New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 43 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] The Black Dragon's Den IX

Quote Originally Posted by Hipho View Post
    Flarg scratches his chin Why don't we all play a non-competitive encore together? he strums his guitar a bit and looks at Phitty Instruments and singing only please he turns back to Lel You start I'll follow.

"Sure. Illusions alright to accompany that? And do you have any of the instruments needed to play part of this?"
    , she asks, using an illusion to play a small bit of this song, though only the music for it.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Troll in the Playground

[Outside the BDD]

Quote Originally Posted by LadyOfWar View Post
    The black figure does not reappear from behind the cooling unit atop the adjacent warehouse. It stays well hidden. Whatever or whoever it was has no intentions of coming back into view, so the next move is Rhyan’s.
    Which means Rhyan casts a Levitate spell upon herself.
    And levitates her way up to the warehouse roof!

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Bob View Post
    [...]
    They'll get a few minutes, before he gets bored and tosses some water at their heads, from nearby glasses.
    The blarg blinks awake, trying to work out where exactly she's wound up. Seeing that she's still in the bar, she calms down a little... but still needs to determine how exactly she wound up in a seat.

"What's going onses? Which one is best-knocker?"

4. - Top - End - #154
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

[Outside the BDD]

She will find a boring roof, with large tan-painted steel housings for climate control units at intervals along its length. By the rusted look of them, and the peeling paint that was visible on the walls when she was at street level, this place has not been used in a while.

If she continues toward the unit that the winged figure ducked behind….. she will find a winged figure bent down near an access panel on one of the units. He has it propped open and is looking inside.

[Inside the BDD]

“My friend asks an interesting question.” She points out to Sevet. By ‘my friend’ she clearly means Mayhala. “Additionally, I can give you several reasons to betray your boss, one of which I think you’ll actually consider. You said you could accept a better offer. I may be prepared to give you one.”
    Expect my character 'Wanderer' to simply vanish. Please always err on the side of continuing without me. My schedule makes my posting patchy at times and I don't want to hold up other folks' fun.

Former alias: wingrae, Wooly Winged Wonder

I'm officially back! Whee! I should be able to post regularly for a few months :-)

5. - Top - End - #155
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Junior splutters when the water hits him, bolting upright in his seat and looking around accusingly. Not that it does him any good, since the semi-dried blood has effectively glued the napkins to his forehead, blinding him for the moment and making him look ridiculous.

"Oy! Whossat!?"
    Oh good, they're both awake.
    Although one of them cleverly looks like an idiot, but hey, these things happen with drunken head-bashing contests.

Del doesn't really look amused, plopping his arm onto the table and resting his cheek in his hand.
    "Do I want to know what you two were doing?"
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

6. - Top - End - #156
    Barbarian in the Playground

Junior delicately peels the napkin stack off his forehead, glowering at Del all the while and daring him to laugh.

"If yeh must know, me'n tha lass was havin' an ead-knockin' competition. Ah'm not altogether sure who won it, if'n we both passed out." Well, it certainly seems like they both passed out. Junior can't remember anything past the second knock, but if Grotte is here and likewise covered in water then that's what he assume happened.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

7. - Top - End - #157

"Gasp!" Sevet says, and yes he does actually says the word gasp, "Mind control? Naughty, naughty." He wags his finger at Mayhala. As her eyes appear to eat the light around them, the screech of his chair backing up can be heard as he distances himself, but he doesn't seem to acknowledge that. "Assuming she's Siri, no I don't have anything against her. I'm working for him because, well, he asked me to work for him. I sorta need a boss, if that makes sense."

"I'm listening," is all he really has to say to Winguardia. His voice sounds genuinely interested, though

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

Thenadier leaves.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Bugbear in the Playground

Alysha tilts her head a little. Why do you need a boss?

Oh, hey...she's paying attention. Good for her!

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

"This one thinks it mustwas a good knocking, Grotte can't remember it." the blarg girl says, still reeling a bit as she wipes the water off of her face.

"But it doesn't know what two same-knockers do, and too dizzy to go again."

11. - Top - End - #161
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Del fails to laugh.
    Must be the faintly sour mood his head is leaving him in.

Though he does quirk an eyebrow.
    "What possessed you to have a headbutting competition?"
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

12. - Top - End - #162

"We were deciden who would pay fer the drinks tonight, very important y'unnerstand?" Well, that and the small matter of being their servant for a day, but the drinks were more important.

Junior turns to Grotte, equally unsure of how to proceed.

"Howabout we jes drink then? Mebbe some other time we can have another go, an see who's head's thicker then?"
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ogre in the Playground

[Outside the BDD]

She will find a boring roof, with large tan-painted steel housings for climate control units at intervals along its length. By the rusted look of them, and the peeling paint that was visible on the walls when she was at street level, this place has not been used in a while.

If she continues toward the unit that the winged figure ducked behind….. she will find a winged figure bent down near an access panel on one of the units. He has it propped open and is looking inside.

[Inside the BDD]

“My friend asks an interesting question.” She points out to Sevet. By ‘my friend’ she clearly means Mayhala. “Additionally, I can give you several reasons to betray your boss, one of which I think you’ll actually consider. You said you could accept a better offer. I may be prepared to give you one.”
    Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    "Gasp!" Sevet says, and yes he does actually says the word gasp, "Mind control? Naughty, naughty." He wags his finger at Mayhala. As her eyes appear to eat the light around them, the screech of his chair backing up can be heard as he distances himself, but he doesn't seem to acknowledge that. "Assuming she's Siri, no I don't have anything against her. I'm working for him because, well, he asked me to work for him. I sorta need a boss, if that makes sense."

"I'm listening," is all he really has to say to Winguardia. His voice sounds genuinely interested, though
    Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post

Mayhala smiles, looking mildly amused at Sevet's reaction, and a bit pleased with herself. After all, she must be doing something right if she's freaking out the talking skeleton.

"Not mind control, exactly... If you want, I can tell you the details sometime,"
    she says, settling back in her chair, and waiting for Winguardia to proceed with whatever she's proposing to the undead.

14. - Top - End - #164

Michicora will give Andy a small nod before turning her attention to Phity.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Phity turns his back to Flarg, ignoring the more than heavy insults before he takes off his hat. He puts the banjo in it, revealing it to be a magic pouch, and puts it back on. "I'll learn it myself. Ready to get out of here?" He asks Michicora.
    "I thought you never ask." She states before turning her back on the competition as well to leave the tavern with Phity.

15. - Top - End - #165

GnomeWizardGuy

Flarg's response to the elf is for his guitar to change into a violin and bow appears in his other hand. He tests it out a bit, breaking through some of the cobwebs in his head and then he starts the song. It seems that he has picked up how to play quite a few instruments well in his extensive travels.
    Last edited by The Bandicoot; 2012-01-28 at 03:34 PM.
    Spoiler: Those That Came Before
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

16. - Top - End - #166
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

"I think you'll find my offer appealing for four reasons." She leans her elbows on the table and gestures slightly with her hands as she speaks to him.

"First, you can keep the kitten and as many more as you'd like to collect. I would never force you to give your pet away to further my own ends.

Second, there will be a small sum of cash in it for you. Not enough to get rich on, but enough to keep yourself in matchbooks... or even larger burning things if you wish.

Third, you might gain a friend, if not much of a boss.

Fourth, and most importantly, unlike your current boss, I would NOT use you to help me dismember someone and leave them to slowly die just so I could collect a bounty on their wings." Pity he doesn't have a face. She'd be able to tell a lot about this fellow if she could read his non-verbal response to that. "I'm guessing your current boss didn't mention that was part of your current job description, did he?"
    Expect my character 'Wanderer' to simply vanish. Please always err on the side of continuing without me. My schedule makes my posting patchy at times and I don't want to hold up other folks' fun.

I'm officially back! Whee! I should be able to post regularly for a few months :-)

17. - Top - End - #167
    Troll in the Playground

[Outside the BDD]

Rhyan does indeed find him...and attempts to cast a Hold Person spell upon him
    before he notices her presence sneaking up behind the winged figure!

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

18. - Top - End - #168

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post

"I just sorta... do. Like, I can't function if I'm not working for someone." He doesn't really understand it, but his mind was literally created by his first master to be subservient, though not necessarily loyal.

"Not a bad offer," he says to Wingaurdia. "And no, he didn't mention that little caveat, but hey, I've worked for people who've wanted to take over the world. It isn't surprising that I've been picked up by someone who does something nasty. How gruesome that sounds is a bit new though..." There's just a bit of weariness, almost annoyance, in his voice. Seems he's tired of working for the bad guy, but he's given up trying to fight it. "He did mention you were a criminal, though. I thought he was some sort of detective. I suppose the question 'do you deserve it' would come next, but like I said, I've probably worked for worse." He pulls the out match from his socket. "If a warm place to stay is in that offer somewhere," which is the only real want or need besides a boss, "just tell me what you want to be called."

My Characters

19. - Top - End - #169
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

[Just outside the BDD]

For anyone capable of seeing magic the spell will roll over the figure like a wave, and shed off of his wings like water off of a well-oiled duck. It seems to interact with his person, but only slightly. It slows him down as he stands up and turns to face her.

To a normal person his face is still completely hidden by the darkness under his hood. To a half-drow, his features should just be visible.

His eyes are strangely dark, like Winguardia's, and his cheekbones stand out above his sunken, bearded cheeks.

He says nothing. Instead he stares at her, letting his silence draw out until the moment becomes palpably awkward.

[Inside the BDD]

((An edit with a response to Sevet is coming. Just give me a moment, please. ))

((Here's the edit:))

“I’m sure I could pay enough for you to rent a little apartment. Would that be warm enough?” she asks the skeleton.

“And I wouldn’t be able to tell you which crime he thinks I committed unless you tell me who he is.” She informs Sevet.
    Last edited by LadyOfWar; 2012-01-28 at 10:06 PM.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Troll in the Playground

[Just outside the BDD]

"You know, the timing of your arrival and your sneaky actions outside the building here could be considered to be quite suspicious, were one of a suspicious mind," the half-drowess necromancer says, frowning at the man.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

21. - Top - End - #171

Sevet actually has to think on that for a second. Not living in his master's fortress, secret lab, castle, or studio apartment? "That'd... That'd be new to me, but I guess I can give it a shot," he says awkwardly. "Objectively your offer isn't a serious deal better than his. But I'm betting, and I mean really betting, on you folks as the good guys here. For once in my life I'd really like to be on the good side." His voice is sincere, and he really hopes he's not making a mistake. "I accept. I'm all yours now. So does Reclaimer mean anything at all to you?"

My Characters

22. - Top - End - #172
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

[Outside the BDD]

"Then one ought to be less suspicious." he replies. His voice is deep for a man with such a small frame.

"It is more questionable to sneak up on someone and cast magic at them. It is criminal in some countries." His tone carries a hint of threat.

[Inside the BDD]

“First off, you’re not ‘all mine.’ I don’t own you. That would be horrible. Call me Siri, and I need to know your name.”

Then he adds his last sentence. “Reclaimer”… her eyes seethe. “Yes. It means everything.” She forces herself to look less angry. “You were dealing with the Council’s current Reclaimer of Wings. He … or she, though I know of no females… is in essence a bounty hunter in the Council’s employ. In his eyes I am a criminal. The crime I am charged with is treason. There is only one trouble with that. To commit treason one must betray their government. I never swore fealty to the Council and thus never betrayed them.”

She half closes her eyes, as if trying to remember something.

“Tell me, does he have dusty-black wings, stands about a foot taller than me, wears black leather gloves, hair cut and attitude like he thinks he’s exceptionally handsome?” she basically just described the man tracking her.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Troll in the Playground

[Outside the BDD]

"Then perhaps it's a good thing that we aren't in those countries?" Rhyan asks rhetorically. "However, I do admit I might have had better options to use. However, your...familiar stature to somebody I know, caused me to decide to err on the side of caution.

Extreme caution."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

24. - Top - End - #174

"Sorry, minion vernacular. My name is Sevet." he starts. "I don't know about thinking he's handsome, but that's about right. It's probably been over six minutes so he's probably waiting outside the bar to ambush you. He doesn't seem to want your other friends involved, he also thinks they're human." best to get the awkward info out of the way before it becomes a hindrance.

My Characters

25. - Top - End - #175

Alysha giggles a little. I think he's gonna be in for a surprise, then. I think I'm the most human of us...maybe...not entirely sure, actually. Huh.

Anyways, I'm actually a vampire. See?
    She grins and points to her fangs.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

26. - Top - End - #176
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

[Outside the BDD]

"You met another Celestial? Please, do tell me where. I should like to meet one of my own race here. We are not common." He steps closer, allows his hood to slip back just far enough that oblique rays of light make his expression visible, and he smiles. It would be a charming smile in an excessively self-confident way, if it were not for his long, sharp fangs.

[Inside the BDD]

"Your boss is named Brian. I know him better than I'd like, but there are very few Aerials in my world, and we live a few thousand years, so it's inevitable." Odd, before this she was using the term 'Celestials'... "I think you'll soon find, by comparison you're now working for the 'good guys'." She smiles. She seems relieved, and her posture is becoming more relaxed.

"Well, Sevet, now that you're not trying to kill me, it is a pleasure to meet you." She offers the skeleton her hand to shake.

"We should try to make sure he continues to think you're human." She tells Alysha, "Harming a human would cost him his title and involving a human in Celestial affairs would be beneath him, so he won't openly attack until I'm alone."
    Last edited by LadyOfWar; 2012-01-29 at 12:30 AM.

27. - Top - End - #177

Alysha looks a little sheepish.

Um...okay...I guess...I'd really rather avoid a fight, though...if we can.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

28. - Top - End - #178
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

"My thoughts exactly, Alysha." Winguardia replies. "I do not want to fight him, I'm hoping we can convince him to give up and go back home. Step one: keep him from attacking the instant I walk out that door. Having people around me that he doesn't want to involve in this will accomplish that nicely."

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ogre in the Playground

Marciano and Grantaire enter. The thieves have blood splattered on them. Evidently not theirs. They're covered in sewer water. Marciano is positively beaming. His greed temporarily sated. Oy, Grantaire! W' go' two 'undred gold from tha' drow bard. He won' be able to play 'is lute again! Bwahahaah! Yup! I coul' see why! Awfully 'ard to play with only one 'and!!! Shoul' I 'ave grabbed th' 'and? Nah....We go' enough profit. Plus! We go' thi' rose.....why is it glowing an' what does it do.....'Ow th' 'ell shoul' I know?! They chatter and laugh greedily. They sit at a table. The pair of crooks look very happy.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Troll in the Playground

The smell of the new arrivals is enough to make Gideon very quickly leave the Den.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs