New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 31 of 43 FirstFirst ... 6212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #901
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] The Black Dragon's Den IX

Meidani grins at Naethalee, and goes to a table while she waits for her 'owner' for the next few days!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

2. - Top - End - #902
    Troll in the Playground

And Naethalee crosses over to the table after a few minutes, bearing a pair of Black Shadows and a grin.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

3. - Top - End - #903
    Ogre in the Playground

Meidani smiles at her, taking a Black Shadow! "Thank you, Nymriia. Got everything all arranged?"

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

4. - Top - End - #904
    Troll in the Playground

"Indeed I do," the half-drowess purrs, taking a pleasantly shivering sip of her own drink. "I assume you have nowhere you need to be for awhile?"

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

5. - Top - End - #905
    Ogre in the Playground

Meidani grins. "Made sure of that before I went up on the block."

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

6. - Top - End - #906
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    "Not 'smite-my-foes-with-thunder' active, no. They were as active as Dalachrech- slight, subtle alterations of events within their purview and sending visions to their clergy, or communicating through extraplanar messengers." Dalachrech controls how many locusts are in a swarm, and has some control over where the swarm goes. The God of Justice would subtly influence trial-by-fire/combat/water/etc to prove the innocence or guilt of the accused. The God of Tyranny could make minor alterations to a law in the making so its effects are more negative than positive, or clouds the judgement of politicians so they think a bad idea is a good one.

So Dalachrech is probably the least subtle here.
    Velka nods. "I see." She shrugs and settles back in her seat. Her drink arrives a moment later and she takes a sip of it. "I've never been a huge religious person myself. Nothing's really spoke to me I suppose." As she speaks, a hand sized spider crawls up from her back and perches on her shoulder.

7. - Top - End - #907
    Orc in the Playground

"No? I think Dalachrech would be most interested in you. The spiders accompanying you, for example; are you controlling them, do they merely accompany you, or will they assist you when you fight of their own accord?"
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

8. - Top - End - #908
    Ogre in the Playground

Velka glances at the spider, as if she never even noticed it was there. "A little of both, really. I can direct them, but they still do as they please half the time." She lies her hand on the table, and a moment later, the spider crawls down her arm and onto its surface.

9. - Top - End - #909
    Orc in the Playground

"At this point, some of my colleagues would say something along the lines of how your link with the spiders is proof of how you have been chosen by Dalachrech. I agree with that, however, I think the best people to try and convert are those with no existing connection to invertebrates, and perhaps even those that are slightly afraid of them, because you know the majesty and grace invertebrates are capable of, and there's so many people out there that aren't that I feel should be prioritised." Madame de la Moy reaches into a pouch hanging from her waist and takes out a small-ish block of amber with an iridescent beetle trapped within.

10. - Top - End - #910
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Meidani grins. "Made sure of that before I went up on the block."
    "Good, good...well, then, as soon as we finish our drinks, how about we...get things started?" Naethalee asks, the half-drowess smiling in return.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

11. - Top - End - #911
    Ogre in the Playground

Meidani grins widely. "Sounds good to me."

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

12. - Top - End - #912
    Ogre in the Playground

Velka smiles a bit, having been expecting some of what Gertrude said. She's a tad surprised there the woman wasn't trying to convert her, though. At least, not yet.

The goblin shrugs. "Makes enough sense when your goal is education. I'll be honest, I never thought you were so focused on that over gaining new members." She nods toward the amber. "What's that for?"

13. - Top - End - #913
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    I saw it. Thanks for letting us know.

"What sort of collateral?" Harnel asks, honestly curious as to what could qualify as collateral in a situation like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    "I could send an elemental there if that's possible. Not that I'm sure what counts as a 'mortal' body for you." Cessie suggests. "It's basically a piece of the elemental realm infused by my will."
    Yusa considered a moment. "An elemental may work. Fire elemental would be most appropriate. Might raise a few eyebrows...But..." The demoness mused. "Perhaps."

She turned her attention on Harnel next. "My full, true name."
    Last edited by kitcatk8; 2012-04-08 at 02:18 PM.
    My avatar Saer made by the lovely, talented Gnomish Wanderer! Thank you!

I try to check OOC thread, but I'm not terribly loyal to it. Best way to get my attention is to PM me. Harass me, please!

KCDC

14. - Top - End - #914
    Ogre in the Playground

Harnel stares at Yusa silently for a few moments before scowling something fierce.

"You know, for a second I thought you were actually being serious about this whole thing. Well joke's on us, hardy har."
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

15. - Top - End - #915
    Orc in the Playground

"I tell people about the wonders of Dalachrech and the invertebrate life of the multiverse. That's education, yet a surprising amount of the people whom I educate later convert to His worship. And this is a gift. If every you get in trouble, or need help in any way, throw it to the floor. The amber will shatter, and the beetle will fly out to find me and I'll come as soon as I can." Madame de la Moy is the only person in the clergy that hands out these messenger beetles. Most of the others are too focussed on traditional conversion methods; Gertrude educates and demonstrates Dalachrech's power, rather than preaching and exhorting.

16. - Top - End - #916
    Bugbear in the Playground

Cessie glances at Harnel and then back to Yusa, "Perhaps you could expand upon that a bit? I'm not sure either of us know what a 'true' name is." She suggests diplomatically.

17. - Top - End - #917
    Pixie in the Playground

Harnel stares at Yusa silently for a few moments before scowling something fierce.

"You know, for a second I thought you were actually being serious about this whole thing. Well joke's on us, hardy har."
    Cessie glances at Harnel and then back to Yusa, "Perhaps you could expand upon that a bit? I'm not sure either of us know what a 'true' name is." She suggests diplomatically.
    Yusa's first instinct was to bristle and growl at Harnel's scowl. Somehow, she kept it back, but couldn't help the flash of anger that darted over her glacial irises.

It was a good thing Cessie was there to act as a buffer between the half-dragon and the demoness. Yusa was starting to have a better grasp on why, in her world, they were sworn enemies. Zam had been the only one she'd met previously. Turning to Cessie, Yusa did her best to keep her biting voice calm. "Only my Master and Blood Father know it. To know it gives you power over me." She turned and once more met Harnel's gaze, her voice low with a quiet growl. "To utter it makes me your slave."

I try to check OOC thread, but I'm not terribly loyal to it. Best way to get my attention is to PM me. Harass me, please!

KCDC

18. - Top - End - #918
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    "I tell people about the wonders of Dalachrech and the invertebrate life of the multiverse. That's education, yet a surprising amount of the people whom I educate later convert to His worship. And this is a gift. If every you get in trouble, or need help in any way, throw it to the floor. The amber will shatter, and the beetle will fly out to find me and I'll come as soon as I can." Madame de la Moy is the only person in the clergy that hands out these messenger beetles. Most of the others are too focussed on traditional conversion methods; Gertrude educates and demonstrates Dalachrech's power, rather than preaching and exhorting.
    Velka will consider it for a moment, then shrug and take the amber when it's offered. "Thanks. You never know when you might need some help."

19. - Top - End - #919
    Ogre in the Playground

Harnel's scowl lessens to a frown.
    "Since when have names been able to do that?"
    It's obviously a totally alien concept to him.

Still... he can't deny that is reasonable collateral.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

20. - Top - End - #920
    Orc in the Playground

"You're welcome. It'll last forever unused, and lead me to wherever you are. If you are stuck in a mineshaft, I'll come. If you're captured by a dragon, I'll come. If you find yourself stranded in a twelve-foot-cube prison demiplane, if there's a way out the beetle can use I'll come." Though it might take a while, and Velka might be slightly dead when she arrives.

21. - Top - End - #921
    Ogre in the Playground

"I appreciate it." In all honesty, Velka is a bit suspicious. She just met Gertrude after all. Ah well, she'll worry about it later. The goblin downs the rest of her drink and goes to stand. "It was nice talking to you, but I'd better get going. Maybe I'll see you around sometime."

22. - Top - End - #922
    Orc in the Playground

The beetle will work as advertised. If it's used, Gertrude will arrive as soon as she can, and do what she can to help. She'll show off her power, too, and try to convert Velka that way. "If you need somewhere to stay, there's a place called Silent Sleep that's quite cheap, and most of it's underground. Try to be as close to the surface as you can, though; the best rooms are at the top."

23. - Top - End - #923
    Ogre in the Playground

"I'll keep that in mind. Have yourself a good one." And with that, Velka will leave. The several spiders that followed her in depart as well.

24. - Top - End - #924

"That's quite a risk you're willing to take Yusa, trusting us with such a thing." Cessie replies with a raised eyebrow, eyeing the demoness skeptically. "How exactly will this go down? I don't mean to sound suspicious but during these rather extreme circumstances all we got is your word that you won't leave Harnel there. This 'true name' is the only real guarantee besides that. Could you at least prove it works somehow? I realize you might only have our word we won't abuse it, but it sounds like you have to tell it to us in either case."

25. - Top - End - #925
    Pixie in the Playground

Harnel's scowl lessens to a frown.
    "Since when have names been able to do that?"
    It's obviously a totally alien concept to him.

Still... he can't deny that is reasonable collateral.
    "That's quite a risk you're willing to take Yusa, trusting us with such a thing." Cessie replies with a raised eyebrow, eyeing the demoness skeptically. "How exactly will this go down? I don't mean to sound suspicious but during these rather extreme circumstances all we got is your word that you won't leave Harnel there. This 'true name' is the only real guarantee besides that. Could you at least prove it works somehow? I realize you might only have our word we won't abuse it, but it sounds like you have to tell it to us in either case."
    Yusa sighed quietly and answered Cessie first. "Exactly." She frowned and looked down at her fingers once more, picking under the nails. Nervous habit. "But I owe it to Zam. He put himself on the line for me. That kind of trust deserves the same in return." She glanced up from under her lashes at Cessie, then Harnel. "Names have always had power in my world. Where I am from, dragons are noble creatures. I realize the same might not be true here, but I'm hopeful."
    Last edited by kitcatk8; 2012-04-10 at 09:58 AM.

KCDC

26. - Top - End - #926
    Ogre in the Playground

Harnel taps the table in thought, each digit moving in turn.

"If you really give up such a thing, I'll go with you." Harnel finally agrees. He doesn't like it, but if Cessie would have done it...
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

27. - Top - End - #927
    Orc in the Playground

The door opens, and in walks a rather good looking young man in a worn red blazer. His hair is a flame red colour, and his bright green eyes dart around the room, taking in the dingy establishment. It seems to meet with his satisfaction, as he grins crookedly and saunters over to the bar.
    "A pint of your nastiest, cheapest, most foul tasting ale." Having procured the noxious brew, he takes a deep swig, smacking his lips together. "Just like mother used to make." He looks around at the other patrons, seeking an interesting drinking companion.
    ~Sneaky Weasel~

Brilliant American McGee's Alice avatar by the fantastic Paisley

Previous Avatar by the wonderful Strawberries:
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #928

GnomeWizardGuy

The young man might notice a three foot tall creature looking like this except with short arms that end in three-fingered-one-thumbed hands. It's currently on top of a barstool and nursing a mug half it's size and a rather large Reuben sandwich.
    Spoiler: Those That Came Before
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

29. - Top - End - #929

"And then I suppose I'll have to follow you to help." And make sure no one breaks the deal of course. "So tell us what will happen now."

30. - Top - End - #930
    Titan in the Playground

Dipsnig, or rather a plotclone of his, strolls into the Den, followed by his wolf mount. He heads through the room towards the bar, his wolf padding behind him.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.