New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 27 of 136 FirstFirst ... 21718192021222324252627282930313233343536375277127 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #781
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

Crap We maxed out the graph.
    Spoiler
    Show
    by Akirim.elfKickstarter Avatar by Savannah
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Star Wars canon is one of those things where people have started to realize that the guys in charge are so far off their rockers that it's probably for the best to ignore them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Triscuitable View Post

OH GOD THEY'RE COMING! RUN! RUN, TURKISHPROVERB, RUN!

Quote Originally Posted by Maxios View Post
    GENERIC FLAMING COMMENT, POSSIBLY INVOLVING YOUR MOTHER !

2. - Top - End - #782
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    Crap We maxed out the graph.
    I believe that's pronounced "We're off the chart!"
    Last edited by ella ventic; 2012-01-27 at 10:17 AM.

3. - Top - End - #783
    Troll in the Playground

I like the way you think ella.
    Spoiler
    Show
    by Akirim.elfKickstarter Avatar by Savannah
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Star Wars canon is one of those things where people have started to realize that the guys in charge are so far off their rockers that it's probably for the best to ignore them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Triscuitable View Post

OH GOD THEY'RE COMING! RUN! RUN, TURKISHPROVERB, RUN!

Quote Originally Posted by Maxios View Post
    GENERIC FLAMING COMMENT, POSSIBLY INVOLVING YOUR MOTHER !

4. - Top - End - #784
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm contemplating upgrading my $68(+10) pledge to a $192(+37) pledge for the Up to the Split box. The problem is, I already own On the Origin of PCs and Start of Darkness.

I guess I will hold out and see how it develops.
    Quoth the raven, "Polly wants a cracker."

Pony avatar by the Great and Powerful DirtyTabs. Lotsa hugs!

Scourge Caste avatar by the illustrious Akrim.elf. Thank you!

5. - Top - End - #785
    Ettin in the Playground

I still can't wait to see what "Non-book" reward Rich is planning to add or what the potential Mystery Prize 2 will be.

Edit:

And can we stop clogging the thread with copyright bru-haha? It's casting a negative tone on things and it really should be something asked Rich directly and not debated here.
    Last edited by Tanuki Tales; 2012-01-27 at 11:15 AM.

6. - Top - End - #786
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by ella ventic View Post
    I believe that's pronounced "We're off the chart!"
    Here there be dragons.
    From the old nautical charts.

120 hours to raise $191,000
    last 12 hours saw $8,000 raised
    which sees our average cool off to $666.67 from the NCftPB explosion.
    a significant drop of 73.73% from the lofty high but also a 33.33% dropoff from the pre-NCftPB average.

We'll see what the afternoon brings in terms of a more sane representation of data without a NCftPB update.
    Last edited by WampaX; 2012-01-27 at 11:59 AM.
    Let the Yaggle Gakkle-ing begin.
    Beware! Beware!
    All children of the 'ground

7. - Top - End - #787
    Dwarf in the Playground

There are two variables I'm interested in, though:

1) Where will the threshold line be for DStP?
    2) Will there be non-book rewards to boost the pledge numbers well into the DStP realm, or will Rich hold off on those rewards until it really slows down?

8. - Top - End - #788
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomePirate

(Referencing Keith Baker being on the supporter list)

Quote Originally Posted by Kobold-Bard View Post
    Oh My God, he's bought one of the story rewards and picked himself from SoD!!!! His ego has no limits!!![/baselesshysyericalspeculation]
    Now that would be hysterical if true.
    Last edited by DreadPirateDB; 2012-01-27 at 12:27 PM.

9. - Top - End - #789
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

The thread is a bit long to read completely, but i have a question:
    Is there a way to buy the pdf prequel without anything else?
    Last edited by luc258; 2012-01-27 at 12:32 PM.

10. - Top - End - #790
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by DreadPirateDB View Post
    (Referencing Keith Baker being on the supporter list)

Now that would be hysterical if true.
    Timeframe isn't right, unfortunately, as he (if it is the same Keith Baker) became a backer late last night. Which is looooong after the $1250 pledges were snapped up.

