New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 136 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819202122233863113 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

~$1700 away from Origins hitting the goal mark.

Outstanding. =D

2. - Top - End - #362
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

Can't wait to see Rich's reaction.

3. - Top - End - #363
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Unisus View Post
    I wonder if the Giant manages to put the OtOoPC rewards up before hitting the OtOoPC reprint line... i somehow doubt it...
    That doesn't particularly matter. They have to see the total most of the way to $140,000 which is my estimate for where the NCftPB awards will kick in. The SSaDT awards are down to the last 20% already.

4. - Top - End - #364
    Barbarian in the Playground

After OtOoPC is added to the rewards we are gonna witness a HUGE jump as people like me update from one book to two books...

5. - Top - End - #365
    Dwarf in the Playground

Given that we're at $95,000+ dollars already and have 27 days left, I think it's safe to say we'll be getting Origin back in print.

6. - Top - End - #366
    Dwarf in the Playground

Of course, there is the caveat that the pledges can still be pulled between now and the end of the pledge period. Which means that if somebody pulls out of one of the big limited pledges, it would have a sizable effect on the overall pledged amount.

7. - Top - End - #367
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Just another stat note . . .
    The rate has remained stable at around a $1,500 increase for each of the past 3 hours.

Once the SSaDTs finish up, I would wager that without new preciouses we'll see the rates sharply decrease, stabilize for a bit, and then begin a steady decrease until saturation is reached.
    Let the Yaggle Gakkle-ing begin.
    Beware! Beware!
    All children of the 'ground

8. - Top - End - #368

Quote Originally Posted by Manga Maniac View Post
    Given that we're at $95,000+ dollars already and have 27 days left, I think it's safe to say we'll be getting Origin back in print.
    By now it's safe to say we are getting NCftPB as well. The only remaining question is - will we get a full reprint of every book by next month?

9. - Top - End - #369
    Halfling in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Unisus View Post
    oh - now that you say it - now i know where to look *smile*

I wonder if the Giant manages to put the OtOoPC rewards up before hitting the OtOoPC reprint line... i somehow doubt it...
    Yup. It'll still be worth it for Rich to put those rewards up though, they will get it moving rapidly towards the NCftPB goal.

10. - Top - End - #370
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by k_bukie View Post
    Of course, there is the caveat that the pledges can still be pulled between now and the end of the pledge period. Which means that if somebody pulls out of one of the big limited pledges, it would have a sizable effect on the overall pledged amount.
    Well everyone who pledged $250+ could pull out and we'd still have enough to hit the minimum amount.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

11. - Top - End - #371
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

If this keeps up, we'll be reprinting everything. I can't wait to see how high this goes. Hope Rich can come up with new goals, and fast.

12. - Top - End - #372
    Orc in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

I'm imagining that one of the update graphs is going to include Haley buried under a pile of money. At the point of writing, we are less than $600 away from a full reprint of OoPCs.

13. - Top - End - #373
    Firbolg in the Playground

Congrats, Rich, this is astounding and comes to prove how huge and loyal and excitable your fan group is !

(By the way, the last couple of comics were simply fantastic.)

I pledged just $10 since I have all the books already, I have made gifts of copies to friends, in other words, I'm all set. No need to spend more of Earth's resources. But after I had entered my pledge, I found that I'm getting 4 stories in PDF, instead of one ! I'm delighted, but I also feel a little cheap now... Since you're going to set new targets now that the highest one is reached (it should be any minute now), ideas for additional rewards not involving books would be great.

14. - Top - End - #374

Possible new rewards for those who have all the books... Just throwing ideas around:

Magnets - a reprint of the set (eg Belkar) or another web exclusive one?

A collected printed book with the stories written for the kickstarter (probably too complicated and expensive).

A one page comedic of character sheet for minor NPCs in the world (Sangwaan, Guy with the halberd, etc ...) at a new price point. Featuring a couple of illustrations and likes / dislikes, strong points. Who wouldn't pay to learn more about Bozzak, Crystal and all the other minor NPCs?

Sketchbook pages from the author (à la SSDT)

A set of cut-out paper counters with common monsters of OOTS and characters for tabletop gaming - The origin of rich's stick figures if I remember correctly. Release to everyone who has pledged, 1 counter every x dollars.

A set of skits from the demon roaches.

More stuff like the Series 1: Magic Items to Put Back and voting incentives.

A Belkar murder-a-thon, how much XP (and USD) can the belkster (aka Sexy Shoeless God of War) amass before meeting a monster too big for him?

15. - Top - End - #375
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

Well, its certainly is an awesome thing to watch, isn't it?

