New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 50 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Default Re: MS Paint Adventures V: THIS IS STUPID

Time is super weird in Homestuck, so don't pay attention to the Earth's timeline. What matters is the incipisphere timeline.

Pesterchum/Trollian/etc. works through it, which is why the B2 kids were synched up despite the Prospit dreamers being from an older time than the Dersite dreamers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

2. - Top - End - #422
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by maximus25 View Post
    If Dirk and Roxy are in the future, what about the assassination attempts? They all seem to happen at the same time, so is it shown from the future? Spades talks to Diamonds Droog after the [S] Prince: Rise Up flash, so they are in the same time line.
    They all happened in the B2 Incipisphere. Each Incipisphere and each universe has its own separate timeline, and the time in one is independent of the time in any other--look at the A2 trolls, who interacted with the kids just fine despite creating their universe literally hours earlier.
    Diamond Mind avatar provided by Abardam.

3. - Top - End - #423
    Troll in the Playground

So, I said this when the fenestrated panel got teleported too, but

god dammit, another compromised first guardian?
    Last edited by Guancyto; 2012-03-08 at 05:09 PM.
    Rider avatar by Elder Tsofu

4. - Top - End - #424
    Troll in the Playground

(Well I think by definition they are all compromised since they are created to do the biding of L.E (or at least it sees that way)
    Becquerel was just a bit different since being a dog he was also fiercly loyal to jade so he tried to compromise as best as he could between his two imperative. godcat probably doesnt have such qualms.)

So, if I understand well, the condece used her domination of the alpha session to recreate her army of drones (likely using the ectobiologyl labs from the meteors), then used her battleship as the meteor that was supposed to hit Jane's house and exiled herself with her army to take over earth ?
    I guess getting a new planet would be the reward for her services, still doesn't explain what her 'boss' gain from all this, tough.

What I wonder, was what were that weird code thing that appeared near Jane's spite before she entered. A cheatcode to allow her to enter the medium without a prototype ? (I mean she does enter, you can see the blue glow and her house diseapear before the B.C appears)
    Last edited by smuchmuch; 2012-03-08 at 06:41 PM.
    I'm sig'ing in the rain, just sig'ing in the rain....

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

5. - Top - End - #425
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by smuchmuch View Post
    What I wonder, was what were that weird code thing that appeared near Jane's spite before she entered. A cheatcode to allow her to enter the medium without a prototype ? (I mean she does enter, you can see the blue glow and her house diseapear before the B.C appears)
    If I remember right from waaaay back when, that's just the sprite trying to communicate- they can't actually speak intelligibly until after they've been prototyped.

6. - Top - End - #426

Ooh, a shadock!

Kernelsprites can't talk until they've been doubly-prototyped.

Rose's sprite was silent until Jasperized (and even then, it took a while for him to become talkative), Dave's sprite was also silent until it became Davesprite (or Calsprite, hoo hoo hee hee haa haa), and Jade's sprite was equally incapable of speech until it fused with Dead Dream Jade.

7. - Top - End - #427
    Orc in the Playground

then used her battleship as the meteor that was supposed to hit Jane's house and exiled herself with her army to take over earth?
    This is brilliant and the first answer I've found to a question that didn't come up in the video at all, so we probably should be asking it:

Why did Betty Crocker let Sburb alpha get leaked?
    Last edited by Kizor; 2012-03-08 at 06:57 PM.

8. - Top - End - #428
    Ogre in the Playground

So so you think that Jane is in the session? Or did she not make it in? I couuld see it be either way.
    DEGENERATION 86: Copy this into your sig and subtract 1 from the degeneration when you first see it. This is an antisocial experiment.

9. - Top - End - #429

The flash is called Jade: Enter, so I think that she did Enter.

Of course her situation looks irregular, as she appears to be floating in space instead of in being in her house transported somewhere else. But that might be GCAT's dealing again. He did prevent prototyping the kernelsprite (since there were no prototyping towers, it wouldn't have worked anyway), so he is busy making sure things happen as they should even if it requires weirdness.

The house has been transported somewhere, that much is certain.

