New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #3571
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

Quote Originally Posted by Whiffet View Post
    I'm pretty sure you don't. I could be wrong and Porthos could be right, though.
    Rich has confirmed, I believe it's buried somewhere in one of the comment threads for the Updates, that shipping counts toward the $250 goal.

Basically, if you pledge $250 and the print would be sent in a package whose contents won't ruin it, you get one.

Can't say I really want to waste 15 minutes searching for it, though.
    Last edited by Porthos; 2012-02-21 at 12:50 AM.
    Concluded: The Stick Awards II: Second Edition
    Ongoing: OOTS by Page Count
    Coming Soon: OOTS by Final Post Count II: The Post Counts Always Chart Twice
    Coming Later: The Stick Awards III: The Search for More Votes

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

2. - Top - End - #3572
    Halfling in the Playground

HalflingPirate

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

Quote Originally Posted by Whiffet View Post
    I'm pretty sure you don't. I could be wrong and Porthos could be right, though.
    Going back to Update #14, the Super Size rules stated by Rich said the following:
    some rewards will get super-sized as well! Every pledge that goes over the $125 mark (including any shipping surcharge) will get TWO sheets of stickers and TWO notepads, while every pledge that goes over the $250 mark (again, including shipping surcharge) will get TWO coloring books for no additional charge (and can still add a third one for $5)
    (emphasis mine) and that matches up with the MitD Reward Chart.

So if you're international & you get the $222 pack, you get the art print :)

3. - Top - End - #3573
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Seonor View Post
    Am I correct in my reading of the updates that my the whole Story (222$) reward also includes the art print since I pledged more than 250$ (shipping, patch,...)?
    Yep. It's the total pledged, not the reward taken that determines extras. As long as it fits in the box that is.
    Last edited by Forbiddenwar; 2012-02-21 at 12:51 AM.

4. - Top - End - #3574
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Porthos View Post
    Can't say I really want to waste 15 minutes searching for it, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by dakameleon View Post
    Going back to Update #14, the Super Size rules stated by Rich said the following:

(emphasis mine) and that matches up with the MitD Reward Chart.

So if you're international & you get the $222 pack, you get the art print :)
    Especially when someone else might do the looking for me.

Thanks, dakameleon.

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

5. - Top - End - #3575
    Orc in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

That was what I wanted to know. Thanks to all involved.
    I am looking for fanfiction of the Culture or other books in the same vein. Any Ideas? PM me or post here.

Preparing to overwrite "reality". Done.

6. - Top - End - #3576

HalflingPirate

Quote Originally Posted by Porthos View Post
    Especially when someone else might do the looking for me.

Thanks, dakameleon.
    haha, that's in service of ensuring my own pledge is going to get what I'm expecting

7. - Top - End - #3577

Rich said in update #26
    "I couldn't have done it without your help—literally, of course, but also in more intangible ways. Nine years is a long time to draw stick figures, and I've had days where I just wanted to wrap the whole thing up early and move on to something else. But now that I know I have this kind of support out there, it will be that much easier to keep going during the hard times"
    Achievement Unlocked: Thor's Fan's Love (Ach, it's not THA kind o' love!)
    Rich now knows the kind of support he has.

8. - Top - End - #3578

HalflingPirate

$1,168,108 at 1.21AM EST (sorry for missing the hour)

$8000 in 1 hr 20 min! the madness continues!

9. - Top - End - #3579
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hamiltonz View Post
    Rich said in update #26
    "I couldn't have done it without your help—literally, of course, but also in more intangible ways. Nine years is a long time to draw stick figures, and I've had days where I just wanted to wrap the whole thing up early and move on to something else. But now that I know I have this kind of support out there, it will be that much easier to keep going during the hard times"
    Achievement Unlocked: Thor's Fan's Love (Ach, it's not THA kind o' love!)
    Rich now knows the kind of support he has.
    That part really kind of freaked me out. Who knows how close he may have gotten to calling it quits, just because he didn't know how much we love him?
    Quote Originally Posted by Honest Tiefling View Post
    Attempting to use Iron Heart Surge can often lead to the player removing the 'not being beaten upside the head' condition.
    avatar by me. Extended sig here.

10. - Top - End - #3580

Quote Originally Posted by Flame of Anor View Post
    That part really kind of freaked me out. Who knows how close he may have gotten to calling it quits, just because he didn't know how much we love him?
    Well, I think he knows now!
    Thanks to Castaras for the avatar!

11. - Top - End - #3581
    Bugbear in the Playground

Achievement Unlocked: We are Legion! (Gain over 14,000 backers for the drive)
    Wind & Sound Elemental Eric Greenhilt avatar by Akrim.elf
    Bodyguard in Lix's Harem
    Ninja-Pirate of BvS's Privateer village! Come and join me!
    My Extended Signature
    My Pokemon!

12. - Top - End - #3582
    Troll in the Playground

HHrrmmm...
    Spoiler
    Show
    by Akirim.elfKickstarter Avatar by Savannah
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Star Wars canon is one of those things where people have started to realize that the guys in charge are so far off their rockers that it's probably for the best to ignore them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Triscuitable View Post

OH GOD THEY'RE COMING! RUN! RUN, TURKISHPROVERB, RUN!

Quote Originally Posted by Maxios View Post
    GENERIC FLAMING COMMENT, POSSIBLY INVOLVING YOUR MOTHER !

13. - Top - End - #3583

OldWizardGuy

Probably going to regret this, but I upgraded from the $25 dollar pledge to one of the $70 Patience for a Signed Book ones... which basically works out to buying a signed book for $45.

Should be fun getting it in the mail once I've totally forgotten about it, though. And I have the PDFs to keep me happy in the meantime.

14. - Top - End - #3584

DruidGuy

Sorry if I keep asking questions that have obvious answers, but does the 15$ pledge (which includes the magnet and the commemorative patch) require a 7$ international shipping fee or a $10 one? I'm living in the UK, if that makes a difference.

EDIT: Will this pledge also include all the digital downloads, or just HtPGhS?
    Last edited by Kaurne; 2012-02-21 at 02:36 AM.

15. - Top - End - #3585
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kaurne View Post
    Sorry if I keep asking questions that have obvious answers, but does the 15$ pledge (which includes the magnet and the commemorative patch) require a 7$ international shipping fee or a $10 one? I'm living in the UK, if that makes a difference.
    Nope, you're good. Just pledge $15.

It sure will. See this handy chart in this update.

===

Meanwhile to the forum at large...

Who wants Crayons?

You do! You know you do!

PLEDGE $245 OR MORE
    33 BACKERS • Limited Reward (7 of 40 remaining)
    PATIENCE for A CRAYON DRAWING: An original full-color crayon drawing of one or two of The Order of the Stick characters of your choice, interacting comically, made and signed by Rich Burlew and shipped anywhere in the US. Plus the Roy magnet, the 8x10 print, and all the other stuff. Add the entire set of 7 OOTS books signed for an additional $305, or message me for selected books. (Canada/Mexico orders, please add $22 extra to your pledge to cover shipping; international orders, add $37.) PLEASE NOTE DELIVERY DATE: This package will not ship until all other orders have been fulfilled!
    Estimated Delivery: Dec 2012
    Last edited by Porthos; 2012-02-21 at 02:42 AM.

16. - Top - End - #3586
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kaurne View Post

Every pledge level of $10 or more gets all the digital stuff.

No shipping fee for you on the $15 goal.
    Linguist and Invoker of Orcus of the Rudisplorker's Guild
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Fantasy literature is ONLY worthwhile for what it can tell us about the real world; everything else is petty escapism.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    No author should have to take the time to say, "This little girl ISN'T evil, folks!" in order for the reader to understand that. It should be assumed that no first graders are irredeemably Evil unless the text tells you they are.

17. - Top - End - #3587

HalflingRogueGirl

but I upgraded from the $25 dollar pledge to one of the $70 Patience for a Signed Book ones...
    I got the $70 package as well. Does anyone know for sure if it comes with the coloring book, notepad, and stickers? The package description doesn't mention anything, even though the other Patience packages explicitly mention getting the other stuff/goodies.

18. - Top - End - #3588
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

I just thought of something, this drive has almost certainly created a bunch of new readers or readers that never joined the forums before. As such many of the new people may not realize that speculating on the timeline of the promised "extra week/s of strips" is against the rules here. I know many people never bother to read rules before starting to post. Is it possible for the Mods/Admins to private message new members in mass to remind them of this?
    "One useless man is called a disgrace, two are called a law firm and three or more become a congress."
    John Adams (lawyer, congressman, 2nd President of the USA)
    I participated!
    Typical of a non-spellcaster to think so linearly............But it's a line.

19. - Top - End - #3589
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Carlo View Post
    I got the $70 package as well. Does anyone know for sure if it comes with the coloring book, notepad, and stickers? The package description doesn't mention anything, even though the other Patience packages explicitly mention getting the other stuff/goodies.
    It's a book pledge, therefore it gets the goodies in the aforementioned chart I linked to.

So, yes, you get them.

20. - Top - End - #3590

HalflingRogueGirl

It's a book pledge, therefore it gets the goodies in the aforementioned chart I linked to.

So, yes, you get them.
    Thanks! That package was added after the reward chart, so I wasn't sure it applied. (For example, it includes the art print, which contradicts the chart). But I'm sure you're right.

21. - Top - End - #3591
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Carlo View Post
    Thanks! That package was added after the reward chart, so I wasn't sure it applied. (For example, it includes the art print, which contradicts the chart). But I'm sure you're right.
    Text Trumps Chart. In your case you're getting an Art Print as part of the $70 pledge. If Rich was going to show a chart that had each and every possible combination, he'd never get done making it.
    Last edited by Porthos; 2012-02-21 at 02:55 AM.

22. - Top - End - #3592
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yendor View Post
    Achievement Unlocked: The Monster Mash (A Monster for All Seasons)
    Playground, I am proud.

Good job on getting me those minis.

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieMaster View Post
    The pace has been so insane today, now I'm worried that the kickstarter is being trolled by someone who is creating false accounts and pledging, and they'll pull out at the end :-(
    It's a concern, but there's not much we can do. The end of these things tends to bring in a surge of impulse buyers who realise its their last chance, we can just hope this is what's doing it.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

23. - Top - End - #3593
    Pixie in the Playground

I got the patience for a signed book wanting to get SSaDT. Now I am wondering if there will be any left by the time the patience packages get to pick. There are about 3600 copies being sent out as part of a package, and 3000+ that could be added to other packages. Should I change packages to make sure I get one?

24. - Top - End - #3594
    Pixie in the Playground

Well, after several years reading, and collecting the books, I finally signed up for the forum for this.

Think the guy before who commented this pledge drive is like a game is spot on. An interactive online one with comics, competition and gambling. Too bloody addictive by half.

I know that if the card I hadn't been forced to use was one of those currency cards that need you to top them up and wait for funds to come over, I know I would now be about £50 over my overdraft limit and eating beans for a week or two. That crayon drawing was soooo tempting.

Was lucky enough to snag the patience for a signed print reward. Then, literally two minutes after I signed up for this forum, I noticed there was an open reward on the original art print one.

So for an extra $1 I can avoid waiting to see what comes first, my package; or the end of the world!

Anyway. Big gratz to rich for dinging a million, and I sure hope kickstarter's servers recover from the DDOSing we have been subjecting them to.

25. - Top - End - #3595
    Ogre in the Playground

Update! And the final Mystery Prize is set at $1,260,000.

I have to admit, I don't think we can get this one. It requires more than $10,000/h. He'll need some pretty epic packages to bridge this gap.
    "They couldn't know that the points from the mainline to the siding were frozen, and the signal should have been set at 'DANGER', but snow had forced it down."
    - The Flying Kipper

26. - Top - End - #3596
    Ogre in the Playground

Awww craaaaap.

Why'd he have to go add another Mystery Prize! I really can't see us making that, it's $10,777/h to reach it. My completionist side screams in rage, and I can't even do anything about it (no, I really can't, between this and the other pledge drives I'm backing my bank account is crying itself to sleep).

Will our adventure end on a note of failure?
    Last edited by Weimann; 2012-02-21 at 04:57 AM.
    Quoth the raven, "Polly wants a cracker."

Pony avatar by the Great and Powerful DirtyTabs. Lotsa hugs!

Scourge Caste avatar by the illustrious Akrim.elf. Thank you!

27. - Top - End - #3597

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by RMS Oceanic View Post
    Update! And the final Mystery Prize is set at $1,260,000.

I have to admit, I don't think we can get this one. It requires more than $10,000/h. He'll need some pretty epic packages to bridge this gap.
    I think he is out there somewhere, taunting us.

28. - Top - End - #3598
    Troll in the Playground

Well, finally worked out my pledge. 14,227. Not a huge pledge, but what I could afford out of what was left.

On the upside, I'm getting a patch, Sticky Schticks, and Origin in addition to the stuff that comes free with a book pledge.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Star Wars canon is one of those things where people have started to realize that the guys in charge are so far off their rockers that it's probably for the best to ignore them.

29. - Top - End - #3599

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    Well, finally worked out my pledge. 14,227. Not a huge pledge, but what I could afford out of what was left.

On the upside, I'm getting a patch, Sticky Schticks, and Origin in addition to the stuff that comes free with a book pledge.
    Could you bring yourself to pledge 60,000 more? For Rich? (and 15,000 Patches)

30. - Top - End - #3600
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dr._Demento View Post
    Could you bring yourself to pledge 60,000 more? For Rich? (and 15,000 Patches)
    As much as I could make do with an army of Patches, I don't have that kinda money. I gave what I could.
    Spoiler
    Show