I, too, hope that Rich isn't buried beneath a mountain of autographed books!

My only (selfish) worry is that NCFtPB is reached (that'd be horrible, eh?) - its going to be confusing to find the rewards for all the combinations of books. I don't need OtOOPCs, for example, just WaXP and NCFtPB (and DStP....).

I know, a minor worry

Congrats to Rich!

16. - Top - End - #376
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynfrid View Post
    But after I had entered my pledge, I found that I'm getting 4 stories in PDF, instead of one ! I'm delighted, but I also feel a little cheap now...
    You can always up your pledge to an amount which you feel is non-cheap but retain the same pledge award.
    Personally I think that you shouldn't feel cheap though.

17. - Top - End - #377
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Pyscho Druid View Post

My only (selfish) worry is that NCFtPB is reached (that'd be horrible, eh?) - its going to be confusing to find the rewards for all the combinations of books. I don't need OtOOPCs, for example, just WaXP and NCFtPB (and DStP....).

I know, a minor worry

Congrats to Rich!
    Just an aside,
    trying to read this post (or any that use the abbrevs) in my mind makes it sound like the Tazmanian Devil is about to start spinning.
    Let the Yaggle Gakkle-ing begin.
    Beware! Beware!
    All children of the 'ground

18. - Top - End - #378
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Achievement Unlocked (Full Print Run [On the Origins of PCs]).
    Concluded: The Stick Awards II: Second Edition
    Ongoing: OOTS by Page Count
    Coming Soon: OOTS by Final Post Count II: The Post Counts Always Chart Twice
    Coming Later: The Stick Awards III: The Search for More Votes

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

19. - Top - End - #379
    Dwarf in the Playground

And there we go. Origins of PCs can be reprinted. Now on to Paladin Blues...
    Awesome avatar courtesy Cealocanth.

Spoiler
    Show
    it's a crab and a cancer... just ask the zodiac...
    At the end of the KICKSTARTER pledge drive the number of unclaimed signed packages was 69 ! It's like my signature knew all along...

20. - Top - End - #380
    Bugbear in the Playground

*ding* goal achieved
    only two ninjas? That's pretty good
    Last edited by blackjack217; 2012-01-24 at 04:16 PM.

Countdown to the zombie Apocalypse: braaaaaaains.

21. - Top - End - #381
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

We made it, a new print run of OtOoPC's
    "One useless man is called a disgrace, two are called a law firm and three or more become a congress."
    John Adams (lawyer, congressman, 2nd President of the USA)
    I participated!
    Typical of a non-spellcaster to think so linearly............But it's a line.

22. - Top - End - #382
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Ding!

$96,950. Well 96,960.

But hey, say hello Darwin.

23. - Top - End - #383
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateWench

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    If the drive meets the listed goal, then we'll start working toward the amount needed for On the Origin of PCs. I'll tell you how much that is when we get near it. The good news is, that book is a LOT cheaper to print than WAXP. The bad news is that its been in print longer and has been out-of-stock for less time, so not as many people will be clamoring for it. If we get the increased amount then, both books will be reprinted at the same time; this would actually be ideal, since the printer will give me a slight price break for printing multiple books at once.

If the WAXP drive succeeds but not by enough to reprint OTOPCs, then it probably won't be reprinted until after I've put out the next new OOTS book, whenever that ends up being.
    I hope this hasn't been answered somewhere else, but:

Why don't you use a print-on-demand service? There are several out there. Your won't run any financial risk and your books will never be out of print.

24. - Top - End - #384

PaladinGuy

Rich needs a new goal now.

25. - Top - End - #385
    Troll in the Playground

$90 of the Origins reprint goal. It was $50,000 when I went to bed.

Running Tomb of Horrors 4E in all that horrific tombyness.

My Blog The Level 1 GM

26. - Top - End - #386
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Another goal reached... so what's next?

27. - Top - End - #387
    Pixie in the Playground

Between 3:11 pm and 3:12 pm US Central time the pledge hit $96,950.

28. - Top - End - #388
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

I know, a minor worry

Congrats to Rich!

[edit: Rich just posted a new update and it sounds like he's going to take care of the combinations of books as goals get met - woohoo!]
    Last edited by Pyscho Druid; 2012-01-24 at 04:25 PM.

29. - Top - End - #389
    Ogre in the Playground

And there we go. Origins of PCs can be reprinted. Now on to Paladin Blues...
    That's one I'm really interested in since my local shop hasn't got it left in stock (compared to origins for example).

30. - Top - End - #390

PaladinGuy

I'm kind of hoping Start of Darkness goes in the rewards pool but...if not, I'm fine with SSDT and WAXP.