New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #3301
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

About the credit card issues:

Let's hope Visa knwos what they are talking about:
    Quote Originally Posted by VISA
    The most secure way to shop online with 3V Prepaid VISA Vouchers, everywhere VISA is accepted, without the need of a credit card.
    In short, if not accepted I am unable to pledge
    “Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
    The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
    Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
    The frumious Bandersnatch!”

Lewis Carroll

2. - Top - End - #3302
    Halfling in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

Because I don't want to screw this up and I assume I am going to fulfill at least one person's "I'm a Helper!" gene:

If I order the:
    Full set of Books ($222)
    Commemorative Patch ($4)
    Sticky Shtick Cards ($6)
    Extra Coloring Book ($5)

but pay $250, I get:

Full Set of Books
    Commemorative Patch
    Sticky Shtick Cards
    Roy Greenhilt Magnet
    3 Coloring Books
    2 Hitpoint Pads
    2 Sets of Stickers
    1 Art Print (This is what I worry over, because I see it on the chart, but I can't find where he say it in text)

3. - Top - End - #3303
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dr._Demento View Post
    Because I don't want to screw this up and I assume I am going to fulfill at least one person's "I'm a Helper!" gene:

If I order the:
    Full set of Books ($222)
    Commemorative Patch ($4)
    Sticky Shtick Cards ($6)
    Extra Coloring Book ($5)

but pay $250, I get:

Full Set of Books
    Commemorative Patch
    Sticky Shtick Cards
    Roy Greenhilt Magnet
    3 Coloring Books
    2 Hitpoint Pads
    2 Sets of Stickers
    1 Art Print (This is what I worry over, because I see it on the chart, but I can't find where he say it in text)
    Here's your answer from Update #6:

But don't worry if you want to a bunch of books and the print, because we're including one free for every pledge above $250.
    Wind & Sound Elemental Eric Greenhilt avatar by Akrim.elf
    Bodyguard in Lix's Harem
    Ninja-Pirate of BvS's Privateer village! Come and join me!
    My Extended Signature
    My Pokemon!

4. - Top - End - #3304

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Crisis21 View Post
    Best make it $251 to be sure. (Sneaky Rich hid it on the second page)

5. - Top - End - #3305
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I might send a message just to be sure that he's looking at amount pledged and not reward selected (or pledge $252 just in case he is indeed only checking reward selected; that's how much it'd be if you paid the $15 add-on cost for the print).

6. - Top - End - #3306

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Sorator View Post
    I might send a message just to be sure that he's looking at amount pledged and not reward selected (or pledge $252 just in case he is indeed only checking reward selected; that's how much it'd be if you paid the $15 add-on cost for the print).
    but then I am not cleverly saving money!

7. - Top - End - #3307
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Folks, it's 250 and above. No need to do 251 or 252. Rich has already said as much in numerous places.
    Concluded: The Stick Awards II: Second Edition
    Ongoing: OOTS by Page Count
    Coming Soon: OOTS by Final Post Count II: The Post Counts Always Chart Twice
    Coming Later: The Stick Awards III: The Search for More Votes

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

8. - Top - End - #3308

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Porthos View Post
    Folks, it's 250 and above. No need to do 251 or 252. Rich has already said as much in numerous places.
    Well crud, now I have to make a second pledge of $251 to go with my $250 pledge just to get a free art print!

Unless I am just willfully misinterpreting you...

Meh

9. - Top - End - #3309
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Skavensrule View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat
    I hate fish.
    Your cats would probably disagree with you about that.
    : "No, MoonCat. You like fish. Why won't you see?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Honest Tiefling View Post
    Attempting to use Iron Heart Surge can often lead to the player removing the 'not being beaten upside the head' condition.
    avatar by me. Extended sig here.

10. - Top - End - #3310
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Star View Post
    Darn. Looks like the kickstarter has seriously slowed down, although still going faster then most people would belive. Rich needs to update again to rekindle interest, or we'll never make it to 2000%!
    Well. We're already at 1800%, and we know an update is coming, and currently it's night in North America, and Kickstarters usually have pretty good last days.

Nope, 2000% is in the bag. The question still is, can we beat the elevated dock?

11. - Top - End - #3311
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Unless I am just willfully misinterpreting you...

Meh
    I certainly hope that is what you are doing. But in case you are not, if you pledge $250 total, you are getting a free print. Even if you did select a $222 reward.

Might want to mention it on the survey you'll get just to be sure, mind. Might as well, since you have to list the extras your getting there anyways...
    Concluded: The Stick Awards II: Second Edition
    Ongoing: OOTS by Page Count
    Coming Soon: OOTS by Final Post Count II: The Post Counts Always Chart Twice
    Coming Later: The Stick Awards III: The Search for More Votes

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

12. - Top - End - #3312
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by see View Post
    Well. We're already at 1800%, and we know an update is coming, and currently it's night in North America, and Kickstarters usually have pretty good last days.

Nope, 2000% is in the bag. The question still is, can we beat the elevated dock?
    We'd need to average $13,084.44/hr from now until the end of the drive to do it.
    Wind & Sound Elemental Eric Greenhilt avatar by Akrim.elf
    Bodyguard in Lix's Harem
    Ninja-Pirate of BvS's Privateer village! Come and join me!
    My Extended Signature
    My Pokemon!

