New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 43 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] The Black Dragon's Den IX

Why did ya' let th' girl go?! We coul' 'ave 'eld 'er ransom! Bad enough she killed Gavroche! 'E was a fine thief.She turned into a wolfy! Whot was I t' do?! Huh?! Ya' coul' 'ave 'elped me kill 'er! Corpses are worth a lot...If ya' find th' right buyer. No' too 'ard fo' me t' find mind you. I know plenty 'o' necropeople. Freaks they is. Yes, sir.Ok,OK! Sheesh. Well we need t' find someone 'oo can identify th' glowey rose thingy....Jus' find a wizard! Damn. Tha' drow blood got all over me 'at..... Its just a hat. Silence! Me 'at 'as sentimental value m'fren'. Alrigh' sorry bossman. Marciano yells out, Oy! Any 'o' ya' otha' people know or are wizards?! ANYONE!? With this gold I'll be able to buy an 'ouse! Ain't it a laugh? Ain't it a treat? Hob-nobbin' here! Among the elite? Gold at me feet! Enemies in the dust! And here I'm breaking bread! With the upper crust! Beggar at the feast! Master of the dance! Life is easy pickings! If you grab your chance. Everywhere you go. Law-abiding folk, doing what is decent! But they're mostly broke! But we're the ones who take it, we're the ones who make it in the end! Watch the buggers dance! Watch 'em till they drop Keep your wits about you! And you stand on top! Masters of the land. Always get our share! Clear away the blood and gore, and we're still there! We know where the wind is blowing, money is the stuff we smell! And when we're rich as Croesus! Gods! Won't we see you all in hell! Watch 'em run amuck, Catch 'em as they fall, Never know your luck! When there's a free for all, Here a little `dip'There a little `touch'! Most of them are goners! So they won't miss much!

Bwahahhahhah!
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2012-01-29 at 02:17 PM.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    "We were deciden who would pay fer the drinks tonight, very important y'unnerstand?" Well, that and the small matter of being their servant for a day, but the drinks were more important.

Junior turns to Grotte, equally unsure of how to proceed.

"Howabout we jes drink then? Mebbe some other time we can have another go, an see who's head's thicker then?"
    Grotte shakes her head, holding it slightly to try and prevent the light amount of shell-throbbing.

"Grotte need rest." she says, standing with a stumble, "This one will go sleep-bye, but it might come back to see Junior whenever head stop thump-pounding."

She'll start to make her exit if he doesn't stop her.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ogre in the Playground

The pair of thieves chatter loudly.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Troll in the Playground

[Outside the BDD]

Quote Originally Posted by LadyOfWar View Post
    "You met another Celestial? Please, do tell me where. I should like to meet one of my own race here. We are not common." He steps closer, allows his hood to slip back just far enough that oblique rays of light make his expression visible, and he smiles. It would be a charming smile in an excessively self-confident way, if it were not for his long, sharp fangs.
    "Ah, but, you see, there is a small problem with that. I get the impression she'd rather not meet any others of her race."
    Rhyan arches an eyebrow.
    (As her player hopes that isn't all wrong. )

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

5. - Top - End - #185
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

[Outside the BDD]

"Interesting." he replies, rubbing his chin with one glove-clad hand. He steps back from her and turns slightly to the side. The motion is innocuous enough, though it is designed to give him a clear view of the door out of the BDD.

((She definitely doesn't want to meet this member of her race at the moment.))
    Expect my character 'Wanderer' to simply vanish. Please always err on the side of continuing without me. My schedule makes my posting patchy at times and I don't want to hold up other folks' fun.

Former alias: wingrae, Wooly Winged Wonder

I'm officially back! Whee! I should be able to post regularly for a few months :-)

6. - Top - End - #186
    Troll in the Playground

[Outside the BDD]

Intriguingly, the air seems to distort slightly, preventing a clear view into the windows, possibly.
    "Interesting is one term, perhaps. However I could think of a few others."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

7. - Top - End - #187
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

[Outside the BDD]

He squints a little, but is otherwise unperturbed by the distortion in the air. He goes back to letting the silence speak for him, waiting to see what she will say and do next.
    Expect my character 'Wanderer' to simply vanish. Please always err on the side of continuing without me. My schedule makes my posting patchy at times and I don't want to hold up other folks' fun.

I'm officially back! Whee! I should be able to post regularly for a few months :-)

8. - Top - End - #188
    Troll in the Playground

[Outside the BDD]

Rhyan crosses her arms.
    And waits.

And waits.

...she likes the quiet.

She'll be quite happy to stand here until the cows come home and/or her apparent opponent breaks the silence first.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

9. - Top - End - #189
    Barbarian in the Playground

"My thoughts exactly, Alysha." Winguardia replies. "I do not want to fight him, I'm hoping we can convince him to give up and go back home. Step one: keep him from attacking the instant I walk out that door. Having people around me that he doesn't want to involve in this will accomplish that nicely."
    "Siri?" Sevet pipes in. "Sorry to question the new boss off the bat, but is there a stage in the plan where I reveal, let's not sugarcoat it, that I betrayed him. Because, unlike you, I actually am being treasonous here." If this guy is after Winguardia for treason, Sevet might be screwed.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

10. - Top - End - #190
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

[Outside the BDD]

"I have business to attend to now." He finally breaks the silence. He makes a motion with his hand as if showing her the door.

[Inside the BDD]

"In all honesty, Sevet, I haven't gotten to that part of the plan yet. I do not want him to hurt you. What were your orders, exactly? If I know, it will help." Winguardia says to him.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Bugbear in the Playground

Alysha looks thoughtful for a moment.

You know...I could cast a reflect spell...when we leave...in case he tries something long range...maybe...

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

12. - Top - End - #192

"Make sure you don't leave for six minutes. Technically, the inquiry was playing into his hands." Sevet says. "Mission accomplished there, I think. After that, if you leave he said not to bother following you."

My Characters

13. - Top - End - #193
    Troll in the Playground

[Outside the BDD]

"With whom?"
    Rhyan doesn't budge...but she does narrow her eyes.
    "If it concerns my friends, it concerns me."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

14. - Top - End - #194
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

[Outside the BDD]

He looks her up and down disdainfully and replies, "I doubt real estate development of this building involves your friends."

[Inside the BDD]

"That would be lovely, Alysha. The honor of Celestial society dictates that he must fight me hand to hand, but Brian never was much for honor when money was concerned."

She thinks about what Sevet said.

"It has been six minutes at least. Hmm... if he sees you leaving with me he'll know you betrayed him... If you stay put for a bit, he would have no way of knowing. The question then becomes what you will say when you meet up with him next or if you can avoid him completely from then on." She pauses.

"The second question is whether you'd like to play a double-agent or not. I leave that entirely up to you."

((See you all tomorrow))

15. - Top - End - #195
    Troll in the Playground

[Outside the BDD]

"Then be my guest."
    Rhyan looks him over again, huffs softly, then turns to Levitate back down to the Den.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

16. - Top - End - #196

GnomeWizardGuy

Cragg shakes the deadtime off and attempts to sneak up behind Marciano and his friend. If he succeeds in that feat he'll lightly knock their heads together. Well, lightly for him anyway, most likely hard for them. yehr louhdness ohfends me. Shoosh.
    Spoiler: Those That Came Before
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ogre in the Playground

They're good thieves. They hear him before he knocks their heads. Wha' th' 'ell d' ya' want?!

18. - Top - End - #198

GnomeWizardGuy

Cragg points to them and then holds his finger to his lips. If they make any threatening remarks or gestures his shotgun will be drawn and aimed at their scrawny little heads. He has dealt with annoyances before and he can do so again.
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ogre in the Playground

Um....may I ask what tha' means?! Better no' be an insult. Who're you? Grantaire, don't be stupid! Its obviously a gang symbol. Who d' ya' work for?

20. - Top - End - #200

GnomeWizardGuy

Cragg facepalms and starts to walk away. Obviously he thinks they're too stupid to actually warrant threatening them any further. If he isn't stopped he'll walk across The Den and sit down at an empty table, taking a swig from his bottle.
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

21. - Top - End - #201
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

[Outside the BDD]

The winged man simply watches her go.

When she is down on the ground he goes back to feigning interest in the upkeep of the building's climate control... though he always stands so that he is facing the exit of the BDD.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hipho View Post
    Cragg facepalms and starts to walk away. Obviously he thinks they're too stupid to actually warrant threatening them any further. If he isn't stopped he'll walk across The Den and sit down at an empty table, taking a swig from his bottle.
    OY! Do you know 'oo 'e is? Grantaire. I can talk too. Yeah! See! He can talk too!
    ....Grantaire?
    Whatcha need me bossmanliness?
    Fo' ya' t' shu' up.
    .....oh....sorry......Ill be quiet...Oy! Do you kno' who he is?!No' whisperin'! Silen'! Ya' know wha' nevermind....Like I said, d'ya know 'oo I am?I thought I asked tha'...... Marciano ignores Grantaire and begins boasting. I'm the Master of the house, keeper of the zoo. Ready to relieve 'em of a coppa' or two! Watering the wine, making up the weight! Pickin' up their knick-knacks when they can't see straight! Everybody loves a halfling! Everybody's bosom friend
    I do whatever pleases! Gods! Won't I bleed 'em in the end!

Grantaire pops in halfway.Master of the house, quick to! catch yer eye, Never wants a passerby to pass him by Servant to the poor, butler to the great! Comforter, philosopher, and lifelong mate! Everybody's boon companion! Gives 'em everything he's got

They laugh and jeer noisily.

23. - Top - End - #203

[Outside the BDD]

He looks her up and down disdainfully and replies, "I doubt real estate development of this building involves your friends."

[Inside the BDD]

"That would be lovely, Alysha. The honor of Celestial society dictates that he must fight me hand to hand, but Brian never was much for honor when money was concerned."

She thinks about what Sevet said.

"It has been six minutes at least. Hmm... if he sees you leaving with me he'll know you betrayed him... If you stay put for a bit, he would have no way of knowing. The question then becomes what you will say when you meet up with him next or if you can avoid him completely from then on." She pauses.

"The second question is whether you'd like to play a double-agent or not. I leave that entirely up to you."

((See you all tomorrow))
    "I can, but if you can talk him down, I may not need to. If you do fight, I suppose I'm safe one way or another, though." It's a musing that might have been better kept to himself but he's being oddly honest with his new boss. "Do you really think you can talk him off your back?"

My Characters

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by singingnoodle View Post
    OY! Do you know 'oo 'e is? Grantaire. I can talk too. Yeah! See! He can talk too!
    ....Grantaire?
    Whatcha need me bossmanliness?
    Fo' ya' t' shu' up.
    .....oh....sorry......Ill be quiet...Oy! Do you kno' who he is?!No' whisperin'! Silen'! Ya' know wha' nevermind....Like I said, d'ya know 'oo I am?I thought I asked tha'...... Marciano ignores Grantaire and begins boasting. I'm the Master of the house, keeper of the zoo. Ready to relieve 'em of a coppa' or two! Watering the wine, making up the weight! Pickin' up their knick-knacks when they can't see straight! Everybody loves a halfling! Everybody's bosom friend
    I do whatever pleases! Gods! Won't I bleed 'em in the end!

Grantaire pops in halfway.Master of the house, quick to! catch yer eye, Never wants a passerby to pass him by Servant to the poor, butler to the great! Comforter, philosopher, and lifelong mate! Everybody's boon companion! Gives 'em everything he's got

They laugh and jeer noisily.
    They may, rather suddenly, end up with a solid mass of shadows filling their mouths. You see, Mayhala is trying to think. And they, so far as I can tell, are being rather loud, which interrupts her concentration.

Whether or not they do, though, unless they have some way to prevent her from teleporting, they'll have a tall female human, with shoulder-length black hair, who's normally rather pretty - but, unless they don't mind that her eyes, including the whites. appear to be infinite voids, like miniature night skies with no stars, and are absorbing any light that falls near them, creating a small, perfectly circular, area of complete darkness around themselves, isn't at the moment - appear in front of them, trying to make eye contact.

If she does manage to look in their eyes, unless they have some way to resist mental effects, they should feel intense fear, and that doing anything against her is completely futile.

"Now I know who you are, though I had no wish to - do you know who I am?"

Her voice is cold and cruel, though, if they're able to appreciate it, also rather nice otherwise.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ogre in the Playground

Grantaire is absolutely terrified. Marciano has Elkandars ring. He can't be mentally affected. Grantaire whines annoyingly, Scary lady? Please don't eat me brains. I ratha' like 'em. As well as me eyes. they're nice too. don't eat me.....pwetty please?

Marciano glares right at the woman.
    Grantaire, zip yer lip.

Oy, lady. Can't ge' me. I'ves bots me some magical ring whatchamacallit. Wha' th' 'ell d'ya wan'? I was enjoying a rather nice profit from an interesting target. I came 'ere for wine, women, and a chance t' leave me wife fer a while an' enjoy a nice day 'o' celebration. I woul' appreciate it iff'n ya woul' leave me alone. Don't particularly care about ye' name.
    His cockney accent makes him hard to understand.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ogre in the Playground

She smiles at Grantaire.

"Oh, don't worry, I don't eat brains, or eyes. That's Ariella,"
    she says, before turning to Marciano, though she keeps her eyes firmly locked on Grantaire's. Sadly, the rather disturbing speech she'd normally make is put off, at least, though for how long isn't certain, by the fact that she's only known the language they're speaking for half-an-hour, or, at most, a full hour, and thus his accent makes him almost completely unintelligible to her. "Now... What, exactly, did you just say? I know the language, I think, but... Your accent is thicker than that of a fisherman from Lake Evendim, if similar."

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ogre in the Playground

Marciano replies, T' sum i' up. I sai' leave Im here to rest. Not fight. I already had me fun fer th' day wit' combat.
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2012-01-31 at 03:51 PM.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    "I can, but if you can talk him down, I may not need to. If you do fight, I suppose I'm safe one way or another, though." It's a musing that might have been better kept to himself but he's being oddly honest with his new boss. "Do you really think you can talk him off your back?"
    She laughingly replies, "Thanks for your honesty, Sevet." to his bit about being safe either way.

Then she becomes a bit more serious, "You might note I said, 'convince him to leave,' but... um..." she glances around the room a little, "I didn't say that would involve talking." she has a little grin to follow this up. The look is a mix of sheepish nerves, sly cunning, and excitement.

Then, for Alysha's sake, she adds, "It hopefully won't involve fighting either. That would end badly."

She looks like she is thinking...

29. - Top - End - #209

GnomeWizardGuy

Cragg does his usual escape bit of turning a key in air and walking through a door that appears where the key was turned. This time however the door stays open, showing a dim wooded area.

((Anyone is welcome to walk through the door.I'll be making a post in Outside for whats through the door))
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

30. - Top - End - #210
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Well, Del certainly isn't go to stop Grotte from leaving.
    Not sure he likes her, what with leaving Junior bleeding all over the place, but it seems to have been a mutually consented activity, so not his place.

Weirdos.

He shakes his head and scratches a bit of something off his shoulder plate.
    "I've spent too much time in here. I can feel the air's alcohol seeping into my skin."
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit