New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] The Black Dragon's Den IX

Rhyan grins and looks almost uncharacteristally eager....but then returns to seriousness as the conversation takes a less-lighthearted turn. And listens.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

"That guy over there," she says, indicating Sevet with a subtle movement of her head, "disappeared into the back awfully fast when he saw you stand up. And he's a skeleton; it's not like he's going to be doing some sort of drug, or meeting a girl there. Which leaves business. Only, most times I've seen, it takes a bit longer than he was back there to come to an agreement on prices and such. But the timing is just about right for him to have Sent to someone that he'd found you, along with any other relevant information, and get back instructions the same way."

3. - Top - End - #63
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Winguardia listens closely to Mayhala, leaning in closely to hear her over the beautiful music that fills the bar. When the other woman is finished, Winguardia sighs. She looks annoyed.

The woman with enormous wings glances over at the skeleton and his little match tricks. She is very careful not to stare, or give any indication she is more interested in him than in other patrons at the bar.

She keeps having to blink and shake her head to get rid of the small shreds of the illusion that tickle the edges of her vision. She is resistant to magic, but not completely immune. Normally she'd enjoy a beautiful illusion, so it is more effective than something she would normally fight.
    Expect my character 'Wanderer' to simply vanish. Please always err on the side of continuing without me. My schedule makes my posting patchy at times and I don't want to hold up other folks' fun.

Former alias: wingrae, Wooly Winged Wonder

I'm officially back! Whee! I should be able to post regularly for a few months :-)

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

Now is it my turn monsieur?

5. - Top - End - #65
    Bugbear in the Playground

The door through the bar opens and through the entrace comes a male human person in. the person is wearing a lab coat and looks around, befor he heads for the bar to order a drink.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

6. - Top - End - #66
    Troll in the Playground

"...a skeleton, you say?"
    Rhyan frowns, looking thoughtful.
    "...it's possible that, if he is a foe, I could be of assistiance in subduing him."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

Phity-Plat nods to the last person to go before it was his turn. "Go right ahead." Thus far, while he was impressed by the elf's singing and illusion-craft, he didn't consider Flarg to be a real contender, but he wasn't the one who's thoughts mattered.

That honor belonged to the judges.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

Thenadier steps in front of the judges. (Thenadier is last I think, right)

An entire musical orchestra booms from a single musicbox. He sings this song with astounding force: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urxk4mveLCw
    The song is called Stars. Hes very good.
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2012-01-22 at 05:38 PM.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

When the Elf with a harp finished her song about the sorrow of living forever, Winguardia clapped. By the light in her eyes as she gazed at the singer, the winged woman had connected deeply with the sentiments of the music.

With a look of disappointment that she cannot dwell on the music but must instead focus on yet another trial in her life, Winguardia turns to Rhyan.

She waits for the next song to begin before starting her conversation with the drow woman. The singing will cover their voices so the skeleton will not hear. "How can you help?"
    Expect my character 'Wanderer' to simply vanish. Please always err on the side of continuing without me. My schedule makes my posting patchy at times and I don't want to hold up other folks' fun.

I'm officially back! Whee! I should be able to post regularly for a few months :-)

10. - Top - End - #70
    Barbarian in the Playground

Oh crap have they noticed me! No... They couldn't have. I'm just one undead, and this bar is full of weirdoes. Oh my gosh she looked this way. No, she looked every which way. Damn perfect Peripheral vision making me paranoid. I may have to bust out the kitten card early. Keep the match trick going for a bit, wait for a break in their conversation. Weird that they talk during the song but whatevs, the musics kind of crap anyway. At the next break in the conversation, he'll approach the table, and say and do nothing until acknowledged.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LadyOfWar View Post
    Winguardia listens closely to Mayhala, leaning in closely to hear her over the beautiful music that fills the bar. When the other woman is finished, Winguardia sighs. She looks annoyed.

The woman with enormous wings glances over at the skeleton and his little match tricks. She is very careful not to stare, or give any indication she is more interested in him than in other patrons at the bar.

She keeps having to blink and shake her head to get rid of the small shreds of the illusion that tickle the edges of her vision. She is resistant to magic, but not completely immune. Normally she'd enjoy a beautiful illusion, so it is more effective than something she would normally fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    "...a skeleton, you say?"
    Rhyan frowns, looking thoughtful.
    "...it's possible that, if he is a foe, I could be of assistiance in subduing him."
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Phity-Plat nods to the last person to go before it was his turn. "Go right ahead." Thus far, while he was impressed by the elf's singing and illusion-craft, he didn't consider Flarg to be a real contender, but he wasn't the one who's thoughts mattered.