10. - Top - End - #430
    Troll in the Playground

I think its more that Gcat was always going to have stopped the prototyping so there were never any towers.
    Thanks to Linklele for my new avatar!
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

11. - Top - End - #431
    Titan in the Playground

(Well I think by definition they are all compromised since they are created to do the biding of L.E (or at least it sees that way)
    Becquerel was just a bit different since being a dog he was also fiercly loyal to jade so he tried to compromise as best as he could between his two imperative. godcat probably doesnt have such qualms.)
    Only Doc Scratch is loyal to L.E. Normal first guardians are made simply to protect the planet they exist on soas to prevent premature destruction.

Quote Originally Posted by Gez View Post
    Ooh, a shadock!

Kernelsprites can't talk until they've been doubly-prototyped.

Rose's sprite was silent until Jasperized (and even then, it took a while for him to become talkative), Dave's sprite was also silent until it became Davesprite (or Calsprite, hoo hoo hee hee haa haa), and Jade's sprite was equally incapable of speech until it fused with Dead Dream Jade.
    It needs to be prototyped with something that can understand languige, the trolls were able to communicate with their sprites and they were only prototyped once.

Bec just had super god powers so his voice was messed up beyond reccognition.
    Last edited by Draconi Redfir; 2012-03-09 at 02:17 AM.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #432
    Troll in the Playground

oh, okay thanks, forgot about the sprite talk.

Ooh, a shadock!
    (eh, can you think of anything more apropriate to appreciate a webcomic where straight lines do ten to be the longest path between two points ansd the shortest so often involves so many twist and turns ?)

Only Doc Scratch is loyal to L.E. Normal first guardians are made simply to protect the planet they exist on soas to prevent premature destruction.
    I'm not so sure about that. They do share the same source of power as he does and I wouldn't be surprised if he holded possibly some mesure of control (even if quite possibly indirect and possibly subtler for some )
    This is mostly speculation on my part, but I don't remember anything contradicting it.. (And that would put Jade accessing Bec power with her god tiering in a very different light wouldn't it ?)

Bec just had super god powers so his voice was messed up beyond reccognition.
    (Yeah but so would bec Noir, BecJadesprite or current godtier BecJade, so how come they can talk ? Possibly they have more 'control' over their voices or does green sun power get diluted in successive prototyping and god tiering ?)
    I'm sig'ing in the rain, just sig'ing in the rain....

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

13. - Top - End - #433
    Titan in the Playground

I'm not so sure about that. They do share the same source of power as he does and I wouldn't be surprised if he holded possibly some mesure of control (even if quite possibly indirect and possibly subtler for some )
    unlikely, we've seen that only Doc scratch is neccicary for his summoning, and there is a first guardian for every planet that holds sentiant life in the universe. The presince of the Troll's multi-planet empire shows that there is much more then one sentient species per universe as well. even if (an unlikely if IMO) every first guardian worked for LE, they wouldn't really be doing anything that involves him, as only Doc scratch does it, and there is only one Doc scratch per universe.

As for the green sun powers, you and i both gather our energy from food and water right? that doesn't mean we are working with one annother does it? It's perfectly reasionable to assume the first guardians (minus Doc) and LE have no relaition asside from a common power sorce. Just as my raidio has nothing to do with my computer, despite the fact that the two are plugged into the same outlet.

This is mostly speculation on my part, but I don't remember anything contradicting it.. (And that would put Jade accessing Bec power with her god tiering in a very different light wouldn't it ?)
    How so?

(Yeah but so would bec Noir, BecJadesprite or current godtier BecJade, so how come they can talk ? Possibly they have more 'control' over their voices or does green sun power get diluted in successive prototyping and god tiering ?)
    Most likely because they are sentiant to begin with, mentality-wise Bec was not much more then a god-powered bag of pure instinct.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #434
    Banned

I just realized that Dirk and Roxy live in Jane and Jake's future, just like pre-scratch. FG powers should not interfere with ability to speak in any way, First Tier prototyping's don't really change much in a Sprite's weird way of talking.

15. - Top - End - #435
    Ettin in the Playground

Does anyone remember where the whole "troll empire conquering their enemies" part was discussed? I'd like to look it over again.

I have a sneaking suspicion that the trolls really were the only species in their universe, and when they were talking about conquering other planets, they were really talking about conquering other planets in other universes, such as has happened here.

Another possibility is that the trolls occupied many worlds as a race, but weren't all completely united, and the trollian empire was attacking and taking control of planets from other troll empires. That seems like the reasonable answer, though, so it's almost certainly not true.
    Excellent avatar by Elder Tsofu.

