Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 150 of 1109

Thread: New Cannes (IC)

  1. - Top - End - #121
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Frosty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

    Mr. Tattoo's defense vs Brando's maneuver using Fists +3: (4d3-5)[3]
    NS2...it's time to evolve again.

  2. - Top - End - #122
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Frosty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

    The man manages to bat aside Brando's somewhat clumsy attempt at setting up a sucker punch to the gut. Twin peaks pleads with the brute. "Please stop! Don't you know what the word 'no' means?"

    The brute just pushes her out of the way, so apparently his vocabulary is limited. He attempts to bear down on Brando, using a few quick jabs to make Brando fall back, trying to corner Brando between himself and the pool table so that Brando would have less room to maneuver.

    Mr. Tattoo's maneuver to place Trapped between Mr. Rock and a hard place on Brando using Fists +3: (4d3-5)[3]
    NS2...it's time to evolve again.

  3. - Top - End - #123
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

    Grim backed off, swung around, and suddenly attacked the big man from the other side, trying to catch him in the kidneys. This time, however, he tapped into his heritage, using his feline speed to cross the distance and generate force. To the observer trying to watch the fight in the dark, it would be difficult to see, but Grim effectively sped from one side of the big man to the other, practically appearing next to the thug's exposed side.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Manuever: Superspeed Sucker Punch - Moving from one side to the other, letting momentum add to the force behind the punch. Permissible to use my original Manuever roll? If so, result was a +4.
    Last edited by Starbin; 2012-03-23 at 06:39 PM.
    Posting as normal - weekends are limited, weekdays are good!

    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  4. - Top - End - #124
    Troll in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

    As Amber is outside hexing cars she hears something and quickly rushes inside as what sounds like a fight. Seeing her friends having a hard time she quickly takes advantage of the fact that everyone is distracted to cast a spell.

    Drawing on her limited knowledge of Thaumaturgy she quickly conjures the outer shell of a shotgun. She knew her magic wasn't skilled enough to create a working shotgun, but all she needed was appearance.

    Pointing the shotgun at the man she yells out, "Alright punk, get your fat ass on the floor."

    Spoiler
    Show

    I would assume a non-working shotgun wouldn't break complexity of 4 (my lore) so I am able to make it without preparation.

    I'm shifting four shifts of power (+1 for my focus item) into the device to shape it and make it look as real as possible. Thus I suffer one mental consequence, but have a gun that looks pretty damn real (five shifts of power thus needing a +5 result to see that it is fake)

    Discipline for control: (4d6)[6][5][4][6](21) +6 (five discipline, +1 focus item)
    Total: 9
    Yep I control the spell with no backlash. I just went "Shotgun" and poof. A non-working but VERY real looking shotgun just appeared :P

    Would I need to use intimidate? I'd think pointing a shotgun at someone would be enough.
    Last edited by Major; 2012-03-23 at 07:32 PM.

  5. - Top - End - #125
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Frosty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

    (Umm...Thaumaturgy by definition takes a long time to do. You might be able to conjure up an illusion of a shotgun, but you'd likely need to use a Spirit Evocation. Can you try doing that instead?)

    (Starbin, yes you can use your original maneuver roll. This will be opposed bu the thug's Alertness. It makes sense as we test whether or not he's perceptive enough to react to your speed)

    Thug's defense vs Superspeed Sucker Punch using Alertness (+1): (4d2-7)[0]

    The thug does not appear to react quickly enough to your blinding speed!
    Last edited by Frosty; 2012-03-23 at 09:29 PM.
    NS2...it's time to evolve again.

  6. - Top - End - #126
    Troll in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

    Quote Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
    (Umm...Thaumaturgy by definition takes a long time to do. You might be able to conjure up an illusion of a shotgun, but you'd likely need to use a Spirit Evocation. Can you try doing that instead?)

    (Starbin, yes you can use your original maneuver roll. This will be opposed bu the thug's Alertness. It makes sense as we test whether or not he's perceptive enough to react to your speed)

    Thug's defense vs Superspeed Sucker Punch using Alertness (+1): (4d6)[1][3][2][6](12)

    The thug does not appear to react quickly enough to your blinding speed!
    Spoiler
    Show

    I'm not too good with the magic syste, so I could be wrong, but I thought it only takes a while to do if its super complex/large etc (IE: Bigger than your lore score).

    When the complexity deficit is met, you can
    move into actually casting the ritual. The
    casting process is identical to the process
    for evocation.
    Choose an amount of power
    to funnel into the spell and roll Discipline
    to control that energy, with any uncontrolled
    shifts potentially becoming backlash
    or fallout. Unlike evocation, so long as you
    continue to make your Discipline rolls, you
    can continue to funnel power into the spell
    in successive rounds of casting. When the
    power in the spell equals the complexity,
    you’ve successfully cast it.
    ^Its the preparation to reach the complexity that takes time. It's the reason I said that I create a shell of a shotgun as opposed to a working shotgun. To save time.

    However, I can make it a spirit evocation, but nothing changes except it'd have more power and control due to the fact that Spirit is my specialty) Assuming I can use the same roll the only difference between the summon a fake shotgun and the make an illusion would be...

    Do I need to reroll?

    Spirit Evocation
    Throwing in 6 shifts of power for an illusion that needs +6 to resist (+1 focus item, +1 refinement, 4 shifts of power)
    Discipline to control: (4d6)[1][3][2][6](12) +7 (5 discipline+1 control+1 focus item)
    Total: 6, I make it.
    Last edited by Major; 2012-03-24 at 12:15 AM.

  7. - Top - End - #127
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Frosty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

    (For something relatively small like a shotgun, I'll rule that you don't need to assign extra shifts to duration. It'll last for the scene, OR when Amber drops it. If Amber wants the illusion (which is purely visual and sound) to be complex enough to appear to react normally to environmen, then it would have a short duration and she'd need to pump extra shifts into duration like a normal evocation.)

    Thug's attempt to pierce the veil (overcome the block) automatically fails on first attempt because his Alertness is too low. If he spends more time to use Investigation, he might pierce the veil, but seeing a shotgun pointed at him his first action is to dive behind the pool table. The bartender ducks behind the bar, and tries to pull the telephone down with him from the bar counter. Well, technically Brando gets an action first.

    So, what do you all do when you see Amber wielding a frickin shotgun in public?
    NS2...it's time to evolve again.

  8. - Top - End - #128
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DukeGod's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

    The fight was going somewhat smoothly as far as Brando believed. He wasn't really hitting, or being hit...
    Okay, he expected a lot more bruises...
    Then Amber comes in with a shotgun. Not bothering to listen to whatever she was saying, he abandons the fight alltogether and dives to under a table, dropping it and using as a shield...

    Not bothering to actually get out from behind it, he talks back

    "The hell are you doing?"
    Biggest thanks to Dirtytabs for the Ponytar! He's so surturian and got thay ymeronian mane!

  9. - Top - End - #129
    Troll in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

    "What's it look like? Breaking up the fight!" She says rolling her eyes. "This works all the time in movies."

    While she keeps her eye out for the big man she calls out to the bartender, "I doubt that phone will work, but please put it down just in case. I'm helping out your patrons slash cows and I'd really prefer to not be punished for that."

  10. - Top - End - #130
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

    Grim saw Amber step into the bar carrying a shotgun. Where the frick did she hide that?!. With that thought he grinned at the imagery, then figured this must be one of her tricks. Warning the bartender about the phones not working added weight to that line of thought ... and might force some uncomfortable questions for the woman later.

    After taking it in for a moment, Grim shrugged the situation away ... it's not like he wasn't packing heat, too. Using her distraction, Grim sped over and kicked the big man right in the kidneys.

    Nobody said a bar fight was supposed to be fair ... especially not the guy with brass knuckles!

    Spoiler
    Show
    Tag my maneuver to attack the prone guy ... Fists +4, Manuever +2, (4d3-2)[7]
    Posting as normal - weekends are limited, weekdays are good!