Would have been funny though.
    Concluded: The Stick Awards II: Second Edition
    Ongoing: OOTS by Page Count
    Coming Soon: OOTS by Final Post Count II: The Post Counts Always Chart Twice
    Coming Later: The Stick Awards III: The Search for More Votes

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

11. - Top - End - #791
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by luc258 View Post
    Pledge $10 then when you get the questionnaire asking for delivery details etc. there'll be an option to add comments, where you decline getting sent your magnet in favour of just getting the PDFs.
    Last edited by Kobold-Bard; 2012-01-27 at 12:36 PM.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

12. - Top - End - #792
    Titan in the Playground

If you mean "without a magnet", no, Giant addressed that a few pages back and said it is too late to change the kickstart pledges to not include a magnet. He did suggest that when the time comes to give him an address to mail it to, you can put something like "no magnet please" in the address and save him a few dollars on it. But you still need to pledge $10 (note you are pledging, technically not buying) for the pdfs (also note that you're getting the prequel and 4 other stories, at this time).

Hope that helps answer your question; if I have misunderstood you, do let me know.

Grey Wolf
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Ceterum autem censeo Hilgya malefica est

13. - Top - End - #793
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Make a $10 pledge and you get the PDF prequel (+ the other PDF stories that got added as bonuses). If you don't want the fridge magnet, when the drive is over and you get a form asking for your address write in the address field "No fridge magnet for me, thanks". Or just give to a friend.

Mind, you can pledge whatever you want (as long as it is above $10) to get the PDF. Just make sure to select:

PLEDGE $10 OR MORE
    XXXX BACKERS
    A Roy Greenhilt fridge magnet, exclusive to this pledge drive, shipped anywhere in the world. Plus a digital PDF of the original OOTS story, "How the Paladin Got His Scar," when it is completed. (Note: All of the rewards below this include the digital download as well.)
    Estimated Delivery: Apr 2012

And you're all good.

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

14. - Top - End - #794

Quote Originally Posted by Kobold-Bard View Post
    Oh My God, he's bought one of the story rewards and picked himself from SoD!!!! His ego has no limits!!![/baselesshysyericalspeculation]
    A much better story would have him choosing the Rich Baker, the horrible amalgamation that was born in the early days of the Playground that required all 10s of us (at the time) to slay . . . mainly by reading the FAQ and getting Rich's last name correct.

But some say the Rich Baker lurks in the shadows of the site, biding its time, waiting for the perfect moment to erupt back into this world and slay its parental counterparts, taking the names of both and forging the most powerful gaming empire this or any other age has ever seen!

The early mods dealt harshly with those that proffered such preposterous prophecy. We routed the cult enclaves that clung to the name, but in the process I lost my eye and several of the initial mods fell to the foul powers wielded by the agents of the beast.

The times of prosperity that followed saw the rise of new mods to take the call and maintain the peace. Many years have past since those days of war and bloodshed . . . they occasionally still haunt my dreams. But as long as the tale of the Rich Baker is passed from generation to generation and the playground knows to be wary and watchful, the foretold reckoning can be delayed. As long as the last poster on the last day of the playgrounds existence does not forget, the Rich Baker can never win.
    Beware! Beware!

15. - Top - End - #795
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by WampaX View Post
    A much better story would have him choosing the Rich Baker, the horrible amalgamation that was born in the early days of the Playground that required all 10s of us (at the time) to slay . . . mainly by reading the FAQ and getting Rich's last name correct.

But some say the Rich Baker lurks in the shadows of the site, biding its time, waiting for the perfect moment to erupt back into this world and slay its parental counterparts, taking the names of both and forging the most powerful gaming empire this or any other age has ever seen!

The early mods dealt harshly with those that proffered such preposterous prophecy. We routed the cult enclaves that clung to the name, but in the process I lost my eye and several of the initial mods fell to the foul powers wielded by the agents of the beast.

The times of prosperity that followed saw the rise of new mods to take the call and maintain the peace. Many years have past since those days of war and bloodshed . . . they occasionally still haunt my dreams. But as long as the tale of the Rich Baker is passed from generation to generation and the playground knows to be wary and watchful, the foretold reckoning can be delayed. As long as the last poster on the last day of the playgrounds existence does not forget, the Rich Baker can never win.
    Epic.

16. - Top - End - #796
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Turning and turning in the widening gyre,
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer.....

17. - Top - End - #797
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

So, I didn't start keeping track right away, but here are several values of $/backer from the last three days. All times are EST. It's pretty impressive (but not that surprising) how much the $/backer increases as more rewards are added.

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #798
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Thanks for the answers. Impressive numbers on this site, it looks like this will be successful for the Giant.

19. - Top - End - #799
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JGoings63 View Post
    So, I didn't start keeping track right away, but here are several values of $/backer from the last three days.
    Well, you've forced my hand. If you're going to start quoting interesting statistics, I have to register and share what I have. Using the minimum dollar value of each pledge tier, I was able to create this breakdown:

% of Dollars Raised - Group
    10.33% - Magnets and PDF(s) Only
    20.08% - One Book
    21.79% - Two Books
    19.62% - Three Books
    13.96% - Up To The Split
    14.23% - Custom Artwork

(This comes out to 100.01% due to rounding. Percentages are based not on the pledge drive total, but from the sum of (# Backers * Tier Values). This leaves ~$22,000 unaccounted for -- 11.5% of the total. These numbers were calculated 15-20 minutes ago.)

Other interesting metrics:

13.33% - Autographed Books
    45.21% - Pledges Include War & XPs
    11.47% - No Books Other Than War & XPs
    27.31% - From Pledge Tiers Added Thursday (1/26)

I'm fascinated by this last one. Clearly, participation in the last 24 hours has been massive, with one out of every four dollars (re)allocated recently. Personally, I'd love to play around with The Giant's Kickstarter dashboard for even more detailed metrics.

20. - Top - End - #800
    Sheriff in the Playground Administrator

Sheriff of Moddingham: Just a note that about a dozen posts on copyright law have been removed from the thread. Please don't ask for or give legal advice in this Forum. If someone asks the legality of a course of action, answering them is legal advice, even if you preface it with "this isn't legal advice."

Now, back to the merry-making!
    Forum Rules

Sheriff Roland by Chris the Pontifex

21. - Top - End - #801

Quote Originally Posted by Troll Brau View Post
    Epic.
    Beware! Beware!
    The children of the 'ground
    For there walks among you
    A beast t'was bound.
    It slinks and slides
    Between the posts,
    Hiding in plain sight,
    Avoiding all who roast
    each other with words most profound
    Beware! Beware!
    All children of the 'ground.

The introductory verse from the Epic poem chronicling the rise, fall, imprisonment, and aftermath of The Dawn of the Playground: War of the Rich Baker.
    Beware! Beware!

22. - Top - End - #802
    Bugbear in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Beware! Beware!
    The children of the 'ground
    For there walks among you
    A beast t'was bound.
    It slinks and slides
    Between the posts,
    Hiding in plain sight,
    Avoiding all who roast
    each other with words most profound
    Beware! Beware!
    All children of the 'ground.

The introductory verse from the Epic poem chronicling the rise, fall, imprisonment, and aftermath of The Dawn of the Playground: War of the Rich Baker.
    Rich, please take note. If there's another mystery prize in the pledge drive, this is the story I want to read.
    Last edited by Gullintanni; 2012-01-27 at 03:48 PM.

23. - Top - End - #803
    Dwarf in the Playground

Wow! It's at $193,000 exactly!

It's cool to see a nice round number on the screen.

24. - Top - End - #804
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

YAY, War and XP is one of two books I'm missing.
    Once you go scaly, you'll be back daily.

25. - Top - End - #805
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Roland St. Jude View Post
    Sheriff of Moddingham: Just a note that about a dozen posts on copyright law have been removed from the thread. Please don't ask for or give legal advice in this Forum. If someone asks the legality of a course of action, answering them is legal advice, even if you preface it with "this isn't legal advice."

Now, back to the merry-making!
    Did...did my badfic go away?
    Quote Originally Posted by Honest Tiefling View Post
    Attempting to use Iron Heart Surge can often lead to the player removing the 'not being beaten upside the head' condition.
    avatar by me. Extended sig here.

26. - Top - End - #806
    Pixie in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Flame of Anor View Post
    Did...did my badfic go away?
    That must have been a direct answer to my prayers Flame, that was horrifying
    Made me LOL though

27. - Top - End - #807
    Dwarf in the Playground

As the pledge goes on, my paranoia increases. According to Google, $93 is about £60.

Is that number right?

28. - Top - End - #808
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Manga Maniac View Post
    As the pledge goes on, my paranoia increases. According to Google, $93 is about £60.

Is that number right?
    As of right now, it is approximately that, yes (I'm getting 59.1243 GBP as of 2012-01-27 22:36 UTC)

Grey Wolf
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Ceterum autem censeo Hilgya malefica est

29. - Top - End - #809
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Manga Maniac View Post

Is that number right?
    So it would seem. Why so paranoid? About what?
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

30. - Top - End - #810
    Dwarf in the Playground

@above: $93 is my current pledge ($83 + $10 shipping). Want to make sure I can, y'know, actually pay for it.

Not helping it is that I think my debit card people take a bit of money for every purchase I make.