New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast

Thread: New Cannes (IC)

1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: New Cannes (IC)

Holding a curse, Brando thinks as he hears the voice mail message...

"Aria, call me, it's important. Remember those disappearaces? I believe one of the Raith is involved in at least one of them"

Putting his phone back into a pocket, he goes back to talking to the bartender

"Did this man came here these days besides that one tine? Who did he talk to? Can I get an accurate description?"

2. - Top - End - #152
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Grim walked over to Amber, nodding towards the bartender and woman. "Sounds like trafficking by your friendly neighborhood sex vamps. Good thing you blew a fuse or two, cuz I'm guessing this is a favorite spot. Probably why the dress code is the way it is."

Leaning against the door, he looks around the bar, eyeing the remaining patrons carefully. "After Brando's done playing 20 questions, how do you want to play this?"
    Life is ... life. As always bot/cut as necessary.
    DM: "Why do you have so many characters?"
    Me: "Because I never embraced the strategic value of running away."

Fare thee well, N_R ... you will missed!y

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"I figured based on the establishment. It's why the cameras were my first target rather than the cash registers or the lights." Amber says with a nod.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Titan in the Playground

Ms. Dreamy-Eyes takes a minute as she thinks (no doubt a slow process for her). Frowning, she replies, "Well, he didn't come in here a lot, unfortunately, and even when he did, he wasn't exactly paying attention to me. When I tried to have a drink with him, he said something about having enough of ones like me already..."

Sighing, she sits back on a stool. "It's his loss. I mean, he didn't seem like the type to go after 10-year olds. I think I saw them walking in that direction after they left." She points at a direction. That direction leads to a warehouse district of some sort.

The description the barkeep gives you seems to paint a Raith-type, but is probably too vague to identify a specific vampire.
    Last edited by Frosty; 2012-04-10 at 12:10 PM.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

Brando almost considers furiously going in the direction pointed...but he forces himself to think a bit more. They still didn't really know where they went. So, looking at both the woman and the bartender, he asks both

"Okay...did they leave anything behind? Clothes, a notebook, anything that can help us find them?"

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Amber chuckles softly at Bando's comment as if thinking of something that amused her. However, she doesn't comment yet. Her job was to help with magic things and track if they got the chance, for now it was merely a matter of waiting for Bando to do his negotiations.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Grim thought for a moment, then looked at the cameras. Leaning over to Amber, he whispered, "Hey, shouldn't the guy be on tape? And maybe the girl, too?"
    Last edited by Starbin; 2012-04-11 at 03:41 PM.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Titan in the Playground

The barkeep frowns and says, "I don't think they left anything behind, but if you want a better description, lemme see if our CCTV caught anything. Please wait a moment."

He walks into a backroom, and re-emerges a few minutes later. "Sorry, whatever electrical fuse mishap fried the lights also fried all of the CCTVs."

oops.

At this point, Brando's phone rings. Assuming Brando answers, the person on the phone says, "Aria. Talk to me."

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Possibly...Though getting a hold of those cameras will be tricky unless you got something planned. She whispers back.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Catching the bartender's words, he cleared his throat and walked over. "Um, don't you have tapes? Maybe we could borrow the tapes from that day. I'm sure we could make it worth your while ..."

Grim glanced meaningfully at Brando, the affluent doctor.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Titan in the Playground

"Well that's the thing, we hadn't performed a data dumb into tape backups for at least 4 days, ever since we started using those new-fangled storage boxes that can hold terabytes or somthing ridiculous like that. I don't think we have what you're looking for."

Aria is waiting for Brando to talk to her on the phone.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

Brando waits a bit, making sure it's really Aria's voice. Then he smirks. It was always good to hear that

But business is business and there's a child in risk here. No time for pleasantry

He starts with the vague description the bartender gave him. Than the effect he caused on a lot of people there, including how he just walked the girl away after some time talking...
    "and she's no teenage girl or woman. This is a ten-year old girl Aria..."

He obviously whispers more than says anything out loud

13. - Top - End - #163
    Titan in the Playground

On the phone call: "Brando, love, are you SURE? We really don't have much use for...children...at least not like that. I'm kinda busy at the shoot right now, but if you want, I can email you a list of the properties we own in that warehouse district. Maybe it'll help you in your search..."

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ogre in the Playground

He thinks for a second. Could there be hidden meanings in that? The White Court was pretty confusing. Or maybe he was just overthinking. Best to go ahead and cross those bridges as he came to them

"...sure enough to ask you that honey. I'll let you know once it's over, if he's still alive. Maybe you can do some good out of it"

15. - Top - End - #165
    Titan in the Playground

"Alright, give me a moment." says Aria. Brando can hear the clicking of high heels and then the muffled sound of someone else speaking to her. "No director, I am not 'goofing off because I feel like it.' I'll be back 2 minutes look I'm not even putting my clothes back on!"

A few minutes later, a new email is waiting in Brando's inbox. It is a map with a few buildings marked at belonging to house Raith in the warehouse district nearby.
    Last edited by Frosty; 2012-04-16 at 01:27 AM.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ogre in the Playground

Blocking away the toughts of his girlfriend not really wearing clothes, as to not give more problems to the current mission focusing on her lovely body, Brando awaits.

Looking at the map, he grins and gives his two friends a go

"I got their locations. Let's go?

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"Lead the way..." Amber says turning and stepping out the door and waiting for him.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Grim raised a hand for Brando to wait while he drained his drink. Glancing over at the bartender, he nodded towards the door. "Know anything about the warehouse district we should know before visiting?"

Once the man was finished, he follwed the others outside, ready to proceed.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Titan in the Playground

The barkeep shrugs. "It's got less traffic than other parts of town I suppose. I don't go there much."

Once you all start get outside, Brando's phone rings yet again. The caller ID shows that it's Doreen.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

Doesn't bother stopping to answer and keeps leading the group while talking on the phone

"Mrs. Doreen?""

21. - Top - End - #171
    Titan in the Playground

Over the phone: "Hi Dr. Fiammavolpe, I know it hasn't been all that terribly long yet, but I just wanted to check in and see where things are at. any leads so far? Any scrap of good news is important to me..." Her voice sounds determined with a hint of pleading. It's hard being a mother.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

Brando keeps walking but slows his pace a bit as he recalls the way they should take while talking

"We are actually following a lead right now. It'd be best if you didn't get your hopes up but it is possible everything will be settled before the night is over"

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"You going to tell her she went off with a pedophile vampire?" Amber ask amused.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ogre in the Playground

Covering the speaker so he can talk freely while still hearing whatever Doreen says

"Hell no. Nor that the kid might be...changed."

25. - Top - End - #175
    Titan in the Playground

"Hopes up or not, I've got nothing more imporant than getting my little girl back. Tell me where you are and I'll meet up with you. I *will* be there when we get my little girl back." She sounds hopeful and thankful and worried and determined, a mixture thereof.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ogre in the Playground

Silencing Amber, he returns his attention to Doreen.

Speaking in a firm, somewhat harsh voice, he tries to get the woman to back down from her idea

"I don't think so. There maybe a fight and then your presence may do more harm than good. And this lead might not take us straight to her. It'd be best if you waited in your house. We will get the girl, if she is in any medical need I'll take care of it and we will bring her to you then."

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"Plus if she saw us blow up everything with magic, superhuman strength, and divine power she might get confused..." Amber comments softly, settling for amusing herself by making comments only the group could hear.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Titan in the Playground

"Please...I'm begging you. Let a mother be a part of her daughter's rescue. A bear takes care of her cub." You can understand her persistence, but your concerns about her possibly seeing things vamp out of fireballs exploding from staves are also valid. If you still tell her no, she hangs up and you are free to continue.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Grim shook his head. "I've heard of persistent, but that was a little ridiculous ... and interesting timing. Keep your head on a swivel ... none of us have any love lost with the nymphos, and this could be payback. Maybe we should have done a background check on the mom ..."

Grim is starting to question the legitimacy of this whole operation. What better way to lure a Warden in than tales of a lost girl in White Court territory? Could be a play by the WC ... or something from the Reds to stir the pot up between the Council and the Court.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground

"No. If a bear protects his cub, a wolf only leads a pack of others whom he knows very well"

Once she hangs up he goes back to guiding them through the map

"I can't believe I just called myself a wolf. Ligers are feline for crying out loud"

He thinks a bit at Grim's question. He had a point. But then again

"We can know to some extent that at the very least he took a child away. Still a good enough reason to pay a visit"