New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #3781
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

I managed to up my pledge literally in the last second, but unfortunately we didn't make it to the last line of the chart... :(

2. - Top - End - #3782
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

Wonder how close we would have gotten if we hadn't killed the site in the last few minutes?
    The weak only strive to be weaker....

3. - Top - End - #3783
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't know who posted this, but damn it felt good to have it finish about 5 seconds after the drive. ^^
    I actually had my hair standing on edge there.

4. - Top - End - #3784
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by LordRahl6 View Post
    Well Hasmana, Close but no cigar. Rich we did our best but the 1,260,000 mark too high for such a short time after your post.
    HEY!!!! No Frowny Faces, please. This Is a time for CELEBRATION!

We TOTATLLY KICKED ASS AND TOOK NAMES HERE!

Go US!!!!!
    Concluded: The Stick Awards II: Second Edition
    Ongoing: OOTS by Page Count
    Coming Soon: OOTS by Final Post Count II: The Post Counts Always Chart Twice
    Coming Later: The Stick Awards III: The Search for More Votes

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

5. - Top - End - #3785
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    No Update yet, Kickstarter has logged me out and is so slow that I can't log back in. Working on it.
    OK, fine, I'll stop refreshing...

You know, Double Fine is probably going to lose like $50,000 by crashing Kickstarter completely with 10 minutes left in their drive.
    "I don't know why everyone always complains about being overshadowed in combat. I've always found it very relaxing."

Avatar by Threeshades. Thanks Threeshades!

6. - Top - End - #3786
    Titan in the Playground

No Update yet, Kickstarter has logged me out and is so slow that I can't log back in. Working on it.
    Oops.

My reactions in order.
    1. $1.254 million dollars. 0_0
    2. Missed the final mystery prize. NOOO!
    3. $1.254 million dollars. I love you all.
    School Fox by Atlur

Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

7. - Top - End - #3787
    Pixie in the Playground

Sorry about that, that's totally our fault. I got this snazzy screenshot though:

Link to un-shopped version

8. - Top - End - #3788
    Pixie in the Playground

I pretty much never post on the forums and I only browse them infrequently but I'm pretty proud that I belong to a community that can come together like that for something we all love. I've been reading OoTS religiously since 2005 and I really think it's something very special.

9. - Top - End - #3789
    Dwarf in the Playground

By my count 69 signed packages went unclaimed by the end of the drive. 69!
    Awesome avatar courtesy Cealocanth.

Spoiler
    Show
    it's a crab and a cancer... just ask the zodiac...
    At the end of the KICKSTARTER pledge drive the number of unclaimed signed packages was 69 ! It's like my signature knew all along...

10. - Top - End - #3790
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DiMono View Post
    The comment page on KS is officially broken for me. Says I'm not logged in, and is stuck several minutes behind. Is anyone else experiencing something similar right now, or is it just me at this point?
    It's not just you. Stuck at 0 seconds and 1,253,509. We broked it good.

11. - Top - End - #3791
    Pixie in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

I can't even comment in kickstarter >.< It says I'm a backer if i'm on the info page for the OoTS drive but... when i go to the comments... it refuses to realize that I am logged in >.<

12. - Top - End - #3792
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Sorry Porthos, but its that the last Mystery Prize will not be revealed that is disappointing.
    Wizard's First Rule: People will believe anything, either because they want it to be true, or they are afraid it is true.

13. - Top - End - #3793
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Well that new $4000 pledge explains what I was wondering about. I had 3 tabs refreshing to keep track of the total, all three came up with almost $5000 difference at 6 minutes to go. I am saving the screenshots but I can't remember how to access the site I use to load images right now. Sad we still missed out on that last goal, but happy that we made it this far. #2 spot on Kickstarter till Double-Fine ends, only the third project ever to break $1,000,000. The highest non-tech project by an unheard of amount. O-Chul should be proud.
    "One useless man is called a disgrace, two are called a law firm and three or more become a congress."
    John Adams (lawyer, congressman, 2nd President of the USA)
    I participated!
    Typical of a non-spellcaster to think so linearly............But it's a line.

14. - Top - End - #3794

Gentlemen, congratulations on the fundraising, and may I say, it was an honor pledging with you.

15. - Top - End - #3795
    Dwarf in the Playground

Can't comment in kickstarter either. (Gabriel Hinojosa)

This was most great!

I hope that the last chart shows that the last purple line fell to the 1.25k line :D
    That would rock.
    Junior Polearm Avenger of the GwaH fan club

Yay Banjo!

16. - Top - End - #3796
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by zankana View Post
    I can't even comment in kickstarter >.< It says I'm a backer if i'm on the info page for the OoTS drive but... when i go to the comments... it refuses to realize that I am logged in >.<
    We can still comment on the Kickstarter Update page.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...e/posts/178178

HOORAY FOR LOOPHOLES!

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

17. - Top - End - #3797
    Barbarian in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

StompStarter

18. - Top - End - #3798

Beholder

thog sorry thog broke website. thog not give so much money at the same time ever again!

19. - Top - End - #3799
    Ogre in the Playground

The comment page on KS is officially broken for me. Says I'm not logged in, and is stuck several minutes behind. Is anyone else experiencing something similar right now, or is it just me at this point?
    No, I get that too.
    Quoth the raven, "Polly wants a cracker."

Pony avatar by the Great and Powerful DirtyTabs. Lotsa hugs!

Scourge Caste avatar by the illustrious Akrim.elf. Thank you!

20. - Top - End - #3800
    Barbarian in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

StompStarter

21. - Top - End - #3801
    Dwarf in the Playground

Oh good, it's not just me then. It jumps back from 1254120 to 1253509 and "seconds remain...", and logs me out. I can't log back in from there, I just get a "we apologise" message. When I go back to project home or update, I get the right (hopefully) total and show up logged in. Same for everyone else?
    The above post probably made more sense in my head.

22. - Top - End - #3802
    Pixie in the Playground

ok, so I'm not the only one who got kicked by kickstarter.

23. - Top - End - #3803
    Orc in the Playground

THE LAST MYSTERY PRIZE SHALL FOREVER REMAIN.... A MYSTERY!!!

But still, 1.25 Million dollars! You deserve every penny Giant. Your strip is both entertaining and engaging, an inspiration to indepedant artists and authors everywhere (like me!). Hope you keep going for another 20 years, at least!

Also can't wait to get my hands on the game expansions!!!
    If Ignorance is bliss, I'll take suffering any day.
    -Annonymous

24. - Top - End - #3804
    Ogre in the Playground

No, I get that too.
    Quoth the raven, "Polly wants a cracker."

Pony avatar by the Great and Powerful DirtyTabs. Lotsa hugs!

Scourge Caste avatar by the illustrious Akrim.elf. Thank you!

25. - Top - End - #3805
    Pixie in the Playground

Well I expect zero sympathy, but....

...after several days offline organising a wargaming event, I logged on to make a modest pledge, only for the kick starter site to freeze, and 10 minutes later say I am too late (by 5 minutes).

I guess I won't be the only last minute person to have missed out.

So I guess the questions are:
    (1) Can late comers such as I, add to the pledge ?
    (2) If not, can we/will we, be able to pay through the nose for the extras ?

In desperate hope...

26. - Top - End - #3806
    Orc in the Playground

THE LAST MYSTERY PRIZE SHALL FOREVER REMAIN.... A MYSTERY!!!

But still, 1.25 Million dollars! You deserve every penny Giant. Your strip is both entertaining and engaging, an inspiration to indepedant artists and authors everywhere (like me!). Hope you keep going for another 20 years, at least!

Also can't wait to get my hands on the game expansions!!!
    If Ignorance is bliss, I'll take suffering any day.
    -Annonymous

27. - Top - End - #3807
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Giddon View Post
    thog sorry thog broke website. thog not give so much money at the same time ever again!
    Funny Giddon. Absolutely Hilarious in fact.
    Wizard's First Rule: People will believe anything, either because they want it to be true, or they are afraid it is true.

28. - Top - End - #3808
    Dwarf in the Playground

Oh good, it's not just me then. It jumps back from 1254120 to 1253509 and "seconds remain...", and logs me out. I can't log back in from there, I just get a "we apologise" message. When I go back to project home or update, I get the right (hopefully) total and show up logged in. Same for everyone else?
    The above post probably made more sense in my head.

29. - Top - End - #3809
    Pixie in the Playground

ok, so I'm not the only one who got kicked by kickstarter. And I think now we broke giantitp ^^

30. - Top - End - #3810
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by LordRahl6 View Post
    Sorry Porthos, but its that the last Mystery Prize will not be revealed that is disappointing.
    Now you see, maybe The Giant will be a benevolent and mercifiul tyrant.

What I'll need to know is what the Mystery Prize to the $4K backer is.