New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #3481
    Barbarian in the Playground

Imp

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

Quote Originally Posted by Kobold-Bard View Post
    Yes, after the drive is over the books are going onto Ookoodook & to assorted tabletop games retailers around the world.

Except Snips, Snails & Dragon Tails, which will probably be out of stock by the end of the drive and isn't being reprinted.
    Oh god I hope not, I can't afford to pick it up during the drive and I still want it :S

2. - Top - End - #3482
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

I just upped my pledge a bit to help with the push toward seasonal miniatures. When you read this, you should forget that you need to eat and go add $2 to your pledge.

3. - Top - End - #3483
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by McNum View Post
    There's another line to hunt, can we beat 2000% funding? (Look at that number, by the way... 2000% funding! That's a crazy number!)
    Cool as it will be to reach that goal, don't be too impressed by the 2000% figure. That's simply because of the initial figure Rich listed that he was looking for, and nothing else.

He has said that he had set it so low because he was afraid the kickstarter wouldn't work, and he wished he had set it higher. If it was say $100,000 then we would have only just reached 1100% funding. If instead, he had set the initial goal as $10,000, we would now be at 110,000% funding. See what I mean - it's pretty meaningless :-)

A MILLION bucks though, that's incredibly meaningful as contributions to a comic that we can all read for free on the internet anyway.

4. - Top - End - #3484
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieMaster View Post
    Cool as it will be to reach that goal, don't be too impressed by the 2000% figure. That's simply because of the initial figure Rich listed that he was looking for, and nothing else.

He has said that he had set it so low because he was afraid the kickstarter wouldn't work, and he wished he had set it higher. If it was say $100,000 then we would have only just reached 1100% funding. If instead, he had set the initial goal as $10,000, we would now be at 110,000% funding. See what I mean - it's pretty meaningless :-)

A MILLION bucks though, that's incredibly meaningful as contributions to a comic that we can all read for free on the internet anyway.
    Yes, but it doesn't change that he asked for $57,750 and we're at $1.1 million and counting. But you're right. It's that it cracked the million that caught people's attention.

5. - Top - End - #3485
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Orran View Post
    Oh god I hope not, I can't afford to pick it up during the drive and I still want it :S
    IIRC the Giant said he had enough stock to cover everyone who orders through the pledge drive, but copies on Oookoodook would be thin on the ground after that. Fingers crossed for you.

Also: Upped my pledge by $2. I want those minis.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

6. - Top - End - #3486
    Pixie in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

1. Please spoiler to avoid screen stretching.

2. Is that real? It seems improbable that the pledges would land so precisely.
    They were recording it second by second, but they also said they used a ticker to stop it at the right point in order to show the 1s.

In other words, the number was hit at that point, but it didn't stop there except on the ticker.

7. - Top - End - #3487
    Troll in the Playground

I've noticed that most of the rewards that specify SSaDT now have a limited number next to it. Now those numbers haven't been reached YET, so you may be in luck.

8. - Top - End - #3488
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Forbiddenwar View Post
    I've noticed that most of the rewards that specify SSaDT now have a limited number next to it. Now those numbers haven't been reached YET, so you may be in luck.
    I'm counting on that "any book" means "ANY book" for the $25+30 art pledge. I have them all except SSaDT.

9. - Top - End - #3489
    Troll in the Playground

I'm counting on that "any book" means "ANY book" for the $25+30 art pledge. I have them all except SSaDT.
    It does. He said so early in this thread.

There are 7 left of the signed print only special! get them while you can!
    Last edited by Forbiddenwar; 2012-02-20 at 06:51 PM.

10. - Top - End - #3490
    Pixie in the Playground

RogueGirl

Finally managed to make my pledge~ <3

11. - Top - End - #3491
    Ogre in the Playground

I think it's funny that a lot of people are taking note of this, frankly, outstanding Kickstarter result, yet a lot of them, even Forbes, miss one crucial thing that the Giant has been doing all the way through the pledge and is still doing right now. He's making it into a game. A game you can only play by pledging even more money. And that is just sheer brilliance.

Look at this thread as evidence. Each new goal pops up and we go into a frenzy trying to hit it. I'm not immune either, I would probably be a level or two lower if it hadn't been for this. I most likely wouldn't have registered to the forums either. And we're still at it. There's another line to hunt, can we beat 2000% funding? (Look at that number, by the way... 2000% funding! That's a crazy number!)

I'm impressed. The Giant is, perhaps intentionally, perhaps not, giving a masterclass in using game aspects outside games. Shouldn't be surprising, really, he's not just a great webcomic artist, he's also a game designer. That and he's so playing to the audience. A lot of us here like games. And swag. The tiered rewards is a great idea, too. I'm not sure if turning it into a game will work for all projects, I suspect it might not, but for this particular one, it's perfect.
    This is a very true point. The Giant has posted a new update with new goodies almost every single day. What other project has that kind of dedication? Double Fine certainly doesn't, despite the money it's pulled in. The fact is that this drive has essentially been multiple drives, piled one on top of the next, with more bonuses and rewards flowing in a constant stream. I think that for more projects to receive the same levels of enthusiasm that this drive has, the creators of the drive need to devote the same levels of support and enthusiasm that Rich has.