16. - Top - End - #436
    Banned

I'm blindly posting this link and this link, as I can't look at it ATM. Let me know if it's anywhere around when he starts explaining to Arasia Ancestor.

What the Troll Empire does is the Condesce greets a new planet, feigning friendship before her fleet comes and rips it to shreds. She's like a harbinger of destruction like that.

If what you are saying is correct then it is especially terrible what the game does, as it makes an entire universe populated only by a single species simply to wipe it out and start over.
    Last edited by irenicObserver; 2012-03-09 at 04:57 PM.

17. - Top - End - #437
    Titan in the Playground

it was mentioned early into hivebent i believe probably around Karkat's introduction.

Quote Originally Posted by irenicObserver View Post
    First Tier prototyping's don't really change much in a Sprite's weird way of talking.
    Momsprite and Dragonsprite anybody? They spoke perfectly and were only prototyped once.

I believe Kernalsprites are innately silent before they enter the game, but once they enter the game and split into two kernels and a sprite, then the sprite proper can speak fine no matter what prototyping they are in.
    Last edited by Draconi Redfir; 2012-03-09 at 08:05 PM.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #438
    Titan in the Playground

Oookay, this Intermission is shaping up to be the weirdest one yet.
    Lead Designer for Oracle Hunter Games
    Today a Blog, Tomorrow a Business!

~ Awesome Avatar by the phantastic Phase ~
    Spoiler
    Show

Elflad

19. - Top - End - #439
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Draconi Redfir View Post
    I believe Kernelsprites are incomprehensible before they enter the game, but once they enter the game and split into two kernels and a sprite, then the sprite proper can speak fine no matter what prototyping they are in.
    Fixed that for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oracle_Hunter View Post
    Oookay, this Intermission is shaping up to be the bestest one yet.
    That one too.
    Last edited by irenicObserver; 2012-03-10 at 02:33 AM.

20. - Top - End - #440
    Dwarf in the Playground

Awesome. The intermission is a shout-out to this fanart.

21. - Top - End - #441
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRangerGuy

22. - Top - End - #442
    Troll in the Playground

He's already here!

It's not like that's a thing that ever stopped being true.

23. - Top - End - #443
    Ogre in the Playground

Yes Yes Yes Lord English Is Finally doing Things Hooray Oh My Gosh Look At That Staff Spazzing Out I'm Totally Not Obsessed

24. - Top - End - #444
    Titan in the Playground

to be fair it IS in a hussie self-insert moment, so i'm a little suspicious as to how much of an impact it would ACTUALLY have.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #445
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

to be fair it IS in a hussie self-insert moment, so i'm a little suspicious as to how much of an impact it would ACTUALLY have.
    Lord English will kill Hussie and the story will end due to lack of narrator
    "Three blokes walk into a pub. One of them is a little bit stupid, and the whole scene unfolds with a tedious inevitability." - Bill Bailey
    Androgeus' 3 step guide to Doctor Who speculation:
    Spoiler
    Show
    1. Pick a random character
    2. State that person is The Rani
    3. goto 1

26. - Top - End - #446
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Androgeus View Post
    Lord English will kill Hussie and the story will end due to lack of narrator
    pfff puh-leaze, hussie is the author, he can give himself ten times the power of english if he wanted to.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #447
    Titan in the Playground

pfff puh-leaze, hussie is the author, he can give himself ten times the power of english if he wanted to.
    Oddly enough, this very situation has already been addressed
    Lead Designer for Oracle Hunter Games
    Today a Blog, Tomorrow a Business!

~ Awesome Avatar by the phantastic Phase ~
    Spoiler
    Show

Elflad

28. - Top - End - #448
    Troll in the Playground

@ Update: It should be illegal for karkats to be that funny. This is probably the hardest I've laughed since halfway through Act 5 Act 1.
    Behold! My tiny deviantart gallery!
    Comment, browse the itty-bitty collection, etc.
    Morning Star

29. - Top - End - #449
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

I think this is my reaction to the latest update, hehehe.
    Last edited by Tectonic Robot; 2012-03-12 at 06:54 AM.

30. - Top - End - #450
    Troll in the Playground

OH KARKAT, YOU ARE SUCH A FUNNY GUY. I HAVE MISSED YOUR CONVERSATIONS WITH YOURSELF. why does this forum automatically down-size allcaps, anyway?
    Last edited by SlyGuyMcFly; 2012-03-12 at 06:55 AM.
    Truth resists simplicity.