That honor belonged to the judges.
    Quote Originally Posted by singingnoodle View Post
    Thenadier steps in front of the judges. (Thenadier is last I think, right)

An entire musical orchestra booms from a single musicbox. He sings this song with astounding force: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urxk4mveLCw
    The song is called Stars. Hes very good.
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyOfWar View Post
    When the Elf with a harp finished her song about the sorrow of living forever, Winguardia clapped. By the light in her eyes as she gazed at the singer, the winged woman had connected deeply with the sentiments of the music.

With a look of disappointment that she cannot dwell on the music but must instead focus on yet another trial in her life, Winguardia turns to Rhyan.

She waits for the next song to begin before starting her conversation with the drow woman. The singing will cover their voices so the skeleton will not hear. "How can you help?"
    Lellienth isn't trying to break through barriers, so Winguardia should be able to shrug off the illusion easily enough.

When the winged woman claps, the drowess smiles at her, and nods in acknowledgement, making a note to talk to her after the results of the competition, if possible.

Mayhala, for now, simply waits, though her eyes - which are a deep, almost black (and easy to mistake for it in this light), purple, with darker flecks and swirls moving through them - flick up to Sevet when he approaches. But she's careful to not scrutinize him more than she is everyone besides her companions, that is, coldly, and closely, but not terribly lingeringly.

12. - Top - End - #72

Alysha listens intently to the new topic. She didn't like the sound of it. It sounded like a fight could break out. And she hated fighting.

However, if it things did come down to a fight, she would very much protect her new friends. Her Reflect spell would be very handy.

When Sevet finally decides to come over, Alysha displays a lack of subtlety by waving to him like she would anybody else.

Hi! I'm Alysha! I've never met a skeleton before. What's it like being one? Do you have to eat? Do you sleep? Do you have other abilities? How can you see without eyes? Or hear without ears? Actually...you might not be able to hear me, now that I think about it. Can you lip read? But wait...if you don't have eyes, you might not be able to anything-read.

Her curious mind might provide some time for her friends to think of something, or take action if needed. Or maybe just throw the skeleton off balance. I mean, odds are good he wasn't expecting that kind of bombardment.

As Alysha speaks, she makes no effort to hide her vampire fangs from him at all.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

13. - Top - End - #73

"Wow, people aren't normally that friendly," Sevet says in a voice one wouldn't normally expect of a skeleton. It's hoarse and scratchy enough, but there's something... wimpy about it. "In order: Cant really describe it, I've always been this way. Don't eat. Don't sleep. I do have a rune of fire on my forehead that makes me immune to heat. I don't know how I see or hear. I've always just assumed "Magic". And no, I can't lip read. I can regular read though." He does notice the teeth, but he's more worried that the boss is going to kick his ass for misinformation than having his nonexistant blood stolen.

"Now, uh," he says awkwardly, "I just got off the phone with my boss at the animal shelter a bit ago. And I been contemplating this for a bit. I know this isn't the place for something like this but..." he reaches into his robes and pulls out a little black kitten. "Would you guys be willing to adopt a kitten?"

My Characters

14. - Top - End - #74

...Uh-oh...

Winguardia and the others have quickly lost the attention of Alysha.

The vampire's eyes somehow get wider than ever, and she lets out a squeal of delight.

Kitty! Can I pet it? Please please please please?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

Mayhala frowns, eyebrows raising. His story's got several holes in it, like why is he carting a kitten around, and offering it to random strangers?

"And we were picked for this why? We've never seen you before in our lives. And why are you running about with a kitten? Shouldn't it be in the shelter?"

Sevet might notice what looks like the end of a thin rope made of shadows slip out of Mayhala's sleeve, so that it dangles down into her hand, and the rate at which bits of shadows are being drawn to her increase.

16. - Top - End - #76

"Yes, you can pet the kitten." Sevet says as he sets the cat down on the table. "I picked you guys because you seemed like the least horrific people here. And that reaction," he points at Alysha, "kinda proves me right. As for why I'm carrying it, we're shutting down, and it was my job to find homes for the kittens. I had a whole box of them at trog's earlier. If you'll take that little guy off my hands, then I'll be done." There's a bit of sadness in his voice. He'll really miss that imaginary animal shelter. If he notices the shadows he isn't showing it. He can't really do much to defend himself beyond running away or attempting to roast them alive, neither wise choices.

My Characters

17. - Top - End - #77
    Troll in the Playground

Rhyan would answer Winguardia, but then the skeleton in question has approached the table, and she figured her answer would be awkward, so she gives her companion a 'later' look...

...then suddenly.

Cats.

On the table.

Rhyan sneezes!

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

18. - Top - End - #78

Alysha will quickly bring the kitten into her arms and start snuggling it, seemingly oblivious to everything else around her.

Yep...she's gone...

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [Nexus] The Black Dragon's Den IX

Flarg's peering glance catches the Pixie judge's eyes and he helpfully fades down to normal. The fading quite noticeably revealing the trick to be an illusion.

Nodding along to the groovy tones of the first song, Lewis watches the light show eagerly before enthusiastically applauding the guitarist with the magical guitar.

As the second song begins and Lellienth enters the stage with her illusion, Lewis listens along carefully while as he studies the illusion.

While the Pixie kind of Lewis' world feel only short sorrow for what they lose, albeit Lewis is determined to judge fairly regardless, the song still impresses the colourfully clad trickster with the sound and its interplay with the illusion alone.

After a hearty applause, the winged judge notes down a few notes about the two first singers before Thenadier starts.

Thenadier's song is not bad at all either, the style creating an interesting contrast to the visual involvement and instruments of the previous contenders.

After giving Thenadier's song a well-deserved applause as well, the Pixie awaits Phity-Plat's closing performance eagerly.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

20. - Top - End - #80

An purple skinned with elf enters the den, she's dressed in a hardened leather tunic and carries two scimitars on her back. Her light purple hair is cut into a pixie haircut with no need to be set up.

Perhaps her most prominent features however is her well build body and her pupil less eyes which seems to glow within the relative darkness of the tavern.
    She slumps down at a nearby desk and orders in plain water.
    This elf doesn't exactly look like the kind of person who let's out even for a little bit as she spends most of her time suspiciously watch her surroundings as if they were going to attack her any minute now.

21. - Top - End - #81

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    An purple skinned with elf enters the den, she's dressed in a hardened leather tunic and carries two scimitars on her back. Her light purple hair is cut into a pixie haircut with no need to be set up.

Perhaps her most prominent features however is her well build body and her pupil less eyes which seems to glow within the relative darkness of the tavern.
    She slumps down at a nearby desk and orders in plain water.
    This elf doesn't exactly look like the kind of person who let's out even for a little bit as she spends most of her time suspiciously watch her surroundings as if they were going to attack her any minute now.
    After a while a tall man wearing a lab coat will try to sit on her table. After all eh looks neat a bit strange for such a location, since the Den seems to have a more evil visitors.

"Hello there." he first tries, hopin she won't tear him apart. On a note he doesn't wear any kind ofweapon.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Troll in the Playground

Alley Outside

There's a rat in the alley, just outside. It had been scrabbling through the trash like the other rats, but then the music started.

The rat began to remember that it wasn't a rat, but an elf.

And the skinchanger returns to his natural form.

Inside

Gideon walks inside to have a meal and listen to more of the music. He had mastered another another form - he had eight of them now - but he was ready to spend some time as a person.

My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    "Yes, you can pet the kitten." Sevet says as he sets the cat down on the table. "I picked you guys because you seemed like the least horrific people here. And that reaction," he points at Alysha, "kinda proves me right. As for why I'm carrying it, we're shutting down, and it was my job to find homes for the kittens. I had a whole box of them at trog's earlier. If you'll take that little guy off my hands, then I'll be done." There's a bit of sadness in his voice. He'll really miss that imaginary animal shelter. If he notices the shadows he isn't showing it. He can't really do much to defend himself beyond running away or attempting to roast them alive, neither wise choices.
    Mayhala nearly laughs. Nearly. Two vampires, one of whom is half-phoenix, a sadistic spirit that feeds on the life released by killing someone before they reach the point where they'd have died naturally, and a half-drow are the least horrific people here? Not that he has any way to know that she's got something like that tied to her soul, admittedly, but she still finds it amusing.

"What exactly makes us that? Surely the elf that was just singing, for example, is less horrific than a pair of vampires, even if one of them is a hyper-friendly ball of cheerfulness - which you had no way to know before you came over. And why leave Trog's for here?"

24. - Top - End - #84

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    After a while a tall man wearing a lab coat will try to sit on her table. After all eh looks neat a bit strange for such a location, since the Den seems to have a more evil visitors.

"Hello there." he first tries, hopin she won't tear him apart. On a note he doesn't wear any kind ofweapon.
    The elf raises an eyebrow as he approaches, "What do you want?" She demands. Not very social is she?

25. - Top - End - #85

Sevet does laugh. "Ha," see? Kinda creepy how he pulls his head back but still didn't move his jaw. "I didnt know you were vamps, either, I just saw a few girls hanging out at a tavern," he says with a shrug. "One of you has bloomin' angel wings for cripes sake. And if you must know, I was gonna keep that one for myself, but the boss says "No, the undead abomination can't have a kitty." Jerk." He crosses his arms in a huff. He then turns his head to face Mayhala. "What's the deal with the third degree, anyway?" A touch of offense enters his voice.

My Characters

26. - Top - End - #86

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    The elf raises an eyebrow as he approaches, "What do you want?" She demands. Not very social is she?
    Not social? For Andy she is the most social woman he met the last days. The other tried to kill him or start an onion revolution.

"Just wanted to talk a bit, since most people here seem to be distracted on this contest."

27. - Top - End - #87
    Troll in the Playground

((What about Pansy? She had a perfectly nice conversation with him. ))

Gideon gets a meal and sits at the bar to eat it, hoping for some more music.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    Sevet does laugh. "Ha," see? Kinda creepy how he pulls his head back but still didn't move his jaw. "I didnt know you were vamps, either, I just saw a few girls hanging out at a tavern," he says with a shrug. "One of you has bloomin' angel wings for cripes sake. And if you must know, I was gonna keep that one for myself, but the boss says "No, the undead abomination can't have a kitty." Jerk." He crosses his arms in a huff. He then turns his head to face Mayhala. "What's the deal with the third degree, anyway?" A touch of offense enters his voice.
    She shrugs.

"It's just a touch suspicious, in some ways. I want to make sure you're doing what you say you are. For example, where I'm from, animals are used to carry curses and transfer them to people you have a problem with fairly often. Can I have the number of the animal shelter, please?"

29. - Top - End - #89

"I'm not much for small talk." The elf admits in a strained voice, sounds she have some problems talking. "Just passing through." She shrugs.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Alysha has exactly the reaction that Sevet’s boss had hoped Winguardia would have. Only Alysha’s response is magnified about 1000-fold because… well… probably because she’s Alysha and it is what she does. One would have to check with Kerfuffle to confirm that.

With the kitten-cuddling position being hogged by the happy hyper vampire the winged hybrid vampire has time to analyze this situation.

First, she nods to Rhyan, understanding the ‘pick up that thought later’ look very clearly.

Next she pauses to think. She fixes her eyes firmly on the skeleton. At this distance they are completely black with very little white sclera visible on the edges and have an odd slowly swirling sheen to them, like an oil slick on the pavement in July. Her stare is HIGHLY unnerving when she wants it to be.

Mayhala is buying her time to put ten and ten together and come up with something very near twenty. The subtle changes in her expression as she contemplates this situation cannot bode well for the skeleton.

Of course, it is also buying the skeleton EXACTLY what he wants: time. His boss should almost be here by now. Sevet will not have to endure this much longer.

Finally she gives Mayhala a VERY appreciative gaze. One would conclude she is not accustomed to having others come to her defense, and is grateful and slightly caught off-guard. Yet, a knowing glint is in her eyes. She's just had a mental breakthrough. She places one hand on Mayhala’s arm, a gentle gesture asking her to back down just a little. Then her eyes flick to the exits, to Mayhala, then to the exits again. It's subtle, but she thinks the shadow-user will get the message: watch the doors.

“In our boney friend’s defense, Alysha looks like a cute kid, not a blood-sucking vampire. No offence Alysha.” She adds the last sentence even though she’s pretty sure it won’t break through the cute-zone.

Then her eyes return to the skeleton, her gaze as spine-chilling as ever. That is one thing he DOES have.
    “Sit down, please.” She motions to the bench across from her. “And do tell me more about your boss. It is terribly cruel of him not to allow you to keep the little fuzzy. What does he look like?”

Only seconds now... mere seconds... and Sevet will have bought his new boss the six minutes time he wanted.