Also, now we're at 16 hours with $2099.25 per hour to reach 2000%

12. - Top - End - #3492
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Why do we have 2 $14 pledges that do the same thing, but only one of them limited?

13. - Top - End - #3493
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MaximKat View Post
    Why do we have 2 $14 pledges that do the same thing, but only one of them limited?
    That is a good question, since I'm led to believe that there can't be multiple pledges for the same amount.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew

14. - Top - End - #3494
    Troll in the Playground

Some people thought the 1 $14 pledge was for the brokeass Student special, only unlimited and with a second magnet.
    as above and a second magnet.
    in otherwords, someone tried to game the system, so Rich locked the first one he wrote and wrote a new one.
    Last edited by Forbiddenwar; 2012-02-20 at 07:23 PM.

15. - Top - End - #3495
    Bugbear in the Playground

That is a good question, since I'm led to believe that there can't be multiple pledges for the same amount.
    I think it's because of the 'Broke-Ass Student' reward. The original pledge says 'as above', which could be misinterpreted as now including the 'Broke-Ass Student' reward when it is only two magnets and the digital downloads.

Edit: Ninja'd
    Last edited by Crisis21; 2012-02-20 at 07:23 PM.
    Wind & Sound Elemental Eric Greenhilt avatar by Akrim.elf
    Bodyguard in Lix's Harem
    Ninja-Pirate of BvS's Privateer village! Come and join me!
    My Extended Signature
    My Pokemon!

16. - Top - End - #3496
    Firbolg in the Playground

I think it's funny that a lot of people are taking note of this, frankly, outstanding Kickstarter result, yet a lot of them, even Forbes, miss one crucial thing that the Giant has been doing all the way through the pledge and is still doing right now. He's making it into a game. A game you can only play by pledging even more money. And that is just sheer brilliance.

Look at this thread as evidence. Each new goal pops up and we go into a frenzy trying to hit it. I'm not immune either, I would probably be a level or two lower if it hadn't been for this. I most likely wouldn't have registered to the forums either. And we're still at it. There's another line to hunt, can we beat 2000% funding? (Look at that number, by the way... 2000% funding! That's a crazy number!)

I'm impressed. The Giant is, perhaps intentionally, perhaps not, giving a masterclass in using game aspects outside games. Shouldn't be surprising, really, he's not just a great webcomic artist, he's also a game designer. That and he's so playing to the audience. A lot of us here like games. And swag. The tiered rewards is a great idea, too. I'm not sure if turning it into a game will work for all projects, I suspect it might not, but for this particular one, it's perfect.
    He's making it into a game. Very true. May I also add, he's making it into a comic as well. Complete with suspense and humor in the pure OOTS style. With nearly 1 update a day, in addition to the regular comic, which got speeded up to (very nearly) 1 update a day too ! And that comes on top of organizing for new rewards on a near-daily basis as well.

So, it's not just great ideas, guys. It's damn hard work too.

As said a famous poet from my good ol' home country, "sans travail, le talent n'est rien qu'une sale manie" (without work, talent is nothing more than a dirty habit).

17. - Top - End - #3497
    Pixie in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

I'm betting we hit $1,140,000 by 8 am GMT (3 am EST)
    Last edited by el-pietro; 2012-02-20 at 07:26 PM.

18. - Top - End - #3498
    Colossus in the Playground

Technically as above refers to the broke student special instead of the $10 dollar pledge it should be referring to. So Rich limited the first 14 and made a new one with the info it should have
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

19. - Top - End - #3499
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

If you read the original $14 pledge prior to the new $11 pledge, it made sense. With teh creation of the $11 pledge, the unlimited Broke-ass Student awards were a possibility.

New $14 pledge fixes that loophole.

Apparently some enterprising Kistarter-ite fixed that for the Giant since he himself could not create the new level.

EDIT:
    friggin' poetry hungry ninjas.
    Last edited by WampaX; 2012-02-20 at 07:27 PM.
    Let the Yaggle Gakkle-ing begin.
    Beware! Beware!
    All children of the 'ground

20. - Top - End - #3500
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Roughly 967/hour needed now.

21. - Top - End - #3501
    Halfling in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeIncluded View Post
    According to Kickstarter, if something happens with the credit card, you've got a week after the drive ends to fix it.
    Seriously? That is a bloody awesome news. I just checked on kickstarter to confirm, indeed, 7 days to solve any issues.

http://www.kickstarter.com/help/faq/...sDeclWhatDoIDo

I'm relieved.

"May Roy find a True Ressurrect spell"

22. - Top - End - #3502
    Titan in the Playground

Ok I just upped my pledge to a nice round $200, with the express purpose of getting those extra minis.

If I don't get them I'm going to be very disappointed in all of you. So get cracking.

23. - Top - End - #3503
    Firbolg in the Playground

Graded PE lessons?
    Ugh, yes. Graded. Where failing means repeating the damn thing all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by honigmuffin View Post
    Urgh, that sucks. (We did nothing but play volleyball in PE. I'm terrible at volleyball; I caught the ball with my nose at least once every game. Yeah, I'm not a big fan of PE. )

I'll think of you during the last minutes of the drive. Promise
    We have to run around in circles, run down to the ocean and back, and weight lift.

Woo, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by WampaX View Post
    I'm sure someone is taking up my suggestion to craft a digital scrapbook, so the final moments will be well documented.
    Awesome.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #3504
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

They may be going slowly, but they ARE going surely...

PLEDGE $675 OR MORE
    8 BACKERS • Limited Reward (2 of 10 remaining)
    PATIENCE for YOUR D&D PARTY: An original full-color crayon drawing of your D&D party (or party from another RPG, up to 6 characters) based on your descriptions, made and signed by Rich Burlew and shipped anywhere in the world, plus six Roy Greenhilt magnets, six of all the other free stuff, six art prints, six patches, and one copy of the Sticky Shticks expansion. No books or games added (no exceptions). (Canada/Mexico orders, please add $22 extra to your pledge to cover shipping; international orders, add $37.) PLEASE NOTE DELIVERY DATE: This package will not ship until all other orders have been fulfilled!
    Estimated Delivery: Dec 2012

So if people are still negotiating it with their gaming buddies, better make decisions quick.
    Concluded: The Stick Awards II: Second Edition
    Ongoing: OOTS by Page Count
    Coming Soon: OOTS by Final Post Count II: The Post Counts Always Chart Twice
    Coming Later: The Stick Awards III: The Search for More Votes

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

25. - Top - End - #3505

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by WampaX View Post
    Apparently some enterprising Kistarter-ite fixed that for the Giant since he himself could not create the new level.
    My fianceč says I'm obsessed with the drive. I told her she should be glad I didn't assault the wedding fund to buy the cameo.

"May Roy find a True Ressurrect spell"

26. - Top - End - #3506
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by YohanLeafheart View Post
    My fianceč says I'm obsessed with the drive. I told her she should be glad I didn't assault the wedding fund to buy the cameo.
    but that would have been a wonderful wedding gift!

Edit:
    Porthos 2 minutes ago

Introducing Stat Block - SUPER SIZED! :D
    ===
    As of 5pm PST:
    13454 backers - $1,128,531 raised so far - 16 hours left in drive.
    $7,285 raised in the last hour.
    ---------
    $717 per hour from here on out to unlock Monster For All Seasons.
    $12,285 needed from here on out to unlock Monster For All Seasons.
    ---------
    $1,655 per hour from here on out to reach 2000% funding.
    $26,469 needed from here on out to reach 2000% funding.
    ---------
    $4,467 per hour to have Rich add TWO extra strips for OOTS Everyday Encore.
    ---------
    $1,604 raised per hour so far.
    $4,265 raised per hour in the last 53.5 hours.
    Ha! found you! Now I'll go hide.
    (i believe the kickstarter constant refresh has made me giddy and possibly insane.
    Last edited by Forbiddenwar; 2012-02-20 at 08:05 PM.

27. - Top - End - #3507
    Ogre in the Playground

With 15 hours to go it's down to $1744 an hour!

28. - Top - End - #3508
    Ettin in the Playground

Since Rich probably won't get to me in time...

I got the 295 package and let him know I don't want SS&DT so that other folks could get it.

He told me SS&DT was worth $22.

So if I want to get an extra coloring book and 9 patches, I'd need to up my pledge by at least 19 dollars, right?

29. - Top - End - #3509

HalflingPirate

Quote Originally Posted by Troll Brau View Post
    Since Rich probably won't get to me in time...

I got the 295 package and let him know I don't want SS&DT so that other folks could get it.

He told me SS&DT was worth $22.

So if I want to get an extra coloring book and 9 patches, I'd need to up my pledge by at least 19 dollars, right?
    Assuming Rich is cool with the subtracting $22 for SS&DT, then yes, $5 + 9x$4 = $41 - $22 = $19. So total pledge $314 assuming no postage.

30. - Top - End - #3510
    Troll in the Playground

Oh man, when I first saw this update, I thought the Monster for All Seasons was at 1,400,000. I thought it was going to be tough to make that. But looking at it again, it's only 1,140,000, so we're almost there. Yay!
    Thanks to Elrond for the Vash avatar.