a move! No steady internet, so posting will be sporadic and short. Bot me as necessary ... I will return!
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  24. - Top - End - #114
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DukeGod's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

    Brando steps in. Well, now he had been forced upon this insanity, he might just aswell act on it. Neither of his "spirit beasts" as the shaman called it would back out of a fight

    Well the man had spikes. Cute. Maybe he'd show him some true claws...no...he had to hold that. No shifting into Liger form unless things got really dangerous

    But he turns his predator instincts on. Brando lowers his knees a bit, relaxed stance, center of gravity lower too. It'd give him mora balance. Some part of his brain knew that would be advantageous. Here goes nothing is his last tought before quickly putting all his weight into his front foot, letting that force flow upwards to his arms and lashing a punch at the big man in front of him. He wasn't so strong like that, but maybe he'd get lucky

    "HEY! I'M THE GUY WITH PINK HIGHLIGHTS!"

    Spoiler
    Show
    I hope the dice's curse has been cured
    (4d3-8)[0] +2 (Fists)
    It's an Attack, using Fists.
    Biggest thanks to Dirtytabs for the Ponytar! He's so surturian and got thay ymeronian mane!

    HEXA!

  25. - Top - End - #115
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Frosty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

    Mr. Tattoo's defense using Fists +3: (4d3-5)[2]
    (Assuming a weapon rating of +0 as per standard unarmed, you deal no actual stress)

    The large hulk of a man didn't think much of Brando before, and this grazing punch which would not enough leave a bruise does not impress him. Sneering, he turns slowly towards the were-liger and throws out his own punch! "Hey look, the wimp thinks he can fight!"
    Last edited by Frosty; 2012-03-18 at 07:08 PM.
    NS2...it's time to evolve again.

  26. - Top - End - #116
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Frosty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

    Mr. Tattoo's attack using Fists +3 with Spiked Knuckles counting as Weapons [1]: (4d3-5)[3]
    NS2...it's time to evolve again.

  27. - Top - End - #117
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

    Grim almost smiled as the larger man took the bait and attacked Brando. Almost like I scripted this out ... now for my part ...

    As the big man swung, Grim leapt forward, letting just a bit of his momentum fuel the power behind his own strike.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Not sure how this would work, but I'd like to use my movement (fueled just a bit by my supernatural speed) to jump forward and smash into the big guy. Maybe an Athletics skill for a Maneuver bonus?
    Atheletics: (4d3-6)[4]
    Fists: (4d3-4)[4] (+ mod from manuever, if any)
    I'm in the middle of a move! No steady internet, so posting will be sporadic and short. Bot me as necessary ... I will return!
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  28. - Top - End - #118
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DukeGod's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

    Brando was a bit worried. He could see Grim start moving a bit

    Okay then. Just dodge the punch

    Spoiler
    Show
    Defense roll using Athletics as normal
    (4d3-3)[4] (Superb Athletics)
    I liked that method. Will be using it aswell
    Biggest thanks to Dirtytabs for the Ponytar! He's so surturian and got thay ymeronian mane!

    HEXA!

  29. - Top - End - #119
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Frosty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

    Mr. Tattoo's defense vs Grim using Fists +3: (4d3-5)[4]

    After narrowly missing Mr. Pink Hair, the brute once again is attacked. Again this is just a glancing blow, with no serious injuries inflicted.

    (Starbin, if you wish to try to use your superior speed to give you some sort of advantage, you must spend your action to perform a Maneuver, fluffed appropriately and rolling Athletics. Then next turn you get a bonus (since you placed the aspect, you get to tag it for free once.)

    (Still waiting on Brando's next action. Mr. Tattoo missed Brando.)
    Last edited by Frosty; 2012-03-20 at 05:25 PM.
    NS2...it's time to evolve again.

  30. - Top - End - #120
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DukeGod's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

    Brando steps in, closer to the man. He looks at his chest and judges a bit of the distance.

    His next blow goes straight for the Solar plexus. It's quick, and he puts all his weight on it. If it hit, he shold manage to knock the wind out of the man. Than it was just a matter of applying enough strenght to the head and make his brain hit the skull, triggering a knock-out

    Spoiler
    Show
    Maneuver! I'm trying to give him the aspect of "Diaphragm Spasmed". He's getting the wind knocked out of him, in medic speak
    I think I should let Brando have some Karate training later. Then I can use a bit of what I myself know =D
    Maneuver, Fists (+2)
    (4d3-6)[1]
    Biggest thanks to Dirtytabs for the Ponytar! He's so surturian and got thay ymeronian mane!

    HEXA!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •