New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 43 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Default Re: [Nexus] The Black Dragon's Den IX

The mention of screaming in fear gives Winguardia a few moments pause. She looks at Sevet and says softly, "You're doing something very brave here, Sevet... " the slight look of guilt she had earlier fills her face, "I should tell you my true name... you see, in the First Creation of my world, to know someone's true name was necessary to use the life force of our world against them, so to this day I rely primarily on my alias... but you deserve to know who you are taking a risk for. My name is Wingaurdia."

She takes a breath before adding,

"But if you mention that to Brian, or call him anything other than Reclaimer, he will know you are with me. He knows my name already, but do not show that you know."
    Expect my character 'Wanderer' to simply vanish. Please always err on the side of continuing without me. My schedule makes my posting patchy at times and I don't want to hold up other folks' fun.

Former alias: wingrae, Wooly Winged Wonder

I'm officially back! Whee! I should be able to post regularly for a few months :-)

2. - Top - End - #392
    Troll in the Playground

"Someone's true name is something always to be cherished," Rhyan speaks up (finally ), nodding. "And you are indeed performing a very brave deed," she adds to Sevet.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

3. - Top - End - #393
    Barbarian in the Playground

"Make me feel like a hero why don'cha?" Sevet says, trying to diffuse their guilt with a bit of sarcasm. "Fair's fair then, Siri. Number Seventeen." he says with a hand to his chest. Realizing that might require just a bit of clarification he adds, "Before I picked Sevet, I was number seventeen of seventy two. It won't give you cosmic power, but it might piss me off something fierce."

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

4. - Top - End - #394
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Back Room

Merideth nods, blinking drowsily, "A good target, yeah. Maybe we can... find some more people then? Like you found me, out there." She gives a vague wave towards the door, probably indicating the rest of the bar.

"Ohhhh, and there's that place on the hill right? The big black shiny tower. I bet they totally have stuff worth stealing and junk."
    [Back Room]

"Hm, a good idea, but I think I'm taken with the Holowtinns now. A big mess of tunnels just sounds too fun to pass up." Decides Ana. "But yes! More people. Gonna have to go recruit. I'll probably look around the Den, Trog's, maybe that villain place- AMEN, was it? Gonna have to be a little careful though, make sure we don't alert anyone to the plan too soon."

5. - Top - End - #395
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    "Make me feel like a hero why don'cha?" Sevet says, trying to diffuse their guilt with a bit of sarcasm. "Fair's fair then, Siri. Number Seventeen." he says with a hand to his chest. Realizing that might require just a bit of clarification he adds, "Before I picked Sevet, I was number seventeen of seventy two. It won't give you cosmic power, but it might piss me off something fierce."
    "Number Seventeen hardly defines you, Sevet." she tells him. "You are much more than a number."

Then she gets a little twinkle in her eye.

"A few hints to get along with Brian. First, Brian is his given name and he hates being called by it. Don't ask any questions about his family or where he's from. Take initiative from time to time, I think if you tell him you got me to offer you a job it will impress him. Celestial society values individuals who take initiative and holds back those that do not. Call him 'Sir.' If in doubt, ask yourself "what would a military commander want of his subordinate in this situation?" that line of reasoning should steer you right.

Any other questions?"
    Expect my character 'Wanderer' to simply vanish. Please always err on the side of continuing without me. My schedule makes my posting patchy at times and I don't want to hold up other folks' fun.

I'm officially back! Whee! I should be able to post regularly for a few months :-)

6. - Top - End - #396
    Ogre in the Playground

Marciano's awaits the sorceress's answer to his questions.

7. - Top - End - #397

"I'm the only number I know got out alive, that's for sure." Sevet says in his wily voice. "Though who knows somewhere out there my "brothers" might be thinking the same thing. You guys can go. Keep an eye out though."

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

8. - Top - End - #398
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

"Will do."

Winguardia tells Sevet.

"Well, ladies, who's with me?" she stands up and prepares to head out, which involves paying her tab.

9. - Top - End - #399

Quote Originally Posted by Vael View Post
    [Back Room]

"Hm, a good idea, but I think I'm taken with the Holowtinns now. A big mess of tunnels just sounds too fun to pass up." Decides Ana. "But yes! More people. Gonna have to go recruit. I'll probably look around the Den, Trog's, maybe that villain place- AMEN, was it? Gonna have to be a little careful though, make sure we don't alert anyone to the plan too soon."
    Back Room

Merideth nods, "Yeah, it would be nasty if this got to the goblins before we were ready. They deal with thieves all the time, so if we're going to kick them out on their behinds, we have to take them by surprise, right?" That raises the problem of how Ana is going to recruit sufficient minions without attracting attention, but that can be brought up later.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

10. - Top - End - #400
    Titan in the Playground

[Back Room]

"Yup!" Replies Ana cheerfully. "But that shouldn't be too hard." Confident, she heads over to the door. "Wanna go get looking for people?"

