New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #3811
    Dwarf in the Playground

Imp

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

Quote Originally Posted by Myrdhale View Post
    THE LAST MYSTERY PRIZE SHALL FOREVER REMAIN.... A MYSTERY!!!
    Bet you we still get it.
    "Be brave Tula and one day you too will be free!"
    -cledfb

2. - Top - End - #3812
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

Can't comment on Kickstarter either, and the comment tab lists different totals. I think we broke it.

3. - Top - End - #3813
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

By the way, officially #2 on the Kickstarter Top Ten (for now)! Wikipedia's already been edited to reflect this. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kicksta...y_funds_raised
    The weak only strive to be weaker....

4. - Top - End - #3814
    Pixie in the Playground

Well I expect zero sympathy, but....

...after several days offline organising a wargaming event, I logged on to make a modest pledge, only for the kick starter site to freeze, and 10 minutes later say I am too late (by 5 minutes).

I guess I won't be the only last minute person to have missed out.

So I guess the questions are:
    (1) Can late comers such as I, add to the pledge ?
    (2) If not, can we/will we, be able to pay through the nose for the extras ?

In desperate hope...

5. - Top - End - #3815
    Pixie in the Playground

First: http://www.myfacewhen.net/uploads/961-aww-yeah.jpg

Second: I have a distinct impression that Rich will give us the last Mystery Prize regardless of this $6,5k we're lacking :)

6. - Top - End - #3816
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by LordRahl6 View Post
    Sorry Porthos, but its that the last Mystery Prize will not be revealed that is disappointing.
    Now you see, maybe The Giant will be a benevolent and mercifiul tyrant.

What I'll need to know is what the Mystery Prize to the $4K backer is.
    Concluded: The Stick Awards II: Second Edition
    Ongoing: OOTS by Page Count
    Coming Soon: OOTS by Final Post Count II: The Post Counts Always Chart Twice
    Coming Later: The Stick Awards III: The Search for More Votes

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

7. - Top - End - #3817
    Barbarian in the Playground

MindFlayer

F5 camping worked out pretty well for me.

I got the impatient signed set and a patient crayon drawing, which works out great for me because I have no idea which characters to pick. There are so many great characters to choose from that I'll end up kicking myself when I think of a better combo...

8. - Top - End - #3818
    Ogre in the Playground

Is it just me, or are posts spontaneously rearranging themselves every time I refresh?
    ^~Cody T.~^

"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo

9. - Top - End - #3819
    Pixie in the Playground

ok, so I'm not the only one who got kicked by kickstarter. And I think now we broke giantitp ^^

10. - Top - End - #3820
    Orc in the Playground

THE LAST MYSTERY PRIZE SHALL FOREVER REMAIN.... A MYSTERY!!!

But still, 1.25 Million dollars! You deserve every penny Giant. Your strip is both entertaining and engaging, an inspiration to indepedant artists and authors everywhere (like me!). Hope you keep going for another 20 years, at least!

Also can't wait to get my hands on the game expansions!!!
    If Ignorance is bliss, I'll take suffering any day.
    -Annonymous

11. - Top - End - #3821
    Ogre in the Playground

Greetings from Amazon Payments,

We wanted to let you know that we successfully completed a payment to Giant in the Playground for $XXX.XX on Feb 21, 2012
    Yes! Exactly what I wanted to hear.

12. - Top - End - #3822
    Pixie in the Playground

We are awesome.

Second: I have a distinct impression that Rich will give us the last Mystery Prize regardless of those $6,5k we're lacking ;) (I surely hope he will )

13. - Top - End - #3823
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Greetings from Amazon Payments,

We wanted to let you know that we successfully completed a payment to Giant in the Playground for $XXX.XX on Feb 21, 2012. This payment is related to the payment authorization listed below:
    ======

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

14. - Top - End - #3824
    Halfling in the Playground

Rich :)

Post the update please so I can go to bed... (stayed up all night for the fun of it)

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...Tet!

15. - Top - End - #3825
    Pixie in the Playground

I think Kickstarter choked under the sheer amount of us that descended, and the number of backers we had. I still haven't received my "congratulations, the project was funded!" email from them, and my credit card has yet to be charged.

I really hope everything still goes off as expected.

16. - Top - End - #3826
    Pixie in the Playground

MonkGirl

Well, since the thread at KS died, I had to create an account here. Probably should have done so quite some time ago

17. - Top - End - #3827
    Ogre in the Playground

I think this thread's broken now...
    ^~Cody T.~^

"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo

18. - Top - End - #3828
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DiMono View Post
    The comment page on KS is officially broken for me. Says I'm not logged in, and is stuck several minutes behind. Is anyone else experiencing something similar right now, or is it just me at this point?
    Oh good, it's not just me then. It jumps back from 1254120 to 1253509 and "seconds remain...", and logs me out. I can't log back in from there, I just get a "we apologise" message. When I go back to project home or update, I get the right (hopefully) total and show up logged in. Same for everyone else?
    The above post probably made more sense in my head.

19. - Top - End - #3829
    Pixie in the Playground

I think we broke this site, too.
    At least it took me several minutes to post this ^^

And yes, Kickstarter kickes me, too, if I want to see the comments.

20. - Top - End - #3830
    Pixie in the Playground

We are awesome.

Second: I have a distinct impression that Rich will give us the last Mystery Prize regardless of those $6,5k we're lacking ;)

21. - Top - End - #3831
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Elder Tsofu View Post
    Yes! Exactly what I wanted to hear.
    Looks like they're doing it in order of Backer Number, maybe?

22. - Top - End - #3832
    Pixie in the Playground

Oi! Which one of you shut down Kickstarter coz you knew I'd put off joining the forum until I had my piccie to share?!

Well played. sir. Well played indeed.

23. - Top - End - #3833
    Ogre in the Playground

Update! Looks like we are getting that mystery prize after all!
    ^~Cody T.~^

24. - Top - End - #3834
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGirl

I think besides the success of the project, Rich also has a bunch of new forumites...myself included. :) So...will Kickstarter become fixed enough so that Rich can give us our last update?

25. - Top - End - #3835
    Bugbear in the Playground

Achievement Unlocked: Move the line! (Mystery Prize 9/10 achieved)
    Wind & Sound Elemental Eric Greenhilt avatar by Akrim.elf
    Bodyguard in Lix's Harem
    Ninja-Pirate of BvS's Privateer village! Come and join me!
    My Extended Signature
    My Pokemon!

26. - Top - End - #3836
    Bugbear in the Playground

PaladinGuy

What a ride. Thanks Rich! It's been a blast. Same time next year

27. - Top - End - #3837
    Ogre in the Playground

Woo, my payment went through! *cheers*
    Quoth the raven, "Polly wants a cracker."

Pony avatar by the Great and Powerful DirtyTabs. Lotsa hugs!

Scourge Caste avatar by the illustrious Akrim.elf. Thank you!

28. - Top - End - #3838
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Porthos View Post
    Looks like they're doing it in order of Backer Number, maybe?
    Maybe. I know I haven't gotten one yet, and I was pretty early on; like within the first two days. Maybe order of last amount update? That would put me pretty late on both my accounts.

29. - Top - End - #3839
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Chess435 View Post
    Is it just me, or are posts spontaneously rearranging themselves every time I refresh?
    Oh trust me: it's not just you.
    Awesome avatar courtesy Cealocanth.

Spoiler
    Show
    it's a crab and a cancer... just ask the zodiac...
    At the end of the KICKSTARTER pledge drive the number of unclaimed signed packages was 69 ! It's like my signature knew all along...

30. - Top - End - #3840
    Halfling in the Playground

DruidGuy

I've lurked on here for a long time, posting very infrequently - in fact I've doubled my postcount simply by asking questions in this thread.

And I just want to say, Giant

Thank You.

Thank you for every time I've come home to find a new comic to cheer me up. Thank you for all those enjoyable hours I've spent reading the archives instead of doing work. Thank you for every silly moment, every fantastic joke, every bit of clever wordplay, every pun that made me cringe.

Thank you for every bit of deadpan snark from Roy, every bit of unadulterated greed from Haley, every bit of boundless optimism from Elan, every bit of magical arrogance from Vaarsuvius, every bit of dour Dwarfishness from Durkon, every bit of amusing psychopathy from Belkar and every bit of incredible, mad, hilarious evil from Xykon.

And thank you for those rare moments when the group gets over their collective squabbles, or a character gets over their personal issues, and they prove that, despite the character flaws, the difficulties with alignment and their utter unsuitability for the job, the Order is a group of true heroes. Thank you for those awesome moments.

Thank you for every minute of time you have put into this labour of love of yours. Many times I have asked myself how one manages to do what you do, and I have never come up with a satisfactory answer. I simply can't understand how you do it - but I don't mind, because I know you will still do it, and in a few days I'll have another strip to read, and laugh at, and be amazed by.

Thank you.