New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 43 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] The Black Dragon's Den IX

"So my cut 'em off idea was stupid. Good to know. Blackmail might work if we had anyway to report him, but we know he's at least a little concerned, not wanting to get your human(oid) friends involved. Maybe you could convince him to say screw it and just live happily ever after in Nexus? He wouldn't be a third class citizen here. Maybe my fake wings idea again? Only working with him to trick the council guys."

He's just throwing ideas against the wall to see what sticks.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

2. - Top - End - #242
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    Rhyan listens intently, frowning as she digests the information given...and reaches out to take the winged woman's hand, if she can.
    "I promise that I will do my best to ensure that you never have to run again," the half-drowess says. "How far does the definition of 'human' go? I am half-human; would harming me cause him to, well, fall?"
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Mayhala, for the moment, hasn't even noticed Marciano, as she's focusing rather intently on ways to deal with Brian.

"Is killing him an option? I've come up with some... Interesting... Applications of my magic, one of which is a blade that also functions like a garrote. If I could get one of those around his wings and constrict it... Are your shadows also resistant to magic, or just your bodies?"

At Ryhan's question, she nods, looking as though she's rather wondering that herself.

"That's a good question... How about me? My physical form is completely human, but I have a spirit bound to my soul, and we've been altering each other for a very long time, until we finally ended up as one entity; me.
    Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    "So my cut 'em off idea was stupid. Good to know. Blackmail might work if we had anyway to report him, but we know he's at least a little concerned, not wanting to get your human(oid) friends involved. Maybe you could convince him to say screw it and just live happily ever after in Nexus? He wouldn't be a third class citizen here. Maybe my fake wings idea again? Only working with him to trick the council guys."

He's just throwing ideas against the wall to see what sticks.

Winguardia smiles at Rhyan as the other woman takes her hand. “Thank you.” She replies to the kind gesture.

“In answer to your questions, Rhyan and Mayhala, as long as neither of you is undead nor a magically created being, you would fit the Council’s definition. Undead are still viewed as the enemies of all life in my world because of the plague that ended the First Creation. So, Sevet and Alysha and even I do not particularly fall under the Council’s protection.

As Sevet points out, reporting any hostile actions he takes will be the problem. It is not impossible. It would merely take a human messenger willing to carry proof back to the council.

The ideal situation would be to convince him to live happily ever after here in the Nexus. There are many things that would entice him toward that option. He would be free of the Council’s oppression, he would have the opportunity to gain respect and wealth, he would not have to face me in combat, he may even be able to find friends. Our kind have difficulty making friends because we know that all other species in our world live very short lifespans compared to ours. Finally, it would be several centuries before the Council would start looking for him, and by then the trail will have gone cold. He can disappear here without a trace. Disappearing here is certainly my plan.” It looks like one of Sevet's ideas was made of super-glue.

She conspicuously does not touch the topic of killing Brian. She’ll have to be pressed to address that
    Expect my character 'Wanderer' to simply vanish. Please always err on the side of continuing without me. My schedule makes my posting patchy at times and I don't want to hold up other folks' fun.

Former alias: wingrae, Wooly Winged Wonder

I'm officially back! Whee! I should be able to post regularly for a few months :-)

3. - Top - End - #243
    Pixie in the Playground

Suddenly, a man with short hair and a brown suit comes in, while touching both the door hinges with a white cloth. He is what you see, one of the most cleanest adventurer you have seen. He then goes to the bar, and asks, "I would like the finest water you have. Make it quick, but not to quick, and clean the glass before you do it."
    Last edited by agate86; 2012-02-01 at 09:39 PM.
    creating chaos, that is why it is called chaotic evil I thank Darklord Bright for the avatar.
    Griktak by Ceika
    Spoiler
    Show

Vynlerash by Darklord Bright
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #244
    Bugbear in the Playground

Alysha's face falls a little at the revelation that Winguardia's rulers count her as an enemy.

I mean, it's not her fault she's like this. And she does what she can to avoid hurting people.

Do you think...do you think he has some darkness? In his heart? Her grip on her Keyblade tightens a little.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by agate86 View Post
    Suddenly, a man with short hair and a brown suit comes in, while touching both the door hinges with a white cloth. He is what you see, one of the most cleanest adventurer you have seen. He then goes to the bar, and asks, "I would like the finest water you have. Make it quick, but not to quick, and clean the glass before you do it."
    Grantaire walks over curiously. The gnomes clothes are covered in dirt. OY! What are ya'? The gnome pokes the clean man.

Marciano awaits the womans reply to his call.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Pixie in the Playground

The man jumps back at your attempt to touch him,Ahhhh! Don't touch me!! Whens the last time you took a shower? You have no right to live! Clean yourself, for Gods sake!! He hands you a cloth quickly.
    creating chaos, that is why it is called chaotic evil I thank Darklord Bright for the avatar.
    Griktak by Ceika
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #247
    Pixie in the Playground

Last edited by agate86; 2012-02-01 at 09:53 PM.
    Griktak by Ceika
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ogre in the Playground

The man jumps back at your attempt to touch him,Ahhhh! Don't touch me!! Whens the last time you took a shower? You have no right to live! Clean yourself, for Gods sake!! He hands you a cloth quickly.
    Grantaire stares at the odd man. Actually, I took one meself las' month...I think...Why? Grantaire takes the cloth, blows his nose in it, and hands it back to the man. Thanks.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Pixie in the Playground

The man pushes back the cloth and says,"Uh, no thanks. Keep it, please." He gets out another cloth and wipes his hands shortly after.
    Griktak by Ceika
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ogre in the Playground

Grantaire begins to sneeze. He let's out a huge sneeze. Right on the man.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Pixie in the Playground

The man begins to cry. He murmurs, Help me...
    Griktak by Ceika
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ogre in the Playground

Grantaire simply hands the man his cloth that Grantaire already sneezed in. Sorry...'ere use this!

13. - Top - End - #253
    Pixie in the Playground

He nervously takes out all the cloth he has a shoves it in his face.
    Griktak by Ceika
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #254
    Ogre in the Playground

...Who's face does he shove the clothes into?

15. - Top - End - #255
    Pixie in the Playground

((The gnome))
    Griktak by Ceika
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ogre in the Playground

The clean or dirty cloth?

17. - Top - End - #257
    Pixie in the Playground

((Both))
    Griktak by Ceika
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #258

Quote Originally Posted by VampireRot View Post
    "Greetings fellow bipedals!"

Look who it is, cheerfully skipping into this tavern of ill repute. It's Devi! The young lady is wearing her usual tank top, shorts, sandals, and sunglasses, as well as her golden magi-tech bracelets with their buttons and lights. She seems to be carrying a small metal box.

The Magtern waves cheerfully at the hive of scum and villainy and puts her box down on a table, before sitting down across from it. She pushes the container away from her a bit and in plain view of everyone else. On top of it is a big red button, gleaming and shining enticingly. Written on all of the sides in large capital letters is "DO NOT PUSH THIS BUTTON". Devi settles down in her chair, smiles happily, and waits.
    Do not push? Nonsense!

SCIENCE is clearly waiting in that box, and Junior, the freshly drunken (ever and always) drorf aims to let it out so he can peek at its innards.

If no one stops him, the drorf will stagger right up to the box, give Devi a wink, and slam his hand right down on the button in a display of manly bravado.

Oooh, he hopes it's some kind of physicsy science. Junior only barely tolerates chemistry, and biology is hardly any better. Biochemistry isn't all that bad, mostly because that's where normal people get their booze from.

But physics? That's right proper drorvan kinda science right there.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Ogre in the Playground

((Both))
    Grantaire spits out cloths and attempts to grab the man and throw him on the floor. OY! Wha' was tha' about?!

20. - Top - End - #260
    Pixie in the Playground

You easily throw him to the ground. Gah!!
    Last edited by agate86; 2012-02-01 at 10:38 PM.
    Griktak by Ceika
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #261
    Ogre in the Playground

The gnome takes out a knife, Why did ya' attack me!?

22. - Top - End - #262
    Pixie in the Playground

I suggest a long bath, please get off me. He touched me...
    Griktak by Ceika
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #263
    Ogre in the Playground

Tha's NOT WHAT I ASKED! YA' ATTACK ME YOU'reLOSING A' EYE! Grantaire holds the knife menacingly.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Orc in the Playground

The button is pushed! And Junior should find himself becoming very not-heavy. In fact, he should feel entirely weightless and start floating off at the slightest push off the ground. If the magic-science Devi stuffed inside the metal box works correctly, Junior should now be entirely unaffected by gravity. What a wacky effect!

Oh yes, and the top of the box opens up and releases a honey badger. Devi did bees last time, so why not use an angry African mustelid in her second button experiment? The ratel is similarly weightless, but honey badger don't care and just paddles furiously through the air to try to maul Junior. And it looks like it'll probably succeed if the drorf doesn't fight or flee.

The techno-mage is giggling at this point, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Caesar, Shakespeare
    Cowards die many times before their deaths;
    The valiant never taste of death but once.
    Of all the wonders that I yet have heard,
    It seems to me most strange that men should fear,
    Seeing that death, a necessary end,
    Will come when it will come.
    Nexus characters

25. - Top - End - #265
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by singingnoodle View Post
    Tha's NOT WHAT I ASKED! YA' ATTACK ME YOU'reLOSING A' EYE! Grantaire holds the knife menacingly.
    I can see perfectly, and I dont want to mess up my perfect vision. Just calm down. and back away a bit. Far away.
    Griktak by Ceika
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #266

A honey badger!?!

Yes.

Junior, being completely unprepared for aerial combat with the irate badger, proceeds to grab hold of the nearest chair and swings it towards the badger, letting go at the last second. The jettisoning of the chair should send him backwards through the laws of equivalent exchange, hopefully far enough to put him out of the zero-G field he suspects he's caught in.

And, you know, he's throwing a chair at the honey badger. That should do something.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Orc in the Playground

Junior should get out of the field of zero-gravity set up by the button with his trick with the chair. And the honey badger gets hit by the furniture! This doesn't deter it at all, however; it just makes it more angry. The animal simply scrambles over the floating chair to face Junior again and pushes off of it from that side, launching itself at the drorf and the chair back over Devi's head. I have no clue if it can even do that, though its not like the honey badger would care about the actual physics.

So Junior should be suddenly feeling gravity's insistent tug once more and will have a still-floating honey badger flying toward his face like the wrath of a thousand vengeful gods.
    Last edited by VampireRot; 2012-02-01 at 11:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Caesar, Shakespeare
    Cowards die many times before their deaths;
    The valiant never taste of death but once.
    Of all the wonders that I yet have heard,
    It seems to me most strange that men should fear,
    Seeing that death, a necessary end,
    Will come when it will come.
    Nexus characters

28. - Top - End - #268
    Ogre in the Playground

Daggernose leans over the bar and looks down at the brawling neatfreak and Grantaire "Oy, ya two, knock it off. And ya put that sticker away." The bartender gives a pointed look to the halfling.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Ogre in the Playground

Grantaire puts his knife away and instead attempts to stuff the dirty cloths into the mans mouth. Tha' ought t' shu' ya' up.

30. - Top - End - #270

Quote Originally Posted by VampireRot View Post
    Junior should get out of the field of zero-gravity set up by the button with his trick with the chair. And the honey badger gets hit by the furniture! This doesn't deter it at all, however; it just makes it more angry. The animal simply scrambles over the floating chair to face Junior again and pushes off of it from that side, launching itself at the drorf and the chair back over Devi's head. I have no clue if it can even do that, though its not like the honey badger would care about the actual physics.

So Junior should be suddenly feeling gravity's insistent tug once more and will have a still-floating honey badger flying toward his face like the wrath of a thousand vengeful gods.
    Well that figures. There's not much Junior has in his arsenal that can stop something like that. Still, he can slow the blaster thing down somewhat.

Lets see here, There are tables, chairs, bottles, the ceiling, and fire, all ready and available to be used.

And all most likely worthless. Still, Junior grabs the nearest table and flips it, positioning it in front of himself as a shield. He aims to keep this between him and the honey badger at all times, and will move accordingly if it tries to skirt around it.

That done, he starts backing towards the door.