11. - Top - End - #401

Back Room

"Sure thing!" Merideth slides away from the bed, the linens unraveling from her form to be replaced with wood once again. The sheets and blanket go back to their exact position on the bed, not ruffled in the least.

"Let us depart then, and see what ruffians we can acquire." Merideth will follow Ana back out to the tavern proper, if the Chimera wishes to lead.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

12. - Top - End - #402
    Banned

Well, Chez was ignored, so he leaves.

And in waddles in... THE EVIL DOCTOR DUCKOTRONSTIEN!

He's looking for evil minions to lead his Army of Comic Book Nerds...

13. - Top - End - #403
    Titan in the Playground

"Onwards, to glory and villainy!" Ana declares, raising one hand as she whisks her way back into the main room, skipping through the hallway and over to the bar. She takes a seat on a stool, and spins around while looking for anyone who might make a good minion.

14. - Top - End - #404
    Ogre in the Playground

"I tend to get along quite well with those I work with. Usually, because I only work with those I do," the Shadow Stalker replies, shrugging, and standing, so that she can follow Winguardia when the winged woman leaves. "And now, I'm afraid I have to go. Hopefully, I won't see you again."

15. - Top - End - #405
    Dwarf in the Playground

A six foot tall woman in leather armor steps into the Den. Her armor is legitimate leather armor, as opposed to, say, a leather two-peice that is useless in real battle. This is hard leather, thick and ready for real battle. She does not have any weapons on her, but she carries a degree of danger around her.

She slides into a seat next to Ana, and looks around. Seedy place. She likes it.

16. - Top - End - #406

Merideth glides up to sit next to the unknown tall woman, discreetly examining her. The unbound elemental is back to being serene and graceful wood, for now, although as she sits some of the bar railing molds into her arms, giving them a glistening sheen.

"Feel free to order more food, Ana. We may be here a while." Pleasant conversation is the order of the day it seems.

17. - Top - End - #407
    Titan in the Playground

"Well hello there!" Ana chirps to the woman seated beside her, stopping her spinning to focus on conversation. "You've got the look of an adventurous sort. I don't suppose you'd be interested in a job?"

At Merideth's suggestion she looks up at the menu. "Hm... I think I could probably go for something lighter. They need to sell snacks. Mushrooms are good and all, but doesn't satisfy a munchy urge." She waves down Daggernose. "Hey, could you guys make some breadsticks? Could I get that? I'd really appreciate it."

Then she turns back to the new lady! "My friend and I- this is Merideth by the way, and I'm Ana- are looking for some companions to help carry out a mission that we have in mind. It'd pay well, but might be a bit dangerous."

18. - Top - End - #408
    Dwarf in the Playground

The woman looks at this young lady. Well, she doesn't seem to fit in here. "Connie," she replies. "And danger might be a nice change of pace. What do you have in mind?"

She turns her attention to Merideth, looking at the... thing. Sometimes "Connie" wonders if this human act is worth keeping up, if things like that can walk the streets. Meh, no reason to have people not underestimate her. Plus, she's not sure if this eager girl would be willing to hire a demon.

That said, if either of the two have supernatural senses, Connie will show up as a demon.

19. - Top - End - #409
    Titan in the Playground

"Well, the precise nature of the plan is subject to change, but I'm looking to establish myself as a villain and am looking to acquire a base." Ana says, a twinkle in her eye. "So naturally I'm looking for like minded individuals- which is why I'm here!"

Rather straightforward of her, really.

Daggernose brings over her breadsticks, which Ana thanks him and pays him for, munching on one as she turns back to Connie. She can't sense that Connie is a demon- heck, she doesn't even know if Connie is a law enforcer or someone who might summon such people, but she's confident anyway. Maybe she's just lucky, or maybe she doesn't care. Or, maybe she is just not all that smart in terms of planning.

20. - Top - End - #410
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    "I tend to get along quite well with those I work with. Usually, because I only work with those I do," the Shadow Stalker replies, shrugging, and standing, so that she can follow Winguardia when the winged woman leaves. "And now, I'm afraid I have to go. Hopefully, I won't see you again."
    Hehe....No doubt you will. The kleptomaniac halfling chuckles evilly. He's thinkin to himself, I wonder how much gold she's carrying...Maybe I c'n follow 'er.....Hehe....
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2012-02-06 at 06:14 PM.

21. - Top - End - #411

Merideth doesn't seem to react to Connie's inspection of her, but if Connie looks closely enough she'll see the corner of Merideth's mouth turn up, and an eye swivel to meet her gaze.

Other than that, she might as well be a perfectly carved statue, some art deco piece that's part of the bar.

22. - Top - End - #412
    Bugbear in the Playground

Alysha nods to Winguardia. I'm ready. Her right hand keeps a firm grip on her Keyblade, while her left arm holds the kitten close to her chest.

What? Did you think she was going to leave the fluffball behind? I don't think so.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

23. - Top - End - #413
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vael View Post
    "Well, the precise nature of the plan is subject to change, but I'm looking to establish myself as a villain and am looking to acquire a base." Ana says, a twinkle in her eye. "So naturally I'm looking for like minded individuals- which is why I'm here!"

Rather straightforward of her, really.

Daggernose brings over her breadsticks, which Ana thanks him and pays him for, munching on one as she turns back to Connie. She can't sense that Connie is a demon- heck, she doesn't even know if Connie is a law enforcer or someone who might summon such people, but she's confident anyway. Maybe she's just lucky, or maybe she doesn't care. Or, maybe she is just not all that smart in terms of planning.
    Marciano overhears and replies Oy, I am willing t' 'elp ya'! M'name's Marciano L'ouvre, master thief, assassin, poisoner, arsonist, master of disguise, and trap master! Marciano walks to the woman smoothly. He tries to pick up her hand and kiss it before pledging to her, At yer service...fer a price. Marciano whispers. Marciano is my current avatar. Grantaire wobbles over to Marciano's side.

24. - Top - End - #414
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Well, I'm open to a bit of villainy. Heh, I came in looking for something to do, and it's not like I'm going to throw out an opportunity like this one."

Connie leans back a bit. "Do you have anything at all yet, or are you working from scratch?"

25. - Top - End - #415
    Pixie in the Playground

As the patrons converse with one another the door to the tavern opens without much of a sound. An inquisitive young adult enters the main room. He is clothed in dark blue cloth armor which covers most of his body, excluding the eyes. This particular wears a white tabard which has red symbols and writing covering it, with an odd eye being the most prominent feature. He has hair which looks like sandpaper, and eyes the color of an emerald. Slung over his back is a single sheathed sword, and at his waist are a couple of small sacks. ((See my avatar for a clear-cut representation.))

Entering rather silently, he stops in the doorway and glances around for a prolonged period of time. This person notices a disgusting small creature kissing some female human's hand while she holds conversation with another woman and... a spirit? He's not quite sure what he's observing right now, but it's rather disturbing.

"...Just what kind of creatures are these? I must have been transported pretty far from Hyrule to be in the presence of such things..."

Suddenly he speaks up in a stern voice: "Do any of you peculiar... creatures happen to know where the Queen is?" The man asks as if it's rather common knowledge to who he references.
    Last edited by ClassyCelt; 2012-02-06 at 09:42 PM.
    Erin Go Bragh!
    "Oh, so now you are saying that I'm redundant, that I repeat myself, that I say things over and over?!"

Tottenham Hotspurs. Nuff said.

Nexus Character(s)

26. - Top - End - #416
    Titan in the Playground

"Augh!" Ana pulls back her hand from the disgusting halfling, pulling away so fast that she nearly falls off her stool. "You- uh- please don't touch me." She request, looking over him with revulsion. "Can you maybe... well, bathe?"

She scoots her stool a bit away from him, glancing back at Connie. "Well I do have an idea, but I'd prefer not to release information until a later point. You know, prevent moles and such. You'll have a chance to opt out after hearing the goal."

Peering over at the newcomer, she decides to address his question as well. "Queen? What queen? There are a lot of queens, y'know."

27. - Top - End - #417
    Ogre in the Playground

I woul' bathe if I had a shower ya' know. I woul' like to join ya'. I don't cause th' plague. Marciano is slightly hurt. So, wha's th' goal? I need a job.

28. - Top - End - #418

Rather than even acknowledge the wobbly and filth encrusted halflings, Merideth instead turns to the blue covered man with an air of mirth and joy.

Quite suddenly, her wooden form goes stiff, and those that can see magic will note the spectral form leave it and quickly attempt to fly above this newcomer's head.

Just a second later, the wooden form left behind begins to melt back into the surrounding floor, stool and bartop, and another one is drawn from the ceiling to become Merideth once more, now hanging upside down and partially made of a light fixture.

"A good many queens yes, in this land especially. Could you be a bit more specific if we're to get anywhere? A name, especially, would do us a great deal of good in solving this quandary of yours."

29. - Top - End - #419
    Pixie in the Playground

The newcomer glances at the rather normal looking human, then fixes his attention on the strange being adjacent to him. "A great deal many queens...? You are clearly mistaken. Clearly I speak of the only queen in the world. Her highness, Zelda."

((Also, sorry, didn't realize you had taken darkgreen, if you want me to switch just say so.))
    Last edited by ClassyCelt; 2012-02-06 at 09:41 PM.
    Erin Go Bragh!
    "Oh, so now you are saying that I'm redundant, that I repeat myself, that I say things over and over?!"

Tottenham Hotspurs. Nuff said.

Nexus Character(s)

30. - Top - End - #420
    Dwarf in the Playground

Connie just kind of sits there. She doesn't have anything to say on the matter. Either matter. If Ana wants to hire a small smelly thing... well, maybe she can have some fun!

Halfling. That's a halfling, isn't it? Meh. It's not like she has a lot of experience with all the different kinds of mortals.