New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: {Nexus} GLoG 79: So Lonely.

{Kitchens}

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    On further examination, Julie's hand seems fine. It must have stung somewhat, but there were no marks left behind.

Julie takes a moment to cast her gaze over Vidalia as her hand is taken, and the vine covered young woman will feel some of the heat under Julie's skin bleed off into the air. Evidently she was warming herself somehow while outside, and doesn't feel the need to anymore.

"I suppose that makes a lot of sense, from what I know of Pansy. So are you a GLoG member? My name's Julie, by the way, nice to meet you."
    Vidalia smiles at Julie. Name's Vidalia. It's nice to meet you. She tries to grip the girl's hand a little firmer. And yes, I'm a long-time member. Are you, perchance, a devil?

((Further description of Vidalia: Long black hair, bright green eyes, pale skin, with just a slight tint of green, and red lips. Her long fingernails are painted a dark green. She is about 5'7", her hair descends to about mid-back, and there doesn't look to be a bit of fat on her tight body. She's not sickly thin, but a healthy thin.))

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

2. - Top - End - #242
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Main Room]

Andy who was here for a long time has listen tohas seen Sophie talking to Julie would follow to the kitchen when she was heading there. In the moment he notice that Vidalia is there Andy, avoids getting involved in the talking. He is just in a to bad mood to deal with her. To have an excuse why he entered the kitchen he takes all he needs to make a sandwitch including one of the onions.
    Last edited by Zefir; 2012-01-29 at 02:08 PM.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

3. - Top - End - #243
    Barbarian in the Playground

Kitchens

Julie pauses in her reply to give Andy a curious look. An onion sandwich? That's a bit odd, even coming from a pregnant woman.

Ah well, back to Vidalia. Julie doesn't seem to mind the odd tinge to her skin, and gives Vidalia's hand a light squeeze in return as she answers.

"Devil, demon, nature spirit, lost soul, fey, whatever you'd like to call me. My home world really didn't distinguish much between all the supernatural races, and what they were called tended to vary based more on where they were born than any real difference between them. Have you had dinner yet Vidalia? No sense in me eating alone when I can cook something for two." Julie wonders how Pansy would feel, knowing that Julie had been doing most of the cooking in her absense.

Of course, most of that cooking was for herself. The succubus really hoped she could go back to her normal diet once there weren't any children constantly demanding food in her.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Cabin - Outside]

Brinika is sitting on the stairs, waving her feet in the air and listening to a song Caretaker is playing. She's wearing a warm coat, a hat, ear warmers and a scarf, meaning there's not much of her face visible.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Dwarf in the Playground

Main Cabin - Outside

"Hay, Brinka!"

Keo drops down off the roof, landing next to Brinka. She's wearing her usual cloak, not bundling up any more for the weather. "It's a good day! Isn't it?"

6. - Top - End - #246
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Cabin - Outside]

Yeah! Brinika's voice from under the scarf and the hat says. I love snow. I didn't get to see it very often before my parents decided to come here.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Dwarf in the Playground

Main Cabin - Outside

"Is there a lot of snow? This is only the second good luck snow I've seen. How was your luck this season? Is some of this your luck?"

Keo seems to be energetic, as usual. I guess it is to be expected if this is her second snow, ever.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Cabin - Outside]

Brinika's ears twitch. What does snow have to do with luck? She asks. Keo's earlier explanation seems to have slipped her mind.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Dwarf in the Playground

Main Cabin - Outside

"Well, when snow comes it uses up all the season's luck. This is a good luck snow, so most of the luck was good! I didn't have any luck this season, 'cause I didn't have any luck dice to roll. I'm going to make my own luck dice, though, so I can have luck next season!"

Now she's talking about luck dice... luck apparently plays a big part in her culture.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Cabin - Outside]

Brinika frowns in confusion, althought it's not very visible underneath all those winter clothes.
    I don't understand any of it, she says. Why do you have to make dice to get luck?

11. - Top - End - #251
    Dwarf in the Playground

Main Cabin - Outside

"'cause the dice tell you if you get good or bad luck for a season. I'll make some for when spring comes, and then I can show you! I just need a good whittling knife, I already have some good bones."

Keo nods. Then they can all have luck! And maybe there will be more snow.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Troll in the Playground

[Main Room]

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Andy who was here for a long time has listen tohas seen Sophie talking to Julie would follow to the kitchen when she was heading there. In the moment he notice that Vidalia is there Andy, avoids getting involved in the talking. He is just in a to bad mood to deal with her. To have an excuse why he entered the kitchen he takes all he needs to make a sandwitch including one of the onions.
    Vidalia glares at Andy as he takes an onion. *GLAAAARE* But has nothing to say to him. Once he leaves, she turns her attention back to Julie.

Kitchens

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Julie pauses in her reply to give Andy a curious look. An onion sandwich? That's a bit odd, even coming from a pregnant woman.

Ah well, back to Vidalia. Julie doesn't seem to mind the odd tinge to her skin, and gives Vidalia's hand a light squeeze in return as she answers.

"Devil, demon, nature spirit, lost soul, fey, whatever you'd like to call me. My home world really didn't distinguish much between all the supernatural races, and what they were called tended to vary based more on where they were born than any real difference between them. Have you had dinner yet Vidalia? No sense in me eating alone when I can cook something for two." Julie wonders how Pansy would feel, knowing that Julie had been doing most of the cooking in her absense.

Of course, most of that cooking was for herself. The succubus really hoped she could go back to her normal diet once there weren't any children constantly demanding food in her.
    I had a Devil girlfriend, once. She was the daughter of one of the lords of Hell, I think. We had good times.

And I'd love to have something to eat, but no onions. She wrinkles her nose. It'd be like cannibalism, to me.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

13. - Top - End - #253
    Barbarian in the Playground

Kitchens

Julie nods, she'd figured there was something like tha- wait, devil girlfriend?

Well isn't that interesting. And here Julie thought this camp would be full of bigots, but apparently they had more liberal interests than she was aware of.

"Well you just tell me what you care for then. Pansy left all kinds of things around, and I can make something from scratch if none of that appeals to you." She discreetly files away that interesting little fact for later. Like maybe a month later. It doesn't hurt that Vidalia dresses skimpily, and is very nice to look at.

"I was going to do something with leeks, but if they don't suit your fancy either, I can just skip them." Do leeks even have life? Up until this point Julie didn't think onions did, but now she's not so sure.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Lab]

Reinholdt follows Tobias into the dark room. Kind of really creepy in a please don't touch me like that sort of way actually. "Well I'm sure you'd love the latter, only the brain scan is necessary for this, yes?"

"You have no guarantee of my assistance, that I've offered freely anyways. Only the guarantee that if you don't get out of my head you're not going to get anything at all. My previous demand was not a request."

Reinholdt considers thinking more about this, but figures the answer he gave was strong enough if he ended it right there alone.
    Curious.

No concern for his own life at all.

Thoughts of potential tests and the like run through Affidavit's head for a moment, but he swiftly pushes them to one side.

He can ponder things like that later.

...one last question. How can you be so confident that I won't retrieve the data if I kill you? Obviously if I stay put and don't act my creation will either be spotted or you'll tell all...but how am I thwarted by killing you?

Sure, it'd make things more difficult...but when Reinholdt's throwing words like guarantee around, he must have some reason for being so certain, surely?
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Main Cabin - Outside

"'cause the dice tell you if you get good or bad luck for a season. I'll make some for when spring comes, and then I can show you! I just need a good whittling knife, I already have some good bones."

Keo nods. Then they can all have luck! And maybe there will be more snow.
    Oooh. That'd be cool. Brinika nods eagerly. What do you want to do now?

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lab]

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox View Post
    [Lab]

Uhuh. I'm going to scan myself first, to make sure it's working right, and then I'll do your brain. Stay still and try not to touch me.
    Toby takes a deep breath and concentrates. METIS: Power up. Run test scan. A narrow band on one of the walls glows green, partially lighting up the room. If Rein looks closely, he may realize that the walls are covered with millions of tiny druidic runes. The glow comes from a long series of these runes activating, as if Toby is reading a prepared spell off a scroll.
    Rein the player expected something like that. It's still impressive all the same. No wonder Tobias is crazy. Writing all those millions of tiny runes.

Reinholdt whistles a bit. "Very nice."

Quote Originally Posted by Gnrlshrimp View Post
    Curious.

No concern for his own life at all.

Thoughts of potential tests and the like run through Affidavit's head for a moment, but he swiftly pushes them to one side.

He can ponder things like that later.

...one last question. How can you be so confident that I won't retrieve the data if I kill you? Obviously if I stay put and don't act my creation will either be spotted or you'll tell all...but how am I thwarted by killing you?

Sure, it'd make things more difficult...but when Reinholdt's throwing words like guarantee around, he must have some reason for being so certain, surely?
    "When you have enemies like I do, you learn to make contingencies. Just a month ago, I had an assassin after me. Of course, saying what those contingencies are would be telling. I think I'd rather not divulge those secrets."

