New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 43 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] The Black Dragon's Den IX

That smelly halfling just so happens to be a master assassin, thief, and master of disguise.

2. - Top - End - #422
    Ogre in the Playground

A young woman walks into the den. She carries herself somewhat shyly, pushing her stylish blond hair out of her golden eyes as she comes in. Despite the turtleneck and baggy jeans she wears, it's obvious she doesn't have much of anything in the way of curves.

She moves over towards the bar, seeming relieved once she looks over the crowd, "I'll have a beer, thanks,"

It'll be there in a while. For now, anybody could come up to speak to her.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

3. - Top - End - #423
    Ogre in the Playground

Grantaire stares at empty space. Grantaire is sitting at the table. He is bored.

4. - Top - End - #424
    Titan in the Playground

"I'm sure you can get a room that has a shower." Ana manages, her nose wrinkled. "I like people with a bit of class. You don't make quite the right impression like that." That, and he asked her what the plan was when she had just said she'd prefer not to give full details just yet, and has such a limited vocabulary that he can't think of a synonym or two for master.

So far, she is less than impressed by the smelly ugly all too forward and boastful halfling. As such, she focuses on Connie.

"What I can say is that it'll probably be a pretty straightforward affair. Run in, fight, kick some people out, maybe defend a little bit. Shouldn't take too long, but is likely to involve a lot of action." She says to the woman.

5. - Top - End - #425
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ClassyCelt View Post
    The newcomer glances at the rather normal looking human, then fixes his attention on the strange being adjacent to him. "A great deal many queens...? You are clearly mistaken. Clearly I speak of the only queen in the world. Her highness, Zelda."

((Also, sorry, didn't realize you had taken darkgreen, if you want me to switch just say so.))
    ((Text colours generally stay with your character to prevent confusion in the Nexus, so keep it the way it is. Merideth actually changes her colour as her voice changes, so she doesn't really have a claim to darkgreen.))

"I am sorry, but as there is most definitely more than one world, there must certainly be more than one queen. And in this place, all people are alike, no matter their status in any worlds they formerly inhabited. Ah, but I see you are confused. You should have a seat, order a drink, and collect your thoughts."

Merideth easily detaches from her perch on the ceiling and flips, landing without a sound on her feet and remerging with the floor. Her form ripples with the sudden movement, before restabilizing.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

6. - Top - End - #426
    Ogre in the Playground

Marciano replies, Hehe, I can not be dirty.Do I need to prove my abilities? Give me five minutes. Marciano heads to the bathroom for a minute.

7. - Top - End - #427
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Well, that sounds simple until you try it. Ah, well. It sounds like you need somewhere to be... you know... not in public." There is a hint, hint in her voice that implies that she might know such a place.

She doesn't even wait for an answer, shrugging. "I mean, it's not classy and it's a bit cold, but it's better than, well, a bar."

8. - Top - End - #428

An average looking man in plain clothes appears seated at a table. He orders a beer and looks around while he waits for it.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

9. - Top - End - #429
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    ((Text colours generally stay with your character to prevent confusion in the Nexus, so keep it the way it is. Merideth actually changes her colour as her voice changes, so she doesn't really have a claim to darkgreen.))

"I am sorry, but as there is most definitely more than one world, there must certainly be more than one queen. And in this place, all people are alike, no matter their status in any worlds they formerly inhabited. Ah, but I see you are confused. You should have a seat, order a drink, and collect your thoughts."

Merideth easily detaches from her perch on the ceiling and flips, landing without a sound on her feet and remerging with the floor. Her form ripples with the sudden movement, before restabilizing.

After her reply, the newcomer remains still clearly lost in thought. "Did she just say more than one world? As in not the one created by the three patron deities? She... he? It must be mistaken. What would the chances be...? I suppose it could be in the realm of possibility though, I mean the inhabitants here seem odd enough..."

He shakes himself from his thoughts and snaps back to reality. He turns to see the other newcomer. Too distracted though, instead of greeting her he listens to the odd creature's kindly advice and takes a seat at the bar lost back in thought.
    Last edited by ClassyCelt; 2012-02-06 at 10:35 PM.
    Erin Go Bragh!
    "Oh, so now you are saying that I'm redundant, that I repeat myself, that I say things over and over?!"

Tottenham Hotspurs. Nuff said.

Nexus Character(s)

10. - Top - End - #430
    Titan in the Playground

"Well, it's simple in concept. Less fiddly than jumping through hidden lasers, replacing valuable objects with weights, and detonating precise amounts of explosives." Ana says cheerfully. "And I could use such a place, but first, I need more people!"

With that she pushes herself and her stool away, her yellow dress fluttering like a banner as she slides across the bar and over to the shy young woman in a turtleneck. "Hey, I don't suppose you can cast spells, can you? Or have some other adventurous and/or nefarious talent?"

11. - Top - End - #431
    Ogre in the Playground

Marciano walks back outside the bathroom. Somehow Marciano looks completely different. He's as tall as a human wearing a fancy trench coat and sunglasses. Marciano's hair is now red and perfectly well kept. Marciano is clean now, even handsome. He walks to the woman he said he would prove his talent to and bows deeply. Not even a hint of my former self. Plus, I'm using no magic. It's all me. (Even his speech color changed!)
    The now attractive taller Marciano tries to kiss her hand once more. I am talented.

12. - Top - End - #432
    Ogre in the Playground

"You've never heard the phrase scurvy dogs?" Reinholdt asks Ermine as they step inside. Reinholdt is in flaming hawt human sniper form and walks as if he oozes confidence.

Which needless to say, would be a very strange random encounter. A confidence ooze.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

13. - Top - End - #433

Quote Originally Posted by ClassyCelt View Post
    After her reply, the newcomer remains still clearly lost in thought. "Did she just say more than one world? As in not the one created by the three patron deities? She... he? It must be mistaken. What would the chances be...? I suppose it could be in the realm of possibility though, I mean the inhabitants here seem odd enough..."

He shakes himself from his thoughts and snaps back to reality. He turns to see the other newcomer. Too distracted though, instead of greeting her he listens to the odd creature's kindly advice and takes a seat at the bar lost back in thought.
    "You are in the Nexus, a melting pot of all possible worlds, including every variation of your own. There are not just many queens, there are many queen Zelda's, some kind, some cruel, some simple farmhands. There are just as many variations of you, and I. It can be quite hard for some to grasp at first, but in time you'll adapt." Or go mad. Merideth has not seen someone go insane over the many possible permutations of themselves in quite some time.

From a purely clinical standpoint, it would be interesting.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

14. - Top - End - #434

Reinholdt may notice his old buddy Reynard nursing a beer at a table. Reynard notices him, but just watches.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

15. - Top - End - #435
    Orc in the Playground

"Nope. Dogs, o' course, but not scurvy."

Ermine sits down at a table, hopefully with Reinholdt, and orders a rum. Yum.
    Last edited by VampireRot; 2012-02-06 at 11:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Caesar, Shakespeare
    Cowards die many times before their deaths;
    The valiant never taste of death but once.
    Of all the wonders that I yet have heard,
    It seems to me most strange that men should fear,
    Seeing that death, a necessary end,
    Will come when it will come.
    Nexus characters

16. - Top - End - #436
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vael View Post
    "Well, it's simple in concept. Less fiddly than jumping through hidden lasers, replacing valuable objects with weights, and detonating precise amounts of explosives." Ana says cheerfully. "And I could use such a place, but first, I need more people!"

With that she pushes herself and her stool away, her yellow dress fluttering like a banner as she slides across the bar and over to the shy young woman in a turtleneck. "Hey, I don't suppose you can cast spells, can you? Or have some other adventurous and/or nefarious talent?"
    "Well... um, sort of?" the young woman blinks her beautiful golden eyes. where the hell is that beer? "I suppose you could say I can cause distractions that last a very long time." Well, that was an understatement "I'm also pretty good with a gun."

17. - Top - End - #437
    Ogre in the Playground

Reinholdt glances around briefly enough to give Reynard a quick scowl, before sitting at the table with Ermine and ordering some rum for himself as well.

"How odd. Well scurvy is a common disease pirates get in other places for not eating enough fruit and stuff."
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

18. - Top - End - #438
    Titan in the Playground

"Perfect! You see, I am planning a heist, and I need assistance from lovely people like you to pull it off." Ana says, finishing off one of her breadsticks as she smiles at the young woman. "I admit, it will be dangerous, and the plan may fail, but if we work together and pull it off, we could be rich!"

"And who are yo- oh." Ana asks the suddenly changed Marciano, realizing who he is as he tries to kiss her hand. Again. "Look I'm flattered but please don't flirt with me, you're not my type."

19. - Top - End - #439
    Ogre in the Playground

The young woman thinks about this for a moment. She was being invited to rob a place? well, she'd never really existed on the right side of the law, at least for the most part. polite society didn't really like her kind, after all. Maybe she could put that to use.

"Um, alright, I'll need more information before i really agree though."

20. - Top - End - #440
    Ogre in the Playground

Hah! I'm already married. It's just good business. I apologize. Alright! If you're planning a hiest I can get through any trap, poison any victim, and steal any object. I couldn't help but overhear your conversation. I can successfully fulfill any heist. I am also very good with my dagger....I'm your man. So, what do you say madame? Marciano replies confidently.

21. - Top - End - #441
    Pixie in the Playground

"You are in the Nexus, a melting pot of all possible worlds, including every variation of your own. There are not just many queens, there are many queen Zelda's, some kind, some cruel, some simple farmhands. There are just as many variations of you, and I. It can be quite hard for some to grasp at first, but in time you'll adapt." Or go mad. Merideth has not seen someone go insane over the many possible permutations of themselves in quite some time.

From a purely clinical standpoint, it would be interesting.
    A cruel Zelda? He had a hard time believing that a benevolent ruler such as she could ever be so terrible. But here he is, in a place full of seemingly bizarre occurrences and characters.

"This alternate world is probably some sort of trap set by Gandondorf to isolate Zelda from me..."

If this is the case then chances are she had already been captured or worse back home. He had failed his only duty: to protect the Queen. What was he to do now that he can't return?

"If what you say is true then chances are I don't have much hope in ever finding her again." He sighs.

"What do I do now...?"
    Last edited by ClassyCelt; 2012-02-06 at 11:24 PM.
    Erin Go Bragh!
    "Oh, so now you are saying that I'm redundant, that I repeat myself, that I say things over and over?!"

Nexus Character(s)

22. - Top - End - #442

Merideth shrugs, and attempts to gently lay her hand on the man's shoulder, keeping a firm control over her shape and substance so that she doesn't accidentally fuse his clothes to her hand.

It has happened before, and incidentally makes for a fine party trick.

"Eat, drink, and be merry, for in failing your solemn duty, you are now devoid of all responsibility. Find a decent job, or if you are not low on funds a hobby perhaps. Maybe take up fishing." Fishing was nice, so she'd heard told.

"I wish you well, but it seems my employer is close to vacating this particular establishment. Perhaps we shall meet again."

23. - Top - End - #443
    Titan in the Playground

"Cool! Well, I think I'm going to blast out of here shortly, now that I've got some interested people, and we'll discuss in a more private area. Sound good?" The villainess props her elbows on the bar, smiling at the unnamed woman. "Actually, if you join up that would mean I'd have an all girl team so far... that'd be fun! It can be a girl's night out, except with crime."

"Which, uh, would mean you wouldn't really fit the theme, sir." Ana remarks to Marciano. "So if the miss here agrees, I think I'll decline for now. Maybe another time."

24. - Top - End - #444
    Ogre in the Playground

..........Sure. Marciano glares, his voice is suddenly very cold, calm, and ugly. Fine

25. - Top - End - #445
    Ogre in the Playground

The golden eyed woman looks down at Marciano, before looking back to Ana, "Erm... we should probably get out of here before he explodes or something. come on, let's go." And she'll stand. never got that, beer, of course, but there's work to be had! And money!

26. - Top - End - #446
    Pixie in the Playground

Merideth shrugs, and attempts to gently lay her hand on the man's shoulder, keeping a firm control over her shape and substance so that she doesn't accidentally fuse his clothes to her hand.

It has happened before, and incidentally makes for a fine party trick.

"Eat, drink, and be merry, for in failing your solemn duty, you are now devoid of all responsibility. Find a decent job, or if you are not low on funds a hobby perhaps. Maybe take up fishing." Fishing was nice, so she'd heard told.

"I wish you well, but it seems my employer is close to vacating this particular establishment. Perhaps we shall meet again."
    He watches her- he was pretty sure it was a her- walk off, and contemplates what he just heard. A life without responsibility? He wasn't even sure he could imagine that. After all what is a life devoid of duty? Meaningless? Regardless, he felt parched.

"Drink over here."

((Deadtime))
    Last edited by ClassyCelt; 2012-02-07 at 05:24 PM.
    Erin Go Bragh!

Nexus Character(s)

27. - Top - End - #447
    Titan in the Playground

"Then off we go! Merideth! Connie! Lets get rolling!" Ana waves to the others and then zips to the door of the tavern, taking her basket of breadsticks with her. "The night is young and the plots are high!" She declares, pointing up at the stars with a finger.

28. - Top - End - #448
    Ogre in the Playground

Marciano glares, I hope you realize what you've just done woman. Either way, I won't hurt you yet. Probably an empty threat due to Marciano's probably never seeing the woman again.

Marciano walks over to a table and stands on it. Oy! Ladies, gentleman, other. I am here today to embark on a noble quest to find and hunt a man wanted by Remnant. The prize is 5,000 gold. We will be hunting an escaped convict, a criminal! Who's up arrest a wicked man or make a tidy profit! Anyone? Marciano shouts loudly, everyone will hear.
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2012-02-06 at 11:55 PM.

29. - Top - End - #449
    Ogre in the Playground

The golden eyed woman follows behind Ana "I'm Ellise, by the way," she says, apparently having realized she never gave a name, "I hope this goes well enough. I could really use the money."

30. - Top - End - #450

Merideth follows Ana as well, although at a much more sedate pace, so she can keep her physical form.

She half turns to the man she'd been talking to, and gives him a short wave and a serene smile, and waits for Connie to catch up.

"I am quite ready to go, Ana."