New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 136 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819203560110 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Halfling in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

Quote Originally Posted by Balain View Post
    2nd milestone reached in 2 days give or take a bit! Woot. Oh and the $5,000 pledge is now gone.
    Nooo. I was on the process of convincing her =( And by the way, full prin of war and xp is a go!!!

"May Roy find a True Ressurrect spell"

2. - Top - End - #272
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

Out of interest, what's it going to cost to ship a fridge magnet to the UK? Don't want most of my donation disappearing into the pockets of the post office...

3. - Top - End - #273
    Dwarf in the Playground

Well, the Snips, snails and dragon tales combo-package just freed up my autographed copy of WaXPs, so... get your credit card and be quick

Edit: Aaand... it's already gone. Should've seen that coming
    Last edited by Firemeier; 2012-01-24 at 03:01 AM.
    Not if my index finger has anything to say about it. And, as it turned out, it had quite the stirring dissertation prepared on that very subject.

Many thanks to half-halfling for the Spanish Inquisition avatar

4. - Top - End - #274

OldWizardGuy

Hmmm I have a question though that I did not realize before. I was at the $60 level, and moved to the $96 one. Does it "free" my previous pledge so other users can get it?

"May Roy find a True Ressurrect spell"

5. - Top - End - #275
    Giant in the Playground Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by YohanLeafheart View Post
    Hmmm I have a question though that I did not realize before. I was at the $60 level, and moved to the $96 one. Does it "free" my previous pledge so other users can get it?
    Yes, but someone already grabbed it. And now the SSaDT signed level is almost gone, so if anyone wants that, don't hesitate.

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    Out of interest, what's it going to cost to ship a fridge magnet to the UK? Don't want most of my donation disappearing into the pockets of the post office...
    $1.05, plus $0.50 to cover both the cost of the envelope and the paycheck of the person who's job it is to stuff it in said envelope.
    Rich Burlew

Now Available: 2023 OOTS Holiday Ornament plus a big pile of new t-shirt designs (that you can also get on mugs and stuff)!

~~You can also support The Order of the Stick and the GITP forum at Patreon.~~

6. - Top - End - #276
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Congrats on reaching the second goal as well.
    A full fun of War and XPs.

Mr. Giant, Sir?
    This drive moves so quickly that even your fast updates becomes outdated while you write them :D

Cheers for this great community. Let us not stop now

7. - Top - End - #277
    Barbarian in the Playground

Congrats! Don't stop believing! We can make the next level, let's make this the biggest drive for a comic on Kickstarter!

8. - Top - End - #278

BarbarianGuy

$80,000 already. I so want to get on the band wagon but need to wait till the end of the week.

9. - Top - End - #279

We totally need to blow all the goals and reprint the Paladin Blues as well.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Balain View Post
    $80,000 already. I so want to get on the band wagon but need to wait till the end of the week.
    This isn't so much a bandwagon, more of a Colossal-sized Steam Powered Juggernaut.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Choco View Post
    Since this kickstarter seems to have succeeded spectacularly, how about this for the next one:

Make a kickstarter to get a better forum server!
    But everyone already has he books now. I'm sure there probably would be enough people willing to buy sketches etc. but I don't picture it doing anywhere near as well a second time.

Also: ! Someone bought the 5k OotS cameo. I wonder who it was.

@Giant:
    I'm currently pledged for signed W&XP and DStP. How much do I add to add an unsigned (since the signed have sold out) copy of Snips to that?

Edit: That said, since you're signing 2/3 of the books coming my way anyway, if you feel like signing one more before sticking it in the envelope I'd pay the signed cost.

Edit2: Since unlike W&XP, Snips is limited stock, if I add the cost of it
    To my DStP pledge ad then all the Snips
    Pledges go, would I be guaranteed the book, since that would put the number to be delivered higher than the number offered.
    Last edited by Kobold-Bard; 2012-01-24 at 05:52 AM.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Ogre in the Playground

Pah, missed the crayons and the new signed options - darn bank for being so secure and slow. Well, I'll just wait and see if there is any other high-level rewards added later on that I fancy.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

Amazing progress on this thing!

What are the odds of seeing a package of all the books (or at least all the books getting reprinted + the ones still in stock) being added (not signed)? Since i live in Europe it would be nice to be able to pledge without having to pay the shipping cost twice for the books not part of any packages :)

14. - Top - End - #284
    Pixie in the Playground

RangerGuy

I usually only check the site once a week nowadays due to the update schedule and only saw this today and the 2 best options for me are gone.
    I really don't have any use for extra copies of the books, I have all 7 already, but a signed copy at a reasonable price was interesting. Too bad they are all sold out.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Sorry, Kickstarter controls the means of payment, and they only accept Amazon payments.
    I need to second Arin's implied wish. I would like to support the reprinting project (and, honestly, get the Roy magnet) but I will not give Amazon my contact information. Last time they had current information for me - given to them by a relative who bought me a gift certificate one Christmas - they ... let's say "abused the privilege." Their behavior was extremely unethical; it took months and ultimately the threat of intervention by my Attorney General to get them to stop. Is there definitely no way we can contribute directly?