Then he'd be able to bypass them and everything! That wouldn't be good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Dwarf in the Playground

Main Cabin - Outside

Keo sits down next to Brinka. "Well, I was waiting before. And then I saw you, and I decided to talk to you. And I am! I don't know what to do next. OOH! We could climb a tree! That's always fun!"

Apparently no one told Keo that Brinka is afraid of heights.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Troll in the Playground

[Front Porch]

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    "Well... do you know what Exalted are?"
    Jamie's eyes widen. And she nods emphatically.
    "Of course!"

=====

Main Cabin

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    "Excellent! Hang on a moment, I'll just get ready." Natalie will put her magic book into her red rucksack and take out a pair of trainers and white socks, which she shall put on. The socks don't appear to have been washed in a while, but since Natalie generally goes around barefoot indoors, in trees and in short grass means it's unlikely that they're very smelly.
    Jamie waits paitently by the door for Natalie to complete getting ready.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

19. - Top - End - #259
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Cabin - Outside]

Brinika fidgets uncomfortably. Um, I can't climb trees very well. I can get to the lower branches but not any higher.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Orc in the Playground

Main Cabin

Natalie doesn't take too long; the trainers are slipped on. They have velcro straps, but Natalie doesn't undo them when she takes them off. "Sorry about that. You ready?" Natalie has put her rucksack on.

If Jamie says yes, she'll follow. And they might bump into Keo and Brinika outside the cabin.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

21. - Top - End - #261
    Dwarf in the Playground

Main Cabin - Outside

"Oh? Why not? If you have trouble, maybe I could help you? I'm good at climbing! Ooh, you're so small I might be able to carry you if you really want!"

Not being able to climb trees is as silly as being unable to hunt for your own food, or ambush hunt. That is, Keo doesn't understand that those are not essential life skills here.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Titan in the Playground

[Main Cabin - Outside]

Brinika fidgets some more. Well, I'm really small. And it's kinda scary being so high above ground, she adds in a small voice. Last time, it was only Misaki's goading that made her climb.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    [Front Porch]

Jamie's eyes widen. And she nods emphatically.
    "Of course!"
    "Basically... I Exalted as a Dusk Caste ten years ago."

...there's a lot of disturbing implications in that sentence if you think about it...

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

24. - Top - End - #264
    Dwarf in the Playground

Main Cabin - Outside

Keo looks at Brinka. "Really? It... really?" Keo doesn't quite understand how that would work. If Brinka really doesn't want to, okay... "Well... then... what do you want to do?"

25. - Top - End - #265
    Troll in the Playground

Main Cabin

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Natalie doesn't take too long; the trainers are slipped on. They have velcro straps, but Natalie doesn't undo them when she takes them off. "Sorry about that. You ready?" Natalie has put her rucksack on.

If Jamie says yes, she'll follow. And they might bump into Keo and Brinika outside the cabin.
    Jamie does indeed say yes, and they head out - quite possibly bumping into their friends!

Front Porch - Another timeline]

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    "Basically... I Exalted as a Dusk Caste ten years ago."

...there's a lot of disturbing implications in that sentence if you think about it...
    Jamie's eyes widen.
    "Oh, no! What happened?" she gasps.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ogre in the Playground

Rose grimaces. "Given that the Abyssal Exaltation involves dying, I'm not that eager to talk about it..."

Also, she thinks Jamie's a bit too young.

"...but the implications of that were that I essentially... 'froze' at fifteen physically. Only started aging again five years ago, after I managed to redeem myself from being an Abyssal, and it's been slow in starting up again."
    Last edited by horngeek; 2012-01-29 at 08:40 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Troll in the Playground

[Front Porch]

Considering Jamie's team participated in wiping the floor with a Wyld Hunt once...
    But appearanes are all she has to go by.

"Oh. Well, if you ever do want to talk, I'll listen, ok? And, well, I guess it could be worse, right?

...have you met Miss Shrike? She's a redeemed Abyssal too."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

28. - Top - End - #268
    Ogre in the Playground

"Yes, I have. Gave some advice on her redemption. That was actually a fairly easy one. Maybe because she hadn't been an Abyssal long?

Mine was... rather more involved. It had been building up for a while, I think, but the actual moment came during a day piloting the Daystar."

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Troll in the Playground

"The Daystar? Is that an airship?" Jamie asks Rose, sounding quite curious!

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ogre in the Playground

"It's the sun. Sort of. Think of it as like an artifact linked to and channeling the power of the Unconquered Sun himself."

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.