13. - Top - End - #3313
    Pixie in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Troll Brau View Post
    All I will say is that I agree that it is odd that Amazon, as a major website, doesn't accept Paypal when so much of the internet does.

But enough negative vibes and arguing people! We broke 1,000,000 dollars gorram it! That's gorram insane and amazing!
    Paypal are owned by ebay - a huge rival of Amazons - Amazon are not going to help their rival grow and get even more traction behind their payment system

14. - Top - End - #3314
    Pixie in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kobold-Bard View Post
    I could easily be wrong about this, but isn't that because most of the internet don't have their own internal payment system because it's far too much hassle. over Since Amazon does have one which they have total control over rather than relying on something else like Paypal, I'd say it'd be weird for them to use Paypal.

They really should sort out whatever Amazon.de's issue with non-credit cards is though.
    they would also need to pay Paypal about 3% of the transaction - so if that was the case people using paypal would be paying Kickstarter 3%, Amazon 3% and paypal 3%

(roughly)

15. - Top - End - #3315
    Ogre in the Playground

*Twiddles thumbs for update 26*
    ^~Cody T.~^

"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo

16. - Top - End - #3316
    Pixie in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Crisis21 View Post
    I've paid 259 for all 7 books plus international shipping - I assume I'll get the print?

17. - Top - End - #3317

BardGuy

Here is a picture taken from my cell phone of the last update chart.

My Monitor is 24 inches mounted sideways at a resolution of 1920 by 1080 and I still had to hit F11 to get the entire chart in

Last edited by psijac; 2012-02-20 at 04:19 AM.

18. - Top - End - #3318

NecromancerGuy

Congratulations everyone on reaching:

$100000000000000000000

Achievement Unlocked: Binary Beast
    Last edited by Dr._Demento; 2012-02-20 at 04:24 AM.

19. - Top - End - #3319
    Orc in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by el-pietro View Post
    I've paid 259 for all 7 books plus international shipping - I assume I'll get the print?
    You will.

:)

20. - Top - End - #3320

BardGuy

I selected the $25 pledge set my total to $65 I wanted to add the patch and Origins of PC book do I need to email Rich to let him no or will I be asked once the drive is over?

21. - Top - End - #3321
    Pixie in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieMaster View Post
    Well, the next natural goal is, of course, $1,155,000, because that would represent 2000% funding. It seems incredibly unlikely to get to that, since we would need about $115,000 in the next 34 hours or so. Of course, it's seemed "unlikely" that we would get to several goals so far, and we've smashed through them all, so who knows...
    Well, on the way to 2000% we can hit original goal of $57,750 + $1M, so that'd make the next goal to be hit:

$1,057,750

So, $7,384 to hit the + $1M goal!

22. - Top - End - #3322
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Congratulations everyone on reaching:

$100000000000000000000
    Mmmm. What's so special about 10^10100?

23. - Top - End - #3323

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by see View Post
    Mmmm. What's so special about 10^10100?
    It is a nice round number! Lots of zeros, one one.

I like your style though.

24. - Top - End - #3324
    Ogre in the Playground

Assuming Rich doesn't put up 50 $10,000 pledges that sell out or anything similar, I think the last natural (as in not set by Rich) line we can reach is 2000% (20 times) original target funding, namely $1,155,000, which we are Roughly $102,900 away from. Let's go for it!
    "They couldn't know that the points from the mainline to the siding were frozen, and the signal should have been set at 'DANGER', but snow had forced it down."
    - The Flying Kipper

25. - Top - End - #3325
    Barbarian in the Playground

I assume it does, but does the $94 box include the option of adding DStP?

It doesn't include it in the descriptive text, but I assume that's just because it hadn't been released as a prize at the time the reward was created.

If it does, it'd be the perfect option for me (considering I have SoD and SSaDT and am thinking (not finalised yet; my common sense may yet triumph) of upping my pledge to get the rest of the books.

So if anyone has seen the Word of God on the subject, it'd be greatly apreciated .

[edit] D'oh . My question was specifically answered in the text. My fault.
    Last edited by fergo; 2012-02-20 at 07:05 AM.

26. - Top - End - #3326
    Pixie in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by RMS Oceanic View Post
    Assuming Rich doesn't put up 50 $10,000 pledges that sell out or anything similar, I think the last natural (as in not set by Rich) line we can reach is 2000% (20 times) original target funding, namely $1,155,000, which we are Roughly $102,900 away from. Let's go for it!
    The spreadsheet has a final projection of $1,099,132, which would be $56,000 short of 2000%.

On another note, we're now $997 short of the +$1M...

27. - Top - End - #3327
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by psijac View Post
    I selected the $25 pledge set my total to $65 I wanted to add the patch and Origins of PC book do I need to email Rich to let him no KNOW or will I be asked once the drive is over?
    There is no need to email rich. You'll be contacted at the end of the drive with an email survey. That is where you will put in your mailing address and list all the extras you paid extra for.

28. - Top - End - #3328

MindFlayer

BTW,

Achievement Unlocked: Overkill (Original goal exceeded by $1 Million)

So what's the next goal? I'm sure 1.1 is doable with 27 hours left.
    Last edited by Smolder; 2012-02-20 at 08:57 AM.

29. - Top - End - #3329

Quote Originally Posted by Smolder View Post
    BTW,

Wow . That didn't take long, did it?

30. - Top - End - #3330
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Smolder View Post
    BTW,

2000% would probably be a good idea.