16. - Top - End - #286
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Yep, as I suspected yesterday when I got off work today the last of the $250 incentives had been grabbed; The goal for a full print run is well past and further incentives had already been grabbed as well. I may want to create a second Amazon account just to be ready for future incentives, we still have 28 days to go and there is less than $14,000 to get a full print of Origins. I'd say Haley could put a down payment on some +10 bracers. To those generious people who got the $1250 and $5000 slots congratulations and I'm envious, but at least we will get to share in your good fortune when the extra comics are released.
    "One useless man is called a disgrace, two are called a law firm and three or more become a congress."
    John Adams (lawyer, congressman, 2nd President of the USA)
    I participated!
    Typical of a non-spellcaster to think so linearly............But it's a line.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Ettin in the Playground

Ummm, Rich? I think you're going to need a bigger target than $96,000 at this rate.....

18. - Top - End - #288
    Colossus in the Playground

Wow, someone took the grand prize. Lucky them! Say, when they do show up, will you tell us?

19. - Top - End - #289
    Surgebinder in the Playground Moderator

Less than $5000 to go until Origin joins the rewards. So... should be there today. And then we'll get another surge from people pledging for that.
    Like 4X (aka Civilization-like) gaming? Know programming? Interested in game development? Take a look.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Saberhagen's Twelve Swords, some homebrew artifacts for 3.5 (please comment)
    Isstinen Tonche for ECL 74 playtesting.
    Team Solars: Powergaming beyond your wildest imagining, without infinite loops or epic. Yes, the DM asked for it.
    Arcane Swordsage: Making it actually work (homebrew)

20. - Top - End - #290
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant at Kickstarter
    Problem is, we ran out of copies sometime in 2010. That means that many readers (especially those who only discovered the comic in the last two years) have had no opportunity to get it. Because it's such a long book (288 full color pages, the longest OOTS book yet), the cost of a second print run has been too high for me to raise on my own. Readers ask me every week when it will be available again, and thanks to Kickstarter, I now have an answer: Now (or never)
    It's definitely now.
    Nothing to see here, move along.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Banned

I contributed.

What I find a tad odd is that many of the higher-tier rewards are D&D-related (draw your character/party) while Rich stated several times he wants to move away from just that.

22. - Top - End - #292

Wow, 28 days left and we have already made the goal.
    Illud quod aeternitatem iacere potest non mortuus est, ac dis peregrinis etiam mors moriatur.

D&D 3.5≠Pathfinder

Typhon by Kaptainkrutch. Thanks to TylerB7 for the latin

23. - Top - End - #293
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Oh, I am sure Giant will allow the character even if it is made in HackMaster, GURPS, RuneQuest, MERP, any D20 etc.
    (Not 4E though :p )

As long as the character is fantasy(ish) it will work.
    (Though I am sure Giant can make a Paranoia, Toons, Buck Rogers, Star Wars, Star Trek etc. work as well)

24. - Top - End - #294
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MurkyMajare View Post
    Oh, I am sure Giant will allow the character even if it is made in HackMaster, GURPS, RuneQuest, MERP, any D20 etc.
    (Not 4E though :p )

As long as the character is fantasy(ish) it will work.
    (Though I am sure Giant can make a Paranoia, Toons, Buck Rogers, Star Wars, Star Trek etc. work as well)
    Hrrmpf... think further. What I found odd is: I bet a lot of people here are not even from a roleplaying background.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ancalagon View Post
    I contributed.

What I find a tad odd is that many of the higher-tier rewards are D&D-related (draw your character/party) while Rich stated several times he wants to move away from just that.
    OotS might be more story focussed than D&D jokes, but that doesn't mean the audience aren't still RPG enthusiasts. So Giant-drawn pictures of a character you've created (and with the money they're willing to pay, probably invested a fair amount of feeling into) is pretty cool to have.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

26. - Top - End - #296
    Pixie in the Playground

This is ridiculously exciting, because I just checked my bookshelf and learned I mysteriously don't have War and XPs. How do I have all the rest, and not that one? No idea, but this needs immediate fixing.

In case this hasn't been mentioned, I'd love to see news updates like this in the RSS feed - if I hadn't happened to notice the banner under the comic, I'd have never known about this, and that would make me (hypothetically) sad.

The idea of Roy guarding my refrigerator makes me irrationally happy. \o/
    Do not meddle in the affairs of sysadmins, for they are quick to anger, and have no need for subtlety.

I will bathe in your blood with lavander bath gel and a good loofa!

27. - Top - End - #297
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Not necessarily. But since the crayon drawings are only for the people who pay for them, it doesn't really matter if they're similar to each other. That said, I rarely bother drawing the exact same thing twice.

Whether or not they are shared will be up to the people who pay for them. They won't be included in the PDF.
    Will you personally keep a PDF of each drawing incase the "less technically inclined" recipients want to share but cant figure out how?

28. - Top - End - #298
    Dwarf in the Playground

We are less than $2,000 away from having the On the Origins of PCs rewards added, and I for one am ready to up my pledge to get copies of those books as well. Here's hoping we'll blow past that level to get No Cure for the Paladin Blues back in print.
    Awesome avatar courtesy Cealocanth.

Spoiler
    Show
    it's a crab and a cancer... just ask the zodiac...
    At the end of the KICKSTARTER pledge drive the number of unclaimed signed packages was 69 ! It's like my signature knew all along...

29. - Top - End - #299
    Banned

I just upgraded my pledge. I have no real interest in getting the books reprinted as I already have them but I'd like to help Rich and also felt that the initial 10$ were too slim for the "lots of" extra pdfs we are now getting.

I actually see this more as "I buy some OotS-pdf-extras".
    Last edited by Ancalagon; 2012-01-24 at 10:02 AM.

30. - Top - End - #300

Pledged! And add me to the list of people who want to see Paladin Blues added to the reprint list!!