    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  11. - Top - End - #131
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Frosty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

    Thug's defense vs Grim's kick using Fists (+3): (4d3-5)[0]
    With the thug being distrcated by the shotgun, he was in no condition to defend against the changeling's supersonic speed kick! Given the HUGE scream of agony coming from him, you'd estimate 4 to 5 bruised ribs. The thug appears to pass out.

    The barkeep can be heard saying, "Holy crap we're under attack! Some crazy bitch is here with a shotgun. Crap, is this phone even working?"
    Last edited by Frosty; 2012-03-28 at 12:13 PM.
    NS2...it's time to evolve again.

  12. - Top - End - #132
    Troll in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

    Amber watches Grim take the distracted thug down and rolls her eyes at the bartender. "Relax dude, it's a bluff." She says moving the illusion toward her knee to make it look like it snapped. "It's a fake piece of crap I used to protect myself. Geez...I come to help your patrons and you want to flip out." She says throwing the 'fake shotgun' out the door she was still beside and letting the illusion disappear once it was out of sight.

  13. - Top - End - #133
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

    Glancing down, Grim made sure the man was still breathing - he didn't need murder charges for his over-exuberance. Reaching down, he slipped the knuckles off the man's hand and into his pockets before he sauntered over to Ms Funbags.

    "You okay? Sorry about that, but he was being a ****.". Grim casually leaned against the pool table, arms crossed as he looked around. He kept his eyes open, concerned that either the big man had friends, or the girl would go all 'battered girlfriend' on him.
    Posting as normal - weekends are limited, weekdays are good!

    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  14. - Top - End - #134
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DukeGod's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

    Brando comes out from behind the table, he approaches the barkeep

    "Calm down!"

    Giving the man some seconds to breath, he continues

    "Now, I hate to cut this short, but let's go back to business. Grim, get here, you're the one who knows most of this thing! back to the barkeep "You never got me that scotch"
    Biggest thanks to Dirtytabs for the Ponytar! He's so surturian and got thay ymeronian mane!

  15. - Top - End - #135
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Frosty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

    The barkeep makes that scotch and slides it over to Brando. Wiping his forehead with a cloth, he says, "You all are crazy. I can't believe you did that. Thank god no cops were around. But...thanks for putting Buzz in his place. He's been causing a bit of trouble lately."

    Grim saunters over to miss funbags, and finds her on all fours beneath a pool table. the way her large udders are presented in this position in no way dissaudes Amber from calling hew a cow or similar bovine monikers. She breaths quickly, obviously nervous. "Oh good, it's over? Thank god! Yeah, thanks for the assist. He's not known for his manners or his comprehension of the word 'no' to be honest."

    it appears she is a bit more amenable to talking now.
    NS2...it's time to evolve again.

  16. - Top - End - #136
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

    Glancing over at Brando, Grim raises an eyebrow for a moment before dismissing the lycanthrope's comments. He waited for the woman to stand, not offering to help as he continued to put out the 'it's cool' vibe.

    "So I guess it's not a first for this guy? Hmph ... can't stand a guy who's not talented enough to get it on his own."

    Thinking for a moment, he glanced back down at the big guy. "So how come he's still coming around? Doesn't this place have any muscle?"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Uh, not sure what Brando is talking about ... he and Caleb were the one's who talked to Doreen, so Grim's got nothing. As a matter-of-fact, Caleb originally had the picture, so not sure how that got retconned, but I assumed Brando ended up with the photograph.

    Good luck!
    Posting as normal - weekends are limited, weekdays are good!

    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  17. - Top - End - #137
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DukeGod's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

    Spoiler
    Show
    He means you're the one who dealt with the underground the most XD


    "...fine then. Since I wanna ruin his day I'll cut straight to the matter. We want information. Have you heard anything about the cases of disappearance lately?"
    Biggest thanks to Dirtytabs for the Ponytar! He's so surturian and got thay ymeronian mane!

  18. - Top - End - #138
    Troll in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

    Amber leans against the door entrance watching, both as a way to listen in and just a test to see if they'd try and demand she leave again.

  19. - Top - End - #139
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Frosty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

    No one demands that Amber leave. In fact, the bartender offers everyone a few free rounds on the house! "Considering your...contribution to the safety of this establishment, you can stay as long as you like today, with free drinks."

    Ms. Twin Peaks finally gets up shakily and says, "W, well...I don't umm...really read the newspapers much..." She thinks for a few seconds, as if trying to recall something, giving you all a chance to make remarks should you choose. "...but I know that whatever group is doing this is making the regular...criminals aghast at the rate of kidnapping and efficiency. So like, is there a specific kidnapping you're asking about?"
    NS2...it's time to evolve again.

  20. - Top - End - #140
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DukeGod's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

    "It's in our interest to help them all but..."

    Trying to find the best way to put this, Brando thinks a bit

    "...we are as a matter of fact asking about a specific one. A little girl. 10 years old"
    Biggest thanks to Dirtytabs for the Ponytar! He's so surturian and got thay ymeronian mane!

  21. - Top - End - #141
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

    Grim listened while Brando took the lead and both the bartender and the woman answered. He made his way over to his drink, sitting where he could keep an eye on the door and the big man on the floor.

    Spoiler
    Show
    I got a little confused cuz I thought Grim was talking to the woman (starting with 'idle banter' then moving up to real questions) and Brando was talking to the bartender (who jumped straight to the key questions). As such, Grim will move to the background and let B take the spotlight
    Posting as normal - weekends are limited, weekdays are good!

    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  22. - Top - End - #142
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Frosty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

    (Please make sure you are specific as to whom your character is talking to. Will help reduce confusion )

    Ms Twin Peaks says, "Can you be a bit more specific? Granted we dont get a lotta kids in here but do you got somethin to jog my memories?"
    Last edited by Frosty; 2012-04-05 at 02:30 AM.
    NS2...it's time to evolve again.

  23. - Top - End - #143
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DukeGod's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

    "Sorry. I got a picture of her. She's about this tall and was last seen on Main Street"

    Brando picks it and shows it and raises his hand to a certain point

    (Can we assume he asked about height to Doreen?)
    Last edited by DukeGod; 2012-04-05 at 09:48 PM.
    Biggest thanks to Dirtytabs for the Ponytar! He's so surturian and got thay ymeronian mane!

  24. - Top - End - #144
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Frosty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

    The woman looks at the picture. "Hmm...I think I saw her a few days ago. Came in here thinking she saw her friend or somethin. Then this man..." Ms. Twin Peaks gets this far-away look in her eyes. "...this dreamy, hunk of a man talked to her for a little bit, and soon after she followed him out."
    NS2...it's time to evolve again.

  25. - Top - End - #145
    Troll in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

    Amber frowns, "Wait...she was in HERE?"

  26. - Top - End - #146
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DukeGod's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

    Brando's eyes narrow. He was aware of what exactly those words could mean.

    "Describe the man. Did he have silver-ish eyes?"
    Biggest thanks to Dirtytabs for the Ponytar! He's so surturian and got thay ymeronian mane!

  27. - Top - End - #147
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Frosty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

    Ms. Twin Peak's nipples are obviously hardening from the memory. "Hmm...I think so, yeah. Why?"
    NS2...it's time to evolve again.

  28. - Top - End - #148
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    DukeGod's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

    Brando sighs. And then picks up his cell phone

    "I'm gonna hate this conversation"

    After thinking a bit remembering the number, he dials it, calling Aria's phone
    Biggest thanks to Dirtytabs for the Ponytar! He's so surturian and got thay ymeronian mane!

  29. - Top - End - #149
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

    Grim glanced at the woman's glass cutters, then looked knowingly at Amber. They both knew what kind of man could evoke such a response in a female ... hell, in a male for that matter. Leaning over to the bartender, he nodded back to the topless woman. "So the guy she's talking about ... you get his type in here often?"
    Posting as normal - weekends are limited, weekdays are good!

    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."


    Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!

  30. - Top - End - #150
    Titan in the Playground
     
    Frosty's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2006

    Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

    The bartender says, "Well, from time to time, yeah, although they don't usually talk to kids. They tend to talk to the curvier women."

    Brando's girlfriend does not answer. The phone goes to voice mail.
    NS2...it's time to evolve again.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •