New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 41 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1631323334353637383940414243 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1266
  1. - Top - End - #1201
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] The Black Dragon's Den IX

I get it from my moms side of the family. A little angle blood, more in me then her apparently, I don't think she was an empath. There are a few others in the city I am sure, but I guess we are pretty rare.

Angie thinks back she knew of a few empaths that lived in the Nexus. Erin had some empathy. She frowns at the memory of her friend who she had walked away from.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

2. - Top - End - #1202
    Ogre in the Playground

"No. He didn't." Aly's smile disappears. "You see, I've never met him. He got seperated from my mother during the war. I don't know why he never came to find us. When I got old enough, I decided to find him. Find out what happened."
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

3. - Top - End - #1203
    Barbarian in the Playground

Cass watches some of the goings-on with very shifty eyes. She didn't recognize the place and she didn't know anybody here. Wherever this was, it sure wasn't anywhere in Seattle. With this in mind, Cass shoves her weapon inside her coat to at least somewhat conceal it.

4. - Top - End - #1204

At that reply Sadei's smile wilts.

"Oh... I'm... sorry..."

After a few moments pause she leans forward to give her sibling a hug.

Looks like she could use one.

"Well... We just wait here a little while. Then I'm sure he'll come and tell you everything! And maybe he can teach you to sing, too."

That would be great!

They could form a family band!

And be famous and stuff!

That would be great fun.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

5. - Top - End - #1205
    Ogre in the Playground

She returns the hug, her smile coming back. "That might be fun. I might be a little beyond coaching, though." She says with a giggle. "I never could sing too well."
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

6. - Top - End - #1206
    Ogre in the Playground

"That or they're better about hiding it for whatever reason. I suspet there just aren't many, though." Kirk says with a shrug. "So you can just read someone's emotions? Well, except mine of course."

7. - Top - End - #1207
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    Cass watches some of the goings-on with very shifty eyes. She didn't recognize the place and she didn't know anybody here. Wherever this was, it sure wasn't anywhere in Seattle. With this in mind, Cass shoves her weapon inside her coat to at least somewhat conceal it.
    The space next to Cass begins to ripple as an exotically clad woman materializes, seeming to slip through some invisible hole. "Heh, great to be back!" she exclaims happily, various vials strapped to her jingling as she plops herself down at the bar oblivious to the shifty-eyed woman. "Oye, Blackeye, bring me a hard cider. Plane shifting is thirsty work!
    Kaalia Verk avatar by Rauthiss.

8. - Top - End - #1208
    Ogre in the Playground

The goblin behind the bar is quick to come up with the order and soon enough a frosty glass of cider is set down on the bartop.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

9. - Top - End - #1209

Cass looks at the newcomer and rolls her eyes. She never did like mages that much. She fumbles through the many pockets of her coat for her credstick. Might as well get a good drink while she was figuring out what was going on. "Hey barkeep, get me a beer. Real brew, if you have it."

10. - Top - End - #1210

Kaalia jumps a bit as Cass speaks, for the first time realizing she was there. "Oh, pardon me!" she apologizes, taking a swig of her cider. "Didn't see you there when I popped in. The name's Kaalia!" She extends her hand, grinning widely. Of course, she would never miss the chance to make new friends, especially with someone one who looks so out of place.

11. - Top - End - #1211

Cass eyes Kaalia for a few moments. She didn't really want to talk to a mage, but she didn't have any contacts here anymore. So, she shakes the offered hand with her gloved one. Her handshake is firm and short. "Twig." It's not her real name, but she didn't tell a lot of people her real name.

12. - Top - End - #1212
    Ogre in the Playground

Blackeye didn't know if Real Brew was a brand or if Twig was just asking for a good drink. Not having the former, he settles on serving up a dark ale. She could take it or leave it. If she didn't wanted, that was a drink for him.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

13. - Top - End - #1213

Kaalia's smile falters slightly, noticing Cass's hesitation. "Well met, Twig" she replies still exuding a bubbly persona. "Cute name, very homely." Kaalia looks over the other woman quickly, trying to assess her motives and abilities. "So, what brings you to the Black Dragon?" she asks, hoping to start up conversation.

14. - Top - End - #1214

Cass meant real alcohol by real brew, synthetic drinks are the norm where she's from. She snatches up the ale and takes a long drag. She doesn't comment on Kaalia complimenting her street name. "Black Dragon? Definitely not in Seattle, then," she mutters to herself. Then to Kaalia, "Don't know why I'm here. Don't know how I got here." Kaalia won't be able to tell much about Cass's abilities or motives. Her coat covers up everything that might indicate any ability, and she's managing to keep calm for the most part.

15. - Top - End - #1215

Kaalia's face perks at the mention of Seattle. "Ooh, you're from one of the Earths then?" she asks eagerly. It's a nice world...well, some iterations of it are. The one with all the dinosaurs is a bit of a bore, frankly." Kaalia takes another drink of her cider. "And you don't know how you're in nexus now? My my, how unfortunate. Well, unfortunate until I happened to pop in. But now I'm rambling aren't I?" She giggles slightly, the alcohol starting to affect her already. Being a master artificer and spellcaster doesn't come with a high tolerance, especially after prolonged exposure to various brews and potions.

16. - Top - End - #1216

"Wait, one of the Earths?" Silly Kaalia, there's obviously only one Earth. At least, Cass seems to think so. And what in the world are dinosaurs? "And what do you mean by nexus? I'm not logged into the matrix, if that's what you're talking about. Lost my commlink." Cass keeps on drinking her ale.

17. - Top - End - #1217

Kaalia looks at her new friend dumbfounded, then burst into a fit of giggles. "Ah, you must be from one of those more closed worlds," she remarks, once she regains her composure. "This is not an artificial plane of existence wrought by the hands of man, THIS" the throws her arms wide, indicating the world around them, "Is a world far removed from your Earth." she sets aside her mug; this is serious discussion time. "Now, I know this is a lot to take in, but you're in another universe now, Twig. Nexus is like... the epicenter of all existence, where everything converges into one glorious world." She looks into Twig's eyes, hoping the new friend doesn't crack under the revelation like some of Kaalia's previous companions.

18. - Top - End - #1218

"Uh... huh." Cass is a a little inclined to believe that Kaalia is high right now (mages often were,) but at least it was an explanation as to where she is. "Whatever you say." Well, at least she isn't cracking into insanity. That's probably a good thing. Cass looks into her mug, and sees that it's empty. "No, this isn't enough booze for tonight." She orders another mug, checking to see if her credstick had enough for her to get really drunk.

19. - Top - End - #1219

"You seem to take finding out that everything you know about the world is a lie rather well, Twig." Kaalia takes her multitool out from it's holster and twirls it in her fingers. "Tell me more about yourself," she asks suddenly, flashing Cass an inquisitive look. "I don't think I've been to where you're from yet, and most worlds I've been to with a Matrix-esque pseudo-dimension at least have some inkling of knowledge of other true worlds."

20. - Top - End - #1220

Cass looks a little suspicious at the request for more information. "What exactly do you want to know?" Normally, she would've just told Kaalia a simple no, but she was a mage, and Cass was in an unfamiliar place, so different methods were required. "Matrix is just a network, by the way, not some kind of psuedo-dimension." At least, to anyone but the nutsoid hackers.

21. - Top - End - #1221

Kaalia shrugged, keeping her eyes on Cass. "Whatever you wish to reveal. I'm not looking for secrets, just a picture of who Twig is." It had been a while since she'd had a serious conversation with someone, especially with someone who would make a decent companion. "I know you come from a highly technological world, and you seem okay with magic, yet have no knowledge of Nexus." She returns the tool to her pocket, intent on being invested in this talk. "If you'd rather I'll go first, break the ice a bit more as it were."

22. - Top - End - #1222

((Last post from me. Got work in the morning.))

"I'm okay with magic because I know a bit about how it works." Being Awakened helped Cass come to terms with magic. "You can go first, since you don't mind." She needed some time to figure out what she was going to say anyways. Certainly wasn't going to start with her occupation.

23. - Top - End - #1223
    Dwarf in the Playground

((Hm... it appears my post never posted. Whoops.))

Of course. Most people at least, here in the nexus there are plenty of people that can stop me, though I guess I am pretty powerful. I can also project emotions.

She smiles and a feeling of happiness becomes palpable in the air around her. Litterally can be felt by those around her and near her.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

24. - Top - End - #1224

Sadei wrinkles her nose at that reply!

"Aaww... Singing isn't that hard!" she giggles. "It's just like talking. Except louder and longer and you move your voice up and down."

Well.

That's certainly one way to describe it.

And then?

She glances over at the door!

Kicks her feet a little.

When was Papa going to get there?
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

25. - Top - End - #1225
    Ogre in the Playground

Aly giggles. "Well, when you put it that way..." She notices Sadei was getting anxious. "I'm sure he'll come back soon. You said he was helping somebody, right? Once he's done that, he's bound to come back."
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

26. - Top - End - #1226
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    ((Hm... it appears my post never posted. Whoops.))

Of course. Most people at least, here in the nexus there are plenty of people that can stop me, though I guess I am pretty powerful. I can also project emotions.

She smiles and a feeling of happiness becomes palpable in the air around her. Litterally can be felt by those around her and near her.
    Kirk doesn't seem to be showing any sign of being affected. "That's interesting. I can imagine it's a useful ability from time to time. I don't imagine you ever have to buy your own drinks."

27. - Top - End - #1227
    Dwarf in the Playground

Oh yeah for years I used to live in peoples houses and just made them really want to ignore me. I mean, I helped them I cleaned and cooked, even did a bit of healing, but I still ate their food and lived in their houses. Yeah it is a good skill to have since I don't really have any money.

She smiles at him as she finishes her drink and picks up the last bite of her food.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

28. - Top - End - #1228
    Ogre in the Playground

The drow raises an eyebrow. "Am I sure you're not doing that to me right now? I don't just buy drinks for anyone you know." He says, sounding faintly amused.

29. - Top - End - #1229
    Dwarf in the Playground

Oh I think we both know that you are protecting yourself somehow. Then again maybe I did a bit, who can remember?

She chuckles at him as she takes the last bite of her meal.

But really, would you care one way or another.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

30. - Top - End - #1230
    Ogre in the Playground

Kirk laughs and raises his glass to her. "I admit, I have no objections to buying a drink for a lovely woman such as yourself." He finishes off his drinks and sets the glass aside.